Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #301
intensez
FFR Player

Default Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
oh SHIT.

now my dick is diamonds.
whos stoneknuckles D:
intensez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #302
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensez View Post
whos stoneknuckles D:
zagh

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #303
cedolad
moonchild~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Ugh...I wanna step shit for this pack so bad but I have to wait for my laptop T_T

I have so many metal tunes that I've always wanted to make charts for.

Hmm.. I wonder if anyone would collab with me for a Rush tune
Quote:
Originally Posted by baq12 View Post
O.o Yes.
Three way collab?.... o.o
Old 03-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #304
dascookieman
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneMcKnuckle View Post
Got summoned by the glove and redownloaded Stepmania. Might submit something, but I'm too shit to QC my own files nowadays so don't expect any miracles.
fucking YEYESYESYES

Quote:
Well.. you ARE the leader of this pack so me thinks you should get a judge panel to help you?
i did that with odipack1 and kbmp1.5 and i always ended up having to double-check everything in the end anyway, so it was just as much work as not having judges. i do things a bit differently than for example rebirth/gamepro who ran the red fraction pack and didn't even play the files himself, he just let us judges do everything :P. i think it's also easier with one person judging because i know exactly what i'm looking for, otherwise one type of file can be accepted by one judge and rejected by another etc.

everything reviewed once again

Bit howl

haaard! it was pretty cool but it seemed very random at times, obviously the song is very random so no matter what steps you put it's going to be a bit difficult to follow. i think it's going to be more fun when it's more accurately stepped with all the jumps being in the right spots for example

measure 32 too hard minijack-pattern for the right hand
measure 55 these minijacks are wrong somehow, i think they start one 16th earlier. also 1 16th too much halfway through
measure 59 maybe add another arrow to the last freeze
measure 61 i don't think the last 16th is there
measure 62 one missing 16th after the second left+down-jump, and the two last 16th in the measure aren't there. i also don't think the last 4th should be a jump, the 8th should instead
measure 63 the first 16th isn't there and i think the beginning 4th should be a jump. the 4th jump halfway through should be a single
measure 64 the 16th right before halfway through the measure isn't there, the 8th there should also be a jump. the second 4th jump should be a single

won't keep going with this for this one, it seemed well-made in the beginning but then it's really inconsistent to me and it doesn't seem like you guys have really thoroughly went through this yourselves. take a major look at it and resubmit it, because it's challenging in a way that i don't have any other files in the pack that are yet so i would very much like to see it accepted

Black

i like jumpstream but something else needs to happen in this file, it's too simple. it also had some layer inconsistencies in the beginning i think

Legend of steel

it's far too easy and uneventful. the little melody with the 16ths is cool but the verses are inaccurately stepped and the chorus needs to have the bass drum stepped for jumpstream so that at least something happens. the files in this pack are a looot harder than this and all have at least one part that is pretty unique. i understand this is one of your first simfiles, but it's not for this pack at all.

Shyu guys toy box

made me smile . it's actually fun and probably not inaccurate but it just doesn't have enough content so to speak and it obviously just repeats the same thing twice, and is still a really short file. it's not at all on the same level as the files that have been accepted in this pack

Toki

once again the ending is magical, i just wish the beginning was more challenging because right now it's one of those files that you play the first half of it just to get to play the second half. oni is definitely a lot more fun than heavy, when looking at in the editor i still have trouble understanding what is going though, i started making a chart myself for the beginning but it's a hard song to accurately decipher. add me on skype "dascookieman" we will have to discuss it tomorrow.

CirnoRHTL

great job, hard but consistently challenging. though i definitely need you to lose most of the mines except for the easy ones, this file does not need mines to become harder, it's cool when they are used as obvious tricks but sometimes they are just unnecessary and makes you not wanna try and go for a score on the file. also when it's this high bpm those 16th pattern with lots of jumps can get annoying quickly but it's perfect that the song is so short. i liked it, it will be accepted after revision

