Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2009, 04:28 PM   #901
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf
Default Re: 2moons

Rofl I wont stop, ever >=D
Old 02-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #902
KilikOdagawa
Zombie Dancer
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to KilikOdagawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWolf View Post
Doubt it. Theres not much they can do. It's a free to play game.
GameHi is the one who makes the files, Acclaim is the only person paying for the use of those files. Private Servers, without proper permission, are essentially stealing property. If you had been in a chat with GameHi and Acclaim a few weeks ago, you'd know that.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #903
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Private servers will never end.... Anyone knows that..... GameHi can't rid of every server on the internet, it's impossible, just like when the government tried to get people to stop downloading music, did that work? no. It failed. People pirate movies, video games, TV shows, etc. It's just the way it is.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:03 PM   #904
Flandre Scarlet
Death
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Flandre Scarlet

I don't see private servers as bad, only part is the obvious no-ownership of the game files and client. Private servers come out of other people's money, donations and/or the host's/hosts' money, for use by less than the huge audience the original servers target.

Only some of the MMORPG community likes the long, tough grinding of these games, and the others like to level quicker. Private servers aren't running to make revenue for the host, if one is, that's not good. =/

The servers are just hosted to give a better experience to those who desire to play the game, but want a life also =P

My two cents lol :<
Old 02-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #905
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

The popularity of this Pserver is only indicative of the failure of the original and how it doesn't cater to anyone other than hardcore gamers. You can go on all you want about how it's illegal, but no, you're never going to be able to hunt down all of the private servers that exist.

As long as the original continues to suck, people will make private servers. Maybe companies should take the hint and stop ruining good games with absurdities like the experience curve in this game, among numerous other things. The reason people are flocking away from the original and to the private servers is because they deliver something the original lacks. It's pretty ****ing simple; I've never seen an industry like the MMO one take so poorly to user feedback and continue to produce stupid material in their games again and again.

Either way, they make a lot of money off these games, at least if they're anything like Nexon. So, **** them, **** their lawsuit, **** their greedy piggy banks and microcephalism. Enjoy the pserver.

Last edited by Reach; 02-28-2009 at 08:20 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:11 PM   #906
KilikOdagawa
Zombie Dancer
FFR Veteran

Also, people are misfiring the blame. Not Acclaim's fault. GameHi doesn't give the updates. PServers "steal" the files from somewhere.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:44 PM   #907
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

The original MapleStory private server has been pretty ****ed. http://www.odinms.de/ It's for the Global (aka North American) version, and these guys were based in the Netherlands. So they even went so far to get them there. Not to mention they sent many letters thereafter to countless other servers.

Basically if you want a private server, you're going to have to keep it private so they won't know about it. So invites via PMs, IMs, etc... keep it underground.
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2009, 02:52 AM   #908
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilikOdagawa View Post
Also, people are misfiring the blame. Not Acclaim's fault. GameHi doesn't give the updates. PServers "steal" the files from somewhere.
No, it IS acclaim's fault. If they had actually worked like they WANTED people to stay on their server, they would have action 5 by now, if not action 6. They also would have permanently removed caligo rings from the server. They have the right to do it, and they're allowed, but they don't. Know why? Acclaim wants your money, NOTHING else. If you want a good example of what 2moons will become, look at bots.

I have a feeling that dekaron-extreme will be shut down due to the large amount of revenue they're pulling in and huge playerbase, but I honestly could care less about that. Once I found out that they put in +9 145 weapons in the cash shop for $30 each, I almost threw up my hands to leave then and there. Why do the owners of there servers do these idiotic things that give an immense advantage to the p2p players? Chances are, not ONE of the people who makes the big decisions has ever played the game for more than an hour as a player and as a result, has no CLUE what the players care about. I know I can't speak for everyone, but I don't buy ****ty games. I don't feel like wasting MY hard-earned money on a game that sucks, whether it be a FPS, RPG, RTS, rhythym game, or any other type of game. Why should f2p games be any different? I bought a $20 acclaim card about a month-and-a-half before I quit because I was still not high-enough level to see all of the stupidity that was going on in the game. I also thought of it as, "If I bought this game like a FPS, I would've paid 30-50 bucks for this, I can at least spend 20 on it." but now I realize that the only good that came from 2moons was the people I met on there. **** gameplay. When the only chance you have of getting a level per day (on a school day) is if you get home from school and grind until bed, and you're not even HIGH-LEVEL yet, you know something's ****ed up with the game. About the SECOND reason why I absolutely love this new server we're on (first being 99% caught up to dekaron KR) is the fact the people who run it, PLAYED 2moons. But they not only played it, but they got to a HIGH-LEVEL in it.They experienced 99% of the game (compared with the 1% acclaim has experienced). I know I'm going everywhere in this paragraph but I remember before quitting seeing an old friend (an EX-vgm) and I asked her if she was still a vgm and she said that she was kicked off the vgm team because she kept bugging the gms and mods to make changes in the game that would help the game tremendously. All that tells me is that acclaim hires vgms to "look for hackers"(although they either don't, or suck ass at it), and "gather the opinions of the players" (which I now know is complete bull****). I'm genuinely surprised you didn't take getting hacked as a way to quit 2moons and move to a private server.

Also, pservers don't "steal" files. You want the act 6 files from dekaron kr? I can get them to you in less than two hours. Why? Because you download them from the official website and unpack them so you can mod them. Once they have obtained the files, they mod the server to they way THEY imagine the game SHOULD be like. Then they market their modded version as dekaronX (X being a variable) which is basically advertising the original game. If someone doesn't like how they run the server, they can change servers until they find one that suits them, be it the main one or another pserver. The very fact that some pservers are so popular shows how much the main game is flawed.

Now for some personal opinion:

Private servers are great because you get to experience things that normal people can NEVER experience in the main server because they don't have enough time to access that end-game material. Even if you're against private servers, it is a good idea to check one out before a main server so you can get an idea of the class you like the most and what type of fighting suits you.

Furthermore, private servers are constantly battling for playerbase, so they have no choice but to listen to what the players say and take it as constructive criticism. But once again, if you really don't like how one is run, you can always try another one until you find the server that's right for you.

I don't know how well you know me, but when I'm introduced to a multiplayer game, I try it, and if I get hooked, I will grind and grind and grind and grind for weeks on end without getting at all tired of the game, as long as I still get that player-player interaction. The moment I lose that, it goes downhill. That doesn't mean I hate solo-grinding, I just like to have vent running, or guild chat going so that I don't have to think about the repetetive tasks I'm completing. Even after I'm the ONLY person I know left playing the game, I still play for another two-3 weeks trying to find some other kind of interaction with people that isn't just random partying. I don't find it, I end up quitting, no matter how good the game seems to be. (This doesn't apply to single-player games) 2moons is the first game I GAVE up interaction on it to go do something else. EVERY other time I left a game was because no one else was playing it and they had all moved on to something else, (I think Tayfun can relate to me most (out of the people on vent) on this point, I think) and I follow them and really get into it, when everyone gets bored and moves onto a new game.

tl;dr (for you bastards who skipped that): Dekaron is an amazing game. Amazing. I played WoW and this is just as good. The execution of it by acclaim, however, was terrible. This happens to many good games, and thus, people make pservers because they love the game and want to keep playing, but in better circumstances.

I'll make a cool vid later today, or monday, that shows the act 6 bagi in action.

EDIT: pageraepe
EDIT2: you can't use tab to indent D:

Last edited by meno_rocks123; 03-1-2009 at 02:55 AM..
meno_rocks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2009, 12:59 PM   #909
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Kilik, stop posting. You get bashed every time you do, because you always post something that is wrong.
Old 03-1-2009, 02:07 PM   #910
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Where did you find that?

I hope it's wrong, since the probabilities are pretty bad =/

I mean, consider going from 0 to +6. The probability is 7.8%. That's really, really bad - 12-13 fails per +6? It also seems inaccurate; as hard as getting +6s can be sometimes, it happens a lot more than that.

It just gets worse; 2.7% chance of forging a +7 from a +0? Jesus I hope not, that's a lot of broken weapons D:

+ it means there's only a 0.1% chance of forging a +9, which is depressing XD
Yeah, that sounds about right. To get my first +7, it took me ~130 coppers, 80 silvers, 6 golds, and 6 weapons.
But then when someone used tallys for me, it went from 7 to 9.
Old 03-1-2009, 02:10 PM   #911
Flandre Scarlet
Death
FFR Veteran

The rates feel worse for me =/

I can't get past a +4 lol ;_; It actually failed on +2 like 5 times -_-
Old 03-1-2009, 03:00 PM   #912
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Old 03-1-2009, 03:27 PM   #913
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

I just decided to download this game to try it out, I'm a magician(I think that's what it's called) and I play on that server with the T lol.

I hit level 5
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2009, 03:35 PM   #914
Flandre Scarlet
Death
FFR Veteran

Almost lvl 150 on Hinata >_> Glad I have high heal, otherwise these would kill me even faster D: Would have been 150 but the AK I partied with dc'd in the middle of this huge mob :/

Last edited by Flandre Scarlet; 03-1-2009 at 03:38 PM..
Flandre Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2009, 03:55 PM   #915
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I have the winning Screen shots for the Act 6 server.

These are pics of my AK

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Using the 2 145 Axes

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Using Violence Frick (Level 135 Skill, Act 6)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Using SoulBlade (Level 133 Skill, Act 6)
Old 03-1-2009, 04:29 PM   #916
Flandre Scarlet
Death
FFR Veteran

What's the new stuff for Seg in Act 6? :P
Old 03-1-2009, 04:40 PM   #917
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Soon, I just made that AK yesterday xD
Old 03-1-2009, 07:14 PM   #918
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho View Post
I just decided to download this game to try it out, I'm a magician(I think that's what it's called) and I play on that server with the T lol.

I hit level 5
Play on the PS: http://www.dekaron-extreme.com/
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2009, 08:40 AM   #919
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Agreed. 2moons is too slow.
Old 03-3-2009, 09:57 PM   #920
KilikOdagawa
Zombie Dancer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWolf View Post
Kilik, stop posting. You get bashed every time you do, because you always post something that is wrong.
I don't come here to make your ass happy Wolf. The reason I still play the real server, the reason people like me as I am, the reason that I HAVE HELD MORT UP, is because I don't aim to please people like you. If you don't like it, block me so you don't have to see my posts.

And meno, thanks for FIRMLY backing up your opinion without calling me a genuine idiot. I wish more people would do that. The reason I did not quit, is because it gave me a reason to keep playing. Dammit I want my T3 gloves back. I've also met people who enjoy being around me, there would be some that would have stopped playing completely a long time ago. Summedlemmin, tontontheonionking, and every member of Mort is there for me because I didn't give up on them. Who would I be if I changed that now?