Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon
Default TWG LXXXII: Player Signups

There have been some small changes to the original write-up, please take time to review now.
------------------------
K
nuckles' Chaotix 2!

The Setup:

This is a mystery game. You will only know the amount of each type of role, and even this info will not be conclusive. Each role is unique in its own way, and everyone can be part of the action.

16 Players:
4 Reds
5 Blues
7 Greens

NIGHT TALKING: ON
INSTA-LYNCH: OFF
ITEMS: ON
CORPSELOOTING: ON (Anyone who participates has a fair shot at getting any items a player had upon death. In the case of multiple deaths, a player may only choose one person to loot. Each item will be rolled for.)

NONSTANDARD GAME

What's Goin' On?

This is a nonstandard game and does not strictly follow the usual objectives. Most significantly, the game is not won for the town by eliminating all the reds. The humans must accomplish a mission by strategizing and collecting items. All the reds can be dead and the game won’t be over, or the game can be won with reds remaining alive. Even if all the reds are dead, the game can still end in a draw if the town is foolish enough to believe that there are still traitors among them, and kill each other until there are not enough humans left to accomplish the mission. As such, the reds’ objective is to whittle down the humans until there are no longer enough to complete the task.

YOUR MISSION, SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT:
You must restore Carnival Island by acquiring the 6 Chaos Rings and reactivating the Power Core.

Instructions:
1. Any blue or green who has one or more Chaos Rings (each person can carry two items) must PM the host during the same phase saying that they wish to reactivate the Power Core.

2. In addition, one other person must volunteer to be the Medium to channel the energy of the Chaos Rings. They must send in a PM during the same phase as those who have the Chaos Rings saying that they wish to be the Medium. In the case of multiple people volunteering to be the Medium, the winning candidate will be chosen at random.

6 Chaos Rings + 1 Medium = 4 humans, minimum, needed to win the game.

- If all the PMs are sent in the same phase and all the Chaos Rings are present, the reactivation will be a success and humans win the game.
- If all the requisite PMs are not sent in the same phase, if any of the Chaos Rings are missing, or if a Red participates in any way (by presenting a Chaos Ring or volunteering to be the Medium), the reactivation will fail.

Thus, it will take teamwork and thinking to set up this situation. The reds will try to lead the humans into a situation where they can easily prevent or sabotage the reactivation. It is the humans' job to recognize such trickery and gain the upper hand.

The Combi System

LET'S WORK TOGETHER!

A distinguishing feature of this game is the ability to partner up with another player. By doing so you will be able to use each-other's abilities. However, who you are able to pair up with is outside of your control. It might seem dependent on luck at first, but with the advantages granted by this mechanic, and with some creative thinking, both sides can use this to their advantage.

HOW IT WORKS:
At any time you may use the Combi Catcher Too™ to net yourself a Combi (partner). It’s much more compact than its predecessor, but is very unpredictable; there's no telling who you'll end up with!

Catching a Combi:
- Instead of selecting a definite partner, you must select a number from 1 to 7. These numbers represent targets in range.

- If you wish to pair up with someone, simply send a PM saying “I want to pair up with target #.” If successful, you will have a new partner.

- If multiple people attempt to pair up with someone, the winning candidate will be picked randomly. Pairing requests will be handled on a first-come, first-serve basis for ordering purposes.

Your New Friend:
- When you pair with someone, your abilities cross over to each other; you gain any powers your partner has, and vice versa. You also learn about any items they may have. This can give you a distinct advantage, depending on who you pair with, and can also promote trade of information. I'll leave it up to you to figure out how.

- If you are killed while paired, your Combi dies as well, so be careful.

- If you wish to unpair with your Combi, you must do so at the cost of your night action. (For example if you are a guardian role, and you wish to break with your Combi, you must either break the pair or guard; you can't both break the pair and guard.)

Day Voting

Voting will work a bit differently due to the nature of the game. As mentioned before, there is no insta-lynch – any lynch takes place at the end of the day. You have three options:

- Vote to lynch a player. Plain old voting, the player that wins the vote is lynched.

-Vote: No Lynch. If a “No Lynch” wins the vote, the game will be sent to night phase without a lynch.

-Vote: There are no reds left. This is a special case. Every player in the game must vote for it to pass, and if it passes, the game ends immediately. If it passes and there are indeed no reds remaining, the town automatically wins. If it passes and there is even ONE red alive, the reds win. If it does not get a unanimous vote, it will be treated as a “No Lynch”.

Special Stages

Under certain circumstances, a Special Stage may be triggered. If the requirements for a Special Stage are met during a certain phase, the game will enter a Special Stage at the end of the phase.

A Special Stage is a sort of "twilight" phase. Discussion in the thread and on AIM may continue, but the flow of action will stop and statuses will not be updated until the Special Stage concludes.

WHAT HAPPENS:
Four people will be secretly picked to join a special stage and instructed of what to do. Only those selected may know about the special stages. Players may not disclose ANY information regarding the nature of special stages, including but not limited to:
-- What the Special Stage entails
-- How to get picked for a Special Stage
-- How to trigger a Special Stage
-- Any method of cheating or utilization of game-breaking tactics in a Special Stage

Any person who discloses this information will be subject to IMMEDIATE ejection from the game. No questions asked.

At the conclusion of a Special Stage, one player will triumph and gain a Chaos Ring. Special Stages will be the main method of acquiring Chaos Rings, but there is a possibility of getting one without entering a Special Stage. There may also be a possibilty of losing a Chaos Ring, so be vigilant!

