Old 05-18-2017, 06:22 PM   #2121
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: TWG CLXVII Game Thread How Was Awakening Reviewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave- View Post
I say I feel pretty okay about tokzic only because I iso'd him for eod and found that basically his entire play looked like noise to me. Not amazing and certainly not earning of town trust but definitely made him look like a stupid vote.
Am I the only one who is confused by this? I think I get what you are saying but I want you to say this a different way, as in who on the tokzic vote made the tokzic vote look stupid, or something like that because this feels neutral enough position yourself well as a wolf.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:27 PM   #2122
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
BUT I've been trying to pressure Manti all fucking game and he just doesn't put forth any effort. If Blind is at least pretending to do shit and Manti isn't what excuse do I have to vote Blind over Manti if I suspect them both?
Do you consider Manti's entire conversation between tiloco no effort?

Old 05-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #2123
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
@ lar

Did you miss the last 2 pages where I gave tiloco my thoughts on Xiz and InD my thoughts about Tiloco's claim?
oops ninja'd

Old 05-18-2017, 06:29 PM   #2124
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

colorz (flips only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
votecount:
lightknight (4)- inDheart, Lar, Celirra, Manti
Lar (1)- blind
soundwave (1)- Xel
Freezin (1)- Xiz
DBP (2)- Tokzic, lightknight
Xel (2)- tiloco, DBP
tiloco (3)- roundbox, Haku, Freezin
inDheart (1)- Soundwave
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
votecount:
soundwave (1)- Xel
Xiz (1)- tiloco
tokzic (4)- Cel, WV, blind, Xiz
Xel (7)- inDheart, Freezin, Lar, Soundwave, Manti, DBP, Tokzic
we know mml can bus but i doubt the bus comes to town that early

tiloco was off wagon because i believe he missed eod and xiz was viable enough at the time

cel and blind were the two people i have been sketched out by because i asked for their votes on xel and did not get them
Old 05-18-2017, 06:30 PM   #2125
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
@xiz did you ever answer this?
I'm pretty sure I did but I can't remember. It was along the lines of understanding where you are coming from, and me believing that you believe what you are saying even though I personally (at that time) disagreed with your reads.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:32 PM   #2126
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

Quote:
@sound i think it's in your best interest to start from the bottom of your reads and work up, just in case we run out of time

e.g. reread manti and dbp before you go for mml again since i have you down as a town lean on him already
Already shin deep in MML. The like across the board town lean is a bit lmao and somewhat misleading but whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Am I the only one who is confused by this? I think I get what you are saying but I want you to say this a different way, as in who on the tokzic vote made the tokzic vote look stupid, or something like that because this feels neutral enough position yourself well as a wolf.
Dunno the progressions of the people on the tokzic vote enough to really call anybody out on it but like my thought process was like iso tokzic, see its all null af bullshit, wondering why we have other candidates but are still considering lynching him, move on with my life.
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-18-2017, 06:33 PM   #2127
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Quote:
can you talk to me about your vote progression yesterday? i remember you voted for cel first who wasn't close to a viable wagon; how do you feel about cel today?
Yeah, the tokzic wagon was falling down and the xelnya wagon was building. Everyone was agreeing that xelnya was scummy enough to lynch, and nobody really defended him at all. It was that which psyched me out and made me believe that we were on the wrong wagon, but I couldn't articulate who due to the amount of time left. Cel was a person who was posting a good amount but nothing of high substance. At this time I was thinking that his kinda backseat approach to the end of the day made me suspect him and want a wagon on him, but due to it being only a few minutes left in the day I realized it was a bad idea because if people would have listened to me it would have caused a scramble, and a potential mislynch considering xel was mafia.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:34 PM   #2128
Soundwave-
FFR Veteran

But yeah, a different order is potentially in order, especially since there's a non-zero chance I don't make it through full isos prior to eod. I'm more concerned about blind vs manti rn though because I feel that's sort of the decision that this is going to come down to today, if things keep going as they are.
Quote:
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-18-2017, 06:37 PM   #2129
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

As I mentioned, this will be in a 0-100% scale; 100% meaning I'm guaranteed to vote them TONIGHT, 0% means I'm definitely not voting them TONIGHT, and anything in between is more priority as I see the odds fit. This isn't their % chance to be a wolf necessarily; that said, I wouldn't put someone I believe to be wolf in a lower percentile than someone I know to be town or something. There's factors such as what to gain from flips and such as well. I'll colour code based on thoughts if I don't forget when transfering from sublime text to forum. If not, remind me and I'll give a quick run down on explicit tl;dr leanings. I basically iso'd everyone for their respective parts, and picked up what I thought was relevant and moreorless reinforced feelings rather than direct quotes since this is 2017 after all.

I'm not 100% on anyone as wolf otherwise there'd be a red
WOLF LEANING
NULL LEANING WOLF
NULL LEANING TOWN
TOWN LEANING
TOWN

In order of listed in OP:

1) inDheart

To preface this, I've always had a kind of... weird feeling about InD this whole game. I called it out d0, but it was largely brushed off as nothing (understandably!). But, he still gives me some doubt for a reason I can't exactly pinpoint. A lot of what he's doing feels more like setup for others than his own independence in actions. A recent example, though not terribly incriminating and pointed out my own accidental vagueness, is the cute spreadsheet saying everyone's leanings (#2068), in which even there he was fairly non-committal on many people. I recall a lot of complaining about people idly not saying a lot d0, while not saying a ton himself, though he got more involved once others did.

On to less feely stuff, my doubt started getting a bit clearer going over and seeing #608 reads list; it felt fairly genuine it seems, and was well considered. I do think he was one of few people who particularly pointed out Haku as being "useful", which is interesting, but I think if anything that just contributed to haku dying? Same deal with Roundbox, he really exaggerated how much he contributed. Seems he's trying to really reward people for being good little townies (this was post-roundbox death though, I'm more just getting his personality in check).

Back to the theme of him largely just presenting info, things such as #1531 is kind of pecuilar and I think I'm just not smart enough to pick out what point he was going for, if any.

He was about early-mid on the Xel wagon, so not early enough for full credit and could've jumped on to add steam to the choo choo train there, to give him a bit of credit. But, I'm leaning to genuine.

It's hard for me to find a lot that he's really... done lately I guess.

for what its worth though I'm glad InD is replying to me a lot, it makes me feel like I'm special; I think we should get married.

I'm gonna put InD under the category of "I'm gonna come back to this one", but he's mostly okay for now. 38%

2) MixMasterLar

You really don't like Blind it seems. I don't know if it's an act or not; if it's an act chances are it's W/W, if it's not an act, chances are it's T/T or T/W (less likely (I know I just went over all the possible options, sue me, whatever)).

I think his aggression to Xel early on is a bit of a good sign, and his aggression with Blind is a bit... uh, we'll see.

I'm gonna seem lazy for saying this.. But I just can't help but consider MML as town. He seems so... genuine as a whole, too much so to be wolf. Seems legitimately frustrated at people not playing a ton, being consistent with his thoughts. He's not skimping and is being very forthcoming with anything really. I looked through all he said and nothing much came off as terribly bad. I'd put him town, unless his charade with Blind proves to be false in which case they're both wolves, and I'm glad that they're friends.

6%

3) Celirra

I'm pretty cute, right~

4) Xiz

I don't understand the wagons for you. Similar with MML, you come off as genuine, maybe not to as high a degree, and I'd sooner vote you than MML probably, but it just seems a bit suspect that you're getting so much flak. I like how we have a similar thought on #1886, I think your observation of me in the latest EoD was interesting and townlike (voting me maybe a bit odd, but I do see the reasoning behind it). #1813 is another interesting point, and I think he is onto something with it; I hope I get a chance to look into it before EoD this phase (if someone can provide a claim that it was not the following then my stance on this matter will do a 180: it wasn't that the Xel vote seemed like wolves gunning for a town mislynch, it felt more like a vote to guarantee security on another wolf who was more firmly rooted).

I'm going to sound concieted saying this, but in a way I feel like you're flipflopping on me a fair bit, unless I'm misunderstanding some things (eg. #1792), but I don't think it's 180 enough to be very wolfy.

I recall him forgetting OP once as if he maybe didn't care enough to read the potential setups, which might be part of whats giving people a bad feeling of him potentially being wolf, implying he knows the setup so he doesn't need to be worried? But I doubt that's it.

14%

5) Tokzic

That big list of reads is weird, and seemed like an out, but in some ways I think your play almost fits in a case of "it's so wolfy that it's not wolfy" in that regard, as well as your general tone. The "slip" noticed by dbp yesterday from you being proven 100% false almost acts like a reverse slip; I think we should go back to tokzic at some point but for now he's ok in my books. I wouldn't put you hard town, but you definitely shouldn't be voted. Not much for you, I think a lot of it is intuitive.

10%

6) tiloco217

The horse doesn't even have blood left to beat out of it anymore.

0%, I've explained why already.

7) DarkManticoreX2

So I explained a theory regarding you potentially being the puppetmaster behind people going along with the flow or wanting excitement, doing things like making Tiloco seem wolfy etc with nightkills, and I can see it potentially having credence, in a case of there not being a whole lot better.

In a lot of ways, your tone in general comes off as a "big man on campus helping the youngins pick up his torch", and that furthers the notion that you could be leading the charge of submissive or fun-seeking wolves.

Something that set off a serious case of the frowny faces to you was #1458 to #1526; that shift is *weird* to me. I regret not bringing attention to it sooner; I'm not sure if anyone else had, sorry if so.

You're my top desire to flip right now I think.

68%

8) blindreper1179

A bit out of order, but I don't think #1821 would be written by a wolf. MAYBE IT WOULD BE AND I'M JUST GIVING HIM TOO MUCH CREDIT, but I really don't think it's wolfy. His next post was #1892 interestingly though, so what *might* have happened in one situation is he said something, screwed up, then hush hushed for a while until it was all over then repent.

#98 kind of left a bit of an impression that you're very aggressive by default this game, and it's seeming like a common thing. If anyone knows whether blind is usually more aggressive as Wolf or Town, whichever is the case, that's probably what he is.

While it could go either way, I almost wouldn't mind flipping you just to cut down on the commotion in the campgrounds. You're null to me, and quite frankly I don't even see much that you're bringing to the table to help town win.

55%

9) Wayward Vagabond

As I've covered already, I feel like a town you would be trying harder. I think you have the capability even though it IS your first game, and you got really defensive when I asked you about it without really intending to work on it, which comes off as a bit wolfy too. I don't think you should get the 1 2 bootaloo today, but I've got eyes for you sunny.

I also think you wouldn't step up to challenge the manti seniorship rule, as I've mentioned earlier in thread, which helps that theory.

47%

10) DaBackPack

I don't think a wolf would have picked up what you did on Tokzic in regards to a potential slip; you're pretty observant. I think DBP is just disinterested, in that his contributions are only EoD. I don't think he's doing it to avoid suspicion, I think he's just busy (still with Eva and such right? Tell her I said hi if so!) and can't offer as much as he'd like.

That said, I think MML and Xiz are contributing more, and Tokzic potentially could too I think and has shown signs to.

The wagons that were for you are a bit weird in my mind.

19%

11) Soundwave-

Everything you've done points to wolfy, but flipping you wouldn't really do anything. I'd rather save this vote for when there's nobody else who comes off as wolf. You're kind of like DBP except you haven't given us that big *wow* factor of actually trying.

One thing I'll say though, is your comment of being unable to summarize what people have said this game is similar to my problem, so you might just be having a hard time as I largely am; everyone's walking on eggshells due to the SPOOKY MYSTERY GAME I think.

Still leaning you wolf though lol, but you've made me laugh a few times this game with your quips so there's that going for you!

50%

POST-EDIT: I got a bit lazy to the end I realized, I did go over everything but I think I focused a bit much on some people relative to others; if you want me to focus more on anything let me know ya
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-18-2017, 06:38 PM   #2130
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
So can someone who is on the wagon actually make a hard explination why dbp is a good lynch

We get like nothing out of it and hes not stupid scummy either?
i'd like opinions on this post from people who haven't weighed in on it

it could be bad for dbp, and this is prior to xel being a wagon, so seems relatively candid
Old 05-18-2017, 06:38 PM   #2131
Celirra
FFR Player

ok I'm gonna go drink a couple beers and read back up from where my last post was, dont miss me too much!!!
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-18-2017, 06:47 PM   #2132
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

what cel gets down to in his post after i ask him to vote xel is he has bigger scum reads by then and he doesn't like that i'm on the wagon all that much

which means his reads by then have to be something like

everyone
xel
me
sound
tokzic/tiloco

blind said something like "i don't like it, but i see why you're doing it" and xel was not among his scum reads when he posted reads, but blind was also reading me town which was why i was trying to appeal to him on this
Old 05-18-2017, 06:48 PM   #2133
Soundwave-
FFR Veteran

Fuck I got to go. Dumping my MML notes here, don't think anything interesting has happened recently to move him from a town lean which is where I'd put him. Progression is abrasive but very organic. Only thing that I don't like is some of his reasoning. Don't think it's wolfy so much as the playstyle doesn't mesh with my understanding of how the game should be played.

Code:
Throws some early punches at Xel (310)
Also iso and skipping posts that are bs works wonder on erasing bad tone reads
(326) is boring, but he tried so... :ok_hand:?
Gets triggered by Haku. It's pretty hard not to believe this is organic even though I'm pretty sure reading Haku is like, easier than reading Haku posts.
-- Freezin immediately points this out as a wolf strat which I don't really believe just from progression. A high-tier wolf play from Lar involves killing Haku to clear this but meh.
(542) Like the open take on blind/Haku
Does not appreciate my fortune cookie rp, I work very hard on that content v-v
Pressuring Light, I'd argue pretty instrumental to his lynch. That being said, seems organic, and imo Light was asking for it... again
Pretty mad at blind, reflects reasonably (893)
MML, the real OG Xel voter. (1033)
This interaction with tokzic seems organic but severely mislead. When I iso'd tokzic the story seemed far more straightforward (namely, tokzic hasn't got a read in the first place kek) (1394)
Definitely liking the MML caught onto this feeling (1539)
Quote:
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-18-2017, 06:50 PM   #2134
Celirra
FFR Player

Apologies to InD, I'm having a bit hard of a time following your critique for me; I'd love to clear the air if you can be a bit more direct with your concerns
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-18-2017, 07:06 PM   #2135
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

I am a big fan of Cel's reads list.

Everyone is human or null except me and soundwave.

Which is interesting because I'm the common demoninator between Cel's list and soundwave's list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:07 PM   #2136
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Thoughts on Cel's reads list from people would be nice. I have some things I want to say but I'd rather hear other opinions first.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:07 PM   #2137
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

ninja'd
Old 05-18-2017, 07:44 PM   #2138
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
Apologies to InD, I'm having a bit hard of a time following your critique for me; I'd love to clear the air if you can be a bit more direct with your concerns
in 2132? i didn't really mean that as a critique, just trying to figure out what you were thinking around yesterday when i asked you about voting xel (i think it was like 2 hours before deadline by that point)
Old 05-18-2017, 07:58 PM   #2139
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
I am a big fan of Cel's reads list.

Everyone is human or null except me and soundwave.

Which is interesting because I'm the common demoninator between Cel's list and soundwave's list.

And I like how I'm null, sound is woof, yet I'm a higher lynch candidate?....
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 05-18-2017, 08:01 PM   #2140
Celirra
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
And I like how I'm null, sound is woof, yet I'm a higher lynch candidate?....
Explained the case for that; soundwave lynch doesn't do much in my mind except knock off a wolf; there's a decent enough chance a lynch of you would reveal info; if you flip wolf that's swell, and if you flip town well gee whiz, that sucks, but it'd reveal info too likely; much moreso than Soundwave lynch. Short-term vs long term
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Closed Thread