Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-4-2007, 09:12 AM   #281
Shamo0
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shamo0
Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl: Release Date Announced

All I'm saying is that, wavedashing has become standardized. It's a exploit that the active community uses. It doesn't change the fact that it's an exploit, but it does change the fact that it has become standardized. Like it or not, it's not deemed as cheating to the active and well established community. It's a multiplayer game, and it's a technique that takes skill to use and apply correctly. It's wrong to just call it cheating and unfair simply because you don't want to put in the time committment yourself like many others have done to do it consecutively. It's become standardize by the community. The community controls multiplayer gaming believe it or not. Don't like the way the community plays-- don't play, simple. Like I said before no one is forcing you to play by these settings. If you don't want to play using no items and wavedashing or any other advance tech go ahead, but if you lose there is nothing to be said other than the fact that you aren't as dedicated with the game as the person you were facing.

Every character can perform the maneuver. So the people who actually took time to actually practice the game and play it A LOT more than any other players should have a say in what stays and what goes for standardized play-- especially when they always put more time into the game then the person that is saying wavedashing is unfair all the time. The active community has decided it's not cheating. If the people that dislike wavedashing actually took the time and stood there stance and played the game as much as the hardcore players maybe wavedashing would be considered something different. But it isn't and the simple reason is, is because those players simply don't care enough and don't put as much time into the game. Why should anyone listen to players that don't even actually put in the play time compared to all the active community members? If you want to prove a point practice the game using your play style and beat them while they are using theirs use yours and win. I'm sure if you can win using the way you play it would have a huge impact especially if it was at something like MLG where the best players around the world participate. But the chances of that happening, like you or anyone that doesn't approve of tournament play actually being dedicated enough to practice and change the views of a community of a game is extremely slim.

It's like state representation. The bigger states have more reps: The most active community has the biggest say. It's a pretty simple concept. Call it what you want. Say what you think it is. It doesn't change the impression of the tactic by the active community since you probably don't even want to put in the time commitment to either learn it yourself or stand by your opinion and participate in tournaments.

Also if you honestly think someone who took the time to perform wavedashing consecutively without fail in battle and apply it to different tactics can't win without using wavedashing against someone that plays without a high level of dedication you are delirious.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, It's directed at everyone that doesn't approve of wavedashing and ones that would call it unfair and people that don't like the currently favored tournament play settings.

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo

Last edited by Shamo0; 09-4-2007 at 09:43 AM..
Shamo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2007, 09:22 AM   #282
bythenines
FFR Player

WOOOOOO!!! can't wait!
Old 09-4-2007, 03:28 PM   #283
zidart
FFR Player

diddy kong moves is the update of today. i don't know why but i'm not really exited with this character o.o, i wanna know the other 2 moves of ike XD.
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2007, 08:38 AM   #284
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

Shamo0, you're stupid. You're basing your whole argument on what a gaming community says. It's still an exploit. It was not intended to be in the game. Using it to your advantage IS cheating. Who cares if everyone else uses it? When you're driving, EVERYONE speeds and breaks the speed limit. Does that make it legal? Of course not, it's still illegal. It's the same thing here, just because everybody has seen it as "standardized" doesn't mean that it is necessarily "fair" and "legit." I've played SSBM for a long time and I never took the time to practice wavedashing. You know why? Because I would rather sit there and play the game instead of sitting in training mode for hours doing the same thing over and over and ruining my controlller. That's my PREFERENCE. And that is what Nintendo intended, a game that people can play and have fun while getting better in their own ways.

Wavedashing is a glitch. Now shut up and talk about Brawl. Jesus.

O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
ckj846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2007, 12:18 PM   #285
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to masterhickle

Quote:
Wavedashing is programmed into the AR, but exploits the game's physics. Now shut up and talk about Brawl. Jesus.
Agreed
Old 09-5-2007, 02:29 PM   #286
Shamo0
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckj846 View Post
Shamo0, you're stupid. You're basing your whole argument on what a gaming community says. It's still an exploit. It was not intended to be in the game. Using it to your advantage IS cheating. Who cares if everyone else uses it? When you're driving, EVERYONE speeds and breaks the speed limit. Does that make it legal? Of course not, it's still illegal. It's the same thing here, just because everybody has seen it as "standardized" doesn't mean that it is necessarily "fair" and "legit."
No, I'm basing my whole argument around tournament play because that is where it's USED and how casual players never show respect for people who want to play the game a different skill-controlled way. It was not intended to be in the game but it IS. It is still an exploit that is deemed "fair" and "legit". Who care's if everyone elses is speeding? If your on a highway where the speed limit is above normal you're going to speed. Does that make it legal? Yes. If you're playing in a tournament you have the option to use wavedashing. If you don't speed on the highway with an abnormally high speed limit you're either going to cause an accident or get a ticket. If you don't wavedash in a tournament most likely you're going to lose.

Quote:
I've played SSBM for a long time and I never took the time to practice wavedashing. You know why? Because I would rather sit there and play the game instead of sitting in training mode for hours doing the same thing over and over and ruining my controlller. That's my PREFERENCE. And that is what Nintendo intended, a game that people can play and have fun while getting better in their own ways.
No one but yourself cares if you took the time to master Wavedashing. Stop touting the fact like it's a plus for you. It's not, all it shows is that you aren't dedicated and it shows in your post that you're not willing to put in the time to do this. Just because YOU AREN'T WILLING does not give you the right to downtalk competitive play simply because YOU DONT WANT TO DO IT. How is this concept so hard to understand?

You're allowed to have a preference but when people talk about their own and you show no respect for theirs that is where you are wrong. And stop with the lame ass flaming, Forum rules ya know ^.^;;

And last but not least you can't talk about a sequel to a game without comparing it to the first especially when no1 has played the game yet. Not even paid videogame reviewers can do that. If YOU or anyone else don't want to talk about this anymore, simply ignore all the post that talk about it. But I have every right to talk about how the community plays this franchise in this thread.

Also Meta Knight:

It's Meta Knight, whose introduction was delayed for some reason. He's Kirby's...rival?

Despite being almost all head, his mask and cape exude coolness. He overwhelms enemies with his mach-speed sword!

Last edited by Shamo0; 09-5-2007 at 03:02 PM..
Old 09-5-2007, 02:41 PM   #287
Pumble
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Pumble

this topic is nerd rage in its finest
Old 09-5-2007, 02:57 PM   #288
whyudothis
Banned

Banned from tournament play.
whyudothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2007, 06:58 PM   #289
Xandertrax
om nom nom
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Xandertrax

holy CRAP meta-knight. I've been waiting for this.

Definetly going to be my next player, if falco doesn't return.
Xandertrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2007, 11:01 PM   #290
ckj846
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamo0 View Post
Who care's if everyone elses is speeding? If your on a highway where the speed limit is above normal you're going to speed. Does that make it legal? Yes. If you're playing in a tournament you have the option to use wavedashing. If you don't speed on the highway with an abnormally high speed limit you're either going to cause an accident or get a ticket. If you don't wavedash in a tournament most likely you're going to lose.
I would read that over again before you start talking out of your ass again.

What do you mean who cares everyone is speeding? It's STILL AGAINST THE LAW. You're basically saying that since some people are doing it, it's alright for everyone to do it and it makes it 100% legal. That's like saying "Oh hey look, there's 10 child molesters in my neighborhood, everybody is doing it so it must be legal! It's against the rules of the people who laid down the laws way back when. Who are the people who laid down the rules and created the game? No, not some group of nerds creating "competitive play" but NINTENDO themselves. If you have to exploit the game mechanics to achieve something that was not meant to be there, that's going against the rules. It's simple logic. Go ahead and yell at me for not following the forum rules, see what I care. It's people who don't use logic like you who are frustrating me at the moment. Yeah sure, I'm not dedicated and not as "pro" at the game as you are, but that doesn't make me inferior when I'm talking about a mechanic of the game, not my skill level.