Other Stuff

Item Usage and Transfer:
Each player may carry a maximum of 2 items with them. If they find a new item and their inventory is already full, they must either get rid of an item in their inventory or refuse the new item.

Items can be used during any phase, but will not take effect until the end of the phase. They may also be passed to another player in the same fashion. Simply PM the name of the person you wish to send it to.

Phantom Policy:
I will be cracking down on inactivity, starting with a little gem of a policy proposed by Cyrenics. You are allowed one and ONLY one phantom. A second phantom will mean replacement, who inherits only one of the phantoms. If that person phantoms out as well, the role will be removed from the game.If no subs remain, you may accumulate 2 phantoms, but that is the absolute limit. If you accumulate a third phantom, you will be modkilled and probably game banned.

Even if you do follow these rules, you may still be replaced if the players and/or I have reasonable cause to believe that you are being inactive or not contributing properly to the game. You are expected to be involved in this game, not just post useless comments every couple of days. If you expect to be inactive for a certain time, tell me so.

Signups:
Signup times will be split. The first signups will open at 7:30 PM Central, Thursday, May 14 (that's today) and close when the first 8 spots have been filled. The second batch of signups is scheduled to begin at 8:00 AM Central, May 15, tomorrow and will continue until all the spots are filled. If the first batch of signups is still going on at the time, I will continue the first signups until they close, and then post another time for second singups.

Those who do not include their AIM names when signing up will NOT be considered when counting signups. If you forget your AIM name and wish to correct it, include it in a SEPARATE POST and you will be considered. Do NOT edit it in your first post.

Also, please read the game, thoroughly. If you have a question about the mechanics of the game it'll probably be answered there. If not, either catch me on AIM or PM me and I'll do my best. Considering that this is a Mystery Game, there will be questions that I will not answer.

--------------------------------------

FIRST SIGNUPS @7:30 PM Central, Thursday, May 14, 2009:
1. jump_the_bullet (aksmooth77)
2. Ruritsu (Ruritsu)
3. Viccica (MMViccica)
4. Hufsa (RogueFiver)
5. Makilaz (BenderChan)
6. tupacodaman (tupacodaman)
7. iluswirl (iluswirl)
8. rzr (astickytree)

SECOND SIGNUPS @ 8:00 AM Central, Friday, May 15, 2009:
9. TC_Cyrenics (Cyrenics)
10. Bolth mannn (bolthmannn)
11. Gun92 (james92hoffman)
12. FictionJunction (FikshonJunkshon)
13. emerald000 (emerald3x0)
14. Litodude (litodude)
15. mattc16 (mattc16mcfc)
16. sc979 (sam97379)

SUBSTITUTES may sign up at any time.
1. meno_rocks123 (menoRS123)

RAWR

Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

Last edited by Brilliant Dynamite Neon; 05-17-2009 at 10:03 PM..
Brilliant Dynamite Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction
Default Re: TWG LXXXII: Player Signups

thank god for second sign-ups. That'll be 6pm today!
FictionJunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
Viccica
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Viccica Send a message via MSN to Viccica

In

:3

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu

Last edited by Viccica; 05-14-2009 at 07:38 PM..
Viccica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

in
FikshonJunkshon
Old 05-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
Ruritsu
FFR Player

In

AIM: Ruritsu
Old 05-14-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
Ruritsu
FFR Player

DAMN IT...

Just read the I have to make separate post thing...

In

AIM: Ruritsu
Old 05-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
Viccica
FFR Player

AIM: MMViccica

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 05-14-2009, 07:39 PM   #8
Hufsa
FFR Player

In, assuming I'm permitted to be, having never played TWG here before. My AIM is RogueFiver.
Hufsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #9
Viccica
FFR Player

Sorry, by the by. Glanced over the no-edit thing by mistake. Please no penalty! -cringe-

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 05-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #10
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hufsa View Post
In, assuming I'm permitted to be, having never played TWG here before. My AIM is RogueFiver.
where do you usually play?
Old 05-14-2009, 07:51 PM   #11
Hufsa
FFR Player

I'm an admin at another TWG site. We're pretty small-time compared to you guys, though.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:53 PM   #12
Viccica
FFR Player

Drag them over here to come play with us. =]

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 05-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #13
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

Bring your members over here, we need new players.

in (BenderChan)
Old 05-14-2009, 07:58 PM   #14
Hufsa
FFR Player

We've actually been having trouble with inactivity ourselves, lately--hence why I'm here (to participate in an active game, that is; I'm not trying to steal away players or anything). Many of the players would likely be out of their depth here, as well. It's a relatively young crowd.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #15
FictionJunction
FFR Player

well, I guess we'll see what you can do.

It's a BDN mystery game so it might be a little too ridiculous..
Old 05-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #16
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tupacodaman

in, tupacodaman
tupacodaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:15 PM   #17
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

Quote:
We've actually been having trouble with inactivity ourselves, lately--hence why I'm here (to participate in an active game, that is; I'm not trying to steal away players or anything). Many of the players would likely be out of their depth here, as well. It's a relatively young crowd.
If we get enough newcomers, we might possibly be able to resurrect jTWG, and that would solve that problem. The issue is finding enough new players.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:28 PM   #18
iluswirl
Clueless & Comfortable
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iluswirl

Ugh. I don't have enough time.. But I can't resist. I'll have to work a couple days, but i'm still IN. (iluswirl)
iluswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #19
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

in if there's room. astickytree

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

Last edited by rzr; 05-14-2009 at 08:32 PM..
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #20
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Quote:
robersona's 13 I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote