Old 11-22-2006, 12:28 AM   #1
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR
Default TWG XXXVIII: THE RACE POSTGAME

okay here's your player list along with roles:

1.sertman (alextp1651) MCCARTHY
2.talisman (stressreliefball) DEMOCRAT
3.chromer (stinnettefamily1) DEMOCRAT (JFK)
4.vashthestampede0987 (Pyro31191) DEMOCRAT
5.iggymatrixcounter (iggy911mc) BALLOT BOX STUFFER
6.hanssky (notsofaroff) RIGGER
7.jurseyrider734 (imjurs) SECRET SERVICE
8.stoicroivas (stoicroivas) CANDIDATE
9.wilkin (Wilkini Evili) POISONER
10.minineo (min1ne0) RIGGER
11.hitheycallmegod (HiTheyCallMeGod) POISONER
12.DiscoBobbyParanoia (DBP TWG) DEMOCRAT
13.nijatwo (RebelNija) BALLOT BOX STUFFER
14.petpro32 (NEED YOUR AIM) CANDIDATE
15.mattc16 (mattc16mcfc) CANDIDATE
16.xobserverx (xTried N Truex) CANDIDATE (REAGAN)
17.omeganitros (OmegaNoxim) BALLOT BOOTH TAMPERER
18.guidohunter (ElSoyokaze) CANDIDATE

the discriptions that i sent to the players are here:

You are the Ballot Box Stuffer. You stuff the ballot box each day with two votes. You may place both of the votes on the same person, or you may divide them as you please. You have an illegal role, so it is imperitive that your role does not become public(posted in the thread). You may tell people about it in private, but be careful not to tell any democrats.

You are the Rigger: You remove one voter from the daily voting. PM me the name any time before voting ends. You have an illegal role, so it is imperitive that your role does not become public(posted in the thread). You may tell people about it in private, but be careful not to tell any democrats.

You are the Poisoner: You hang around bars late at night with the other candidates, and slip presents into their drinks. You may poison two people each night. If they are a blue role that acts on another player during the night, they will perform this action on the next person down the list. If they are a Democrat, they will Politically assassinate one person down the list from their target. You have an illegal role, so it is imperitive that your role does not become public(posted in the thread). You may tell people about it in private, but be careful not to tell any democrats.

You are the Ballot Booth Tamperer: Twice a game you may slide the punch cards in wrong, so that the person on one end of the vote card is left off, and all votes are moved down one. You have an illegal role, so it is imperitive that your role does not become public(posted in the thread). You may tell people about it in private, but be careful not to tell any democrats.

You are Joe McCarthy - Once during the game you spread anonymous rumors about a fellow candidate during the night. In the morning, that player will be declared a Communist, and be removed from the race. You have an illegal role, so it is imperitive that your role does not become public(posted in the thread). You may tell people about it in private, but be careful not to tell any democrats.

You are a Secret Service Agent: Each night you guard a candidate of your choosing, and make sure nothing happens to them. Your role is not illegal, but if your identity comes out, you lose the power to guard people at night.

You are a Democrat. You and your fellow democrats () have infiltrated the GOP. How you have managed to become a CANDIDATE, we may never know. Each night you and your fellow wolves will PM me a name. In the morning that player will be politically assassinated.

You are a Candidate. The election is upon us. You've waited your whole life to run for president, and you're not going to let some pinko-commie democrats ruin it for you.

IN ADDITION: JFK AND REAGAN GOT 1.5 VOTES TAKEN AWAY FROM THEM EACH DAY, FOR CHARISMA.

each night i flipped a coin. heads i ressurected someone. tails, nobody came back.

i drew names out of a hat for the ressurected player.

your name didnt go in the hat if you had been outed with an illegal role, or if you were removed for inactivity.

MVP's

GAME MVP: DBP for infiltrating the human alliance.

HONORABLE MENTIONS: Talisman for staying under the radar, Stoic for making everyone think there was a third party, and everyone who stayed active and posted.

fun fact: the Hans guard was made possible by an accurate poisoning.

as with last game, i think that people value the human alliance way too much. Large human alliances seem to prove the downfall of the humans. especially in a game like this where you have to use your role to get into the alliance, and your role can get you thrown out of the game. i think the humans would have had a much better shot if they had all played green. you would have had the wolves COMPLETELY mystified. That was the human advantage in this game, and i tried to set it up so that you'd hold on to that advantage.

good game everyone, well played wolves.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:34 AM   #2
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987
Default Re: TWG XXXVIII: THE RACE POSTGAME

rofl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
Old 11-22-2006, 12:43 AM   #3
FoJaR
The Worst

what are you laughing at? you're lucky i didnt throw you out.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:43 AM   #4
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DiscoBobbyPARANOiA

Fun fact: I told hithey to poison vash so I wouldn't have to worry about trying to hit jurs. Instead I just went for hans and knew it would go down one.

Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:44 AM   #5
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to xObserveRx Send a message via MSN to xObserveRx

Solid game everyone (well, those of you who played.)

Why was I the only one who thought that a wolf penetrating the human alliance to get all the roles out, only to expose them and end the game was a good idea? (well, the only human who thought that a wolf might try that.) (GJ DBP :P)

Also, what made everyone trust DBP anyway? Have none of you played with him before? He and Stoic were on my list from day one and remained there, even in the final minutes of the game. I almost voted DBP the last night, but decided against it, as I knew it'd be useless anyway.

Anyway, next time, let's get some more active people playing here; that was one of the big deciding factors IMO. Like four or five of us (Hans, DBP, Stoic, Iggy, Wilkin and I [Talis with the honourable mention... jurs too]) were the only people who really did anything this game, at least forum or IM wise. (Unless all you bastards didn't trust me like you should've and were scheming behind my back.)

It also seemed that a lot of people in the game didn't really want to be in it. Which only added to the inactivity. But that aside, I had a really good time playing with the people who were active. I got in some decent interaction with Iggy and Wilkin this game; something I haven't really gotten that much of before. Convo with DBP and Stoic was abundant, as usual and much of that helped me come to my deductions (which no one aside from DBP heard of.)

God, you must've been thinking "Wow, if this kid only knew..." so many times DBP... kudos.

Oh yeah... Stoic, you've now been completely school by me AND your brother. How does that feel? HAHAHA

EDIT: Totally forgot to mention the thing about Chromer being a wolf. I called it from the moment he posted... and he was! How ****ing awesome am I?!

Last edited by xObserveRx; 11-22-2006 at 12:49 AM..
Old 11-22-2006, 12:46 AM   #6
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
what are you laughing at? you're lucky i didnt throw you out.
Owned.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:51 AM   #7
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Double post, woot.

I'm making a thread concerning the irl rule. Read it.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:52 AM   #8
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

4 wolves and 1 third party with roles that were absolutely useless in finding wolves? Meh, more later, but this game was terribly unbalanced.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:56 AM   #9
HiTheyCallMeGod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HiTheyCallMeGod

well, i guess ill have to be more active next game lol, anyways GG wolves. it was fun.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:29 AM   #10
FoJaR
The Worst

hey hans: what third party?
Old 11-22-2006, 01:38 AM   #11
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Oh...who were the five non-republicans then? 4 democrats plus...secret service agent? Sorry I skimmed.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:39 AM   #12
FoJaR
The Worst

there werent 5. stoic made his role up.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:08 AM   #13
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

That's why hans sucks at alliance leader stoic should have been saved.

Good job hans you effectively pushed for the lynch of someone who was 99% human. Everyone else must have been 100% lol.

GG wolves, chromer was a lucky stab and talisman was one that kind of fooled me. The other two were linked with their fake roles and I only figured it out when it was too late.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:07 AM   #14
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Yeah I didn't mean for that "hairy" comment to mean I was a wolf. It just came out wrong. ^_^
Old 11-22-2006, 11:43 AM   #15
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

First off, in case you didn't catch it already, I made up my role entirely. I was a canidate (green). I got the impression that the game would be lacking in activity so I decided to get the ball rolling for the humans, and that I did.

Secondly, thanks to Jurs being completely irrational a majority of the time I talked to her, I died. I'd like to know why and who she guarded in my stead, as hans was clearly a bad alternate to myself.

Thirdly, did DBP actually get roles from someone? If so, who? I expressed to many people numerous times that I did not trust him and that I thought he was a wolf. Yet time and time again they go to him with information after I explicitly told them to be careful of him.

Lastly, balance plz.

This was a fun game but it definitely needed a lot more work balancing. The human's primary wolf finding tool, vote patterns/reasons/timing/etc. was entirely taken away, so what did we get in return? A lot of blue roles that could easily hurt us as much as they helped us and not a single seer to be found. After many I'd figured out many roles I really thought it would have been a 3 wolf game, which still would have been a bit tough, but do-able if people would have listened to me. But to have 4 wolves and 1 solid blue is a tad rough with no voting evidence to analyze.

As far as wolves go, DBP and Talisman were pretty obvious, and the other two didn't really do anything. DBP was more or less a gut feeling and knowing how he normally acts. Pur conversations were noticeably different right from the get-go. Talisman eventually told me of a role he had, but it was clearly kinda shady and fake sounding, not to mentioned the fact he refused to reveal the name of his role.

I know all the 'vets' don't like inventiveness, but I'm always up for a new TWG idea and look forward to more creative games.

P.S. Make me a wolf for once.
-Bowser
Old 11-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #16
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to xObserveRx Send a message via MSN to xObserveRx

You have been a wolf before stoic; I owned you... remember?
Old 11-22-2006, 02:42 PM   #17
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

first off, humans lost, wolves did not win.

1) you were all completely inactive
2) you gave your roles out to people
3) stoic it was a ballsy play but you should have waited to see if hans was going to come out before doing what you did. with two alliance heads, the info and the guardian were split. And who do you think jurs would trust? You could have been the independent, for all she knew. hans was clearly the correct guarding for her.
4) everyone one of you should have realized that I was a wolf. I suck at being a wolf, and it shows immediately. Granted, I wasn't trying that hard (especially after all my plans were ****ed when iggy didn't die) and had no clue what blues were out there. The role I made up to stoic was laughable. (interesting note, I actually did have a name ready to go on the spot there, but I felt it would be more in character for me to ask fojar first).
5) you all trusted dbp so much lmao.
6) the game may or may not have been unbalanced. Wilkin and hithey were huge roles, and could have really been damaging. However, not having to vote publically was an INSANE advantage for us. I know that I nine out of the ten times I spot wolves as a human it's when they're justifying their votes, or responding to an attack. That whole dynamic was gone, and I think that compounded the inactivity problem (at least on the thread).
7) you didn't capitalize on our errors. I know dbp more than once told people about having talked to me, yet if you'd asked us for the convo, we would have been caught red-handed. Hell I remember iggy coming to me like "dbp says you're going to vote for me" and I was hella stressed, but played it off, and iggy didn't follow it up.
8) new kids got to step up to the plate.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:20 PM   #18
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman

When I was reading through the game, the one thing that I thought to myself is "Why isn't anyone focusing on DBP?"

I probably would have used my vigi powers on either him or Hans... oh well lucky for the wolves I was killed immediately.

Old 11-22-2006, 05:03 PM   #19
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sertman View Post
When I was reading through the game, the one thing that I thought to myself is "Why isn't anyone focusing on DBP?"

I probably would have used my vigi powers on either him or Hans... oh well lucky for the wolves I was killed immediately.
Actually, I was wondering why no one was looking at DBP myself. He was showing pretty wolfy behavior by posting ALOT and talking.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:34 AM   #20
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Stoic and I were talking about DBP for a little while, and Stoic said he thought DBP and HiThey could be wolves or something together, but we quickly went past that thought. I got the impression from Stoic that he thought DBP was human, so I talked to him a little bit at the end of the game. All in all, it was really confusing. At the end I started to lose trust in Stoic because I questioned why I had trusted him to begin with. I also didn't entirely trust Hans because the night he got guarded he asked for me to guard him (even though it had to do with the poisoning and stuff). If he hadn't asked, I probably would have trusted him a lot more. Stoic kept telling me he thought talisman was green, so I didn't think much of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Closed Thread