Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2014, 07:31 PM   #41
NeonSM
Я тебя люблю Маша
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to NeonSM
Default Re: Ratchet Rap Dumps

Beat Calls [XelNya Revision] -
A lot better than before, very nice! Not as good as it could be though. The first drop is too easy now and there are also a few jacks that I personally think are too much, but I'm a noob player so Neon should make the call on that one.
I'll accept it, but strongly feel that you toned down the first drop (the gray region from 18.5 to 20 seconds) too much, and that it should be dumped on a bit harder to match the craziness that is the rest of the file. It would be great if you made a second revision addressing this.
Also, you have to go into the .sm file and fix the bpm flux manually. We'll fix it so don't worry about it, just be aware that it exists.

NeonSM
Im far from a master at this game myself, but yeah the 32nd jacks play tough for me, but they aren't totally out of control. I do though agree with what billium said about the beginning. I think I understand the white walls reference as well, but I'm not so sure everyone else will get it. Assuming that some players will not have played the file. Overall you just need to hit that sweet spot between not too easy and not too hard in the beginning. When you do this the file will be successful in my eyes. That being said, it is still pretty fun regardless, and I will accept it. Strongly urge you to take a look at the beginning again. Also, the mines played well this time
NeonSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:36 AM   #42
NeonSM
Я тебя люблю Маша
FFR Veteran

Chatterbox [Scintill]

Billium
Love it, fun easy file, not really dumpy, suggesting that you make a dumb(er) beg difficulty just for the purpose of the pack name, but still accepted if you don't wanna do that
and try to remember to fix ddream bpm flux before sending in stuff just to make the pack organizers' jobs a little easier.

NeonSM
I adore this file for what it is. And in saying that, I understand your desire to not make it more dumpy. That being said, it is still a very artistic file. It has great replay value, and is extremely fun to play on rates. At first I was going to deny it just on the basis that it wasn't as dumpy as I wanted it to be, but after hearing Billium's response to it, and after playing it a couple more times, I just can't say no. Accepted.

Last edited by NeonSM; 07-28-2014 at 10:47 AM..
Old 07-31-2014, 11:28 PM   #43
NeonSM
Я тебя люблю Маша
FFR Veteran

Aerosol Can [Wafles]

Billium
Well stepped, a little bland but very enjoyable for those who like the beat/song.

NeonSM
I have to agree that I felt you could've added a bit more to the file, but, The chart makes sense, the trills are fun as hell, and I genuinely enjoyed the song choice here. I think the song choice is what really pushed me over the edge on this one.
Accepted.

As a side note, I hope that our future downloader's understand that dump files don't always have to be 32nd streams at some ridiculous bpm; that they can be much more when applied artistically, and that "dump" doesn't always mean hardpain.
Old 08-1-2014, 02:45 AM   #44
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonSM View Post
Beat Calls [XelNya Revision] -
A lot better than before, very nice! Not as good as it could be though. The first drop is too easy now and there are also a few jacks that I personally think are too much, but I'm a noob player so Neon should make the call on that one.
I'll accept it, but strongly feel that you toned down the first drop (the gray region from 18.5 to 20 seconds) too much, and that it should be dumped on a bit harder to match the craziness that is the rest of the file. It would be great if you made a second revision addressing this.
Also, you have to go into the .sm file and fix the bpm flux manually. We'll fix it so don't worry about it, just be aware that it exists.

NeonSM
Im far from a master at this game myself, but yeah the 32nd jacks play tough for me, but they aren't totally out of control. I do though agree with what billium said about the beginning. I think I understand the white walls reference as well, but I'm not so sure everyone else will get it. Assuming that some players will not have played the file. Overall you just need to hit that sweet spot between not too easy and not too hard in the beginning. When you do this the file will be successful in my eyes. That being said, it is still pretty fun regardless, and I will accept it. Strongly urge you to take a look at the beginning again. Also, the mines played well this time
I will go and fix the first drop a bit. I think I'll leave the white walls pattern and add in some 16ths or something. We'll see. Glad to see the mine tone down was good. I was a bit worried I'd toned it too much.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2014, 11:17 AM   #45
NeonSM
Я тебя люблю Маша
FFR Veteran

Awesome! I'm glad you are taking the initiative to go back into it XelNya.

(BilliumMoto) Nipp. Revision 1

Much more doable than before. I'm glad that you actually revised this, because it turned into one of my favs in the pack so far. It is just difficult enough for me to want to actually try for a good score. Mini jacks are super fun. You did mention to me that you were thinking about doing separate difficulties for this file, is that still a thing? Either way, Definitely accepting. Great job :-]

EDIT: JUST REALIZED THERE ARE 2. awesome :3.

(Skwid) You can get murked

I'm going to make the final call on this one, since Billium didn't have much to say about it.
Well, I think that some things could have been added to the file to create a little variation here. For example little things like at 29.669 when he says shut the fuck up in the bg, that could be a bit more interesting than the short 32nd roll. I like the jacks after the first section, but around 53.494 you add the 24th and 16th to accentuate the beat. Why didn't you continue doing that for every other (or every third bar I think it would be) bar? This would've added a little variation between the jack sections. Other than some creative fixes, the file is fun. It is entirely up to you if you want to take the advice I put down here. The file is definitely acceptable as is.

Last edited by NeonSM; 08-3-2014 at 07:19 PM..
Old 08-4-2014, 09:48 AM   #46
Skwid1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Skwid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonSM View Post
(Skwid) You can get murked

I'm going to make the final call on this one, since Billium didn't have much to say about it.
Well, I think that some things could have been added to the file to create a little variation here. For example little things like at 29.669 when he says shut the fuck up in the bg, that could be a bit more interesting than the short 32nd roll. I like the jacks after the first section, but around 53.494 you add the 24th and 16th to accentuate the beat. Why didn't you continue doing that for every other (or every third bar I think it would be) bar? This would've added a little variation between the jack sections. Other than some creative fixes, the file is fun. It is entirely up to you if you want to take the advice I put down here. The file is definitely acceptable as is.
i'm probably going to make some small changes to all of my charts before pack is released, if that's ok. for this chart in particular, i need to add a lot of interesting bursts/transitions, but that's basically a first draft.
Skwid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2014, 11:24 AM   #47
NeonSM
Я тебя люблю Маша
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwid1 View Post
i'm probably going to make some small changes to all of my charts before pack is released, if that's ok. for this chart in particular, i need to add a lot of interesting bursts/transitions, but that's basically a first draft.
That's totally fine. I'm planning on doing the same.
Old 08-7-2014, 10:38 AM   #48
Wafles
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Wafles

fyi for all my files that end up in this i will do my own graphics and upload final versions with bpm flux/graphics/fixes/changes/etc when pack is close to completed
Wafles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:25 PM   #49
NeonSM
Я тебя люблю Маша
FFR Veteran

Thanks Wafles. I'm not asking this of everyone, but it definitely helps us out a lot.

NeonSM

(Wafles) Keys to the Kingdom- We already talked about how much I enjoyed the file over skype. Nice streamy dump that is anything but boring. patterns are sweet and the polyrhythmic stuff at the end is really fun to play. (though you may want to experiment with the patterns a bit in the ending). All in all, I really loved playing through this. It will also make for some variety in the pack, as there is only really one short verse of rap in this song.

(MinaciousGrace) Eff Grandad- Probably one of my favorite files of yours. Jacks are just challenging enough to want to score well on the file. Love the stark differences between the 24ths and 32nds (in terms of streams and jacks). Colored notes are fitting as well as polys. Not much more to say on this. Just a well executed fun file.

Last edited by NeonSM; 08-11-2014 at 01:26 PM..
Old 08-27-2014, 05:43 PM   #50
NeonSM
Я тебя люблю Маша
FFR Veteran

Gangster's Paradise [Ormix]

Billium-My biggest complaint is the repetitiveness of the song and the copy pasta of the file; you may want to consider sending in a cut of this song. Patterns are pretty good though, and it does make for a nice training file. I don't see many people playing this file more than once, but I'll take it.

NeonSM- copy pasta was a bit much for me as well; I would be cool with a cut for sure though. Patterns are fun to hit as Billium said. streams felt a little fast, but that's why they call it a dump I guess the hard part is definitely a huge difficulty spike but it was probably intentional to highlight the greatness of the chorus, so I won't harp on it too much. I accept as well.

Hopefully People keep on submitting! We only have about 4-5 step artists charting stuff soooo we need some more variety!

Last edited by NeonSM; 08-27-2014 at 06:08 PM..
Old 02-20-2015, 03:14 PM   #51
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

did he died?
or did i missed released?

Last edited by SKG_Scintill; 02-20-2015 at 03:14 PM..
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:25 PM   #52
rCaliberGX
D7 Elite Keymasher
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

it got merged with Dump Parade and a lot of the files were cut iirc

Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
you look like you're dSucks

Last edited by rCaliberGX; 02-20-2015 at 03:26 PM..
rCaliberGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:11 AM   #53
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

merged or not someone revive this pls
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:52 PM   #54
JOTATELLO
FFR Player