Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 10:31 PM   #1
User6773

Default The Werewolf Game - End of Day 5 - Werewolf Team Victory

The setting: The 11th century Irish countryside, in the sleepy town of Flarev. The town is a small farming community of only 15 families. Being such a small town as it is, the families naturally know each other very well. Long have they worked together to keep the town as prosperous as it has been, and the fall harvest is always most bountiful. Flarev has never been a place of economic interest, nor of trade, nor of any real concern to the outside world. It has heart, and tradition, and hope - and that is what the community thrives on.

It so happened that one day and one night saw the end of the idyllic peace that enraptured Flarev since its inception. The town was enshadowed one night by a lunar eclipse. The moon turned blood-red, and terror ran through the sinews of the town's more feeble-hearted denizens. Eerie, wolflike howls could be heard through the night, and few slept restfully. The next morning, as one of the fair young maidens of the town was drawing water from the town well, she let out a horrendous scream. For it was not water that filled the bucket she drew, but blood.

News of this quickly flooded the town like a trickle of water being poured over a flat dish. It was evident that there was dark magic at work in Flarev, but no one knew where the source was. Some suspected witchcraft, others thought it was the craft of the devil. But the entire town immediately became worried and suspicious. And, needless to say, everyone went to sleep uneasily that night. And still the wolflike howls penetrated the night air.

Regrettably, one family would never wake up from that sleep. For the townspeople awoke to notice that one of the 15 homes had been destroyed - the residence of The Q and his family. The door, covered in claw marks, had been ripped off its hinge and the sight inside the house was ghastly. Blood was strewn about the floor, and the corpses of The Q and his family were barely recognizable. Beds were ripped apart, tables were overturned, and the walls of the house looked on the verge of collapse. The only clues the townspeople found were 3 bloody sets of paw prints that led out of the house and then circled repeatedly around the cursed well.

Immediately the town elder called a meeting of the heads of the remaining families. Those present at the meeting were:

Aleco
CypherToorima
djshox
Flypie
GuidoHunter
IAmEric
Kenzya
Kilgamayan
Lightdarkness
Moogy
MrESqueek
QreepyBORIS
SleeplessDragon
TasselFoot

The elder speaks slowly, and carefully. "My friends, something has to be done about this peril we all face. I have heard many legends of the werewolves in times past. Surely these were-wolves, who quite clearly walk amongst us, will continue to tear us limb from limb if we do not do something."

"But how will we be able to determine who the wolves are?" asks Lightdarkness.

"You really can't," says the elder, "unless you were to wait around at night and watch for the wolves. And our homes are spread too far apart to be able to see the others from safety. Besides, you know our supply of candles is limited. Even if we were to find the wolves at night, it's unlikely that we would be able to match them in combat, for they can see in the dark. And could we even recognize our beloved friends in wolfish form?"

"Why are we the only ones assembled?" asks SleeplessDragon. "Couldn't the werewolves be our husbands, wives, and children?"

"I know much of werewolf lore," says the elder. "The werewolf curse selectively targets the masters of the family. It is said that the other members of the family cannot detect the duality of their loved one until the end comes."

"The end?" mutters a visibly worried Tasselfoot.

"Yes, the end," says the elder, "when the wolves match the human families in numbers, they kill them all that night without fear of retribution. The curse is then spread to their families, and the werewolf population grows. In order to prevent the wolves from conquering all humanity, they must be stopped here. No one may leave the town until we kill the wolves."

"Then they must be stopped here! Here, and now, we make our stand!" says djshox. "We stay here, and wait for the sun to set and the true wolves to emerge!"

"We cannot," says the elder. "Wolves can go for days without sleep - having us all assembled in one place simply makes their jobs easier. There's only one solution to do away with the wolves."

"A vote," says Flypie. "A town-wide decision to decide who lives, and who dies."

"Unfortunately," says the elder. "Hopefully, our community will be able to recover from this. But we must not let paranoia consume us. We only kill one person a day until the murders stop."

The townspeople pause to reflect on the irony of those words.

"What if you're a wolf?" asks Squeek of the elder.

"Only grown, athletic, physically fit individuals have the potential of becoming werewolves. An old man like myself could most certainly not be a wolf. As such, I'll stay out of the debates. Besides, it's irrelevant if an old man like me, past my prime and without children, sees the end of my days tonight. If I am to be killed by the wolves, so be it. I shall not involve myself in the proceedings."

"Let your fears be somewhat allayed, friends, for the wolves are not without bane. In wolfish times such as these, two great people are sent to help us. One can look into a person's true heart and find if they are wolfish in nature. The other can extend their holy influence to protect a home from the entry of wolves. May they guide our actions, and may they be safe from the wolves. By sunset we must have a decision on which member of our party must be put to rest, for the sake of us all. O, what dark times are upon us..."

The congregated townspeople begin to talk amongst themselves as to who the wolves may be, and who killed The Q...

No time to waste. It's time for justice to be dealt - and there's no justice like mob justice. You've got 48 hours (until 3 PM Friday, EST, or until all the votes have been cast) to decide who sees the noose at sunset.

Special note: when I told the wolves, seer, and guardian that they could make one pick every night, I meant the game phase known as "night", not an actual, real-world night.

NOTE: I pick the names of the people who speak in the story completely randomly, using the same method I used to pick to the people with special roles. Don't take anything anyone says in one of these "story posts" to mean anything about their actual roles.

Old 10-27-2004, 01:26 PM   #2
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness
Default RE: The Werewolf Game - Day 1 - The Q is murdered

SleeplessDragon
Old 10-27-2004, 01:27 PM   #3
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

What makes you say that? It's generally pretty hard to just make accusations right off the bat like that.. are you the seer or something?

Old 10-27-2004, 01:34 PM   #4
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

No, I just thought we were supposed to guess for the first week, because we know nothing.

I picked that person, cause I have no clue who they are.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:34 PM   #5
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

What else do we have to go on? We're clueless. I nominate Kenzya. He seems like a shady character. Just look at his avatar.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com[/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:48 PM   #6
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

could say the same thing about your "rejected" avatar Guido...

i'll go for Eric. he's going off attacking and role-dropping right from the start... i don't like it.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:52 PM   #7
User6773

Please put the name of the person you are voting for in bold to avoid confusion and simplify vote-counting.

Old 10-27-2004, 01:55 PM   #8
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

Whoa, when did LD's vote change from sleeplessdragon to Eric?

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:58 PM   #9
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

after he read my post.

TasselFoot: heh. you changed your vote.
lightdarkness42: Jay: Chang'ed my vote
jay: tass has a good poitn
jay: and bold'd
Old 10-27-2004, 02:13 PM   #10
aleco
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to aleco

I like the story.

And I vote for Tasselfoot because he locks so many topics that he must be a wolf.

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Oh yeah and tonight is a lunar eclipse. Be there.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:20 PM   #11
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

thats excellent logic there aleco... i lock topics... i'm a wolf... hopefully your votes in future rounds will be more based on things relating to the game, and not the forum... otherwise we stand no chance of finding the wolves.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:22 PM   #12
aleco
FFR Player

What else do we have to go on right now? I'm still really open to changing my vote.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:22 PM   #13
ImEric12
FFR Player

okay, it's not me. I was saying that because I've played this game before, and generally it is very hard to make accusations so quickly.. I was just asking for an explanation.

Old 10-27-2004, 02:23 PM   #14
aleco
FFR Player

Anyone could say that. They could easily lie.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:06 PM   #15
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

ImEric12
Old 10-27-2004, 03:06 PM   #16
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

djshox though im keeping my eye open on this forum, so its subject to change.

o and um, please, if its not a hassle, could my name be spelled correctly in the future?
Old 10-27-2004, 03:07 PM   #17
User6773

ATTENTION EVERYONE
If you want to change your vote, MAKE A NEW POST, DO NOT EDIT YOUR OLD ONE

This is not a suggestion, this is a REQUIREMENT. One of the things about this game is that you should have a record of previous votes to go back and look on to figure out people's logic.

With that said, I'm reverting LD's vote to what it originally was until he posts again.

Old 10-27-2004, 03:16 PM   #18
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

ImEric12
Old 10-27-2004, 03:50 PM   #19
ImEric12
FFR Player

Is screenshotting stuff considered cheating?

Old 10-27-2004, 03:51 PM   #20
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

this just in....

chickens of doom: okay, I'm not a werewolf (this = imeric12)
chickens of doom: if you must know, I'm the seer
chickens of doom: I asked about LD, and got a no
chickens of doom: you nominated me
chickens of doom: I think?
TasselFoot: i voted for you, yes.
TasselFoot: and you IMing me only makes me think you are trying to get out of it... it doesn't help your cause.
chickens of doom: bleh

definately not changing my vote now...