Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2006, 05:38 PM   #1
User6773

Default Hidden Immunity TWG

HIDDEN IMMUNITY TWG

This is an idea for a special TWG. The rules are normal, except for the following adjustments:

16 players: 3 wolves, seer, channeler.

Everyone is stranded on a desert island. Somewhere on the island is a Hidden Immunity Statue. The desert is divided up into 100 plots of land.

Every night, everyone gets to dig one of the plots of land looking for the hidden immunity statue. The plots are numbered 1-100, and the statue is placed (randomly) at one of those spots. You dig at a plot by PMing the host with the plot number you want to dig at.

If the person digs in the correct spot, they find the hidden immunity statue and it's considered to be "in their possession" for the rest of the game.

Every morning the host reveals 15 numbers at random where the statue is NOT. This number eventually goes down (so the number revealed goes down.) This helps narrow down the field of search.

It works like this:
Morning 1: 15 numbers revealed
Morning 2: 15 numbers revealed
Morning 3: 10 numbers revealed
Morning 4: 10 numbers revealed
Morning 5: 5 numbers revealed
Morning 6: 5 numbers revealed
Morning 7: 5 numbers revealed

This eventually evens out that there's a 75% chance the statue will be found sometime during the game, if it plays out to the end.

If more than one person digs where the statue is, one of them randomly gets the statue and the others learn that the statue was found, but not who found it.

Wolves and humans can both search for the statue, and they can both use it. This is certain to cause paranoia.

Here's how the statue works: If the person who has the statue is lynched, the statue is automatically played. The person who had the statue is not only saved from the lynch, but they get to lynch a person of their choice - anyone.

The statue can be given to anyone at any time during the day or night. Therefore the person who has the statue has to send a PM at night deciding if they want to keep it or give it up. If they give it up during the daytime, the change is effective as soon as I get the PM. This includes the final minutes of daytime.

You are allowed to "auto-protect" multiple people with the statue. During the daytime, the person with the statue can say "If X gets lynched, I want to hand him the statue right before he's lynched." This is a legal move. Auto-protects stay in place until they're changed by the person who set them - this includes multiple days. If you want to remove an auto-protect, PM the host.

If X gives the statue to Y to save Y from the lynch, then Y gets to pick who gets lynched instead, not X.

The channeler protects the person who has the statue. As long as the channeler is still alive, the person who has the statue cannot be wolfed. If the channeler has the statue, he is immune to wolfing and immune to lynching. (However, if the channeler gets "lynched", he loses the statue, and even though he gets saved from the lynch, he is no longer protected by himself. So he can easily be wolfed. This prevents the channeler from proving humanity by getting the statue and daring everyone to lynch him.)

If the channeler is dead and the person who had the statue gets wolfed, the wolves get the statue by stealing it from his corpse. Ouch. This sounds like a harsh penalty, but I feel it counterbalances the power of the channeler.

RULE CLARIFICATION: Wolfing takes place before the dig. So if you dug at spot 42, and the statue was there, and you got wolfed the same night you dug there, and the channeler is alive (granting wolf protection to whoever has the statue), you die and the statue stays where it was. An unlikely scenario, but I figured it deserved clarification nonetheless.

Thoughts?

(Yes, I know this steals ideas from the most recent season of Survivor. But I think it's a cool premise.)

Last edited by User6773; 04-28-2006 at 07:13 PM..
Old 04-16-2006, 05:57 PM   #2
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164
Default Re: Hidden Immunity TWG

I like it. It'd be interesting to try. Get a hosting signup when blah's game is over so we can try it.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:19 AM   #3
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Are the 15 numbers revealed by the host the same numbers that other players dug at or are they ones that nobody touched?
Old 04-17-2006, 01:23 PM   #4
User6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymatrixcounter
Are the 15 numbers revealed by the host the same numbers that other players dug at or are they ones that nobody touched?
They're random - you might have already dug there.

The same number is never revealed twice, though (if it's revealed that the statue isn't at 34, it won't be revealed later that the statue isn't at 34.)
Old 04-17-2006, 04:46 PM   #5
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit

Sounds too random to me.

I dislike adding big elements of chance to games like this. I would instead suggest just giving the statue to a human at the start of the game, and forgoing the digging aspect entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seinno
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:49 PM   #6
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

But there's an appreciable chance that nobody will get the statue.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:11 PM   #7
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

You could just let everyone dig at so many places. Like if there are 16 players, let them choose a "block" of numbers at signups. (5 numbers for instance, not necessarily in order they could be 5,45,76,89,97 for example) That way 20 numbers aren't picked and there's the chance of no one getting it and having it be random.

I really like the idea because I think there needs to be something that a human can do to give them a reason to be more active and this type of thing could do such a thing.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:08 PM   #8
User6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter
But there's an appreciable chance that nobody will get the statue.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com
I chose the numbers I did after I did a lot of calculations. The way it works out now, the statue has a 75% chance of being found sometime during the game. The chance that it has already been found starts low and gets progressively higher. Therefore, more and more paranoia should be going around as the game goes on about who has the statue.

Also, the 75% chance doesn't take into account the possibility of people working together to find the statue. If they do, that chance goes up significantly.

Also, I like the fact that the statue might be found immediately, or might not be found before Day 4. It creates uncertainty...and it's the uncertainty that I think will make this game really interesting.

I also think it will provide lots of opportunity for people to fake having the statue for whatever purpose. One possibility might be to insinuate that you have the statue so the wolves avoid you. Another possibility might be for the channeler to fake having the statue and come out as the channeler (risky, but a definite possible strategy in some circumstances.) Also, it could be interesting if two people work together to find the statue...and one person finds it and doesn't tell the other.

RULE CLARIFICATION: Wolfing takes place before the dig. So if you dug at spot 42, and the statue was there, and you got wolfed the same night you dug there, and the channeler is alive (granting wolf protection to whoever has the statue), you die and the statue stays where it was. An unlikely scenario, but I figured it deserved clarification nonetheless.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:58 PM   #9
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan

I like it. I'd play. Then again, I've been waiting for Chardish to host again for a long time.
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
whorlichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:09 PM   #10
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I like the idea of baton pass immunity, but the random element doesn't appeal to me. TWG should be about skill, manipulation, ability to read people. It shouldn't be about random luck.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:16 PM   #11
User6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
I like the idea of baton pass immunity, but the random element doesn't appeal to me. TWG should be about skill, manipulation, ability to read people. It shouldn't be about random luck.
Well, role selection is already random, and holding the statue is basically holding a special role. This just makes it so that it's semi-random when the role is assigned.