Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2004, 10:35 AM   #21
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Yeah...right after Konami, Square Enix is probably the most successful game design company ever (well, it was two extremely successful game designers, now it's just one uber-good game designer). It's gotten to the point where they don't even need to try anymore- a game comes out from Square Enix, and you buy it. Although I've noticed all games by them are still referred to as 'Square' games...bet Enix is pissed.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 10:42 AM   #22
makaveli121212
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to makaveli121212

even if game came out from them that sucked hardcore lovers of square and enix would buy the game...its kinda crazy over there in asia
makaveli121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 09:16 PM   #23
Thy_Dungeonman
FFR Player

The FF movie... I believe storylinewise that the movie, entitled "The Spirits Within" fits in far into the future, even after 7 which I believe to be last on the list of games. Anyhow, this movie results from spirits things that come out of a giant meteor (I'd say the meteor from FF7, but I'm not sure exactly how seven ended...). Also, the cities, if I remember correctly (I haven't seen that movie in a couple years) looked strangely like Midgar.
Also, chardish, if you ever read this message, could you post your reasoning, I'd like to know everyone's opinion on the matter.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:21 AM   #24
altairian
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to altairian Send a message via MSN to altairian

Anti the parent company is called square-enix, they own the company that makes FF (squaresoft)

TD, the games and the movie don't form a continuous storyline. They're all standalone stories (except X and X-2 naturally). You can sit there trying to convince people of this till your ass falls off, but it just won't happen.
The cities looked similar to Midgar because IT'S THE SAME COMPANY MAKING IT. So it was probably some of the same artists. You can't go on the looks because the graphics look similar in all the psx FF games.

You're fishing to make connections that simply aren't there. They explain where the meteor came from in the movie, and nowhere to they make ANY insinuation that it was summoned to the planet. When you have the same people making these games, there's going to be similarities, because everyone has their own style. This is like trying to say that there's connections between all of Stephen King's books. Yes the stories are all written in the same (or very similar) style, and I'm sure you could make connections between the stories if you tried hard enough, but the point is that the author intended no direct connection like you're trying to make.
Reach: there was this bee. i hate bee\'s...i tryed to kill it, but then it didn\'t die and it started making weird noises so i was like oh (#$% hes gonna sting me. i started running but i triped over some rock and rolled down a hill into the river.
altairian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 09:40 PM   #25
Startropics20X6
FFR Player

I'm not trying to convince anyone that there are connections, what I meant was that there were a lot of similarities, enough in some cases to make a connection. If I came off the wrong way I apologize, but you could have stated your argument in a more decent way you know.
Startropics20X6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 09:40 PM   #26
Startropics20X6
FFR Player

oops
Startropics20X6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 09:42 PM   #27
Thy_Dungeonman
FFR Player

sorry bout that I was on my friends name.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:47 PM   #28
chillywilly
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to chillywilly Send a message via MSN to chillywilly

Quote:
You know, I love the games, but it seems like there could only be one FINAL fantasy right? When is there the FINAL one?
they are all final, to each characters fights and struggles. as long as some japanese guy is doing acid and imagining a renasonce (sp?) world with monsters, there will never be a final final fantasy.
chillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 10:02 PM   #29
altairian
FFR Player

chilly, "renaissance"
And actually as far as I know, FFXII is supposed to be the last. Unless they change their mind =)

Sorry my post was kind of rude...it just bothers me when people try to make an argument when they haven't looked deeply enough in to the issue beforehand. Any big FF fan can point out a lot of similarities to you between the games that are intended, such as the use of the names Cid, Biggs, and Wedge (in ff6 they used Vicks instead of Biggs for some reason... bad translation I guess >_< ) and the fact that end bosses always have multiple incarnations, and lots of other stuff. The other thing they will tell you is that the stories have no direct relation. You came off as trying to convince us that you were right (that's how I saw it at least) rather than putting it up for discussion and offering your point of view.
Reach: there was this bee. i hate bee\'s...i tryed to kill it, but then it didn\'t die and it started making weird noises so i was like oh (#$% hes gonna sting me. i started running but i triped over some rock and rolled down a hill into the river.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:04 PM   #30
chillywilly
FFR Player

Quote:
FFXII is supposed to be the last
i wouldnt be surprised. in FFTA, the main emphasis was all good things must come to an end. but square would definitly continue Cid in all the games.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:27 PM   #31
LateralusAngel
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to LateralusAngel Send a message via Yahoo to LateralusAngel

I doubt FFXII will be the last, the series simply has too much standing power for them to just dismiss it. But you're all also missing a very important link between them....although none of the story lines are inter conncected in anways (except X and X-2 granted) they all seem to share summons. Ifirit and Shiva are examples.
I could go on but I won't.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:32 PM   #32
altairian
FFR Player

yes...those are just names. They've used lots of different summons, reused some and never used others again. Summons are one of the "constants" in the FF games, just like the name Cid and many other things.

It was announced a long time ago that FFXII was planned to be the last in the series.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:54 PM   #33
UltimateWeapon
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to UltimateWeapon Send a message via MSN to UltimateWeapon

have to agree there... anything related to ff7 would rock
Old 02-18-2004, 04:30 PM   #34
animeguy
FFR Player

ive heard that FFTA and FF12 (not releasd yet) are connected in the fact that they both are set in ivalice
animeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 06:52 PM   #35
Thy_Dungeonman
FFR Player

So is Tactics the first
Old 02-19-2004, 06:55 PM   #36
chillywilly
FFR Player

yeaqh i saw on the website that they both have the same classics and jobs. i hope they both have the same batlle style too.

anyone know a release date on XII?
Old 02-19-2004, 06:58 PM   #37
Thy_Dungeonman
FFR Player

I think XII will probably have another variation of a turn based system and probably end up more like FF5 battles.

I have no idea on its release date, but it will probably be either Q4 this year or Q1 next year.