Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-3-2019, 02:16 AM   #1
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

You guys are probably going to hate me for talking -again- about the previous game, but this is bugging me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
wat?? how are you expecting to be in the same situation as last game...? I know you already expanded but I just don't get it at all how it's going to be the same situation this game

also I know a guy named Li Chen I bet he didn't draw that comic though
Quick context about previous game:

- Raeko was Julian(Town Roleblocker) and I was Ricky(Doctor role).
- DBP was the Innocent Child who had to be triggered a certain way which included getting protected by someone.
- On the first night, DBP asked me to protect him without knowing I was a protective role.
- I protected him.
- The next phase, DBP -because he was outed as the IC- made everyone mass claim to him 1 on 1 and took notes that he would later on give to players as he was expecting to get NK'd which he did. (can't protect 2 nights in a row)
- The next phase, me and Raeko received the same notes from DBP.

These are the notes:

1. DaBackpack ---- Trinity, Innocent Child.
2. thesunfan ---- Barbara, targets 3 ppl in the night, learns the name of ONE OF THEM. Fails if roleblocked or if he targets Jim (doesn't learn anything).
3. flashflashaccount ---- Cyrus, strongman, activates after Ray dies. So supposedly he's a strongman currently. (The term "strongman" is never used, it just says "guaranteed kill").
4. mellonxcollie ---- Julian, roleblocker. Upgrades when "Smokes, now" is triggered. Upgrade lets him see what kind of power he roleblocked.
5. MixMasterLar ---- Randy, VT.
6. Hakulyte ---- Ricky, doctor, can upgrade to super doctor when "Smokes, now" is triggered. Upgrade lets him save himself. Cannot target same person twice in a row.
7. Pozzai ---- Trevor. "One-shot jailkeeper, renamed to forced commuter for flavour reasons." (Maybe not a jailkeeper, but turns somebody else into a commuter?)
8. Funnygurl555 ---- Bottle kids, third party. Gets a roleblock every night. Wins if they successfully roleblock a nightkill, an investigation action, and a visiting action. She also learns if she successfully roleblocked a kill or whatever.
9. Wineandbread ---- J-Roc, sends random disc to player. Most likely a fruit vendor character. Almost certainly a miller.
10. Xelicopter ---- Corey, takes a bullet for Julian or Ricky one time. I think he said he was blue.
11. Duk3star ---- Steve Rodgers AKA JIM LAHEY, DEAD AF
12. Charu ---- Phil Collins, hider. Leaves a burp behind whenever he hides behind someone (via PM). Most likely dies if he targets a wolf.
13. gold stinger - Bubbles: eliminated during Night 1. Cop.
14. _Zenith_ - Ray: exiled from town on Day 0. Visitor.
15. ShadoWolfe ---- Sam Losco, 2-shot doctor (flavor "surgeon"). If he uses both shots, then his vote doesn't count for a phase.

N1 ACTIONS:

Haku saved me.
Sunfan used power on charu, shado and wabby, -> learned that "somebody is Phil Collins." Later learned that it's Charu.
Raeko roleblocked FG (near confirmed)
Charu burped behind sunfan (confirmed)
FG roleblocked FFA (unknown)
Wabby disc'd Pozzai (confirmed)

GAME THOUGHTS

Sunfan isn't a wolf most likely <- Charu hid behind sunfan and didn't die.
Charu isn't a wolf most likely <- Duke targeted sunfan, which would be really weird if wolf-Charu also targeted him? i.e. doublestack is stupid
Haku/Raeko are town. Both of them independently mentioned the "Smokes now" rule in precise terms. Both claimed blue. Haku is suspicious of me and Raeko lmao.
MML is town-lean. His reaction to Duke's ridiculous fakeclaim is pure as hell, calling it stupid and this was suddenly a "legendary" and "best ever" game because of it.
FG ---- I believe her claim. She told me that it was too hard to fake TPB theming and just came clean. I told her we could try to work together.
Xelnya is almost certainly town. His power makes zero sense for a wolf to have (dying in place of a town doctor or town roleblocker, lmao). Also independently reported to me that Haku had claimed doctor to him. Wolf Xel has little reason to alert me that he knows who the fucking doctor is. However I have no idea why he, too, is blue. Doesn't really make sense to me.

