Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #81
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Re: ODIPack3 Simfile Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
this is a great example because I find a lot of fancy recipes really gross. this is very similar to my simfile preferences (I love dump files, much like I love mcdonalds rofl)
nothing wrong with liking junk food/fast food/etc. it's all full of the basic stuff we find delicious, such as sugar, fat, msg, etc. these things might seem "gross" to some people but there's no denying that these are things that almost all people find delicious to some degree

similarly, many "dump" files have patterns that are just really fun to hit by themselves. they may or may not fit the music, but the patterns themselves are already fun, and when they have a degree of difficulty that challenges people that look for it, their appeal is no mystery

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #82
04im
FFR Player

taco bell 69c diarrhea inducing burritos

so good so guilty
Old 05-29-2013, 11:54 PM   #83
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

I ate all three of the new taco bell grillers or whatever those new things you can get for a dollar are called and man were those some firey poops
Old 05-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #84
04im
FFR Player

ring of fire as we like to call it
Old 05-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #85
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

beefy
spicy
chunky

just like the three new grillers....

it all makes sense
Old 05-30-2013, 12:30 AM   #86
cedolad
moonchild~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

choofy
Old 05-30-2013, 12:51 AM   #87
04im
FFR Player

yumm
Old 05-30-2013, 01:43 AM   #88
moches
FFR Player

review files guys
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:12 AM   #89
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

don't have that, what pack is it in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:23 AM   #90
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Relax I might play a few more tomorrow.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:44 AM   #91
04im
FFR Player

tryna finish shit but too busy playing dragon's prophet obt (soon)
Old 05-30-2013, 03:48 AM   #92
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

just read and very much enjoyed zagh's reviews lol. "derpy bursty drum shit" conjures a certain kind of chart all right.

i will say that while a chart being seemingly arbitrarily difficult and dense is an incredibly valid criticism, there is a huge pressure on simfile artists to err toward "more difficult" when considering how to approach a chart. the simple reason being, most active, score-posting players on this site can probably AAA the bulk of this pack in one or two tries (and this is a HARD pack), and when there's 100 new files for you to get the same score on every few months you inevitably start drifting back to playing files with more competitive variance (dump packs, basically)

the best solution is plainly to include easier charts for every file, perhaps as far as Beginner, but the logistics of motivating people who will never, ever play those easier charts and pulling that off are insane without somehow the promise that the pack will be distributed and played much more widely than within this community
Old 05-30-2013, 04:00 AM   #93
04im
FFR Player

im up for a Easy2AAA Pack Vol. 1
Old 05-30-2013, 04:11 AM   #94
moches
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04im View Post
I would honestly love this.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:30 AM   #95
04im
FFR Player

ya and if ppl dont feel challenged enough they could just call it Quadbait Pack Vol. 1
Old 05-30-2013, 04:39 AM   #96
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04im View Post
i would have so much to submit
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:17 AM   #97
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

I've never reviewed any pack in forever and i'm more than halfway through this. It's taking an atrocious amount of time, i fear by the time i complete it no one will give a fuck anymore
Old 05-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #98
moches
FFR Player

you can always post stuff as you go! I had to post my review in six chunks because it was taking me so long to get through everything : D
Old 05-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #99
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

Moches - i already posted a beginning of my review in the other thread but now i'd rather post a complete review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
well fuck

pce out I'm done and I'm taking kommi w/ me

glhf
nooo dont go we <3 u
Old 05-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #100
Mr. Bob
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post
zen - Mr. BOB! this is pretty great, really brutal file with some tricky patterns. maybe a bit too few jumps to justify all of those hands but that's more of the song than anything else, great to see you back.
ilu moches

also hey look a few file reviews

number ratings are arbitrary but pretty much refer to how much i enjoyed the file as a whole

BAMBOUS - i thought this file was getting redundant at first, but over time i really grew to enjoy it. the freezes were effective: 8.5/10

BLUE ROSE - technically, this file is probably perfect. as far as my hands go, i was overwhelmed; i'm not really good enough to enjoy this file to its fullest, so anything else i would say here would seem unwarranted. this is another one of those files i will have to come back to in the future, sooo: 8/10

CLASH - pretty much a perfect swing/shuffle/whatever file. nothing else to say, other than that it's fun and has replay value: 9/10

FAR EAST NIGHTBIRD - i had to quit out like three times due to external distractions, but once i was fortunate enough to finish the file i enjoyed it. i thought the mines did well to provide tension: 8.5/10

FIVE REGRETS - somewhat typical if that means anything, but still nice: 8/10

GO! GO! MANIAC - i was really getting into this file until it began to grow monotonous; i felt it meandered on and on, but for what it was it was still solid. maybe if the track was cut in half i would have enjoyed it more: 7.5/10

I'LL FORGET YOU, YOU'LL NEVER FORGET ME - glove: this file never became very engaging, but for what it was i enjoyed the use of jacks: 8/10 - 137: i feel about this file just as i do glove's chart really: 8/10

INSECT DIGESTION MELANCHOLY - this file could have been sooo much more subtle; rather, it felt simultaneously overwhelming and kind of boring: 7/10

KONA-YTA-MINA-TANGS BE ALTERED SCALE - all i can really say about this file is that it was fun and that the color scheme did make things more interesting: 8/10

LASTE TESTAMENTE OF TWELFTH MOTHER - a file by one of the very few artists whose files i can actually recognize by style alone!! pretty enjoyable, nothing else to say: 8/10

LAVERAN NO SHOKUTAKU - oni: i really hated this file at first (maybe because at one point on sightread i hit like fifty perfects in a row) but then stockholm syndrome set in and i grew to love those weird triplet rolls. somehow i think this has become one of my favorite files in the pack so far hmmmmm: 9/10

LOST NOT FORGOTTEN - another great dream theater file with really enjoyable solo patterns!! my two major complaints would be the jumps at the end (probably just because i'm terrible at hitting them really) and the fact that labrie's vocals become audible after the file is over, but the latter is the song's fault and couldn't really have been avoided provided the cut, so w/e: 9/10. by the way the tree in the photo i used for the graphics comes from my aunt's backyard *fun fact*

NTH DEGREE - definitely a file i will come back to. i generally don't care so much for mines, but mine usage and pattern usage were my two favorite things about this file: 9/10

SANE TO MORE - regardless of its diminutive length, this file is perfect. those guitar solos are so much fun ahhhh: 9.5/10

SPORTS - this is pretty much one of the few files in this pack i've even come close to aaaing omg; i really enjoyed how the keytar solo was rendered, or whatever it was: 8/10

ST. ALPHONZO'S PANCAKE BREAKFAST/FATHER O'BLIVION - i remember trying to step st. alphonzo like three years ago and it was a nightmare, so the fact alone you successfully synced both it and father o'blivion is commendable. this file plays just as i hoped it would; it's really great: 9.5/10

SWING SET - again pretty much exactly what i was hoping it to be?? the tapping segment in particular is just great: 10/10

ZEN - i should have made the mp3 louder: myfile/10

===KARMA-FIED!=== - as fun and vivid and creative as this file is, in this case the marathon length was a bit much and it didn't leave enough of an impression on me to have me flocking back instantly for more. regardless, the file itself is great and the patterns seem excellent; maybe another day!: 7.5/10

i'll try to review some others later on. favorites presently include Laveran no Shokutaku, Sane To More, St. Alphonzo and Swing Set

even though half of this pack is too much for someone at my arrowsmashing ability (pretty crummy), it is one i will be sure to come back to often. this pack is wonderful, seriously, so kudos to everyone involved
Mr. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote