inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: TWG CLXIV: Classics Man - Game Thread

Votes from post 5 to post 640
Night in 31:48:12

---
  • Votes -- Lynch -- Voters
  • 4 -- TWG Jade Harley -- MixMasterLar (67), Charu (147), AragakiAyase (44), Prophylaxis (14)
  • 1 -- XelNya -- thesunfan (50)
  • 1 -- Prophylaxis -- ShadoWolfe (79)
  • 1 -- Hakulyte -- Hakulyte (56)
  • 6 -- not voting -- DaBackpack (77), mellonxcollie (9), roundbox (33), TWG Jade Harley (18), Witch of Certainty (19), XelNya (22)
Old 02-20-2017, 03:14 PM   #642
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I read Xel like MML. The more frustration, the more towny it is.

I'm also curious about if someone will sheep me blindly.

(lol Shado)

I'm not saying you should throw him in your town pile yet, but I don't have any flags about these two yet that would make me think they're wolves.

I also think raeko is town here.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:16 PM   #643
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I read Xel like MML. The more frustration, the more towny it is.

I'm also curious about if someone will sheep me blindly.

(lol Shado)

I'm not saying you should throw him in your town pile yet, but I don't have any flags about these two yet that would make me think they're wolves.

I also think raeko is town here.
Totally disagree about the first part. Xel has posted walls of frustration as a wolf. I think he's prone to wallposting as either alignment, tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 02-20-2017, 03:16 PM   #644
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
I'll tell you if you tell Charu your tell on him
Touché.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 02-20-2017, 03:18 PM   #645
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Totally disagree about the first part. Xel has posted walls of frustration as a wolf. I think he's prone to wallposting as either alignment, tbh.
Like I said last game though, part of me thinks le walls are a problem.

So i'll be avoiding them unless isoing someone. Should be good.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:20 PM   #646
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

yeah ok I guess I'll do it now

I have no fucking idea why people are scumreading Harley beyond Lar, for Lar its par for the course. I'm pretty sure the gimmick is the reason a lot of people are scumreading Freezin, and I don't think a lot of people, aside from maybe raeko are going to admit that.

I think people need to evaluate Harley AS FreezinIce (those familiar with Freezin, I mean), not as this mysterious alt.

raeko's read on the green text is funny, and while I get why you townread her for making that read, I would say raeko is pretty excellent at making those types of reads when she rolls anti-town. Raeko's read on green-text is a read that I think is almost never correct.

I don't remember why Charu scumread Freezin, but I remember reading the post and just being kinda like "...okay...?"

AA left a naked vote which feels kinda weird to me, but I'll talk more on this in my next post, gonna make a shorter version of you larger post you just made.

The read you made feels fine to me. Its what I think you would think. Makes sense for you to add to the wagon like that too, but that one is more regardless of your alignment, I think.

In short, I don't really have a read on Harley's alignment but I think the votes on him are super left-field.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 02-20-2017, 03:21 PM   #647
Prophylaxis
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe
What hottake?

What shading of mellon?
Do you consider "and mellonxcollie" to be "throwing shade", so to speak?
This:
Quote:
Hot read: 100¢ says XelNya's town
Also the shading of mellon was the bolded:

Quote:
Hah! You were on my mind cause of "hiiiiiyoooooo" and then 0posts after, not even a "geez so many shitposts! I'm out, night!"
But yeah that isn't alignment indicative imo, I only said I wanted to see more of yoy. Funny that you're so defensive about it, though...
That comment kind of pretty much only serves to make mellon look bad - and I don't see you trying to work out her alignment.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:23 PM   #648
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Like I said last game though, part of me thinks le walls are a problem.

So i'll be avoiding them unless isoing someone. Should be good.
You posted a wall that looks near identical to your subway wall in the previous game btw when you were wolf.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:25 PM   #649
Hakulyte
the Haku

I think you guys should believe in me, but not in my reads.

This D0 feels pretty wrong atm.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:25 PM   #650
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
I think "town you" wouldn't have reduced the impact of your post by saying you were tunneling. I think "town you" would've posted your thoughts and waited for a response while "cooling off so you don't tunnel".

Again, though, I think there's also the possibility where you do do the above as town, which is why you're still mostly at null.

kk I'm getting back to Haku's wolfgames for a moment. I'll reply to whatever next time I drop on back
Like dis post welcome to town pile
Old 02-20-2017, 03:34 PM   #651
TWG Jade Harley
FFR Player

[This will be my only character breaking post. Since there seems to be confusion that is distracting people, I am freezin and this is an alt I made specifically to roleplay as Jade Harley, which I will be doing for the duration of this game following this post. I will be active tonight after work. *ollies out*]
Old 02-20-2017, 03:35 PM   #652
Hakulyte
the Haku

Well, roleplaying makes you awfully frustrating to read properly.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:40 PM   #653
Prophylaxis
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
yeah ok I guess I'll do it now

I have no fucking idea why people are scumreading Harley beyond Lar, for Lar its par for the course. I'm pretty sure the gimmick is the reason a lot of people are scumreading Freezin, and I don't think a lot of people, aside from maybe raeko are going to admit that.

I think people need to evaluate Harley AS FreezinIce (those familiar with Freezin, I mean), not as this mysterious alt.

raeko's read on the green text is funny, and while I get why you townread her for making that read, I would say raeko is pretty excellent at making those types of reads when she rolls anti-town. Raeko's read on green-text is a read that I think is almost never correct.

I don't remember why Charu scumread Freezin, but I remember reading the post and just being kinda like "...okay...?"

AA left a naked vote which feels kinda weird to me, but I'll talk more on this in my next post, gonna make a shorter version of you larger post you just made.

The read you made feels fine to me. Its what I think you would think. Makes sense for you to add to the wagon like that too, but that one is more regardless of your alignment, I think.

In short, I don't really have a read on Harley's alignment but I think the votes on him are super left-field.
So Harley is Freezin, then? OK.

Are you scumreading mellon based on the read she is making? Can you show me some examples of her actually doing so when she's a wolf? I'm just trying to put myself in her shoes, and speculating that the green text might actually mean something feels more like paranoid town to me? I don't have a great grasp of the meta here though.

Looking forward to your longer post.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:42 PM   #654
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophylaxis View Post
This:
Ah. I'm p sure I covered that already. Looking forward to seeing more of Xel now that he's on.

Quote:
Also the shading of mellon was the bolded:

That comment kind of pretty much only serves to make mellon look bad - and I don't see you trying to work out her alignment.
Me asking her to post more is trying to work out her alignment. She chose to scumread me for it. How is that not her being defensive?
She agreed that it was defensive herself, so you can say I'm "shading" her if you want, but maybe consider what kind of responses from mellon are possible from calling her out as such. I literally generated content from a player who has, so far, only been in thread to say "hiyo" and defend herself by calling everyone who's noted her absence or mentioned her history of trying to go UTR a wolf.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-20-2017, 03:42 PM   #655
Prophylaxis
FFR Player

Quote:
I think you guys should believe in me, but not in my reads.

What do you mean by it feeling wrong? Are you not satisfied with the pace of the gamestate thus far? It's literally only been like 16 hours.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:47 PM   #656
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
What do you mean by it feeling wrong? Are you not satisfied with the pace of the gamestate thus far? It's literally only been like 16 hours.
Let me reread the thread and I'll get back to you on this soon enough.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #657
thesunfan
Role Tide

I think Haku is pretty clearly town. I'd put him one tier beneath "should never be lynched this game." Same shit as last game; convoluted thoughts that he is known to have an impossible time emulating as a wolf.

Charu's comparable to Lar in that I haven't disliked anything he's done. The read on # of posts people have made is more likely to come from town Charu, and he has an air of seriousness around his posts, despite von Karma images and such. I'd be surprised if I was wrong on this one.

I think Proph is doing things that make sense for him to do as town. His read on raeko's read on green text is especially a good look for him. Him asking me a question after posting about how he was excited to play with me lines up well in a way that I don't think wolves usually think about. There was another good read but I don't remember it because HE HAS TOO MANY GOOD READS. From what I understand AA et al dumpstered him in a game on MU so I don't expect him to be tooooo good of a wolf, so that's part of why the read is so strong.

Lar is doing consistent things. I have to admit that I'm not really sure if I know how to catch Lar when he's a wolf, and that I am probably more likely to misread him than read him correctly. I don't dislike anything he's done in the sense that I haven't found anything that I don't think makes sense for him to do as a wolf. I kinda can't justify him as a nullread if he's posted this much and I haven't disliked anything, if that makes sense. He's my weakest townread.

not gonna touch on Witch, raeko, DBP, Harley or roundbox very much. I should have a more developed read on roundbox rn but I don't. Its a "me" thing not a "him" thing so I'll work on that later. Raeko I can't really read that well, especially early on. I'll be looking for the same stuff that let me read her strongly as town last game but its too early to tell atm. I'm leaving DBP alone for now as well. Already talked about Harley; I do admit that I have 3/4 votes as townleans but I don't care too too much about that rn. Probably at least 1 wolf in these names so I'm gonna work on expanding the list

the other 3 are more "fry-squint" than scumleans

AA has said some things that I really didn't like, followed by explanations that make me feel a bit better about him. He initially posted about going afk because he felt a tunnel developing on shado, which I thought made no fucking sense for AA to do, but I think I misread what he was saying there. There was another one that I don't remember rn. He's not matching my expectations of him this game, basically. My weakest of the "fry squints," and if he's town I expect to be able to read him correctly sooner rather than later.

Xel is being underwhelming again but its again too early to say for sure. I don't care too much about his string of posts about queuing in Overwatch, but I do want it known that he would ABSOLUTELY do it as a wolf even though he was scumread for it last game.

Shado I've talked a little bit about already. The thing I dislike the most about him was where, honestly, it felt like he was trying to flip the table on me. He more subtly-than-not equated two things, one of which I said and one of which I didn't, and threw that back at me, relating sense of humor to personality. After seeing Shado wolf last game and during Secret Hitler in lTWG, I think that I have a much better grasp of his wolfgame than I did before. I think I even texted AA as such.

jesus this post took longer to type than I thought it would
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 02-20-2017, 03:53 PM   #658
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
this is not a feeling I would expect you to have, why do you think you feel this way?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-20-2017, 03:56 PM   #659
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Quote:
@ Number 2:

They're strange, but I wouldn't say wolf yet. It's more like "why are you acting like wolves?" and "what are you trying to accomplish out of it?".

I think we need to figure out intentions of why they're doing what they're doing first and the best way to do that is to ask them directly so..

@AA / sunfan / DBP

Can you answer these two questions in bold?
because it's fun to shitpost sometimes

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 02-20-2017, 03:57 PM   #660
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
So Harley is Freezin, then? OK.

Are you scumreading mellon based on the read she is making? Can you show me some examples of her actually doing so when she's a wolf? I'm just trying to put myself in her shoes, and speculating that the green text might actually mean something feels more like paranoid town to me? I don't have a great grasp of the meta here though.
I'm not scumreading her, just acknowledging that she could be scum. I have her as null.

No, I'm not much of one for digging. Consider the fact that a lot of people have voted for her as "Best Scum 2016" as proof enough imo.

Part of the reason I like you so much so far is because the read you made on her is a read that I think I would make if I wasn't familiar with raeko, and honestly its a mistake I often still make when she does roll scum, because that IS a read that is more likely to come from a paranoid town (at least imo).
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread