AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Yessir it it.. I have never played it.. But then again, I am not in korea

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 12-1-2002, 11:10 AM   #3
Tek.Ni.Que
FFR Player

Default !

if you live near newyork, stop by Chinatown (canal st - elizabeth st), they sell DDR as well as PUMP IT UP there.
IMO, Pump has better music than DDR, maybe because I am korean =0? however i find there is less room to freestyle =T
Old 12-1-2002, 06:36 PM   #4
Hyrogashi
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hyrogashi Send a message via AIM to Hyrogashi Send a message via MSN to Hyrogashi Send a message via Yahoo to Hyrogashi
Default PIU

i live in arizona, and amazingly they have a stupid cheap old version of pump it up, i play ddr so me and someone else played it and sucked completely. But i have an avi of someone owning Beethoven Virus Double good quality, BTW Stepmania supports PIU
Old 12-1-2002, 09:03 PM   #5
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I live near Chicago in a burb called Naperville. We have a brunswick zone down the street from us with DDR and another one in Fox Valley mall about 3 minutes away. Unfortunately I don't get the time to play in public all that often.

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 12-1-2002, 09:19 PM   #6
Hyrogashi
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hyrogashi Send a message via AIM to Hyrogashi Send a message via MSN to Hyrogashi Send a message via Yahoo to Hyrogashi

synth are you even any good?
Old 12-2-2002, 03:24 PM   #7
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

So the music is K-pop then right?
Old 12-2-2002, 05:01 PM   #8
Hyrogashi
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Default uh

acctuallyyy it has some korean music i guess, but it mixes things like beethoven virus song is classical music with a korean twist you could say.
Old 12-5-2002, 11:50 AM   #9
plzkickme
FFR Player

theres an american version of pump with american songs.. but the korean one is still better. i would also like to say that pump is 2930852 times better tahn ddr hehe
Old 12-6-2002, 03:05 PM   #10
Klaymen
FFR Player

http://rydia.net/chocobo/games/vs/ddrpiu.html
Old 12-14-2002, 12:24 PM   #11
ArK
FFR Player

heres the rundown. pump is alot harder than ddr, and has rock songs. thats pretty much the only difference. i play pump becuase it offers more of a chalange. those 5 arrows at once are fun lol
Old 12-16-2002, 01:57 PM   #12
Chakan2
FFR Player

I just like the layout in PIU better than DDR. There's much more choriography and thought in the songs it seems in PIU. I've only played the american version at D&B in austin though. I can't speak for the Korean version.

But I'm not going to b!tch about a free DDR game. It's still fun as hell. And the tunes aren't bad at all. (With any luck I'll be able to submit my own before too long). Keep up the good work.

Chicago rules by the way...I went to College in Decatur and we'd always go up there (Naperville) for Lan parties.
Old 12-23-2002, 01:16 AM   #13
hoonie
FFR Player

pump it up is much more challenging than ddr. i got in to it because my uncle owns the machine for his work.
Old 12-30-2002, 05:07 PM   #14
flyersgirl37
FFR Player

i play pump it up all the time and it is definitely tough especially anything above level 3...but i actually like the foot position. the center square is what really makes it tough!!! it screws you up and it such a nuisance..

~ bj
Old 02-7-2003, 03:22 PM   #15
changename
FFR Player

holy crap are you people freaking serious? i find pump 9999 times easier than ddr. maybe because i knew about pump first, yes it is more convient but the middle shouldnt mess u up. and if u think that is a challenge, use the speed cheat. it increased the speed by 2x or 3x i prefer it. reg is too slow for me. but the bad part is that it automatically send u to easy mode
double mode nd shit is easier. i prefer the machine cause there is a rail handle u can use to fling urself from side to side
Old 02-8-2003, 01:00 PM   #16
NessTormented
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to NessTormented Send a message via AIM to NessTormented Send a message via MSN to NessTormented Send a message via Yahoo to NessTormented

Pump it up is easy...ddr is harder. Ddr has more chalanging of steps, where as pump it up has to make of less steps to incorperate the 5th.
Old 08-24-2003, 08:57 AM   #17
hund
FFR Player

Yeah i learned on a PIU machine first. I find it much better than DDR, cause of that middle step. You can have some crazy combos and stuff like on Beethovan Virus (Hard). And im starting to do the Double mode...fun.
Think about it, your playin chess with an old man in the park, he messes up and you use your pawn to kill his knight or something, then you can get up and shout \"Pawned your arse old man!\" and run away!
Old 08-27-2003, 01:01 PM   #18
bubblexb
FFR Player

lol.. i find pump it up soo much easier than ddr. i dont know why though, i knew ddr first.... but i guess that is just me.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:19 PM   #19
MaYaaGNi
FFR Player

i'm not really sure about what you guys say =) i live in a really um..."asian" area of nyc (no, not chinatown) so there's piu machines and also ddr machines.

ddr is CRAZY fast sometimes, like in the max's and that's why its so hard...lol, cuz ppl get so tired. piu seems easier to me almost...unless you're talking about extravaganza or something...then it's just really hard as well. ddr is all about speed and stamina but piu is more about freestyling...or at least that's what i think o'.'o

i learned ddr at first, and then went to piu..and when i went back to ddr, it seemed a lot easier ^_^
Old 10-7-2003, 02:19 PM   #20
TXC_Deity
FFR Player

Try Slam or I am Trash on crazy
Closed Thread