Old 09-13-2013, 06:20 AM   #41
Skwid1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Skwid1
Default Re: Yolomania Vol. 1 - Release!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikonKeiri View Post
someone stepped imaginary flying machines holy shit
ya but i'll probably do a harder chart of one of their songs next time.

Last edited by Skwid1; 09-13-2013 at 06:30 AM..
Skwid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #42
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

I'm almost done reviewing the pack! Overall it was a pleasant surprise, gj on it
Old 09-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #43
rCaliberGX
D7 Elite Keymasher
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Dibs on the original UKF Dubstep Tutorial when Vol. 2 becomes a thing
rCaliberGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #44
Wafles
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Wafles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rCaliberGX View Post
Dibs on the original UKF Dubstep Tutorial when Vol. 2 becomes a thing
Skwid gon be sad.

It better be an obnoxious roll nightmare chart.
Wafles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #45
rCaliberGX
D7 Elite Keymasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafles View Post
Skwid gon be sad.

It better be an obnoxious roll nightmare chart.
i'm pretty sure having 48ths rolls is a trademark of dubstep files lol

also going to step the whole thing this time. i think the vip tutorial wasn't really repetitive enough to justify a cut imo
Old 09-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #46
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
I'm almost done reviewing the pack! Overall it was a pleasant surprise, gj on it
(o:

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #47
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

my reviews:

A broken heart can mend
a bit bland and drags on for maybe too long considering it's so easy. The chart is well done. 6/10 (score: 99.58%)

Accept your fate now
well, goddmnit, i like this file. the jumpgluts depict pretty well the loud guitar riffs and it's pretty challenging overall. 9/10 (score: 98.24%)

Applejack Bucks 400 Apple Trees
the song itself doesn't sound so good and while the file is fairly well done i'm not so sure about the bursts. 7/10 (score: 98.38%)

Archetype
Very cool wavy bpm stuff, altough the song has nothing more to offer. Steps are nice. 8/10 (score: 99.55%)

Bad Boy
This file is one of the most annoying files i've played in a long while and for sure i'll never play it again. It seems to last forever and each section i keep thinking "when does this shit end" only to see there's more repetitive shit in the next section too! If it wasn't so damn long, and if it didn't have the 20 seconds long jack (seriously, how long is that?) it would have been much more fun and replayable. 5/10 (score: 97.85%)

Barusko Meow
Mines ruin it, especially in the beginning. For the whole lenght the file just doesn't make it "feel" the notes of the song. Probably a matter of patterning choices. 6/10 (score: 97.53%)

Bitch i look like goku
negative infinity/10

Bitches
a pleasant surprise. Like this a lot 9/10 (score: 98.63%)

Brainfog
Whoa. It's not easy to make good patterns for hard shit like this, and this file is one of the few which succeeds. Majestic execution. 10/10 (score: 96.82%)

Breakfire
Amazing MA file. Interesting all around and very well put in terms of patterns. 10/10 (score: 99.77%)

Castle of Affair
Nicely done file, the triple holds between the stream are tricky :P 9/10 (score: 98.75%)

Escapes
Pretty meh file overall. Nothing special about the song or steps. Oni is pretty much just a stamina training and i quit out of it pretty soon 5/10 (score: 98.02%)

Exam Cram
Maybe one day. Digging that banner.

Exothermic
Not bad, the first section with ossa syndrome really ruins it though. 6/10 (score: 96.93%)

Falling Falls
Nice short and intense file, i liked it 7/10 (score: 92.43%)

Fuck that Shit
Awesome jumpstream file. I'm a sucker for these kind of files. 8/10 (score: 98.97%)

Goretrance 3
Damn, pretty draining file. I'll try it again when i'm warmed up, overall okay 7/10 (score: 80.99%)

Guren no Yumiya
lol ok i don't think i'll ever like these dump files

I have a bad case… of diarrhea
lmao at the song and steps. 3/10 (score: 92.52%)

iro wa jyou he to sasou
Draining but fun 7/10 (score: 90.22%)

kaerimichi
Mad fun. Maybe it's just me, but this file plays wonderfully. 9/10 (score: 98.25%)

katayouku no tori
mi arms, wrists and fingers are in pain, but this is a well put file and poses a reasonable challenge. 8/10

Lazy Susan
Good file, would play again 8/10 (score: 93.21%)

Let this Go
At the start it felt really awesome, and it kept being that way until 1/3 of the file, when the horrible freezes came along. When the melody started to repeat, and i noticed i wasn't even half into the file, i quit out. Learn to cut your songs 2/10 (would have been 9/10 if properly cut and without freezes)

Man Made Disaster
I'll pass it one day. Very well put file. 9/10

Marty's Tardis
May very well be the best file of the pack. Amazing 10/10 (score: 95.82%)

Monocyclefromhell
um.. ok? is this file serious? >_> 0/10

Nichismoke
best file ever made 20/10 would give my babies

No Disguise
Endless jumpstream/10 (score: 94.28%)

Pink Nightmares
Damn that quad hold with shit in between was tricky. Overall nice file 7/10 (score: 98.17%)

Piss me a river jesus
umm, ok… *walks away*

Prepare for attack
Well, this was a bit repetitive but i liked the patterns. 8/10 (score: 98.47%)

Radioactive
The slow sections are maybe too slow, also dump file so automatically 0/10 (score: 82.72%)

Rolling Girl
Not very interesting, don't like vocaloid songs. Quit out.

Schlimme Dinge
Gah. This song. Quit out. Why don't you cut this? Too damn long and annoying.

Sigatrev
Love this. I'm gonna pass this bitch soon <3 9/10

Speedfucker
RIP jumpstream - not bad 7/10

Superluminal
After a couple tries i passed it Love this song and the chart gives it justice 8/10 (score: 88.42%)

Tesla Coil
Very cool gimmicky file! 10/10 (score: 93.97%)

The limit does not exist
Of course not, but for now this is mine. Cool patterns 8/10

The Red and White
lost at 4%

Tonari no Totoro
why ruin this song? Nice file 8/10 (score: 99.31%)

Tongues
zzz

UKF Dubstep VIP Tutorial
ok, lol (score: 91.05%)

Watashi ni nande? ….
crazy fun 9/10

When the cicadas cry
Nice file but it's so monochromatic i started to drift off while playing it… and ended up at the end of the song with no memory of how i did it. 7/10 (score: 96.39%)

Winnipeg
no way i am going to play 3600 steps of THIS.

With a dance number
I could imagine a completely different stepping approach for almost every section of the song. Mildly dislike your take. 5/10

Xenochrist
died at 5%, i'm improving

Xeus
WHy those jacks all of a sudden? Really mang… 6/10 just for that difficulty spike (score: 98.42%)

The traveller
such a diverse and original cornandbeans song!! it will for sure make up for a real interesting stepmanias!!11!1!11!!!!!11!!

Overall this pack has quite a lot of good files, but it was a bit hit and miss. Some files could have really used a cut, and not all files were pack-worthy imo. Still, these issues aside, i'll definitely play this stuff again, and i compliment everyone who organized and submit to it.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #48
Skwid1
FFR Player

Quote:
Bitch i look like goku
negative infinity/10
LOL
Old 09-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #49
Wafles
FFR Player

Wow cool did you really just review every file? haha

Thanks for the feedback man, we plan on improving more in the future with our files.

I'm a little bummed that no one likes Bad Boy, I love that file
Old 09-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #50
DefTeaMachine
beatboxing ninja hobo
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

I got 3 10s !!!
success!

SEND YOUR REJECTED FILES HERE

Play my (discontinued) game
DefTeaMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #51
James May
FFR Player

mollo, the file (monocycle) is suppose to show its extreme oddity which is why it doesn't seem serious at first lmfao.

and lol at nichismoke's review xd.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #52
rCaliberGX
D7 Elite Keymasher

Quote:
Brainfog - 10/10
w0t

brb while i go squee for the next 5 minutes

also i give nichismoke 4/20 for poor pitch relevancy, layering, hold usage and a quarter of the steps going to nothing

<3
Old 09-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #53
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Staiain Send a message via MSN to Staiain Send a message via Skype™ to Staiain

I've played through half the pack, I'd say this is better than I originally thought
Staiain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #54
James May
FFR Player

fun fact: I stepped Nichismoke when I was high lmfao

Old 09-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #55
Wafles
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
fun fact: I stepped Nichismoke when I was high lmfao
Drugs are bad for you.

But good for obnoxious files apparently.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #56
rCaliberGX
D7 Elite Keymasher

ok first batch of reviews. take my ratings with a grain of salt (read: the whole shaker) because i don't have much critiquing experience.

A Broken Heart Can Mend (7/10) - Like Mollo said, drags on a bit, and I see you cut it; I can't help but feel this shouldn't have been in a pack for difficult files especially comparing the huge difficulty range from this to the hardest files. Still pretty well made though, with good layering. TBH this should have been submitted to Stepping Stones because of how easy it is.

Accept Your Fate Now (9/10) - IMO one of the best files in the pack. Though I personally despise files with a ridiculous amount of jump/hand jacks, this manages to make it very fun for me to play without being obnoxiously difficult, while still having proper layering. PS this review (and Escapes) is biased because I already love Foreground Eclipse/Draw the Emotional and I screamed when I saw this and Escapes in the song list.

