Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 08:46 PM   #1641
TWG Del
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dora View Post
i know this is kind of wifom but does the wolf team allow him to keep poking his head into the bee's nest and getting bopped on the nose? Maybe im putting too much stock in the team dynamic because its a quick topic not real time discord
i dont know if the wolf team would be that involved? especially with specifically calling out their wolf friends, in case of infiltration (though, with you being aqui and aka out of the game for the most part). Not wifom but probably a moot point too
Old 03-11-2020, 08:46 PM   #1642
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Del View Post
then it happened with boomer, then you haven't really had a good chance or need for it to happen again because of everything else going on.

it would help if you gave a good ol' effort post with reads and all that
i was one of several people suspicious of boomer, and IIRC i only made two posts about my suspicions

and i genuinely don't want to spend a bunch of time making a big effort post when there's plenty of activity in the thread right now, plus i've been so wrong this game that i've either gotten or contributed to two PRs claiming. i don't have the confidence in myself that i had going into this game
Old 03-11-2020, 08:46 PM   #1643
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Quote:
Alrighty so i havnt read everything yet, but there is absolutely no chance I live past this phase normally and I felt inspired after reading Apollo's post where he basically guessed who i am and what i was doing. So with that being said and in the interest of giving people time to discuss what to do...

I'm the [b]Acquisitioner[b]

My plan pregame was to play pacifist and not take anyone over unless that would create a wining situation AKA Me vs 2 towns/wolves at night. The reason is twofold: One, my posting style is pretty distinctive and while i probably could impersonate someone i would not enjoy playing the game that way and Two, it would be a unique take on the role that nobody would expect

But once I got shot and consensus scum read my plan pretty much became: Fuck the wolves.

===========

That being said I would enjoy being around longer and being permanently blocked by the PI. I really doubt I would last that long because the wolves would kill me off since they cant win with me alive. But even that would help town because it would direct the night kill to me and create a dilemma for the wolves at night.

Either they kill me off and waste a kill

Or they let me live and im confirmed as a psuedo town who is actively working against them.

I understand if this seems a bit too weird and you just want me dead though. The main purpose of me coming out is so you know ahead of time that my large post was absolutely sincere and I think represents the best chance for Town to practically lock up the game
I'm still catching up, just to be clear, we ARE still lynching Dora
don't want to see people even begin to entertain otherwise
Old 03-11-2020, 08:47 PM   #1644
TWG Del
FFR Player

posting at the start/mid of phase when it doesn't matter nearly as much, then ducking for the rest is inherently wolfy

change my mind

also reminder that I'll be out for EoD
Old 03-11-2020, 08:51 PM   #1645
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Quote:
I know my word probably doesnt count for a lot but I ~would~ stick to playing pacifistic. The onus would be on the wolf team to kill me because they stand to lose the most by my continued existence.

After its all said and done and if/when I die you should come back to this moment and look at how people were pushing/voting me.
lmao
you've betrayed in the past after making a similar promise so
I won't let you begin to push this
Old 03-11-2020, 08:51 PM   #1646
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
i was one of several people suspicious of boomer, and IIRC i only made two posts about my suspicions

and i genuinely don't want to spend a bunch of time making a big effort post when there's plenty of activity in the thread right now, plus i've been so wrong this game that i've either gotten or contributed to two PRs claiming. i don't have the confidence in myself that i had going into this game

I’m confused, have you had a 100% success rate in reads before this moment? Being confident in our own reads is how we and everyone else wins this game for town, don’t use confidence as a cop out
Old 03-11-2020, 08:52 PM   #1647
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Quote:
posting at the start/mid of phase when it doesn't matter nearly as much, then ducking for the rest is inherently wolfy

change my mind

also reminder that I'll be out for EoD
You're town for fact, so it's all good.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:52 PM   #1648
TWG Dora
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
lmao
you've betrayed in the past after making a similar promise so
I won't let you begin to push this
i dont remember that happening. I dont get to play 3rd party alot
Old 03-11-2020, 08:54 PM   #1649
TWG Dora
FFR Player

or actually ever now that I think about it
Old 03-11-2020, 08:54 PM   #1650
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Quote:
i dont remember that happening. I dont get to play 3rd party alot
maybe I don't know who you are, I think you did though
I won't spoil the anonymous factor so its w/e

im just a bit jealous I'm not the acq; I think I would love the role to death, and I'm pretty sure town would be super boned if I rolled it
Old 03-11-2020, 08:55 PM   #1651
TWG Phil
FFR Player

I'm not completely caught up, I'm on pg 77 (this is for me later)
will try to be here at eod
Old 03-11-2020, 08:56 PM   #1652
TWG Dora
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
maybe I don't know who you are, I think you did though
I won't spoil the anonymous factor so its w/e

im just a bit jealous I'm not the acq; I think I would love the role to death, and I'm pretty sure town would be super boned if I rolled it
maybe thats my failing because im not doing the role justice but i definitely wasnt in the mood to pretend to be other people all game.

ironically this is the one game where i would be happy to have rolled VT
Old 03-11-2020, 08:57 PM   #1653
TWG Del
FFR Player

dora

pce

ps.
someone make sure agent s follows up

someone make sure julian gives an effortpost / good reads list

dont let dora live

o7
Old 03-11-2020, 08:57 PM   #1654
TWG Dora
FFR Player

(sorry xel)
Old 03-11-2020, 08:57 PM   #1655
TWG Chrissy
FFR Player

In about an hour-ish I have to go, but I'll see if I can sneak back on before EoD. If not, gn in advance, sparkle.

