Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-8-2012, 03:49 PM   #461
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Fitness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldentron View Post
today i started an attempt at a raw food vegan diet. i'm not going to turn away cooked (it does still have to be vegan) food, but i simply won't be preparing it for myself. i might be making exceptions for beans and rice. here's what i bought from the grocery store to get started:
oranges
grapefruits
a head of broccoli
a bunch of kale (this and spinach will account for my iron intake)
a bunch of bananas
a larger sized box of strawberries
eggplant
cucumbers
tomatoes
limes

i know i'll need:
mushrooms (preferably Portabella)
spinach
cauliflower
carrots

So FFR, what nutrients am I missing?
You really should get beans and rice, just saying. I have no idea what the reason for you not cooking your meals, but beans are a must have for any vegan, since it is a pretty good source of protein.
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2012, 04:53 PM   #462
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

Most beans need to be cooked to eat, and I most likely will be making an exception for them whenever necessary. The alternative is protein powder made with various methods. The smoothie I had from Jamba Juice today (Peach Perfection?) was 32oz had 3 scoops of powder (8g protein per scoop, 24g total) It was a tad bit gritty, but it still tasted great and was 100% raw vegan.

I decided to try raw food veganism for 3 reasons:
-No preservatives.
-Little/no packaging=less landfill material. I haven't thrown anything away in 3 days. Seriously.
-I honestly needed a challenge to go vegan. Perhaps one day I will no longer want to eat raw-only, but I think I will remain vegan as it aligns with my ideals, and having a background in raw-foodism will help if I ever encounter tough times or something similar.
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2012, 11:26 PM   #463
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Been out of the gym for 2 weeks now. I've lost 2lbs, but it's almost impossible to tell.

Also my trap genetics are dumb as hell.
Old 09-9-2012, 12:07 AM   #464
Senip
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldentron View Post
Most beans need to be cooked to eat, and I most likely will be making an exception for them whenever necessary. The alternative is protein powder made with various methods. The smoothie I had from Jamba Juice today (Peach Perfection?) was 32oz had 3 scoops of powder (8g protein per scoop, 24g total) It was a tad bit gritty, but it still tasted great and was 100% raw vegan.

I decided to try raw food veganism for 3 reasons:
-No preservatives.
-Little/no packaging=less landfill material. I haven't thrown anything away in 3 days. Seriously.
-I honestly needed a challenge to go vegan. Perhaps one day I will no longer want to eat raw-only, but I think I will remain vegan as it aligns with my ideals, and having a background in raw-foodism will help if I ever encounter tough times or something similar.
I think its cool to count it as raw if you cook the beans for less than 15 minutes, and if you dont have beans youre gonna have a bad time.
Senip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2012, 07:42 AM   #465
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

dumb? what do you mean? they look huge
Old 09-9-2012, 04:38 PM   #466
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay View Post
dumb? what do you mean? they look huge
That's exactly what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senip View Post
if you dont have beans youre gonna have a bad time.
Pretty much.
Old 09-9-2012, 04:58 PM   #467
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

huge muscles. oh nooooooo. -________-
Old 09-9-2012, 06:58 PM   #468
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

well kmay would you like to have huge biceps that are disproportionate to the rest of your teensy body i don't think so

it makes it harder to get the build you want if some muscles are huge then other muscles may under-compensate etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #469
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Eat nuts, take some b12, eat nutritional yeast, and undercooked beans are basically poisonous.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #470
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Avocado for fat. And I can't believe you're eating raw eggplant.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #471
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Today went well. Lats and arms are swole as ****. Tomorrow is the real test though. Chest day. We'll see how my wrists take it.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:14 AM   #472
Senip
Forum User

Brutal back day, I feel like I have horns growing out of my shoulder blades. Finding a trainer who knows what hes doing has been the best thing for me, in terms of growth.
Senip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:26 AM   #473
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

volleyball starts tomorrow. gonna see how this knee holds up
Old 09-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #474
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

#teamgetswole
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #475
ssbmchamp
Can't improve at this game.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWolf View Post
Today went well. Lats and arms are swole as ****. Tomorrow is the real test though. Chest day. We'll see how my wrists take it.
Just a suggestion: Always workout larger muscle groups before smaller ones to maximize performance of each (Chest before arms). Again just a suggestion.
ssbmchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #476
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbmchamp View Post
Just a suggestion: Always workout larger muscle groups before smaller ones to maximize performance of each (Chest before arms). Again just a suggestion.
Is this serious? Did you even read my post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senip View Post
Brutal back day, I feel like I have horns growing out of my shoulder blades. Finding a trainer who knows what hes doing has been the best thing for me, in terms of growth.
That feel. Yesterday was pretty brutal for me too. I always get nauseas after the bent over rows. Shit's brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay View Post
volleyball starts tomorrow. gonna see how this knee holds up
Good luck dude, take it easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
#teamgetswole
Kmay, Rubix, Reach, Senip, Poison and Scwolf making all kinds of gains. All kinds.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...U50S1dndXdSMFE

My routine for anyone who's curious ^ Also I drop set the bicep curls.

Last edited by SCWolf; 09-11-2012 at 11:20 AM..
SCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #477
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
My body is ridiculous. It took a few weeks for it to stop being a greedy asshole and give up the 10 pounds of water weight, all in the span of a couple days.

Then I remained at that weight (plus/minus some variance) for a while and then suddenly it just drops like 3 pounds in a day or two. What the eff mang. It's like a very discrete stepfunction or something.

Either way, down 12.5 since starting this thread. Still look the same, though, as expected. Most of that is water, so I haven't lost THAT much fat yet, but it's a start. The next few weeks will be good feedback. This is a lifestyle change, after all.

Battling willpower has been an interesting journey. In the past, I could go through an entire 1600+ calorie bag of sour cream and onion Lays in a day -- as a snack. What I do now, sometimes, is just walk into a store, stare at something unhealthy-but-tasty for a few seconds, contemplate it, and walk back out. Takes all of 20 seconds and it helps me get used to turning things down, now that I have a much better idea how many calories I'm putting into my body and how much time it takes to work that stuff off.

Really though, it helps me to "face my temptations" and turn them down instead of just trying to avoid them altogether and keep them out-of-mind. Sweets and unhealthy junk start to legitimately look less appealing, while the opposite trend holds for healthier foods. For instance, right now I am actually *craving* a salad, which is awesome.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?
Hey man, progress is progress and right now your progress looks pretty normal. Keep your #s realistic; 12.5 lbs is great progress and you know you're on the right track.

Also yeah, you won't see a ton of changes unless you take pictures and measurements of your body, because at this point, weight loss just comes in the form of bodily shrinkage. You lose fat from various areas, so as a whole you get smaller and smaller, but you won't look much different until your body fat % drops a LOT more.

I have experienced similar jumps in weight. Even at a much smaller caloric deficit, during my cut, many weeks I would not lose weight, and then the next week I'd lose enough weight for 2 weeks. The body doesn't adjust itself in a linear fashion; it's very much step wise and it's hard to predict when those changes are going to happen.

For me personally, battling cravings simply came down to being able to learn to treat food as energy and not as something that tastes good. Knowing that I would spoil my progress by cheating and eating bad foods outside of my daily allowance pretty much turned me off, and now it's pretty easy to eat clean. I'd say it took a few months though to completely adjust to the change.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #478
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

My buddy is modifying my routine right now. I'll share when it's finished.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ndXdSMFE#gid=0

There it is. Chest and back inbound.

Last edited by SCWolf; 09-11-2012 at 01:14 PM..
SCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #479
ssbmchamp
Can't improve at this game.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWolf View Post
Is this serious? Did you even read my post?
Please inform me as to what I missed. You said your lats and arms were sore which lead me to believe you worked them out, and the following day would be a chest day? Where/how did I interpret that wrong?
ssbmchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #480
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbmchamp View Post
Please inform me as to what I missed. You said your lats and arms were sore which lead me to believe you worked them out, and the following day would be a chest day? Where/how did I interpret that wrong?
I'm not sure how to interpret what you're suggesting? Cause you're literally making no sense to me. As far as I know, the back is a pretty large group of muscles.