Go ahead and type out some long rebuttal against me.

Anyways, I think I would use Pit in Brawl just because I think gliding would be extra fun =D Kinda like Peach and kinda not. Are all characters able to glide like Pit? Is it known yet?

O_o
Old 09-6-2007, 04:14 PM   #291
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:

What do you mean who cares everyone is speeding? It's STILL AGAINST THE LAW. You're basically saying that since some people are doing it, it's alright for everyone to do it and it makes it 100% legal. That's like saying "Oh hey look, there's 10 child molesters in my neighborhood, everybody is doing it so it must be legal! It's against the rules of the people who laid down the laws way back when. Who are the people who laid down the rules and created the game? No, not some group of nerds creating "competitive play" but NINTENDO themselves. If you have to exploit the game mechanics to achieve something that was not meant to be there, that's going against the rules. It's simple logic. Go ahead and yell at me for not following the forum rules, see what I care. It's people who don't use logic like you who are frustrating me at the moment. Yeah sure, I'm not dedicated and not as "pro" at the game as you are, but that doesn't make me inferior when I'm talking about a mechanic of the game, not my skill level.

Go ahead and type out some long rebuttal against me.

Anyways, I think I would use Pit in Brawl just because I think gliding would be extra fun =D Kinda like Peach and kinda not. Are all characters able to glide like Pit? Is it known yet?

O_o

only characters with wings (except for peach) i think
Old 09-6-2007, 05:47 PM   #292
Shamo0
FFR Player

Quote:

What do you mean who cares everyone is speeding? It's STILL AGAINST THE LAW. You're basically saying that since some people are doing it, it's alright for everyone to do it and it makes it 100% legal. That's like saying "Oh hey look, there's 10 child molesters in my neighborhood, everybody is doing it so it must be legal!
Totally not what I meant. I ment that if everyone was speeding in a speedzone, those do exist you know that it's OK for you to speed too. They have Highways specifically built for speeding. Just like they have Tournaments specifically created for Tournament play.

Quote:
It's against the rules of the people who laid down the laws way back when. Who are the people who laid down the rules and created the game? No, not some group of nerds creating "competitive play" but NINTENDO themselves. If you have to exploit the game mechanics to achieve something that was not meant to be there, that's going against the rules. It's simple logic.
Who cares if Nintendo created the game? Are they the ones creating and holding and participating in the tournaments? No, that is why they are called TOURNAMENT settings. Not Nintendo settings-- Tournament settings. Settings specifically used during TOURNAMENT play. I'm sure Nintendo doesn't care about Tournament play as it's still putting money in there pocket from people still buying it. Just like I'm sure the creators of Half Life didn't care when some guy modded there game and created Counter-Strike.

Quote:
Go ahead and yell at me for not following the forum rules, see what I care. It's people who don't use logic like you who are frustrating me at the moment. Yeah sure, I'm not dedicated and not as "pro" at the game as you are, but that doesn't make me inferior when I'm talking about a mechanic of the game, not my skill level.
First off, I never said you were inferior. I simply said you weren't dedicated and you agreed with it. Second off, I'm not yelling at you I'm simply telling you to abide by forum rules. The only people here that would yell at you would be the mods. It's simple logic to abide by them. So use that simple logic. I don't even know why you're getting frustrated. I'm not even flaming, you were. I'm not even getting frustrated. Why? I love talking about smash.

Last edited by Shamo0; 09-6-2007 at 07:06 PM..
Old 09-6-2007, 06:55 PM   #293
zidart
FFR Player

i just hope the tournament rules are not so stupid in brawl, well it doesn't matter anyway because i hope we can arrange the settings in on-line mode
Old 09-6-2007, 07:00 PM   #294
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

From what I hear, exploits in games go unpunished nowadays in games like Mario Kart DS, where people use snaking to win races. Nobody likes to play against random people anymore because of the jerks who need exploits rather than skill to win races.

If the same happens for Brawl, I'd be disappointed in the gaming community. That's why I'm hoping so badly that *if* wavedashing is in the game, people don't use it in a casual setting. I don't care if you want to use it for tournaments against other wavedashing nerds, but don't use it against random opponents. That's just rude.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2007, 08:07 PM   #295
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Dude, Shamo0, you keep on changing the meaning of your comparisons. =\

In any case, I really don't care if they decide to include wave dashing or not because I'm still trying to master this "charge" thing. I learned it a while back and I still don't have it completely down.

In any case, the easiest thing I can think of to compare this situation is with Egyptian War, a card game. It's where players take turns to put down cards. If a person plays a royal, depending on the royal, the next person has x amount of chances to put another royal down before the person who played the royal gets the pile. The object of the game is to collect all the cards. However, there are special ways to get the cards without using the royals; which are when certain patterns appear (some of the common ones are doubles, where two cards in a row are the same or sandwiches, which is the same as a double except there is any card in the middle), players may slap the pile and the first one who slaps gets the pile. Now, the problem here is, when I play with my friends, we're fast to the point where we have to feel who gets there first because we can't see it. So we're really honest when it comes to who gets there first or not. When I play with other people, they think that slipping fingers under the hand of the person who got there first means that they will win. Clearly, they did not slap it first, but they argue they did because their fingers are underneath everyone else's.

I love almost pointless stories.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2007, 11:29 PM   #296
ckj846
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamo0 View Post
Totally not what I meant. I ment that if everyone was speeding in a speedzone, those do exist you know that it's OK for you to speed too. They have Highways specifically built for speeding. Just like they have Tournaments specifically created for Tournament play.
I said going over the speed limit. That's illegal. You don't even read what I write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamo0
Who cares if Nintendo created the game? Are they the ones creating and holding and participating in the tournaments? No, that is why they are called TOURNAMENT settings. Not Nintendo settings-- Tournament settings. Settings specifically used during TOURNAMENT play. I'm sure Nintendo doesn't care about Tournament play as it's still putting money in there pocket from people still buying it. Just like I'm sure the creators of Half Life didn't care when some guy modded there game and created Counter-Strike.
Who cares that our founding fathers wrote the constitution and gave us our rights and laid down laws in the name of justice so that our country doesn't go into utter chaos right? An exploit is an exploit. Stop trying to go around it. It's the fact that you were all excited in the first post, that I pointed out to you, that there MIGHT be a chance that your "exploit" may be in Brawl which frustrated me. It's players like you who are going to make Brawl pointless to play online because you take time to exploit the game in order to gain an advantage. That's like exploiting the justice system and smuggling drugs into the country so you can get richer faster than everyone else. Same concept. If it isn't written in the game code, it shouldn't be there. And if it shouldn't be there and you exploit it, it's against the intentions of Nintendo or the "rules." Stop changing what you're saying when it's convenient for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamo0
First off, I never said you were inferior. I simply said you weren't dedicated and you agreed with it. Second off, I'm not yelling at you I'm simply telling you to abide by forum rules. The only people here that would yell at you would be the mods. It's simple logic to abide by them. So use that simple logic. I don't even know why you're getting frustrated. I'm not even flaming, you were. I'm not even getting frustrated. Why? I love talking about smash.
By talking like you know everything about the game because you can wavedash, that pretty much gives you a condescending tone. I agreed with the part that I wasn't dedicated after you had that tone with me. Rhetoric my friend. And sure, you're not yelling at me and you're not neccessarily flaming me. I'm at fault there. But I'm still frustrated at the fact that people take gaming so seriously that they have to exploit things and then pretend like they are on their high horses because "lawl i'm better than u." Not saying you, perse, but just in general.

I really hope there isn't wavedashing in Brawl. But then again, there is probably going to be another exploit and the same thing is going to happen.

O_o

Last edited by ckj846; 09-6-2007 at 11:31 PM..
Old 09-7-2007, 12:54 AM   #297
Tasuke
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tasuke Send a message via MSN to Tasuke

If it bothers you that people wavedash and can beat you, learn to wavedash.
Like, when squeek was comparing it to "snaking" in Mario Kart DS, I learned to
"snake" and used it to beat people who were already "snaking". So do that.
And if you're upset that people are exploiting the game, it's not a big freaking deal.
Really, it happens, people don't always play by the "rules", so deal with it.
Old 09-7-2007, 01:14 AM   #298
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasuke View Post
If it bothers you that people wavedash and can beat you, learn to wavedash.
Like, when squeek was comparing it to "snaking" in Mario Kart DS, I learned to
"snake" and used it to beat people who were already "snaking". So do that.
And if you're upset that people are exploiting the game, it's not a big freaking deal.
Really, it happens, people don't always play by the "rules", so deal with it.
That takes all the fun out of the game.

I can't believe you'd follow that mentality. It's such a stupid way of thinking.

"Well, I can't win unless I cheat / hack / exploit, so why not? Everyone else is doing it!"

Like I said. Now there are people who refuse to play MK DS because of people who snake.

All I'm saying is that if anyone wavedashes against me in a friendly match, I'll never speak to them again.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2007, 05:37 AM   #299
Rszkwski623
FFR Player

just because this is the only time ill be on today, ill post the update

My Music, Pokemon Stadium/Evolution, SSBB main Theme

type:Music

Summary: my music is a new option that lets you pick how often different songs play on a stage. this is because there is more than 1 song that plays on a stage. you get new songs by finding and picking up cd's in many different game modes.

The new pokemon song is apparently called "gym" by fans. It is on the starting menus for stadium mode in pokemon stadium 1 (thats the only place i remember it from.)

The main theme was also put on there. you all know what it is.

Rszkwski623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2007, 07:32 AM   #300
Shamo0
FFR Player

If wavedashing is done in Super Smash Brawl the same way it's done in Super Smash Bros. Melee and it's officially supported by Nintendo some people are going to get owned. I'm not saying I'm hoping it is, I'm just saying IF it is.

ALSO the stage Pokemon Stadium 2 and A new set of Mario Moves:
The previous game, Super Smash Bros. Melee, featured Pokémon Stadium, but it’s been upgraded for this game into Pokémon Stadium 2.

This time around, you’ll see guest Pokémon appearing in the background.

Ordinarily, it’s a fairly orthodox stage when nothing special is happening.

But as time passes, the terrain transforms into four different types:
"Electric," "Ground," "Flying," and "Ice."

When it transforms into Ice, things get extremely slippery!

A mountain of earth appears in the middle of the screen for the Ground stage!

On the Flying stage, everyone’s jump abilities get boosted!

For these four transformations, we’ve chosen types that were not present in Melee.

Terrain that changes suddenly makes fights excitingly unpredictable.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

<Down Special Move: F.L.U.D.D.>

It appears Mario has a new special move! It’s F.L.U.D.D.

He really is carrying F.L.U.D.D. on his back!

Tilt the Control Stick down and press the B Button to charge up...

Hose ‘em down! Blast those enemies away.

It does absolutely no damage—it’s just for sending opponents great distances. You can even charge it up while shielding. It’s best used in critical moments.

Huh? What happened to the down special move he’s had up until now—the Mario Tornado?

He still seems to have this move, though.
Eh? Is it a normal attack?!

------------------------------------------------------

Two very awesome updates. Heres what I thought up so far. On the Pokemon stage when the stage transforms into the flying arena, say you pick up the bunny ears item and then jump, could you possibly kill yourself by jumping to high? Second, MARIOS FLUDD LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE THE BEST EDGE GUARD IN THE GAME. lol And I wonder how does Mario still have the mario tornado if down b is the FLUDD gun now. It seems they introduced something new THis could mean everyone could have a nother set of special moves =o ALSO one last thing. EACH STAGE has four different tracks you can listen to and you can customize the chance of each one playing yourself.

Last edited by Shamo0; 09-7-2007 at 07:43 AM..