But from what I've read so far back from 76 or so, why are people even considering leaving Dora alive? Been said 8 times but just... don't do that.

I'd keep Dora's iso wide open after she's gone, and recall past spots we were considering before the whole acqui reveal happened.

Honestly I say regardless of what happens we can still use stuff from it unless blatantly proven otherwise.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:57 PM   #1656
TWG Dora
FFR Player

Quote:

dont let dora live

o7
this hurts friend
Old 03-11-2020, 08:58 PM   #1657
TWG Chrissy
FFR Player

In about an hour-ish I have to go, but I'll see if I can sneak back on before EoD. If not, gn in advance, sparkle.

But from what I've read so far back from 76 or so, why are people even considering leaving Dora alive? Been said 8 times but just... don't do that.

I'd keep Dora's iso wide open after she's gone, and recall past spots we were considering before the whole acqui reveal happened.

Honestly I say regardless of what happens we can still use stuff from it unless blatantly proven otherwise.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:58 PM   #1658
TWG Chrissy
FFR Player

Oh GOD doublepost- can I delete the other one? Cuz idfk why it sent twice...
Old 03-11-2020, 08:59 PM   #1659
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chrissy View Post
Oh GOD doublepost- can I delete the other one? Cuz idfk why it sent twice...
you are very much not allowed to edit or delete posts, even doubleposts what what
Old 03-11-2020, 09:00 PM   #1660
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
someone make sure agent s follows up

someone make sure julian gives an effortpost / good reads list

dont let dora live
Apollo hasn't really contributed much from what I can view, besides some chirping here and there on the topic. They're still a hard null for me. I may need to do an iso tonight.

Boomer is pretty obvious vigi at this point. Town.

Cherry I'm leaning even more-so Town for a lot of world building and mindmelding that I'm coming up with.

Chief I talked about earlier, link to that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
Yeah, I think you are tackling this game from a 2nd viewpoint that is unique and contrasted against my own, and it's not entirely insane as some other people state in the thread. Kind of like the other side of a coin which I stated in d0, and has had me rethink here and there on certain things. Some of the things contributed I like. There are a few things I disagree with, but you haven't really thrown anything out there that has particularly jaded me.
Del pretty certain that it's Cop. Town.

Dora pretty certain that it's Acq. Anti-town.

Chrissy is a super hard null for me, a bit below Apollo. There really isn't much to go off of, and a lot of what they've put out comes across to me as not fully up-to-date on what's happening in-thread, so a lot of the content is outdated.

Fauna I'm seeing as confused town. I'd love to see where their headspace is at, but falls into a town lean.

Flurry I still think is quite town, despite dropping off of a bit from yesterday. I assume that the reason behind it because it's a bit open and shut situation for today.

Julian would be my next vote after Dora, unless a cop check goes through somehow. Biggest wolf lean.

Maple has been making mismatched plays imo. A lot of theorycrafting on night phase, which I would assume it's pretty simple. I'm not a super fan of it, it's a low town lean for me. They're putting in effort, just not the effort that super benefits town, more like pushes it along.

Mathilda is still a majority inactive read for me. Hasn't really contributed all that much.

Eugene has done an astonishing amount of background work in this game. And while some people might disagree with his view, I don't think I've ever seen a wolf dedicate this much time into a game, they're definitely inspired imo. They are firmly town to me.

Molly is a hit/miss with me. Sometimes the stuff they say resonates with me, and other times I facepalm. Along the lines of confused town in a similar manner that Maple is playing.

Phil is pretty lock town for me. Similar to Eugene, contributed a lot to both mechanic and thought on how people are playing, lots of which I tend to agree with.

Punchy I'd like to town lean, but I want to do an iso to see if I still feel that way on it.

Rolf I'm still perceiving as a scum lean, primarily of d0 interaction with Julian. If Julian flips town, then Rolf would probably look a lot better. d1 content they've put out hasn't really helped support their own case.

Tank imo is trying to contribute to town in their own way, but similar to Molly it's hit/miss. I'd be ok with town lean, but I wouldn't be surprised if that changed in the near future. Not really finding much basis in what he's had to say with his vote on Chief.
Closed Thread