Nothing out of the norm atm
haven't touched my computer for a month

4hrs

Alice (B rabbit) from pandora hearts anime

inspired by http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL_mN_88vyc
kiseki 2hrs

still getting use to my tablet cause of hiatus

dA contest "I Dream"

Last edited by Renevatia; 06-30-2009 at 10:40 PM..
Renevatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:36 AM   #2
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: Recent works

only complaint is the hand. other than that very nice
Old 06-21-2009, 04:27 AM   #3
Renevatia
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

hmm hand seems fine to me..body needs help tho D:
Old 06-21-2009, 08:32 AM   #4
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

First picture:
Alot of the stuff is covered making them seem like they're out of proportion, like the left leg (from her point of view) looks really thin compared to the right leg cause of the dress covering part of the right leg.
Right leg is a bit too tilted to connect to the hips I think, unless she has big hips like that. :P
The bow is covering a portion of the torso, and you can't make out what is behind it. Cause of that I get the impression that the torso is a bit big.
The joint of the thumb seems displaced a tad bit making the hand look fat.
My last point of criticism would be the shoulder, it's too high making it look a bit cramped.

Second picture:
It looks good aside from the left boob being cut off, and the short looking legs.

I like the first pic better though, it looks more finished than the other one imo, nice and crisp outlining etc.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:17 AM   #5
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

First picture: The enlarged square on the left, seems as though it's in a very awkward place on the face, primarily where it cuts off the eye. Seems it needs to be moved either left or right a bit and either include more of the eye, or get rid of it altogether.
Another is the beforementioned hand, it seems too small to be proportionate to the arm, which I feel is mainly due to the forearm's lack of tapering as it nears the wrist.
And lastly is pretty much the bottom half of the picture...the legs...the white section of dress...you rushed it, and it shows. The shading on both items is completely lacking in comparison with any other section of the character. Seems it might look better if you were to shade the white portion of dress more like the ribbon on her chest, with more folds and wrinkles I think you could pull off a very nice flowing effect....which I feel is important in this piece because the whole body gives off this big SHWOOSH feeling, so the dress is a big part of this emphasis.

Second picture: I REALLY DON'T LIKE THE MOUTH. Please shade it in, needs to be much darker on the inside of the mouth. The only way a mouth would even light up like that would to be to have a light source right in front of it, which its not.
The hand on the left seems very thick, very manly, slim it down a bit to give more femininity to it. The leg on the right is very disproportionate in comparison to its counterpart. Definitely thicken it up a bit, and like what was said before, looks too short, either that or you cant tell at all that the knee is bent to give any sort of distancing feeling. The skirt doesn't cover the leg on the right, you should at least be able to see -some- part of it. Fix the hand on the right so that it doesn't look like she may have 6 fingers. Actually fix that hand in general, its just really sloppy.

That's my two cents. The first one is obviously better. It looks as though you wanted to refine the second one at some point, but then just said eff it. I like em though 6.8/10

Last edited by darkshark; 06-23-2009 at 05:20 AM..
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Is she only supposed to have 1 arm?
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:37 PM   #7
Djr Rap dancer
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Is she only supposed to have 1 arm?
Be cool with this draw.
She lose 1 arm in a car accident rolf
This is why see look so sad.

"Don't do this..."
"Don't do what?"
Djr Rap dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:58 PM   #8
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djr Rap dancer View Post
Be cool with this draw.
She lose 1 arm in a car accident rolf
This is why see look so sad.
Please do us all a favor and never post again.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:40 AM   #9
Renevatia
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

first of all rofl

and then..to the explanations
some may argue, good illustrations don't need explanations
you are right, i still have quite a bit to go

all that said

these are only meant to be somewhat like rough sketches instead of something that is final so ya, I left some stuff out (the shading in the mouth for example)

first pic: hand is not gone, its on the opposite side of the body, so she is kind of arching her shoulders, yes more flowy is needed, I actually added the bottom of the skirt thing (white part) last, and relined it, so that is probably why it looks unatural

second hand: her legs, its actually fairly in proportion, the part that you think is her right foot, is actually her left, the other edge is just part of the garment all the way from her knees, she is not wearing boots, so you actually dont see the end of the right leg. It did look kind of weird to me when I looked at it when i finished, i immediately assumed that it was 2 different feet, I can't really fix that, due to the pose.

these two are actually from almost completely different approaches, the second one was suppose to look more finished, but i couldn't bring myself to actually refining all the edges within the painted figure.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #10
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

You cannot tell me the leg on the right (second picture) is proportionate to the other. Not only does it appear shorter, but it also appears thinner. The way you're speaking about this piece hints that you had a reference photo for the position. Even if it looks dead on the reference positioning, doesn't mean it translated well into your piece and changes and tweaks must be made to accommodate for these ill translations. Fix the damn mouth. xD
Old 06-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #11
PMS-Chidori!
FFR Player

what program do you use for coloring and such.
EDIT: Awesome i can use my tablet for playing ffr !

Last edited by PMS-Chidori!; 06-24-2009 at 08:36 PM..
PMS-Chidori! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:27 PM   #12
Renevatia
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

no reference for the pose, but I am sure someone somewhere has photos of similar pose, just some costume refs.
too lazy to ref for poses xD

this would probably explain the legs better than what I can word.

basically I drew the shoe black
Old 06-30-2009, 10:42 PM   #13
Renevatia
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Will just keep posting here for a while i suppose.

still working on the 'add detail' step xD
Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 PM   #14
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

yeah ds is right it isnt proportionate. maybe you just failed at trying to create depth in the leg as though it's further back. I'm thinking that's what you did. but your style has a lot of proportional issues so it really isn't of the upmost importance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2009, 12:22 AM   #15
Renevatia
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I think this was what you guys was talking about
and I think this picture explains it

if this wasn't the 'error' you were talking about, please clarify, and I will take note for future references or try to explain what the illustrations themselves weren't able to.
Old 07-1-2009, 03:49 AM   #16
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

I got that. but look at the thigh and distance from the center of the hips. she's turned slightly so it should extend more, not less. unless it's coming up more than I think, in which case the lighting and shading needs to be rearranged to portray that.
Quote:
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Old 07-1-2009, 03:52 AM   #17
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

and her right (my left) hand is total crap as previously stated, sorry. the last one I think would look better without the filters.
Quote: