Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2008, 01:11 PM   #1
footbull3196
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to footbull3196
Default Which Quarterback Has the Best Future?

Hey, I know that people will flame me for making too many sports threads, but I heard this discussion on the radio on the way home last night and I couldn't help but bring it up. I thought it might be interesting.

I heard the radio station hosts talking about how 3 quarterbacks drafted 2 years ago (Vince Young, Matt Leinart, and Jay Cutler). They were discussing which quarterback has the best future and will likely emerge as a star. Here is some of what they said:

Vince Young: If quarterback position is about winning, he's fine. He has a good winning record. If it's about QB rating though, he's not so good. It's below 70, which is pretty bad.

Matt Leinart: He has talent, and has shown it, it's just that he pretty much gave away his starting job with 3 interceptions in 12 passes in preseason. Until Warner retires in 1-2 years, he might not start for a while.

Jay Cutler: His quarterback rating is just under 90, which is pretty good for just a person in his 3rd year. Although he does need more talent around him, he should become much better when he enters his prime.

That's all I have to say about this. Who do you think will thrive in the NFL for years to come?
footbull3196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:14 PM   #2
Xenezies
FFR Player

Default Re: Which Quarterback Has the Best Future?

Didn't the Patriots get a new Quarterback for football???
Xenezies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
footbull3196
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenezies View Post
Didn't the Patriots get a new Quarterback for football???
Ya, but he hasn't started a game since high school.

But that's beside the point. Which one of these quarterbacks that I already listed (i guess Matt Cassel can be included as well) has the best future?
Old 09-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
Xenezies
FFR Player

Depends what team they play for and there Teams stats.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #5
footbull3196
Banned
FFR Veteran

That's what I want to know. Why would teams want to invest in these people?
Old 09-13-2008, 01:54 PM   #6
Xenezies
FFR Player

I don't think they will, But there is that one case were a team will invest in one of the players. But IDK. But i wanna know, Can't a team only have ONE QB or more? Cause the AZ Cardinals has three QB's
Old 09-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #7
MystictheHedgehog
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Obviously Cutler.

Young has basically shown he can't throw the ball accurately, and has crumbled under pressure so far. He isn't very durable either. You have to be a leader and you have to be clutch under pressure if you are gonna be a QB in this league. Since he entered the NFL, you haven't seen much of either.

Leinart...well he has had strokes of brilliance, then you have days where you wonder what the heck he is thinking. He seems to inconsistent to me. And the situation in Arizona isn't ideal.

Which brings me back to Cutler. He hasn't always been great, but he hasn't had too many BAD games like Young and Leinart have. He has shown more leadership than any of them. Plus, he will get the time the play. There isn't much of a QB competition in Denver. And if Collins does well in Tennessee, then Young could say bye bye.

Xenezies:A team can have as many QBs as they want. Look at Tampa, they just collect them.
MystictheHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #8
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tupacodaman

Young's too messed up from people booing at him. I never saw him doing well at pro level anyway. that rosebowl game was just dumb, he had like 10 seconds to throw and then if he hadn't thrown he could just lolstomp the defenders and get a 40 yard run. I see him as vick, but a lot worse. will never be good unfortunately

leinart could do well if warner just went the hell away, he's like 43, give new players a chance to play. in the long run warner's just hurting the cardinals because leinart might not be capable of becoming good ever since the cardinals might give up on him and use another first round pick on some QB, which is sad

definitely cutler. royal, marshall, scheffler= sweet receiving trio. and they always have a good running game.
tupacodaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:34 PM   #9
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Rodgers. Four years of being Brett's back up has given him time to get acquainted with the Green Bay offense and adjust things to his own plans. If Green Bay's game against the Vikings earlier this week proved anything is that Aaron has the right stuff to take over Brett's job and in some ways even surpass him. I'm a Brett diehard myself but even I can see Rodgers potential to overtake Brett.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:14 PM   #10
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenezies View Post
I don't think they will, But there is that one case were a team will invest in one of the players. But IDK. But i wanna know, Can't a team only have ONE QB or more? Cause the AZ Cardinals has three QB's
They're reserve players. Quarterbacks take incredibly heavy hits if they get hit and they really need substitutes. Most teams have three quarterbacks.

You can only have 53 players on a team, but only 45 can play on any given day (44 if you have both reserve QBs).
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:08 PM   #11
footbull3196
Banned
FFR Veteran

So it's official. Cutler has the brightest future.

I agree that Vince Young is in a very bad situation. But you can't be too hard on him. He needs more talent around him.

Leinart has talent around him (Fitzgerald, Boldin). He just needs more playing time.

Cutler did cost the Broncos a playoff spot in 2006, but so far he's doing good as quarterback.

Remember, some of the best quarterbacks ever, such as Dan Marino, never won a Super Bowl. QB position isn't all about winning, although that's a big part. It's also about mastering all the elements (accuracy, arm strength, mobility, improvisation).