Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 05-17-2017, 03:04 PM   #1942
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: TWG CLXVII Game Thread How Was Awakening Reviewed

also is there any reason why tiloco shouldn't just out himself right now and tell us what he's done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 05-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #1943
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

these threads are so fucking long. i'm going to sleep i'll continue this when i wake up
Old 05-17-2017, 03:14 PM   #1944
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also is there any reason why tiloco shouldn't just out himself right now and tell us what he's done
"Claiming your role is something that should be carefully considered. There are mechanics in place that punish massclaiming. Claiming your character name is not advised."

op

Old 05-17-2017, 03:15 PM   #1945
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"Claiming your role is something that should be carefully considered. There are mechanics in place that punish massclaiming. Claiming your character name is not advised."

op
Dont you at least want a bit of info from Tiloco?
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-17-2017, 03:16 PM   #1946
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
Dont you at least want a bit of info from Tiloco?
I do. I'm not saying that he shouldn't claim, it's a response for dbp.

Old 05-17-2017, 03:24 PM   #1947
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post

I don't know how smart I am though.

I'm not that smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
and the hammering thing is more so because it was Xel, I would of waited till the last minute. I didn't feel he was scum though, so I know he won in his head that he fooled me, which is annoying. Lol
TBH Xel is a(n elf) dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
i'm going to reread last day and reassess everything because i was ass wrong with freezin and now i'm not so sure about tokzic or tiloco
Can we get a solid reads list when your done?

Quote:
Why go for a possible blue when a blue claimed?
If we have two killing forces in the game they may have assumed the other would take care of it to not double stack.

Which leads to the tinfoil of both thinking that and double-stacking on Freezin, which is lols

Then again I'll believe Bodyguard before I believe that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
yesterday i was getting shit for sticking to my d0 tunnels too hard, now this
TBH it's lack of progression not that they changed.

Quote:
It's a mystery game, I'd still consider the possibility.
Yeah this^

Quote:
I went through Xel posts and this seems the most relevant to use.

I feel Soundwave is a push away from partners.

Freezing being the only town read is muy importante I think. Might be why he died?
See, if wolves where admitting that they couldnt get Freezin scumread that points that, in the event that we have an SK, that the wolves went after Freezin and -not- the outed Blue.

Which is fucking stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
why would freezin being the only town read be important now
See above. I mean it's theorycraft but it's too intriguing not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloco217 View Post
@Lar I'm curious why you stopped evaluating the votes on Xel at Manti. What do you think about DBP and Tokzic going on it?
They're null (as far as this goes). I would have stopped at Manti but IIRC Manti was actually last to make that vote (and suspiciously late, too. Like, "I know my partner is gonna die so bus his ass" suspicious)
Add that with his very subpar vote EoD0 and it just makes me question it.

TBH as far as votes making people look favorably go only to the first two, maaaaaaybe three votes make someone look better. Past that, generally the person is town if there was a counterwagon on a confirmed Town but bussers can chime in. It really is a toss up and only worth noting to compare with other EoDs (Because if you keep voting wolves it doesnt matter how you are you are fucking town)

Quote:
how good do you think i am at this game :thinking:
Better then you pretend, worst then you believe.

Quote:
Honestly I don't think a ton can be gained from the Freezin nightkill, I've been thinking it over for a bit now, and I couldn't think of a scenario when any other town would be killed, unless Tiloco really is blue, or if some kind of guardian is in play (which again, I have my doubts about).
The Xel-->Freezin connection implying that the proper wolfteam killed him, vesus an SK, is interesting and really makes me question how experience the wolfteam is.

Past that, we can (And should) revisit that kill when we see if there are two kills next night phase. I wanna know for sure if someone was saved or if we just had a one-shot that first night

Quote:
Reasons for doubting Tiloco as blue: I'll doubt until I have reason to believe, and if he has some info to report back on or at least makes good use of it.

Reasons for doubting guardian: If it's a one-shot kind of guardian then that's fair, but honestly... I have trouble thinking of a better d0 guardian target than Roundbox, who wasn't saved. That's just my own take on it though, unless I'm missing someone else who might've been guarded d0.
Point 1 is good but I don't know if it's wise for him to say too much.

The Roundbox point is actually really good. I might have tried and saved Haku had I been the one with that power (as someone who was being townread, and as someone who annoys half the community, I've seen him get NK'd first a few times) but clearly that didn't happen either

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 05-17-2017, 03:26 PM   #1948
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:

op
TBF he doesnt have to give a name, and he's hardly what I consider massclaiming.

But I think I agree that he should be conservative

Old 05-17-2017, 03:27 PM   #1949
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

So I think I've decided that I am going to give you guys an explanation of my role that is as vague as possible.

I'm given a choice between 2 actions that I can do every night (I choose which one 24 hours before eod).

One of these powers gives guaranteed information but the info it gives is not particularly helpful.

The other has a chance of giving information but if it does it's very good.

I've used the latter ability both nights and gotten nothing from it. I am probably going to use the first ability tonight. That might have something to do with danceguy's post but I doubt it considering none of the other flips have had choices to make (aside from maybe john doe but that's very different).
Old 05-17-2017, 03:50 PM   #1950
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Gonna try and reset some of these reads to an extent.

5) Celirra
Cel is honestly starting to enter white noise territory for me, but he does make some good points now and again. I must confess that his insistence on the idea that guardian is a role is unlikely strikes me like he knows more then he is letting on. Like knowing the gimmick(s) of the game more, perhaps?

I had a pretty positive impression of him but that one thing is urg.

8) Xiz
Xiz has made a few great points but he's still not posting like himself. He's upping his volume which is good.

9) Tokzic
Being counter to a wolf is normally something that slants you town, but the idea that because it was a vanilla wolf and wolves wanted to save the important one has merit if for no other reason then the fact that Xel didn't countervote, as others have pointed out.

I think that he looks better all the same, but I also think the points made that got him wagon'd in the first place have merit. I voted for Tokzic at a point last EoD, afterall. I want to see what he brings today but if it's more two line post and little progression I won't defend him from being lynched.

10) tiloco217
Claims to be a blue, his survivor would be fishy in any other game but lol mystery. Personally there is no reason not to believe him at this point unless he keeps magically surviving. Since he outed, dropping hints for town while protecting his character/details would be nice and I agree with whoever said that he needed to do more to help town--because if he doesn't then I'm going to think he's a lying wolf taking advantage of a setup where no one can counterclaim.
I mean he didn't even give a vague role type you know?

11) DarkManticoreX2
Votes are fishy as fuck. Post seem solid but votes are garbo.
Then again he did lynch a wolf last EoD which is more then some of us can claim so I don't wanna be hard on him. It's our first game so I hate to make assumptions but my understanding is that old school players dont normally bus (Charu notwithstanding).
I just think we need to keep an eye on him.

12) blindreper1179
Your game has been garbage, man. That said, you seem to be taking this phase much more seriously. Rather that's a town who's trying to rethink his game or a wolf who knows he can't get away with the shtick anymore is yet to be seen. My money's on the later but you said that you'll be serious effort in this phase after IRL matters. I'll give you your time and gauge you again before EoD.

13) Wayward Vagabond
Needs to up the content. Is in the middle of reading the thread and if he follows that up with some thoughtful commentary that'll be enough for me (Remember, he's taking Raeko's slot.)

14) DaBackPack
DPB keeps coming back like his town self but he hasn't been bringing that fire his town self has. He did do maximum effort at EoD when he realized that he misremembered the time the phase ended, and that looks good. He also voted Xel, and while he did it late I think all things considered it probably keeps him at town. I wanna see more of DPB ripping the game up but he's still kind of off the table for me.

16) Soundwave-

Hasn't posted today. Actually, this was his last post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave- View Post
Don't. If you live, this doesn't look good on you.
I don't think he has contributed much to the game overall, but he did vote Xel so that looks good.

And wait that isn't everybody? Isn't InD still in the game? InD looks super fucking clear from the votes alone. He's off the table as far as I am concerned.

Old 05-17-2017, 03:55 PM   #1951
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Of fucking course Til makes a post that makes me look stupid as I'm writing mine lol

That's a very unique little power, but it seems exactly like the type of power that a mystery game would have.

Exceeeeeeept it conveniently lets you A) still not know anything that you can tell us and is the type of power that wolves can easily fake.

But considering the lack of a second kill, I believe you. This chances if one shot is confirmed btw so I'd like to see you go full rage detective mood on town's behalf. Please don't make me think you're being lazy.

Old 05-17-2017, 03:55 PM   #1952
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

Quote:
InD looks really good as he voted first. Freezin would be super clear from this so that's probably why he was targeted. Soundwave was not only being voted by scum but IIRC pulled Xel ahead. Manti is listed next but I could have sworn he was the last to vote Xel. I don't think this excuses Manti's weird EoD vote from before. If anyone is bussing here it is him.
I don't really think InD deserves that many town points here.

Generally speaking, without taking everything else into context, when a second wagon comes up kitb and tiebreaker get the most points and it goes down from there.

That makes me feel a decent bit better about you in particular.

InD and tokzic are no change from this imo, which is okay with me, I feel pretty okay about them. DBP, and especially Manti I would agree on: keep in mind as potentially woof. This vote looks mildly okay for them but right after the tiebreak is the easiest place to slip in a bus.

Quote:
what if this is just the wolf team
If you 50/50'd it with a team of 4 entirely different people I would bet on thsi team every time. That being said I don't like Xiz on there especially, he doesn't look like a super likely wolf to me right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloco217 View Post
So I think I've decided that I am going to give you guys an explanation of my role that is as vague as possible.

I'm given a choice between 2 actions that I can do every night (I choose which one 24 hours before eod).

One of these powers gives guaranteed information but the info it gives is not particularly helpful.

The other has a chance of giving information but if it does it's very good.

I've used the latter ability both nights and gotten nothing from it. I am probably going to use the first ability tonight. That might have something to do with danceguy's post but I doubt it considering none of the other flips have had choices to make (aside from maybe john doe but that's very different).
Might? I'd like to know whether or not you're sure on this.

There's also a non-zero chance that this is more than enough information to guess a name by if that's even a concern but I wouldn't know.
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-17-2017, 03:57 PM   #1953
Soundwave-
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Soundwave- hasn't posted today.
Just a friendly reminder, since it triggers me every time somebody points it out: Some people live lives.
Quote:
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-17-2017, 03:59 PM   #1954
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Naw, I doubt characters are that closely tied to their abilities

I don't play FE tho

Old 05-17-2017, 04:00 PM   #1955
Soundwave-
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Naw, I doubt characters are that closely tied to their abilities

I don't play FE tho
It's certainly possible, but I have no idea, since yeah, don't play FE either.
Quote:
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-17-2017, 04:01 PM   #1956
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Just a friendly reminder, since it triggers me every time somebody points it out: Some people live lives.
That's great and I am happy for you
When I post in the game I post about things in the game
In the game, you hadn't posted today so I get to point it out.
And if you disappear from here to literally climb Mt Everest to mine goat guts that cure cancer and save an European village from aids I will thank you for helping earth right after I call you out for not posting because in the game that's what matters and that's what I am going to post

So, fucking deal with it

Old 05-17-2017, 04:04 PM   #1957
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

...That got a little mean
Basically it's game related since you don't have as much content to look at while you are gone and I feel justified in bringing it up

Old 05-17-2017, 04:04 PM   #1958
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

Perks of being an unemployed dork like me is it gives me a fair chance to look things over several times and typically reply punctually of anything asked of me directly.

Wouldn't recommend it though, it's quite depressing.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-17-2017, 04:14 PM   #1959
Soundwave-
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Wouldn't recommend it though, it's quite depressing.
I don't need to be unemployed to be depressed.

Wait I am unemployed.

Fuck.

Quote:
...That got a little mean
Basically it's game related since you don't have as much content to look at while you are gone and I feel justified in bringing it up
That's fair. Won't make me magically post things while I'm gone tho.
Quote:
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-17-2017, 04:15 PM   #1960
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
That's fair. Won't make me magically post things while I'm gone tho.
Fair 'nuff

You have a reads list you'd like to share?

Closed Thread