Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-1-2008, 04:02 PM   #181
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction
Default Re: TWC Rules, Policies, Etc.

rzr becomes an apathetic rebel take two
FictionJunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 04:09 PM   #182
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

I take great offense to being described as "A supermoderator ganging up on you" How does my position have a damn thing to do with anything? Did I say "As A SuperModerator" at the start of my post? have I threatened to ban you? Have I edited deleted or locked posts?
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 04:19 PM   #183
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Rofl, fj. If we hadn't talked last night I'd take offense to that

Look, devonin, it seems to me you're just looking for an argument right now. Sorry, dude, I'm not going to dispute this. I'm really trying to keep a good rapport with the higher-ups and fighting with you isn't making our relationship any better, especially with the squabbel we had about my game in the PMs. Ok? Can we just forget about it? Seriously, it's no big deal. Yes, you guys ganged up on me, since there was nobody here to defend my point and you 3 were going at it. But it just doesn't matter. No, you didn't edit/delete my posts. But having a Super Moderator's power's isn't my point, it's that both you and guido were on my ass about it. I wouldn't have been very suprised if you two dragged tass and chardish into it. Ok? So just drop it? Make peace not war?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 04:27 PM   #184
thunderstrike687
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to thunderstrike687

rzr, you really need to chill out. Guido and Devonin werent attacking you or ganging up on you. This rule should have been enforced, and I 100% completely agree with what both of them have said thus far. That statement alone will probably lead you to think I am attacking you too, but whatever. No one is attacking you; we are simply telling you how it is, and how it should have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
yea, this subscription giveaway is more fun than watching two lesbians engage in foreplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy_2004
i love a food
thunderstrike687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 04:30 PM   #185
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Naw, thunder, I'm still cool with you. I know when you're attacking me by now
But can we just drop it now?

Quote:
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

Old 04-1-2008, 04:37 PM   #186
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Well you shouldn't make such a big deal out of issues that you're going to just drop as soon as someone disagrees with you.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 04:51 PM   #187
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr View Post
Dude, I'm not mad at you. I think this whole thing is retarded and completely pointless, but I'm not mad. I'm frustrated with 2 super moderators ganging up on me, but it's... yeah I've got nothing to say to be optimistic, rofl.

Ok, I'm tired of arguing about it. Honestly, I don't friggin care enough to fight with you guys about it. See ya later
You realize that you could have said that about anyone arguing against you, right? Just because they happen to be staff members doesn't mean they're "ganging up on you." Everyone's allowed to have a say in this. I honestly don't see why you continue to make such a big deal about this whole thing. Alternate games. Is it really that difficult to do?

And since this is getting nowhere fast, I move that we seriously enforce the rule about not playing with IRL friends. No exceptions. This has been argued to death, and there's absolutely no reason to keep discussing it.
Old 04-1-2008, 04:56 PM   #188
rzr
TWG Veteran

Oh my ****ing god! I guess you won't just let me drop it! Well, I don't give a ****. I didn't make a big deal out of it, I just wanted to play the same game as my friend. No biggie. But YOU guys can't just drop it!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-1-2008, 05:11 PM   #189
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

You're making a big deal out of it right now! You cannot play in the same TWG as an IRL friend. Period. In the past, you could, until people ****ed it up. Now you can't. End of story.
Old 04-1-2008, 05:19 PM   #190
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makilaz View Post
No exceptions.

=(

Okay, on to why I'm posting. Well, firstly, I agree with the new rules/revisions. =)

And can I bring up something for discussion?

In the current jTWG, I realized that AIM logs have a format that's incredibly hard to duplicate (or fake). I took advantage of that and requested "the original AIM chat log format" from several players, and although they still had the option of faking such a log (and they did), it was obvious that the log they provided was NOT in the same format (usernames were not color-formatted and a date header wasn't present either).

Although they can still fake those logs by saving a file as a .html (which is what the AIM chat log format is in), it's obvious that if the .html file they provide doesn't look like the original .html file, they're faking the log which, in turn, makes them suspicious.

So basically, make it so that (like PMs from the host), original AIM chat logs can not be requested nor given.
Xception704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 05:19 PM   #191
heavylee
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to heavylee

hai guys...
Sorry I didn't check this thread till now rzr... ps, I didn't mean to imply you were a bad player ever.

Anyways, yes I played with my brother, he got me into this game, but we also live an hour and a half away and used to only talk when I was home for holidays etc. So it really was never an issue.

My main issue with you and argo playing together is that you would talk to each other (face to face) about the game. I know for me it is much harder to lie to someone to their face, thus making the game unfair. I am alright with as long as you guys don't talk about the game it is fine. (Also, if you are not usually on a computer near each other either) I am not sure what your guys' situation is. It just seems like this game means a lot to both of you, so it would be nice to come up with some sort of comprimise.

I have told you a few times that you are not allowed to play with friends irl... Anyways, that was just my input guys. Feel free to ignore it if you wish. <3
heavylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 05:20 PM   #192
heavylee
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to heavylee

xception, aim logs are essential to this game. They can be saved to like a notepad document. I have received several of those. That way it all comes in black text. It is at the person's own disgression to reveal their logs. Without them it would be too difficult to trust anyone, or know the validity of their logs.
heavylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 05:23 PM   #193
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Heavy, I don't think you realize what kind of log I'm talking about.

I'm not talking about chat logs in general ... of course not. I agree; those are essential to any (j)TWG game.

I'm talking about the chat logs that the AIM program makes and saves as a .html file.
Old 04-1-2008, 05:24 PM   #194
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Seeing as AIM is one of the main forms of communication in this game, there's no reason why people shouldn't be allowed to request chat logs. They're difficult to fake, so it just adds another element to the lying part of the game.
Old 04-1-2008, 05:27 PM   #195
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I don't think you guys realize what I'm talking about.

I'm sure Manti does though ... Manti, you mind explaining for me?

I was going to post what kind of file I'm talking about, but the current jTWG is ongoing, so I refrained.
Old 04-1-2008, 05:28 PM   #196
rzr
TWG Veteran

Thank you heavy, the voice of reason. Seriously, why is there no compromise? And like I keep saying: if it aint broke, don't fix it. There's nothing wrong with the games we're playing now, it's pointless to revise it all.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-1-2008, 05:29 PM   #197
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xception704 View Post
I don't think you guys realize what I'm talking about.

I'm sure Manti does though ... Manti, you mind explaining for me?

I was going to post what kind of file I'm talking about, but the current jTWG is ongoing, so I refrained.
I know perfectly well what you're talking about. There's no reason to forbid people from asking for the file. If you're going to lie about an AIM convo, you'd better have some evidence to support it, or you're going to be found out. It's tricky to fake them, yes, but not impossible.
Old 04-1-2008, 05:33 PM   #198
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Ah I see ... well I tried to fake one once ... it's far more difficult to fake than a regular chat log is.
Old 04-1-2008, 05:34 PM   #199
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Rzr, The reason this rule is being enforced much heavier now is because of what happened in the current TWG with you and Argo.

I don't want to discuss it with the game still going on. Suffice it to say you and Argo need to take turns in the TWG and jTWG. If you guys are going to share passwords and log onto each other's accounts, The opportunity is there to look at the other person's PM, Which causes unfair advantages in the game, and sometimes wrecks it completely. Which is why we need to seperate the two of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 04-1-2008 at 05:36 PM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 05:42 PM   #200
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Also, what do you all think about requiring all players to have a version of AIM that logs chats and also requiring all players to have that option enabled?

I know that it was slightly frustrating to request a log then come away with "my AIM doesn't log chats."

That could be seen as an advantage that people could try to exploit purposefully.