Applejack Fucks 400 Apple Trees (7/10) - I don't like pony music, but this one doesn't vomit voice samples from the show everywhere so it's fine by me. I see what you did with the 3[34]3 jacks, but I would have changed the patterns for each repetition. Almost all the jacks (though not many) are on the right hand so some variation would have been nice. In the intro, you have some ghost notes(?) with the 16th lead, but I guess that was done to spike the difficulty a bit.

Archetype (7.9/10) - First of all, I love you for stepping this song and getting at least one She song in the pack. The concept of the song is pretty satisfying to listen to, but the whole song is literally the same theme repeated at different BPMs for 3 minutes. Well made file, but limited by song choice.

Bad Boy (7/10) - Good song choice, but like others said, needs a cut. I personally would have been fine with a full version if the 2nd/3rd beatdowns had more variation in the steps and music, but that isn't the case and it ends up being repetitive. I know you layered more in the 3rd beatdown, but you still have the same sounds repeated again. The 1st/3rd break are a bit retarded, 16th wristjacks for 15 seconds (and right hand 32nd trills on the 3rd break) are boring and screw up good runs for stupid reasons. Variation in these would be nice, also. 2nd break is good, though. I like what you did with the freezes there.

Bgrusko Meow (7/10) - I see what you tried to represent with the mines, but IMO the sounds they go to should have either been ignored or represented with 192nd miniholds or something. Pitch relevancy seems to be ignored for the most part, (from what I can tell) especially during the area where you have the long freezes before the 12th section.

bitch i look like goku (900/1) - I might appreciate this more when I can pass it lol, but the areas I can do seem pretty fun to play.

Bitches (8/10) - I like the layering and colour theory used here, thought I think you could have been more aggressive with the layering in some places (preview section). Not much to say for this.

Brainfog (nope/10) - My file.

Breakfire (9.5/10) - Very very fun to play, and good accuracy practice. Pattern choice is smooth and flows well. Only con I can think of is the low quality MP3.

Castle of Affair (8.5/10) - The triple holds in the streams are tricky, but justified. I think some of the percussion in the slower portions could have been layered differently (i.e the clap in the ending)

Escapes [Heavy] (8.5/10) - Fun and has decent pattern choice, but it's a bit lacking in the jacks considering the song choice. I'm not sure what the 8ths in the ending are going to,

Escapes [Oni] (7.77777777777777/10) - This really should have been rerated to 17 or 18 considering how many jacks are in the song and the incredible stamina/control required to hit them. It's a bit overlayered (understatement), though that can be justified by saying the jumps go to the rhythm guitar.

more to come soon, i really don't have enough time to play every song at one time atm.

Last edited by rCaliberGX; 09-14-2013 at 08:12 PM..
Old 09-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #57
Skwid1
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by rCaliberGX View Post
Escapes [Oni] (7.77777777777777/10) - This really should have been rerated to 17 or 18 considering how many jacks are in the song and the incredible stamina/control required to hit them. It's a bit overlayered (understatement), though that can be justified by saying the jumps go to the rhythm guitar.
Yeah the ratings are kinda wonky depending on who's playing, since it's pure opinion between Wafles and I. Minijacks are one of my strongest points and I can consistently AA it pretty easily, so I don't consider it that hard, and Wafles can't really play it, so.... lol.

That chart exists because I love that song and thought the easier chart was too easy, and I love kr/jp files, so I just overlayered the shit out of it with hand/jumpjacks.

Also yeah Draw the Emotional and Foreground Eclipse are amazing. I'm considering stepping the original Escapes for the next pack, depending on whether or not the chart ends up being too similar.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #58
Wafles
FFR Player

I got a really high B/pass on Escapes Oni last time I played it
Old 09-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #59
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
With a dance number
I could imagine a completely different stepping approach for almost every section of the song. Mildly dislike your take. 5/10
That's what makes stepping great

A bit sad you don't agree with my approach, but eh, can't please everyone.

Edit: Only chart that hasn't inspired me to quit out due to boredom or confusion is Escapes. Played around 14 different charts. Even then Escapes isn't that great to my taste.

Last edited by XelNya; 09-14-2013 at 10:51 PM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #60
Wafles
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Edit: Only chart that hasn't inspired me to quit out due to boredom or confusion is Escapes. Played around 14 different charts. Even then Escapes isn't that great to my taste.
Pardon me if I take everything you say with a grain of salt. I've seen some of your other posts lately.
You're free to not bother submitting anything to the next one if you don't like it at all.

There's a difference between constructive criticism and just being a blatant asshole about it.

Last edited by Wafles; 09-15-2013 at 12:01 AM..