Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-6-2011, 05:00 AM   #401
Movman
FFR Player

Default Re: 6th Official FFR Tournament - Signups are open!

How do u sign up!
Movman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2011, 05:19 AM   #402
Xayphon
sausage
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Read the first post people

ya
Xayphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2011, 05:51 AM   #403
eddieownz
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to eddieownz Send a message via Yahoo to eddieownz

wow this is fucced. i cant practice for 3 f-ing days, bc a few days ago i sharpened my buddies saw blade with a dremel and didn't put safety glasses on like a douche bag, well a piece of metal hit me in the eye i rubbed it thought nothing of it. that last 2 days my eyes been hurting hella bad and ive been practicing the last 2 days its really hard to play when you got to blink every 5 seconds seriously. so tonight i went to the ER bc i didn't want to do bad for the tournament (seriously) the doctor comes in with this stupid eye machine and looks in my eye and was a douche bc i couldn't open my eye, hate doctors, any way turns out i got a chunk of metal right next to my puple he took it out and now i got a crater where my piece of metal goes he gave me some eye shit but no pain killers, ***. now i only got one eye i can open i cant see anything out of the other.... this is stupid, im still gunna try. wish me luck and don't laugh at my daily stats cuz they are gunna be trash
eddieownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2011, 07:22 AM   #404
xXAll-ProXx
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieownz View Post
wow this is fucced. i cant practice for 3 f-ing days, bc a few days ago i sharpened my buddies saw blade with a dremel and didn't put safety glasses on like a douche bag, well a piece of metal hit me in the eye i rubbed it thought nothing of it. that last 2 days my eyes been hurting hella bad and ive been practicing the last 2 days its really hard to play when you got to blink every 5 seconds seriously. so tonight i went to the ER bc i didn't want to do bad for the tournament (seriously) the doctor comes in with this stupid eye machine and looks in my eye and was a douche bc i couldn't open my eye, hate doctors, any way turns out i got a chunk of metal right next to my puple he took it out and now i got a crater where my piece of metal goes he gave me some eye shit but no pain killers, ***. now i only got one eye i can open i cant see anything out of the other.... this is stupid, im still gunna try. wish me luck and don't laugh at my daily stats cuz they are gunna be trash
This sounds pretty intense, hope you get better. And I suggest you don't participate if it's going to affect your vision in any way. There are tournaments going on almost at any given time, this is just official, which won't really make that much of a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFRGreen View Post
Only Rubix used to beat him.
fixed. I doubt he can even get his skills back after all this time of retirement + his carpal tunnel.
Old 11-6-2011, 07:27 AM   #405
eddieownz
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

yeah well i got to try and practice. im not doing to bad with one eye really and i moved my speed from 1.7x to 1.8 times today and im kicking ass. ive been playing for 3 months i think? well i started right when the site got closed i played for like 2 weeks. then right be for it opened i was playing on the light darkness engine so i really need the practice but thanks for caring <3 i wont push my self to far.

Edit: btw. im going to be the best, lol. i was the best at guitar hero i love these kinds of games im a fast learner and really nerd out on them, ive been playing 8 hours a day on this site and havnt played for that long, 80% of my fcs are 8-10 lvl songs, i random 8-10 songs all day and fc most first try you should practice with me i wanna make a name for my self after this tourney... (atleast try hard)

Last edited by eddieownz; 11-6-2011 at 07:35 AM..
Old 11-6-2011, 07:49 AM   #406
SlayerApocalypse666
Banned
FFR Veteran

Last tournament i asked to be put in a lower tier because i cannot pass round 2 in the official tournaments, i think its BS, i want to compete a while and not be crushed. Oh la la !!!!
SlayerApocalypse666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2011, 07:54 AM   #407
eddieownz
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerApocalypse666 View Post
Last tournament i asked to be put in a lower tier because i cannot pass round 2 in the official tournaments, i think its BS, i want to compete a while and not be crushed. Oh la la !!!!
yeah me to, i can fc up to 10 but i cant tripple a anything lol well i could but im still working on upping speed. but what ever it dont matter to me iim just gunna try my best and see how i do
Old 11-6-2011, 08:20 AM   #408
Darkbreezee
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

same here ... looking forward to see those "battles" ^^
Old 11-6-2011, 08:21 AM   #409
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieownz View Post
Wow that's really unfortunate - it's amazing to see you still invest time into this game with that type of obstacle, but if it's really bad I seriously think you should consider just taking a break.

Also FFRGreen, you need to be careful how you word that (All-Pro noticed it as well) - if you told Marcus to do any decently hard file now, he'd probably have trouble just PASSING. (Of course, this also puts aside a ton of other factors, but that's not needed here)
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2011, 08:21 AM   #410
alloyus
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

It's wayyy better to work on your accuracy rather than improving your speed mod (particularly in your skill legs area and if what you're trying to do is prepare for a tournament. For pretty much all tournaments, the people who do the best are the people who don't just FC, but the people who have good accuracy (although, to be fair, you will have to FC your round's song in this tournament, but I seriously recommend not just trying to improve your speed mod all the time unless it seems really slow, I've tried doing it twice in the past and both times I ended up going back to what I'm used to and skill boosted just because I wasn't ENTIRELY 100% comfortable with the change. Not trying to tell you what to do, just trying to be helpful ))

^FFP_D0pey btw
alloyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2011, 08:35 AM   #411
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloyus View Post
It's wayyy better to work on your accuracy rather than improving your speed mod (particularly in your skill legs area and if what you're trying to do is prepare for a tournament. For pretty much all tournaments, the people who do the best are the people who don't just FC, but the people who have good accuracy (although, to be fair, you will have to FC your round's song in this tournament, but I seriously recommend not just trying to improve your speed mod all the time unless it seems really slow, I've tried doing it twice in the past and both times I ended up going back to what I'm used to and skill boosted just because I wasn't ENTIRELY 100% comfortable with the change. Not trying to tell you what to do, just trying to be helpful ))
This. The fact that FFR is a combo based scoring game stresses that FCing any song is a better score than scores with great accuracy but a few misses. However, those who continue to try an maintain that great accuracy tends to excel at an unfathomable rate. I remembered that in the 5th Official tournament, I was placed in D3 even though I cannot FC 7's at the time. By strictly focusing on accuracy, I came out of that tournament being able to AAA 10s consistently, even though I placed 40th of 300ish people. I really hope situations similar to this will happen in this tournament.
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2011, 09:03 AM   #412
eddieownz
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

thanks dossar for the thought. im not going to push my self to where im going to go blind or nothing that shit would suck, but i can still see a little out of my eye and i just need the light for my equilibrium, if it starts hurting ill take a break

alloyus and iironiic

i understand what you guys are saying, im just randoming songs and learning more spreads and playing new files to get a taste of everything, im fc all the songs first be for i aaa them bc this will give me the skil to do it, i do good on fc i don't just mash the keys i try and hit them as well, after i fc all the songs im going to aaa, but im going to try and practice aaa for now and take the advice bc yeah its gunna be a aaa fest lol. the speed i was rising bc it is slow and the notes are to close for me to be accurate, im hoping to get to 1.85 for the tourney, no matter what im going to try my hardest and try and take a shit on all of you haha jk, thanks for the advice
Old 11-6-2011, 01:19 PM   #413
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

switched to the windows classic theme (finally) so no more lag on the standalone, watch out D6 \o/
Old 11-6-2011, 01:41 PM   #414
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

LOL ALEXDEST FROM NOWHERE here we go. I'm ready to see how this all plays out. I've been telling people to switch to classic theme forever now rofl. It reduces lag more than people think.
Old 11-6-2011, 01:57 PM   #415
snlrock2
Yaoi Destroyer
FFR Veteran

yay im in!!!this is my 2nd tourney.first 1 was zekramcross fire and lightning
snlrock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2011, 02:10 PM   #416
xXAll-ProXx
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDest View Post
switched to the windows classic theme (finally) so no more lag on the standalone, watch out D6 \o/
I love how you made a vid of yourself deleting all of your SM files and convinced everyone that you're quitting for good, and now you're back and ready to pwn ffr.
Old 11-6-2011, 02:20 PM   #417
Emithith
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
LOL ALEXDEST FROM NOWHERE here we go. I'm ready to see how this all plays out. I've been telling people to switch to classic theme forever now rofl. It reduces lag more than people think.
Unless you have my shitty computer. I have GB, Windows Classic theme, and no processes that I don't need up, and still lag. lmao
Emithith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2011, 05:42 PM   #418
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
I think all three of them have signed up, actually.
I didn't sign up.. oops

(btw where my t-shirt at)

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2011, 05:44 PM   #419
Poison-
Nope

Leo sign up please.
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2011, 06:07 PM   #420
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Up to 356 signups now, starting to slow down. I had guessed we'd prob get about 500 signups total for this one. Looks like it may be on track to hit about that many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote