Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #41
FPRain
FFR Player

Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangomango View Post
I've had a few accidental ones, but I was not exactly able to control what was happening. It would usually happen when I was dreaming something totally ridiculous.

I would be like "Wtf, this can't be real", but I would always end up thinking "lol w/e" and going along with the rest of the dream.
Most of my dreams are completely outrageous to the point where sometimes I wake up and ponder my sanity, lol. But I've only managed to lucid dream a couple times. I mean I usually have dreams that take on a storyline instead of complete randomosity but put into completely insane situations.
So why am I not able to ever distinguish that from reality and become lucid?Would that mean that practicing DILD will be harder for me?
Being able to lucid dream would be amazing though.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #42
legato210
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to legato210

I've had quite a large number of lucid dreams, all the way back until the age of 6 or 7.

I remember it was because of a really bad nightmare when I was about that age that made me want to change those dreams, or stop them from happening.

Ever since then, when I go into a dream, I get this almost de ja vu feeling that I had just been pushed through a silk screen very quickly. then this is where the strange sensations come into play.

I already know where my direction is supposed to be... as far as "completing" my dream or fulfillment. I can wander in any direction, and I mean any direction on any plane.

panning and zooming are also fun, but not as fun as when you actually learn to fly in your dreams. its kind the feeling you get when you drive an automatic or a manual transmission. you can go anywhere and retain almost all of the worldly physics, or it seems like to me. ( being pushed by the wind, seeing real world landscapes, etc )

In some cases, I'll be thinking of a dream before bed, and I actually do find myself in that senario when I sleep.... these get reallllllllllllllllllllllllyy Fcking epicccc.
A dream I just had the other day that stuck in my thoughts, was me and my best friend were gundam operators during an end of the world scene.. needless to say things were blowing up and I felt like my heart was racing a millions miles an hour with all this fun an excitement. super realistic features of how exactly a gundam might be operated, and a helmet that completely blew my mind away with grid maps of longitude and latitude, way points, friendlies, enemies, you name it.

I had looked into this phenomena a while back and picked up a journal for my night stand... it really does help. If you can have your laptop, that's even better to get it out quicker.

There really is no limit to what you think your mind can do in that state, and when you do think of it and practice enough, it will happen. I almost feel like I've built myself inside over the years into what I can only describe as "the god mind"

I'm completely okay with every projection acting as they will because its just too exhausting anymore to script everything they say, and yes you can do that too, and just be the silent creator and go about your way.

I know there's so much more I might be missing but I'll certainly reply more about this subject just because it fascinates me to talk about it and even share some of my dreams... I do it really big now a days and I want to try and teach, if I can, to those who want to explore their imagination.
legato210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:49 PM   #43
poochieCREAM
FFR Player

I've actually become interested in dreams in the past couple of months.
Have you heard of Astral Projection?

But no, I haven't had a lucid dream. Tried many times, but my mind gives into the dream too easily.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #44
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I've been trying the past few nights and I'm not really getting anything worth writing down. Maybe the only thing was like playing poker and my full house 8s/10s got beaten by a pair of 2s or something... Otherwise, I apparently don't have many good dreams worth writing down I guess :O.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:58 PM   #45
HoneyMelonCalibrator
Arrow Theory™
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HoneyMelonCalibrator Send a message via MSN to HoneyMelonCalibrator

Someone should create a sleep paralysis thread.

@rushyrulz, patience, grasshopper.
諸行無常の響あり。
娑羅雙樹の花の色、
盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
おごれる人も久しからず、
唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
偏に風の前の塵に同じ。
HoneyMelonCalibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #46
Shadowcliff
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
The most important thing you can do is keep a journal next to your bed. When you wake up, write down as much as you can remember. You tend to forget dreams very quickly after you wake up. This practice of writing will help you keep that part of your memory active and you will start to get a better feel for certain patterns/common elements in your dreams that, over time, will help you subconsciously realize when you are dreaming. Being able to recall dreams more strongly allows you to lucid dream more frequently. Write down anything you remember -- it all helps, no matter how spotty. Pictures help too.
I can vouch for this.

I saw a mention of lucid dreaming some place. I didn't know what it was, but when I got on this website about the different ways to dream lucidly, I was deeply infatuated. I kind of started some of the things it suggested.

I never got in the habit of reality-checking, but I still journal my dreams from time to time. It's exciting to remember the details. But it definitely does more. After I began journaling I became aware of the dreams I was having EVERY night. I even started to remember really old dreams that occurred maybe 1, 2 or possibly 3 years ago. The order in which I remembered them were so random, and the subject matter complied as well- I remember my only flying dream I thought I had forgotten long ago; some dream where I was in some barn climbing up hay, then opened a door to an arena; a dream where almost all of my friends were in a spacious room with this new shocking toy we were all trying out; and even more. Once occurance: I wrote about a dream the day after I had it; the same night, I remembered two dreams that didn't seem to have connection and which happened at two very separate times long ago. I thought about it more, then realized they all took place in the same non-existent neighborhood that I can still draw from my head.
I only journal sparsely now, but after reading this thread I want to do it again.

So far I've only ever had one lucid dream; it started out not being lucid. I was in some man's house. He locked me in a room with concrete all around, one door, and one bed. I was terrified. I don't remember what exactly happened, but somehow the scene shifted to a friend's house, with that friend standing with me in his kitchen. It was then that I realized I was dreaming. The first thing that I did after that was make out with him. bahaha

Anyway, thank you MrRubix, for bringing this up to me again.
Shadowcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:36 AM   #47
AmreKept
FFR Player

I'd say I'm sorta a lucid dreamer. Sometimes it'll work, sometimes not.

Weird thing: I've tried "flying" in my dreams before and 100% of the time I'll just keep floating up and wake up because I'm scared of heights. :P
AmreKept is offline   Reply With Quote