Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2015, 10:56 PM   #601
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan
Default Re: jTWG LXVIII (Gam hread) - Welcoe to

I'm still mad we didn't lynch dfr
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
thesunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:56 PM   #602
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiba1000 View Post

i'm just a lowly sheep tho
you will evolve in time and with effort
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 07-19-2015, 10:57 PM   #603
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Lmfao

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:59 PM   #604
kiba1000
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
you will evolve in time and with effort
Thanks man, appreciate it!
Old 07-19-2015, 11:18 PM   #605
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

well... that was interesting.... just woke up and there was a 3 way KiTB, you know what that means? there isn't a single wolf in storn, DFR, kayla. if there was, the two woofs could've easily stopped one of their own from possibly being lynched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post

storn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 11:30 PM   #606
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by storn42 View Post
well... that was interesting.... just woke up and there was a 3 way KiTB, you know what that means? there isn't a single wolf in storn, DFR, kayla. if there was, the two woofs could've easily stopped one of their own from possibly being lynched.
or it means you're wolfing with dfr
!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-20-2015, 12:20 AM   #607
kiba1000
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

!!!
Old 07-20-2015, 12:34 AM   #608
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

Quote:
or it means you're wolfing with dfr
!!!
dfr was on ben, he could've switched to kayla, but he didn't.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 07-20-2015, 12:35 AM   #609
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

then again, kayla almost offed himself.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 07-20-2015, 12:41 AM   #610
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
then again, kayla almost offed himself.
herself
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-20-2015, 01:07 AM   #611
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

Quote:
herself
i know.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 07-20-2015, 01:14 AM   #612
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
i know.
OH RIGHT I FORGOT
sorry
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-20-2015, 04:10 AM   #613
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Xels in thread I can't wait to get grilled
I may or may not pending my read of the thread

However greggles is more townie to me now based on skimming, so there's at least that.

Now to go read. I might not bother grilling you, and I might subject AA to getting grilled in your place.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 04:10 AM   #614
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
I may or may not pending my read of the thread

However greggles is more townie to me now based on skimming, so there's at least that.

Now to go read. I might not bother grilling you, and I might subject AA to getting grilled in your place.
However, you're still an idiot.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:45 AM   #615
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
@Xel I really like the english in your section about kiba lmao
I did as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
So I took little notes as I read. Here they are, reformulated as coherent thoughts. I realized later it would be better to at least preface relevant posts by their post number. Sorry for the posts that don't...I'm too lazy to fix. I avoided multiquoting because it would make this post too long and I feel like it's distracting for me.

In regards to the Zenith "bandwagon", it wasn't a bandwagon: it was 2 votes in addition to a gambit self-vote.

Both Zenith's and Xel's initial suspicion on greg...I still don't feel like I get where that was coming from. Maybe I need to reread early d0. But I feel like throughout reading a lot of the thread the suspicion against greg sounded middle-school gossip of like "hey dunno if you've heard, but greg's been very wolfy lately!"

The whole self-vote thing was incredibly awkward. You initially justify it by saying you'd rather die. Then you take back those words. You then give elaborate on the supposed actual reason (more on this later). In any case, the whole ordeal was confusing and you somewhat lied. I'm surprised no one tried to push for a policy lynch in that regard: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?...ynch_All_Liars. I personally can make exceptions to this policy, but I feel like your gambit was reckless and not worth it in my personal opinion.

Also, early in phase, a lot of your efforts were focused on inactivity. This is understandable. But it felt at some point it was becoming excessive. For example, pointing out AA viewing the thread and not saying much and considering him as being wolf because of that. Most arguments involving the "Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread" list is usually pretty weak and can easily be refuted.

At some point, Zenith says: "Can't say much about the rest of you guys since you still want to shitpost". This seems like an attempt to cast shade on those that were shitposting earlier. At that point, most of the shitposting had already concluded so I feel like zenith's post was unnecessary. Also, I don't think people want to shitpost just to shitpost...it's just how the game naturally works in the very early parts of d0.

AA, forget which number post it was, but at some point, my read on you went from null to towny. Your responses seem very natural, full of original thought and content yet not contrived feeling. The joke vote on storn though was a little weird though since though shitposting had mostly concluded by that point.

This post from Zenith rubbed me the wrong way: ""I'm mainly voting to ping out players and none of my votes should be considered serious until EoD or I exhibit a trait that shows I am being serious in my vote." It seems like he feels the need to overly justify/explain his own actions, i.e., "this is how you should interpret my actions" after the fact that those actions have already occurred. This kind of behavior isn't towny to me.
Also, you say that your votes are used to gather data points, but if all of your votes aren't serious and everyone knows that, then do they really mean anything?

In regards to Zenith saying ""Also as a player in my own meta my votes are 9/10 never serious until EoD because voting is a good tool for forming data points." I think the voting that happens during the Random Voting Stage of d0 is useful. But it's not useful it it's truly random and "never serious" because then the vote becomes meaningless.

dfr's questions to kiba felt awkward and forced

zenith's demand for dfr to answer his own questions and to make more relevant posting felt even more awkward and overly aggressive.

Zenith goes from being aggressive with dfr to suddenly town reading him. either dfr was extremely convincing or zenith is not being consistent between his reads and actions.

Storn votes for Zenith on a gut feeling. When I first saw that post, it was OBVIOUS and very clear to me it was a gut feeling so I don't understand others who say otherwise.

Zenith: ""Storn you have played enough games where you should KNOW that voting + making a read based off of "idk something feels off without logic" is completely and entirely skewed and not a true read." This has to be the biggest bunch of bologna I've seen from you so far this game. This is hypocritical in more ways than one:
1) you argue that storn's vote has no logic when you claim that 9/10 of your votes aren't serious.
2) you say you use votes simply as a way to gather reactions which become data points. What's to say he wasn't trying to do the same?
3) The way Storn voted for you feels very similar to the way you cast suspicion on greg; i.e, things "feeling off"
Also, before that, it seems you were on ok terms with storn, I think you might have even read him as town earlier. But his vote on you made you make a complete 180 on your read on him. I fail to see how that single post by storn could cause you to suddenly change your reads.
Lastly, it's ok for people to have gut reads. It's like the annoying little kid that continuosly asks "Why?" until you're to the point where it's impossible explain. For example, I like chocolate. Why? Because I think it tastes good. Why? It just does.

dfr demands storn show how he feels that zenith is "off" even though storn said he needs some time to think about it. felt overly aggressive and also seems like a means of piggybacking off of zenith.

a lot of content in this post from zenith I already argued. What bugged me was when you said "and [your] read itself is entirely false". Please stop writing things as if they are fact when it's not a confirmed fact to everyone else yet. It's like you're writing in that way to instill into town that you are confirmed town when you are in fact not.

I have a little bit of a mindmeld with AA here on being wary of the fact that zenith town-read xel when all xel had done was post gifs earlier in the phase. town points for that.

zenith explicitly claims he can read xel solely from his gifs. I find that hard to believe. I do agree that xel is very good at conjuring up reactions from people...both in and out of twg.

kiba's joke vote on zenith was uncalled for considering the shitposting ended long ago. Overall though, I'm not going to think too much of this since it seems like kiba is fairly inexperienced and still trying to get a feel for things, even if only by joking around for now. I have higher expectations for him in later phases though so he's a good candidate to revisit depending on how he progresses throughout the game.

"It's okay, besides sunfan I couldn't care whatsoever about their votes because there is literally nothing that is backing the suspicion or logic around voting me."
See above

I agree with storn here that Zenith's behavior is more aggressive than usual. Aggressiveness could be thought of as a form of tryharding which is wolfy but that's not what concerns me. It's more so the fact that his actions/tone are aggressive but his reads very "flip-floppy". I feel like I'm watching a bipolar cop that plays both the good and the bad cop and it's creeping me out. This ties into my earlier point with his actions not aligning well with his reads/beliefs.