I think FFA is slightly wolfy. Can't really place it behaviorally. His role is super weird and, well, Cyrus is a villain.
I think ShadoWolfe is slightly wolfy. Very subtly tried to gaslight me on Duke, but eventually gave up. Asked me "if Jim Lahey is a wolf, do we just kill all villains?" -> I said "yes" -> he was fine with it. That is, until I told him that Sam Losco is also a villain, to which he started panicking a little bit. He researched the show in order to learn more about his character but didn't really realize that he was a bad guy. Also, town having THREE protective roles is totally absurd. One of Pozzai and Shadow is probably lying.
Wabby's "miller" constraint is really weird, but his confusion about what the fuck his power does makes sense if he's a fruit vendor. Sunfan thinks Wabby has high "lost wolf" equity. Something to consider for later. Possible wolf.

NIGHT INSTRUCTIONS

Pozzai targets me.
Shadow targets me.
Charu hides behind... a wolf. Shadowolfe. Him dying confirms a wolf essentially. If Charu doesn't die, he was either roleblocked or Shadow is human (most likely the latter).
Wabby does whatever.
Funnygurl roleblock Shadowolfe. I wanted her to do FFA to learn if he actually used his strongman power tonight but she cna't target the same person twice in a row.
Raeko roleblock MML (lol).
Haku use doctor on himself if he can. Otherwise, use it on Xelnya.
FFA should be doing NOTHING.
Sunfan targets Pozzai, ShadoWolfe, and anybody else. (He decided Wabby as third pick.)

FOR FUTURE

Kill the TPB villains lol. Cyrus, Shadowolfe, MML in that order. Otherwise Wabby.

I somehow ignored the high % likely winning move only to focus on why the setup was the way it was and I ended up throwing away the entire game over semantics while having everything needed to win the entire thing on Day 2.

I didn't just lose a game. I loss what should have been a one sided win because of how much information there was on the table and how it already pointed out to the entire wolf team.
(wolves were all named as antagonists of the show and town main 3 power roles as protagonists)

--
Anyway, back on topic.

Raeko knew all of the above already because she had the same notes as me.
She just spent a game watching me fail over and over to get town together just to do a follow up logical vote that pretty much autowin.
It's going to be the same this game because this is a consistent pattern with me.
The problem is that I'm going to be artificially kept alive and you guys are going to get a headache over how I play.

So, @Raeko

Why did you ask me this considering you just played a game with me ?

I'm confused by the intentions behind the question because -specificially you- should have known fairly well where my mindset was at after that game.
Old 05-3-2019, 11:35 AM   #2
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
So, @Raeko

I'm confused by the intentions behind the question because -specificially you- should have known fairly well where my mindset was at after that game.
it's exactly because I played that game with you that I asked that. The situation last game was only possible because of OOTC allowing people to claim privately to Backpack. without OOTC, any counter-claims are done publicly within the thread. and it's just a very different situation when things are being done all in thread, there is way less pressure on the individual PRs and I thought that's what you were talking about in your post.

I guess I just don't see the same parallels as you do, but that's OK. It's not really something I want to focus on and I find it weird that you want to focus on it so heavily.
Old 05-3-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
You guys are probably going to hate me for talking -again- about the previous game, but this is bugging me.

[...]

--
Anyway, back on topic.

Raeko knew all of the above already because she had the same notes as me.
She just spent a game watching me fail over and over to get town together just to do a follow up logical vote that pretty much autowin.
It's going to be the same this game because this is a consistent pattern with me.
The problem is that I'm going to be artificially kept alive and you guys are going to get a headache over how I play.

So, @Raeko

To me the despair is real, I think Haku is as focused on it as Haku is because it is close to Haku's heart. And because as I have mentioned with Lar, I do not view these specific concerns as applying nearly as much to the wolf alignment, I read it as genuine. Though it makes me sad.
Old 05-3-2019, 02:29 AM   #4
flashflash account
FFR Player

My heart broke reading that

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 05-3-2019, 03:03 AM   #5
flashflash account
FFR Player

FWIW I like to think I have a reasonable handle on my self meta but nobody knows my meta well enough to distinguish

Sunfan thinks (thought?) It has something to do with how worried I sound but that's pretty far off too
I imagine a distant future where ffr is able to meta read me but it hasn't happened in two years so

-----

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 05-3-2019, 03:04 AM   #6
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
lots of new people in this game what do you guys think of me

i have slight town read on star-crossed but i think star always sounds town just by nature

departure yeah yeah (idk how to haiku)
Too early to tell. A bit confused about you asking others what they think of you with that level of content. It's unlikely to be alignment indicative.

Can you describe further what you mean by "star always sounds town just by nature" ?
Old 05-3-2019, 08:23 AM   #7
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Too early to tell. A bit confused about you asking others what they think of you with that level of content. It's unlikely to be alignment indicative.

Can you describe further what you mean by "star always sounds town just by nature" ?
not as of alignment but just as person
you kinda remind me of inDheart and raeko crossover, inDheart tends to be abit secretive in how he plays but he strikes me as someone who's analyzing every word in the back and raeko as someone who has good intention but doesn't dig too deep into the game

i dont know how shado or gradiant's playstyles are roundbox sounds like MML but older and daikyi is lost twin of DaBackPack

Old 05-3-2019, 03:13 AM   #8
flashflash account
FFR Player

"Departure yeah yeah
Idk how to haiku"
This is how to do

-----

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-3-2019, 08:27 AM   #9
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
"Departure yeah yeah
Idk how to haiku"
This is how to do
slippery goo
ski dadle ska doo
and a salmon too

Old 05-3-2019, 03:30 AM   #10
star-crossed
FFR Player

Daikyi's non meme posting is ironically hyperfocused on Haku at this stage in my opinion, which is concerning to me. I think it is easier to fake genuine analysis, the less holistic your view of what's going on is

Ummm
Hey Shado, wanna argue about views on raeko later, maybe?

Good night
Old 05-3-2019, 03:42 AM   #11
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
Daikyi's non meme posting is ironically hyperfocused on Haku at this stage in my opinion, which is concerning to me. I think it is easier to fake genuine analysis, the less holistic your view of what's going on is

Ummm
Hey Shado, wanna argue about views on raeko later, maybe?

Good night
I'd tend to wait it out on that and try to see if there's not something easier to figure out tbh.
Old 05-3-2019, 07:22 AM   #12
Daikyi
FFR Player

Quote:
tbh id say its not really a hyperfocus kn haku because im not really concerned with reading him at this point, but definitely focusing on the discussion and other stuff that revolved around it, and i do think theres a difference,

faking analysis from a non holistic view is one thing, but youre skirting around actually saying whether or not you think i am doing such right now though. like, flip side is that its also easy to give actual analysis and thought from a pure standpoint. like, whats your metric to differentiate, and why is it just a worry right now that youre not even bothering to press? youve been pretty far engaged with a lot of other going ons, and even ask shadowolfe stuff in your last post so idk tbh

also where did that roundbox vote come from i could not get that train of logic to reach any station near ne
Old 05-3-2019, 11:16 AM   #13
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
also where did that roundbox vote come from i could not get that train of logic to reach any station near ne
i am really tempted to call you town just for trying
Old 05-3-2019, 11:45 AM   #14
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
tbh id say its not really a hyperfocus kn haku because im not really concerned with reading him at this point, but definitely focusing on the discussion and other stuff that revolved around it, and i do think theres a difference,

faking analysis from a non holistic view is one thing, but youre skirting around actually saying whether or not you think i am doing such right now though. like, flip side is that its also easy to give actual analysis and thought from a pure standpoint. like, whats your metric to differentiate, and why is it just a worry right now that youre not even bothering to press? youve been pretty far engaged with a lot of other going ons, and even ask shadowolfe stuff in your last post so idk tbh

I mean, that is another related problem, that it is not that clear to me who you are trying to read, while focusing on discussion surrounding somebody you are not.

Is calling out your narrow focus is pressing it? I think it is. You are somebody I may vote for today based on it. I do not really feel like asking more specific questions, I would rather see what else you think is worth discussing. My metric to differentiate whether something is fake or not is a pretty lengthy subject if it is not regarding a specific.

He claimed he was a wolf, it is only slightly serious.
Old 05-3-2019, 08:38 AM   #15
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

and because i have to vote someone to the twg gods Gradiant pressure vote to give wolf leans on someone

Old 05-3-2019, 09:49 AM   #16
Daikyi
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
and because i have to vote someone to the twg gods Gradiant pressure vote to give wolf leans on someone
ok so why do you have you vote someone? im not clear on why the vote is necessary in the first place, given that you can probably just...ask a player to give wolf reads
Old 05-3-2019, 10:24 AM   #17
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
It is actually weird to me that this message itself did not get more attention (I think I have seen a couple of people quote my reaction to it). It is a bit bizarre, and even asks most people a question that I do not think anybody answered. I also did not see a response to my questioning the second part, and my issue with saying "always sounds town just by nature" is...sweeping, and also undermining an already very slight point being made. And coming from someone who has voiced in the jTWG that town leans are basically an absence of suspicion, I am not sure this lean quite fits that mind frame.
After the last game I played with him I don't feel like I can read Antori d0
Also English is like his third language so anytime he says something weird I have a habit of assuming he just doesn't have the flow down pat yet.

As far as he's concerns, I think he was trying to start conversations. Asked the same thing i the first game we played IIRC.

Quote:
The shepherd comparison is strange to me because it implies you think I have leadership potential,
I guess if I had to re write that entire post to get my original intention through it would be We are men of TWG; shitty sheep votes do not become us.

Basically the point I was trying to (somewhat comically) make is that I feel you made a vote based solely on Yosh's and my interactions and you where siding with Yosh because you saw him a stronger player.

Quote:
"I'm extremely interested" "I guess"
...is it? Do you have a lean there yet or not? Haha
I think it's an act and I think it's fucking stupid
That said, it will probably tell us his alignment the further we let it go.
Basically I'm being flippant as hell here and you're reading words too literal

Quote:

roundbox
I see no indication that Roundbox is scum this early on
Actually as town he largely sits out of d0 and shines later on
Even if there's no real strong reason to think he is town that is not a good lynch for us right now.

Quote:
I do wonder why you're not voting anyone, idk.
I'm voting next post. I was waiting on something.

Quote:
"bit of a misunderstanding?" As opposed to...?
IDK As opposed to Shado being a huge flaming dick?

Quote:
-> #246
That is indeed a bad Raeko post and chances are she will never follow it up.

--

BRB making a case

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 05-3-2019, 12:47 PM   #18
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
After the last game I played with him I don't feel like I can read Antori d0
Also English is like his third language so anytime he says something weird I have a habit of assuming he just doesn't have the flow down pat yet.

As far as he's concerns, I think he was trying to start conversations. Asked the same thing i the first game we played IIRC.

I guess if I had to re write that entire post to get my original intention through it would be We are men of TWG; shitty sheep votes do not become us.

Basically the point I was trying to (somewhat comically) make is that I feel you made a vote based solely on Yosh's and my interactions and you where siding with Yosh because you saw him a stronger player.

I think it's an act and I think it's fucking stupid
That said, it will probably tell us his alignment the further we let it go.
Basically I'm being flippant as hell here and you're reading words too literal

I see no indication that Roundbox is scum this early on
Actually as town he largely sits out of d0 and shines later on
Even if there's no real strong reason to think he is town that is not a good lynch for us right now.

I'm voting next post. I was waiting on something.

IDK As opposed to Shado being a huge flaming dick?

--

BRB making a case
I guess I missed that he had played another game here. That does make it less weird that nobody really responded to his question to "new people".

Technically untrue, but I appreciate the source material at least.

I think I am just never going to like you totally reading the sheeping into the situation, but I am sick of talking about it.

I am not unfamiliar with roundbox's style of play.
Old 05-3-2019, 12:49 PM   #19
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
I didn't even see this until Star quoted it but lol, follow it up with what? I answered the question already, if you have anything else you need following up with, feel free to ask
Old 05-3-2019, 06:46 PM   #20
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Quote:
-> #246
@roundbox

i forget if it was you but someone responded to this in kind, though i'm pretty sure the bit after the "and" is meant to be funny
Closed Thread