measure 6, there's something on the 8th before the jump
measure 10, couple of 16ths missing in the middle of the measure
measure 12 missing 16ths in the beginning and middle of the measure
measure 13, there's 16ths between the jumps
measure 14&15 missing 16ths in the beginning and middle of the measure, and in the beginning of measure 16. but perhaps you have abandoned this sound after measure 13?
measure 18, you could have a single between the jumps in the 120bpm-part.
measure 18&19 missing 16ths after the slowdown
measure 20 16th between the jumps in the middle and end
measure 21 missing 16ths where there is a freeze
measure 41-57 it seems a bit random why there are sometimes single 8ths and sometimes not, to me that hi-hat plays all the time (except perhaps for in the weird break-parts)
measure 52 missing drum in the end
measure 61-65 the single 8ths seem random once again
measure 63, missing 16ths in the end
measure 69 sound like the freezes should be descending 12ths (but not freezes imo), it will be supercool
measure 74-76 all the jumps here can actually have a little gallop leading into them, but it might become stupid
measure 77-85 i would like to see that electric piano stepped here but if you're fine with just going percussion here it's accurate i think
measure 96&97 these freezes change pitch weirdly, you can do however you like about it.

Last edited by dascookieman; 03-19-2013 at 04:24 PM..
dascookieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #305
t-rogdor
tane orb

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
measure 61 i don't think the last 16th is there
that last 16th actually goes to the synth (if we're talking about the same one heh)

nevertheless yeah I think the file could use some cleanup to make it more consistent. Thanks for the tips
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #306
xVaLoRx
MYFUCKINGSOUND
FFR Veteran

Quote:
CirnoRHTL

great job, hard but consistently challenging. though i definitely need you to lose most of the mines except for the easy ones, this file does not need mines to become harder, it's cool when they are used as obvious tricks but sometimes they are just unnecessary and makes you not wanna try and go for a score on the file. also when it's this high bpm those 16th pattern with lots of jumps can get annoying quickly but it's perfect that the song is so short. i liked it, it will be accepted after revision
awesome . i removed most of the mines and left the ones that I felt aren't too intrusive

Quote:
measure 18, you could have a single between the jumps in the 120bpm-part.
do you mean a 32nd in between? or I should change one of the jumps to be a single?

Quote:
measure 41-57 it seems a bit random why there are sometimes single 8ths and sometimes not, to me that hi-hat plays all the time (except perhaps for in the weird break-parts)

measure 61-65 the single 8ths seem random once again
the 8ths were accenting the vocals, but if people are going to interpret them like this, i will add them to the hi-hat.
Quote:
measure 69 sound like the freezes should be descending 12ths (but not freezes imo), it will be supercool

measure 74-76 all the jumps here can actually have a little gallop leading into them, but it might become stupid
added, both work very nicely
Quote:
measure 77-85 i would like to see that electric piano stepped here but if you're fine with just going percussion here it's accurate i think
I think I will keep this going to percussion because I tried stepping to the piano, but it wasnt very interesting. also the patterns I have are really fun at this bpm imo haha
Quote:
measure 96&97 these freezes change pitch weirdly, you can do however you like about it.
I'll keep this the same with the exception of a pr error in the last freeze

Last edited by xVaLoRx; 03-19-2013 at 06:12 PM..
xVaLoRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #307
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
howling
accepted, awesome as hell. i added the 16th in measure 2 myself since i thought it was very obvious, you must just have looked in the wrong place. is this ok?
Please don't add that. I think you're probably just listening to the song at a very slow music rate, which will inevitably split existing sounds into what may seem like multiple sounds. At least, that's what I believe after slowing down the song rate myself and trying to hear what you're hearing at that spot.

Thanks for asking though.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #308
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

Gonna fix my files tonight and send them in. Waiting for hertzdevil to finish ultrasounds sequel.

Zaghurim if you need qc hit me up on msn

sent fixes. orbital I made a little harder but really there isn't much else you can do.

apocynthion drive I filled a few parts and fixed up the solo. I followed the famitracker file so don't you even dare tell me something's wrong in that section I will rip your balls out and shove them down your throat

Last edited by kommisar; 03-19-2013 at 10:11 PM..
kommisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #309
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
EOS

measure 12 missing last 8th
measure 53 still missing vocal 8ths
got em

Quote:
measure 16 missing notes to accompany the 16ths

let me know what you mean before i send in the final revision
Attached Images
File Type: png 16ths.png (13.9 KB, 0 views)
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #310
FFR4EVA_00
FFR Player

Quote:
Accepted files so far (fully revised and finished):
Howling (bmah)
the only graphics that can possibly be used for this file:

Old 03-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #311
bmah
shots FIRED

Yeah I tried looking for a clean video but I couldn't find any. If someone has a video for Howling, let me know.

asdfgfcbnfgvedc
Old 03-20-2013, 02:02 AM   #312
dascookieman
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Please don't add that. I think you're probably just listening to the song at a very slow music rate, which will inevitably split existing sounds into what may seem like multiple sounds. At least, that's what I believe after slowing down the song rate myself and trying to hear what you're hearing at that spot.