Zenith: "I use self voting strictly for my own purposes in introducing a data point that can be read in a series of angles but predominantly it is used to test a possible wolf." I don't quite understand that last point. What kind of reaction are you keeping your eyes peeled out for when you self-vote exactly.

dfr accuses storn of poorly using self-voting meta against zenith (I feel like I might have misread though). It's ironic that zenith has done the same thing but worse: he's used self-voting meta AND self-meta (meta about himself) and put them together to form possibly the worse kinda of meta possible: self self-voting meta (meta about self-voting himself). it's just...uggh.

in response to zenith, you're not being townread. this post is another example of where you talk as if it's confirmed you are already town.

xel's long post. I mindmelded with many points. a few exceptions:
-xel seems a bit wary of AA, but I'm not overly concerned myself even though xel's points do hold some merit
-I think AA's reasoning for not abusing the day 0 voting mechanic is more of a personality thing if we are sticking to the analytical mindset; i.e.; analyzers are moreso thinkers than doers.
Also, thank for your mindmelding on the whole self-meta / self-voting thing.
Lastly, you end by saying greggles is a good vote...I feel like I haven't heard much good reasoning from anyone yet (see my previous confusing about greg)

I see a little bit of self-praise here and it shows a little bit elsewhere at times as well. Maybe not so much alignmen-indicative, but annoying.

greg, that baseball analogy was pretty spot on. I agree.

xel: LOL

AA: "I know that you were super confident that you wouldn't get an additional 2 votes to get instad but I still think self-voting is awkward at best and terrible at worst. There are just too many cons to justify doing it." Thank you. I was beginning to think I was the only one that felt the self-vote was in bad taste.

yes xel, you are right. I can't be a wolf if I'm already a penguin!

Wasn't too sure if this vote was a joke vote on Xel, AA. Going to assume it is unless you say otherwise.

You say that you want tsunfan to stay with little reasoning when earlier, you were suspicious of him and stuff.

AA calls dfr lazy here, I agree with the sentiment here.

greg's read list. most of his points I find agreeable. I feel like the reads could have been more drawn out, but they were satisfying enough for me in terms of sounding genuine and displaying a level of original insight.

*pushes your face away* I don't like the eyes of others being on me.

"This is alignment indicative

I'll let others figure.it out by why I said this" -Zenith
this is also alignment indicative, I'll let others figure it out by why I said this

storn's post was very unsatisfying, but I don't necessarily attribute that to being wolfy since it could be that he's lost his reading mojo.

here AA defends me against zenith's suspicion of me. I give him town points for this since he later votes for me himself. Overall, he's shown flexibility in his reads based off of new evidence in a way that is natural (unlike zenith). Also, it seems like he's looking at everyone with a healthy grain of suspicion, even if they share the same views as himself. I feel a wolf would be instead be more likely to blindly agree and disagree with people to further their own agenda.

@storn: I have reading confidence issues myself. The you can do is point out things you've observed that are town or wolf indicative. Weighing those observations into a read is what I have trouble with, but those alignment-indicative observations along with a little bit of reasoning is still helpful to town nonetheless.

xel, what happened, you disappeared!

zenith, me withholding information was a side effect of me simply not being in the thread. that was not my intent.

here you state that now you feel like storn and kiba are misguided town. like I said before, feels like your opinions are very flippy floppy.

And a quick reads summary and thoughts about how I think the lynch should go:

AA: I feel like he's put a lot of content out there, original insight, and is playing very naturally with a good analytical mindset. A solid town read at the moment from me.

Storn: His performance this phase has been poor overall with his posts lacking depth and quality. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this phase but I'm hoping he's able to step him game up later.

dfr: I haven't seen many good things from dfr. His posts seem "lazy", lack depth, and it seems like he's mosting reusing previous arguments. He's put in a fair amount of effort to "appear" in the game, but I'm not seeing much of him trying to solve it. The attempts he does have at trying to solve the game seem very forced and awkward. He seems like a reasonable lynch candidate for today.

kiba: mostly just shitposting. I don't recall him saying whether or not he has experience with twg so I'd like to hear from him if he hasn't already said anything about his previous twg experiences. Assuming he's a new player though, it'd be cruel to kill him d0 and I'd be willing to give him another phase to get his head into the game.

psychoangel: null. You said zenith is trying too hard which is a sentiment I somewhat agree with. but there isn't enough from you for me to formulate a read.

zenith: I'm not going to repeat everything again, but I don't like zenith. On the flip side, he is causing a healthy amount of discussion in the thread so I wouldn't be opposed to keeping

greg: We do agree on many points, including our opinions on zenith. I also liked the baseball analogy. I'd need to hear more from you before I can make a solid opinion though. So right now, a slight town lean, but closer to null.

xel: town. I felt a connect when I read his reads list for the most part. His thoughts, opinions, and feelings feel very genuine. Like zenith said, xel can also be a good asset to town assuming he is town, so I wouldn't want to lynch his regardless at this point.

myself: souper town, amirite?
Gonna react to several things:

0. Goddamn Benguin with a decent post, almost was worth the wait.

1. My initial suspect of Greggles is a mix of two things: what I perceive him to do at the start of the game, and trying something new. I don't usually vote Greggles early in a game, and I wanted to see if doing it would get anything. I didn't like how his early game was, so it also was helping me sort out that on my own end.

2. Reading into my gifs is doable, but I dunno if I'd say for sure Zenith could do it. He was going in the right direction though.

3. My weariness of AA is based off of actions in the last jtwg and live twg, there's a basis for it, trust me. AA is a very analytical player, but I also know how easy it is to use that to your advantage as long as you aren't like myself who overthinks the things they write. AA's rather competant for a person who hasn't played much. I am a player who early on TWG got off often on the "that's just how middie is." Imagine how much easier that would be if you can pull content out of your ass like a champ.

4. I think AA legit wants to fite 1 v 1. If we make it a pokemon battle, I am down to throw down. ^_^

5. @ #322 Greggles' reads list is really rather solid. I do wanna comment that I don't usually push hard on you period, unless I'm kidding. Which is something I wanted to try, see what it got me, allowed me to try to cement my perception of your early game a little better.

6. @ #380 Go fawk yourself.

7. "I do agree that xel is very good at conjuring up reactions from people...both in and out of twg." - I can inspire reactions even better face to face. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
Do you think my analysis is off in the sense that it's bad or something feels different?
Feels very different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
Ok well one i know how you feel and I'm sorry that you came across my messages like that. it's not what i meant. i thought your last little visit here was very lacking in content. That's just how I felt.
Nah bruh, you were wrong either way.

I know, I'm an expert.

On me.

HAH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Please, you vote the guy, he says one sentence, you unvote him, and then you throw him into an interrogation room moments later. What's the deal?
Zenith is a masochist, he loves getting beat for being dumb

So he acts dumb on purpose so he gets hit more

But then you wanna hit him more because this is really dumb

And it ends with us just relocating Zenith into a sharp object.

Man I wish I was a wolf so in post game I could make a joke that the sharp object in question was teeth or something.

Quote:
I want nothing to do with this EoD and just want to die in the night phase to be frank
Now I see why you expected I was gonna grill you, you're playing so bad it makes the games you play well more like poorly written fan fiction.

Quote:
too bad I can't remember if there's a medic but there totally is because I am it and I'm saving u
Quote:
Literally reverse this post pls

Quote:
AA is getting the could shoulder this game sorry bro
I'll remederp that, don't worry

I have chosen AA as the user getting tunneled next phase.

Unless Zenith lives.

Then Zenith, I hope you're ready to get fuckin' beat.

Quote:
Fuck I'm going to do some serious rereading before end of day

unvote
Ahhhhhhh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
Why are we even considering lynching zenith. After rereading bens post, I don't like it at all. It feels all his reads are uninspired and rehashed especially on the accusation of towns biggest whipping board. ben

I also felt like xel saying that I scum read hin for afk when I meant that his content fell off and then saying that he should be the one producing the least content. It's just really awkward to me.
1. Wynaut, you can rarely go wrong.
2. I can't say that the part of accusing biggest towns isn't the least bit weird actually.
3. But it didn't. You were wrong either way.

Also, that lynch was dumb, I'd say more than that but I wasn't really here to stop it, so I'm gonna leave it at that.

For now.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:46 AM   #616
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Old 07-20-2015, 06:07 AM   #617
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Quote:
I'm here just got into work lol

pikakirby123 reincarnated

AragakiAyase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:27 AM   #618
thesunfan
Role Tide

what is your job?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-20-2015, 06:28 AM   #619
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

I work with automation of different assays using a liquid handler at Pfizer

So I'm always at a computer
and can always post on twg lol cause my boss doesn't care as long as I get shit done

But I can't post a reads list while at work cause I'd probably get interrupted.

pikakirby123 reincarnated

AragakiAyase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:31 AM   #620
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
I work with automation of different assays using a liquid handler at Pfizer
I'll pretend like I know what this means

part about your boss letting you goof off is cool
Quote:
Quote: