Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default High School Musical 3

I hear it set records for most money brought in during opening weekend both for a musical and for a G rated film. I personally have not had a chance to see it yet, but I do intend to at some point. Any of y'all see it yet? Any thoughts?

Also, how gay is it of me to want to see this?
Old 10-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
Flandre Scarlet
Death
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Flandre Scarlet
Default Re: High School Musical 3

I say it's a bunch of over-rated crap, but I haven't even watched it, nor the first two.

I won't see it since basically everything started by Disney Channel is not great, and I oppose the average teenage obsession that girls get in with these movies and shows. Pre-teens get too worked up and convinced into these below-average productions, and I can't stand it.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:28 PM   #3
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

***SPOILERS***
They graduated.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:31 PM   #4
Rubin0
FFR Player

The fact that the main male character wears more makeup than I do on a daily basis scares the crap out of me. I also fear the movie may eat the souls of our youth.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:37 PM   #5
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

EAG HATES the HSM!

Zach Effron can lick my butt. Everyone is obsessed over him and the HSM movies. Makes me sick.

All you HSM lovers don't be offended.
Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him
EAGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:42 PM   #6
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGAMES View Post
*** HATES the HSM!

Zach Effron can lick my butt. Everyone is obsessed over him and the HSM movies. Makes me sick.

All you HSM lovers don't be offended.
So what then, you folks don't like it because it's popular? Tons of things are popular, but that doesn't mean it sucks. When everyone went bat**** for The Dark Knight did you think to yourself, "wow, look at how much people are obsessed over this thing, it must suck balls"?

Not saying it's the same thing or anything, I just hate when people jump on hate bandwagons just because some things are popular or mainstream.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:48 PM   #7
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

Well, I saw the first two because my sisters really like it. They were ok. They just....they're not really meant for people over the age of 14 at the very maximum. Disney had an age group in mind when they made this movie and the other ones, and it went across well. Now if somebody older than 14 went to see it, they on average wouldn't care for it.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:52 PM   #8
operationstrawbarry
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to operationstrawbarry Send a message via MSN to operationstrawbarry

The Girls are hot, the movie is not.

Probably because Im to old for those kinds of movies or those kinds of movies just dont appeal my interest. "Corny" is the key word here.
operationstrawbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:14 PM   #9
MystictheHedgehog
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I saw bits and pieces of all of them, just because half of my friends have to watch them anytime they are on, but I only saw previews for this one. I have to say, that I nearly died laughing during a preview where they are playing the basketball game, and it goes dark and that one chick(don't know any names, sorry) stands up in the audience and Efron starts clutching his chest as they sing to each other...that was beyond lame.
MystictheHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:16 PM   #10
Rubin0
FFR Player

Things that are popular and mainstream tend to be crap. I tend to enjoy 75% of that crap. This just happens to be in the 15% that I loathe.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:20 PM   #11
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!

Just because it's popular I don't like them? No, I don't like it overall. The fact that many are obsessing over it makes me wonder why because I truly don't like the movies. It's always on TV, people are talking about it constantly and it gets a bit irritating after a while.
Quote:
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him
Old 10-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #12
Kairon
Still Defiantly Index
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
So what then, you folks don't like it because it's popular? Tons of things are popular, but that doesn't mean it sucks. When everyone went bat**** for The Dark Knight did you think to yourself, "wow, look at how much people are obsessed over this thing, it must suck balls"?

Not saying it's the same thing or anything, I just hate when people jump on hate bandwagons just because some things are popular or mainstream.
Now, see, I watched Dark Knight and loved every second. I watched part of the original HSM out of sheer morbid curiosity and found it to be absolutely dreadful. Take note: I don't hate things for being popular if they deserve the popularity. That being said, the High School Musical series doesn't even come CLOSE to deserving the success it has garnered.

Don't get me wrong; if you're 8 years old and you find bright colors and happy melodies entertaining, I'm sure you'll find the series delightful, but if you're not the kind of person who's easily distracted by shiny objects there's very little to get excited about. HSM is essentially decent-but-forgettable musical numbers layered between horrendous writing and made-for-TV-movie acting to be baked at 450 degrees for an hour and a half to form a burnt lasagna of mediocrity.

And the people of America have been gobbling that lasagna up like it's f**king haute cuisine. Which is why I'm so annoyed.

Incidentally enough, my friends and I were joking about HSM 3 just the other night. The HSM series is such a gigantic cash cow that there are bound to be a bajillion sequels in what my buddy Mike has referred to as "Land Before Time Syndrome". So we were predicting what the future of the series would be...

High School Musical...
Community College Musical...
Mid-Life Crisis Musical...
Divorce Musical...
Retirement Home Musical...
And finally Death Musical. That one I'd actually buy tickets to.

Of course, since the series would still assuredly be making money, they'd follow that up with Afterlife Musical...

Or do a series of prequels beginning with Preschool Musical....

Who knows where it would stop...

Jesus, we've got to put an end to this thing before it spreads! MAN THE ARTILLERY!!! I WANT ZAC EFRON'S HEAD ON A SPIKE!!!

...and so on and so forth.

i am halfcrash - i make sounds - bandcamp - soundcloud - facebook
Kairon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:31 PM   #13
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MooMoo_Cowfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairon View Post
large post
Pretty much. Got The Land Before Time is so bad it's sad. They're like on 15 now right?

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
MooMoo_Cowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:38 PM   #14
Kairon
Still Defiantly Index
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak View Post
Pretty much. Got The Land Before Time is so bad it's sad. They're like on 15 now right?
13, I think. But it's all academic since the only thing that matters is Bluth, Lucas and Spielberg ditched the series after the first one.

And the first one didn't have any singing.

i am halfcrash - i make sounds - bandcamp - soundcloud - facebook
Kairon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:52 PM   #15
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairon View Post
Now, see, I watched Dark Knight and loved every second. I watched part of the original HSM out of sheer morbid curiosity and found it to be absolutely dreadful. Take note: I don't hate things for being popular if they deserve the popularity. That being said, the High School Musical series doesn't even come CLOSE to deserving the success it has garnered.

Don't get me wrong; if you're 8 years old and you find bright colors and happy melodies entertaining, I'm sure you'll find the series delightful, but if you're not the kind of person who's easily distracted by shiny objects there's very little to get excited about. HSM is essentially decent-but-forgettable musical numbers layered between horrendous writing and made-for-TV-movie acting to be baked at 450 degrees for an hour and a half to form a burnt lasagna of mediocrity.

And the people of America have been gobbling that lasagna up like it's f**king haute cuisine. Which is why I'm so annoyed.

Incidentally enough, my friends and I were joking about HSM 3 just the other night. The HSM series is such a gigantic cash cow that there are bound to be a bajillion sequels in what my buddy Mike has referred to as "Land Before Time Syndrome". So we were predicting what the future of the series would be...

High School Musical...
Community College Musical...
Mid-Life Crisis Musical...
Divorce Musical...
Retirement Home Musical...
And finally Death Musical. That one I'd actually buy tickets to.

Of course, since the series would still assuredly be making money, they'd follow that up with Afterlife Musical...

Or do a series of prequels beginning with Preschool Musical....

Jesus, we've got to put an end to this thing before it spreads! MAN THE ARTILLERY!!! I WANT ZAC EFRON'S HEAD ON A SPIKE!!!

...and so on and so forth.
You have a knack for making me laugh by mocking ****. I'd sig it, but it's too big.

P.S. Land Before Time I-V will never be forgotten.

P.S. Well, maybe V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:54 PM   #16
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

cross post from odi

i dressed up for this movie at the theatre friday and saturday night. we did a dance in front of the entire theatre before the show started. probably the gayest thing i've ever done but it was awesome

reason:
I WORK AT THE THEATRE AND WANTED TO HEAR A BUNCH OF 8 YEAR OLD GIRLS SCREAM OMY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD ITS CHAAAAAD!!!!<3~~``11!! EVEN THOUGH I'M WHITE AS **** AND CHAD IS BLACK AND WE DID A GAY DANCE THAT WE LEARNED IN 15 MINUTES AND DANCED IN FRONT OF THE OPENING SHOW TWICE. BUT IT WAS FUN ANYWAY PEACE
kommisar[os] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:54 PM   #17
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!

Kairon just made my day.
Quote:
Old 10-28-2008, 12:00 AM   #18
trumaestro
I don't get no respect
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGAMES View Post
Kommi just made my day.
fix'd
trumaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:17 PM   #19
welsh_girl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to welsh_girl Send a message via MSN to welsh_girl

I've seen the first 2, one because I was in a friends house drunk thinking " wtf is this "
The secind because I'd just finished work and there was bugger all on Sky and I thought might as well watch it.

I wouldn't actually pay to go and watch something like this, although, good for them for making so much damn money from it.
welsh_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #20
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

land before time 1-4 were the best

my sister loves HSM

i dont