Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-4-2015, 03:52 AM   #1
8Shade8
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 8Shade8 Send a message via Skype™ to 8Shade8
Default Flash Fox for Android plays FFR!..but....keyboard issues

Hello all! Long time no chat. So, I bought this here Samsung Galaxy 10.5 S, and I must say that I am very impressed with it. While there is no native flash support in Chrome, Firefox, or the regular Internet browser, this FlashFox browser has a flash player. Needless to say, I had to try FFR.

As it turns out, it works fairly well! There isn't much lag, and it is actually doing better than a computer I had oh say back in 2006 running on dial-up playing FFR. I have a keyboard wired to the baby, and this is where the only current issue I run into springs up.

I have a normal, $9, full-size keyboard wired to this puppy through an OTG USB converter. There is zero lagg. As it turns out, the problem I am facing is in scripting somewhere. Either in the browser's scripting, or in FFR's scripting itself.

While playing FFR (both engines other than the R^3 beta which is too much for my tablet :P), the keys decide to navigate around hyperlinks on the page, and make the page scroll up and down. With a PC this is usually circumvented by clicking on the game and then pressing keys. However, on a tablet, the only key which seems to work is the right arrow key, and that is only whenever it decides to select the FFR "box" or window within the browser. If this issue is circumvented it is my belief that FFR will be playable by anyone with a tablet (short of making an FFR application for android.)

The only two solutions I have come up with (with my rudimentary internet coding skillz) are to either A) Make the game fullscreen (such as with youtube), or B) Code the game to by default take control of the keyboard when it loads.

Thanks for the help if you guys do choose to help. I appreciate it.

People demand their freedom of speech, so as to avoid their freedom of thought. Keep the freedom you possess inherently, before someone else attempts to take it from you.
8Shade8 is offline   Reply With Quote