Thanks for asking though.
no it's the lead vocals, singing in the same pattern as it does throughout that entire section but of course i will change it back and it is of course very insignificant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
let me know what you mean before i send in the final revision
i remember there being 2 lone yellow arrows that sounded like there should be an arrow between them and perhaps one before or after them as well, i remember it just seeming a bit odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVaLoRx View Post
do you mean a 32nd in between?
yes :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVaLoRx View Post
the 8ths were accenting the vocals, but if people are going to interpret them like this, i will add them to the hi-hat.
ok, it's probably fine as it is then, i don't remember it well now.

also sweet kommisar looking forward to more accepted files!

Last edited by dascookieman; 03-20-2013 at 02:05 AM..
dascookieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:14 AM   #313
bmah
shots FIRED

Quote:
no it's the lead vocals, singing in the same pattern as it does throughout that entire section but of course i will change it back and it is of course very insignificant
Thanks.

The guy doesn't sing three 16ths consistently though. If what you're saying was true, I'd actually have to not only add that arrow in the beginning, but at other places in the song too.

p.s. do you like jacky files? Curious because I have something really jacky if you enjoy that.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:26 AM   #314
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

i may make graphics for this pack if needed
Old 03-20-2013, 05:40 AM   #315
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Quote:
Ugh...I wanna step shit for this pack so bad but I have to wait for my laptop T_T

I have so many metal tunes that I've always wanted to make charts for.

Hmm.. I wonder if anyone would collab with me for a Rush tune
Quote:
Originally Posted by baq12 View Post
O.o Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedolad View Post
Three way collab?.... o.o

Clockwork Angels! or La Villa Strangiato. I've always wanted to see one of those done. Preferably the latter and yes we're doing the full song

EDIT: so there's 12 parts to La Villa Strangiato so by division we'd each do four parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNilsLf6eW4 <--- that's how I know it's 12 parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you

Last edited by Shadow_God_10; 03-20-2013 at 05:48 AM..
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:05 AM   #316
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

necros ilu bby

NeoMasterPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #317
cedolad
moonchild~

Quote:
Clockwork Angels! or La Villa Strangiato. I've always wanted to see one of those done. Preferably the latter and yes we're doing the full song

EDIT: so there's 12 parts to La Villa Strangiato so by division we'd each do four parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNilsLf6eW4 <--- that's how I know it's 12 parts
Hell yes! So down to step La Villa Strangiato!! Add me on Skype and we can talk about it there, I have work all day today and tomorrow so Friday I'll be free for a little bit and all day Saturday. Skypes on my profile
Old 03-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #318
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedolad View Post
Hell yes! So down to step La Villa Strangiato!! Add me on Skype and we can talk about it there, I have work all day today and tomorrow so Friday I'll be free for a little bit and all day Saturday. Skypes on my profile
Sweet. Just added you to Skype. I have no idea when I'm working next O.O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #319
cedolad
moonchild~

I'm sure once we all get on the same page as to what we're each stepping we won't have to keep constant contact.

ps; must call dibs on A Lerxst In Wonderland
Old 03-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #320
moches
FFR Player

Quote:
Toki

once again the ending is magical, i just wish the beginning was more challenging because right now it's one of those files that you play the first half of it just to get to play the second half. oni is definitely a lot more fun than heavy, when looking at in the editor i still have trouble understanding what is going though, i started making a chart myself for the beginning but it's a hard song to accurately decipher. add me on skype "dascookieman" we will have to discuss it tomorrow.
yeah, it sounds simple to step, but the piano and the melody don't quite mesh (maybe I should just step the piano from 29-36 instead?). also I'll add you on Skype, but the problem is I get home at 11PM on weekdays D: so we may have to work something out over the weekend. I'm not sure what the time zone difference is from Korea/Sweden, but you seem to be on here around this time of day (night for me lol), so hopefully it's not too much of a strain for you!
moches is offline   Reply With Quote