Closed Thread

Old 10-6-2016, 06:09 PM   #381
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
I'm working on my reads. (They'll be in the next post.) For what they're worth, anyway; day 1 is generally a crapshoot. It's always a crapshoot, but what matters is that you actually -try- and give us something to work with in the future --- the "act" is more important than the results

The "raw commentary" hopefully served the purpose of making clear that hedging around Charu is a waste of time and focus. The reason I made those posts was because some people felt that scumreading/suspecting/whatever Charu was an effective use of their time. It isn't. I can accept this

This is how I play. You can always expect a lot of theorycraft and mechanical stuff early on. I find that has value, because putting the game in its proper context clarifies everything else. This is fine, but we need more in terms of critical thinking about player alignment before EoD

I'm curious what your reads are. I see this a lot here; people expect others to contribute, but are curiously silent when it comes to doing the work themselves. ShadoW also voted me, but at least he made the effort to link my playstyle to the Turbo game where I was a wolf (this is misguided since this is just how I tend to play, but at least his internal logic makes sense, which reads genuine). You, on the other hand, have the effect of a drive-by shooter. That seems less honest somehow.

I'm not intent on lynching you, I'm pressuring you to make reads -- and that I saw lots of bulky commentary without any reads as scummy. I'm willing to trust your self-stated meta, but you also need to produce reads before I can begin to think of you as town.

as for me,
I've stated townreads on Freezin and Shadow and Charu thus far, and I thought I made my opinion on your commentary transparent in my conversation with Charu: namely that wolves tend to make commentary in order to appear "active"
doop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 10-6-2016, 06:09 PM   #382
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
WE CAN POST IN ALL CAPS? SINCE WHEN?!
get fiction in here stat!
Old 10-6-2016, 06:10 PM   #383
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by juckter1 View Post
Kay, I've read stuff now.

Shado I forgot about previously, but now I've read him, he seems okay. I don't think his jump on Freeze was as artificial as other people are saying, the thing that I found the most odd is that he seemed to abandon it really quickly. His other stuff is fairly agressive and he's actively engaging people, which may or may not be his style regardless of alignment but I like it. Don't see him leaning towards any alignment right now

mellon is probably town based on tone alone

I'm not familiar enough with memes to read XelNya right now

I'm not good enough at the game to form reads on people I didn't mention on this or my previous post
By previous post, you're referring to this:
Quote:
I lurked up to page 13 on my phone but didn't post because phoneposting sucks. Here's a few impressions:

- Charu is almost surely actually the bodyguard blah blah blah there's no point in me parroting the same analysis that people have already done.

- I don't like Haku, I get that he does questionable plays as both alignments but even then his questionable posts this game are lacking the genuineness that I read in his questionable posts last game.

- Gradiant is a funny fellow and his posts look natural. I don't know if he usually manages to play along well as a wolf, but without knowing his meta I'm giving him a townlean

- Freeze is weird. I don't see him as particularly town-leaning or scum-leaning right now but I'll be sure to keep an eye on him
, right?

It's been awhile, are those reads on Gradiant, Freez, Haku, and Charu still up to date with your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 10-6-2016, 06:11 PM   #384
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
doop
replace shadow with gradiant, oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 10-6-2016, 06:21 PM   #385
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
if freez has read recent games, haku's been in pretty much all of them, so ample chance to at least get familiar with his style, even if you're not going to hold him to account for previous mishaps. but doing that misses the self-stated essence of haku's play. he routinely posts moronic things and passes them off as intentional to provoke reactions. those reaction tests often fail.
Do you think this is what I'm doing right now?
Old 10-6-2016, 06:26 PM   #386
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by botchi246 View Post
oh charu, i am not a wolf just ye old town
but you forgot hos until later
Old 10-6-2016, 06:27 PM   #387
juckter1
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
It's been awhile, are those reads on Gradiant, Freez, Haku, and Charu still up to date with your thoughts?
Charu isn't likely to change until much further into the game, Gradiant still with the agressive posting which I townread him for, and Haku hasn't said anything that changed my read in either direction.

Freez is weird, his reason for voting Gradiant is like, objectively bad, but I can't see why a wolf would play like he has so far. I can't read him well right now
Old 10-6-2016, 06:31 PM   #388
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

So rather than doing a formal roster run, I'll reread through the game and just note what sticks out to me. Picking up from page 10 or so...

Haku uses the "I'm bad" card way too much. I don't even mean that as a scumtell, it's just kind of annoying (and so overused that it essentially becomes alignment-neutral, and in effect meaningless).

On ShadoW: After some basic commentary on the Gradiant-Freezin thing, he actually follows up with reads on Freezin and why they could point to a wolf. I'm not sure I agree, and it's hardly totally exculpatory--pouncing on someone who's made questionable reads is an easy way for a wolf to hide, and funnily enough seems to be almost what he's accusing of--but the post fits together logically for me. He then backs off later. This is somewhat similar to my general approach--I don't usually go heavy until I'm more convinced of something--and it's something that's replicable in either alignment. Overall, though, he sticks his neck out just slightly further than I'd expect from a wolf, so the slightest of town reads from this interaction.

On the other hand, I don't like his followup a little later. The whole "Wolfe" group things seems like it's almost daring WIFOM, which is a bit of a scummy play.

Ironically, Freezin's apparently disliked "explaining feints" is the most townie thing about them, since I can actually see where they're approaching from, and it feels like there's an actual purpose to the activity, not the hiding in plain sight you'd expect from a wolf/sk.

Page 13 is interesting because a lot of people who had said little to nothing so far appear (presumably after waking up/arriving at the beginning of the day/whatever) and then make generic statements that don't even have a shitposting quality to them--which is to say, they're almost deliberately empty and forgettable.

Action picks up more as the day moves along, but a lot of seems to be marching in place type stuff.

Freezin's willingness to challenge Gradiant looks good to me; there's no backing off from the challenge there. I can understand where they're coming from--Gradiant's almost too in control of his style--but overall I don't think he'd be so assured if he were anti-town. Bears watching though.

I find the Xel sort of going after Haku interesting. It's just cantankerous enough that I'd suspect distancing if the wolves had daychat, but they don't; moreover, the white text stuff makes it feel more like needling. I definitely don't think they're both wolves, and if one of them is it's probably Haku, although Xel's later stuff with other people felt overly chummy. (n.b. Theoretically you could have a wolf and an sk here, but that's statistically unlikely).

Basically, Haku's game seems a little more defensive than usual, and I don't like it. Freezin didn't look great early on, but later posting makes the body of work look very town. Gradiant's is consistent enough in his style that he's hard to read, but I lean town. I don't like how many people are hiding in plain sight, although to be fair I end up doing the same thing relatively often. I don't know how well that fits their metas though.
Old 10-6-2016, 06:33 PM   #389
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
I like to do isolated reads of each poster as well as read the whole conversation, so I can see how things fit together. I do this with Advanced Search, and you need the exact name. I'm not familiar enough with everyone to get all the numbers and quirks of the names right without checking, so it's handy to be able to refer to the OP.
Oh, here, let me get to my computer and I'll help you with that. I have the corrected list of names in my notes. One sec, bout to be home

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 10-6-2016, 06:38 PM   #390
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Oh, here, let me get to my computer and I'll help you with that. I have the corrected list of names in my notes. One sec, bout to be home
i've actually been really annoyed by this too, and it's hard isoing this game because i know there's 15 people in it, but it's hard to remember who's who and it doesn't feel like 15 people have even been here yet

anyway

1. inDheart
2. Hakulyte
3. R.E. Aryxi
4. ShadoWolfe
5. danceflashrevo
6. Charu
7. Gradiant
8. FreezinIce
9. DaBackpack
10. Precarious
11. roundbox
12. botchi246
13. XelNya
14. juckter1
15. mellonxcollie

and "Zenith" on the replacement list is actually _Zenith_ if he comes in
Old 10-6-2016, 06:39 PM   #391
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

1. inDheart

2. Hakulyte

3. R.E. Aryxi

4. SurelyWolfe

5. danceflashrevo

6. Charu

7. Gradiant

8. FreezeinIce

9. DaBackpack

10. Precarious

11. Roundbox

12. Botchi246

13. XelNya

14. juckter1

15. mellonxcollie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-6-2016, 06:40 PM   #392
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

you didn't correct your own name ya goofball
Old 10-6-2016, 06:41 PM   #393
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Whelp. Ninja'd.

Also, mine is ShadoWolfe lols forgot to change it after pasting

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-6-2016, 06:42 PM   #394
juckter1
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
he didn't correct he's just hardclaiming wolfe mate
Old 10-6-2016, 06:43 PM   #395
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
fucking ninja'd again!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-6-2016, 06:45 PM   #396
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
he didn't correct he's just hardclaiming wolfe mate
You catch on quick! Wanna join my exclusive group? This is a one-time offer.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-6-2016, 06:46 PM   #397
juckter1
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
You catch on quick! Wanna join my exclusive group? This is a one-time offer.
sure, I'll join your special exclusive group!
Old 10-6-2016, 06:47 PM   #398
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Quote:
doop
Oh come on. Here was your "read," prior to "reading" me.

Quote:
Freezinice and Haku are probably never on the same team here

and honestly I have freezin and gradiant both as town rn
Your "read" was saying two people read town. No reason why--just they are. So terrific. Why?

And here's your post history for the game so far. Other than the embedded quoting my response and the two line quote above, every single post you've made--all 20 of them--have been one line throwaway efforts. And that's also the problem I have with just evaluating activity by post count. You've said nothing today (other than with regard to our little fight here). You tiptoe around Charu (since attacking someone who's effectively confirmed town is dangerous) with brief little posts, then try to call up your history when you're challenged on it. Again, check the link. It's empty. Other than the post I quoted, not a single post before you challenged me even pertains to the game. And your response to me isn't good either--it's aggressive, then tightens up and backs off defensively right at the end, like you're afraid to press the issue now that it's actually been raised. Needling me is fine, but standing on your previous record like you've actually been working is hilarious. And dishonest.

DaBackpack
Old 10-6-2016, 06:47 PM   #399
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

SIGWoLF is also still taking people

(real talk since we're bullshitting i might as well go back and do some isos)
Old 10-6-2016, 06:49 PM   #400
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Don't do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Closed Thread