Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
rpgkid364
FFR Player

Default New Here

Hi, Im rpgkid and im here to play FFR

I had Stepmania for a while and and soon i found out that i can make songs with it

Can anyone explain me how to make 'em, or if u know a better editing program and how to post them and any tips?

I plan to make some from some of my favorite games since FFR doesnt have'em so keep an eye out
rpgkid364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome
Default Re: New Here

Welcome to FFR.

We have a guide up on how to make simfiles. http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=82080

Also you can't just use any song you want. You have to get the artist's permission. Check here for more details. http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...splay.php?f=63
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Welcome to FFR!

Kagome covered mostly everything. Another program that is used to create step charts is DDreamStudio. It's an excellent program to sync music with, but can be complicated to use.

Since you're here to play, many of your gameplay needs can be found in a drop down menu where there's a variety of statistics you can view.

One game stat is Overall Rank. Overall Rank is an indicator of how much you've played. It's ran through everyone's GTS (Grand Total Score). The more points you have, the lower your Overall Rank is. Your GTS can be viewed from the link above, your Gamer Card in you profile, or at the top, right-handed corner of the website.

A low Average Rank is quite different than Overall Rank because it's an excellent indication of your skill level. Average Rank consists of finding the average for every rank you possess in every song, excluding Tokens/Skill Tokens. To view your rank for each level, review your level ranks. If you scroll to the bottom of that page, you'll notice helpful statistics like the following...

Another excellent skill level indication is the Tier Points system. There are five tier ranks; T4 (Pro), T3 (Expert), T2 (Master), T1 (Guru), T0 (God). To be in one of them, you must have a certain amount of tier points. To possess tier points, you must achieve certain scores. Additional information could be found in this thread.

A frecuently asked question is, "how many credits is needed to unlock the complete collection of secret songs in the Secret genre?" The information is contained in this thread. That thread, also, has specific information regarding each song level (difficulty, time length, BPM, total notes, top 10 longest/shortest songs, etc...). It's very useful in all aspects of the game.

Another question sometimes asked is about Tokens/Skill Tokens. Tokens are small, golden tokens with the FFR logo on it that are dispersed throughout the site. It's a game of hide-and-seek. Do not ask where they're located on this site. Once found, they're located in the Token Genre.

Skill Tokens are different, for you must accomplish certain requirements in order to unlock new song levels. The requierments are bolded below the song title. Once you meet the requirement, a white window will appear and the song will be found in the Skill Token Genre.

Yet, another token is the Achievement Tokens. It's very similar to the above two tokens, for it's located in the Token Genre, yet it's obtained much like a Skill Token.

The last type of token is the Support Token. To obtain it, you must download a featured artist's album and you'll be rewarded with a token related to such artist. Check the FFR Store drop down menu, under Album Download for more details. Make sure to refresh the FFR Game once obtained any token.

I hope this was somewhat helpful. Once again, welcome to FFR. Be nice, courteous, but most importantly have fun!
Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him
EAGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:02 PM   #4
rpgkid364
FFR Player

Thanks 4 the reply

Oh and i asked 4 permision in advance

Is that Ok?
I only just started making songs and i already finished one but i plan to make a couple of em.I dont know if they will be any good but i plan to make the best ones i can

anyway thansks
Old 12-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #5
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

If you're making songs and you think other people might want to listen to them, post a topic for them here
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:34 PM   #6
rpgkid364
FFR Player

Well i like some VG music so mostly i'll be making some from Games

Right now I'm going to make songs from 2 games

Shin Megami Tensei-Persona 4
Mana Khemia Alchemist of Al-Revis

I like the songs from the soundtracks and i want to make some from these
I hope some people can play these songs(even though they come from a newbie)
Old 12-22-2008, 07:30 PM   #7
sarahxjane
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Hello there random member.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funmonkey54 View Post
*knock knock*
*opens door*
Hello sir, I am a representative from eBay.
Um, ok. May I help you?
Yes, I am going to need some more information. What is your social security, work hours, sperm count, sexual orientation, and hours of absence from your home?

as of December 11th 2009.
Proud One Hander! 113 AAAs & 295 Full Combos
sarahxjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:32 PM   #8
Quigly
nah
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGAMES View Post
Welcome to FFR!

Kagome covered mostly everything. Another program that is used to create step charts is DDreamStudio. It's an excellent program to sync music with, but can be complicated to use.

Since you're here to play, many of your gameplay needs can be found in a drop down menu where there's a variety of statistics you can view.

One game stat is Overall Rank. Overall Rank is an indicator of how much you've played. It's ran through everyone's GTS (Grand Total Score). The more points you have, the lower your Overall Rank is. Your GTS can be viewed from the link above, your Gamer Card in you profile, or at the top, right-handed corner of the website.

A low Average Rank is quite different than Overall Rank because it's an excellent indication of your skill level. Average Rank consists of finding the average for every rank you possess in every song, excluding Tokens/Skill Tokens. To view your rank for each level, review your level ranks. If you scroll to the bottom of that page, you'll notice helpful statistics like the following...

Another excellent skill level indication is the Tier Points system. There are five tier ranks; T4 (Pro), T3 (Expert), T2 (Master), T1 (Guru), T0 (God). To be in one of them, you must have a certain amount of tier points. To possess tier points, you must achieve certain scores. Additional information could be found in this thread.

A frecuently asked question is, "how many credits is needed to unlock the complete collection of secret songs in the Secret genre?" The information is contained in this thread. That thread, also, has specific information regarding each song level (difficulty, time length, BPM, total notes, top 10 longest/shortest songs, etc...). It's very useful in all aspects of the game.

Another question sometimes asked is about Tokens/Skill Tokens. Tokens are small, golden tokens with the FFR logo on it that are dispersed throughout the site. It's a game of hide-and-seek. Do not ask where they're located on this site. Once found, they're located in the Token Genre.

Skill Tokens are different, for you must accomplish certain requirements in order to unlock new song levels. The requierments are bolded below the song title. Once you meet the requirement, a white window will appear and the song will be found in the Skill Token Genre.

Yet, another token is the Achievement Tokens. It's very similar to the above two tokens, for it's located in the Token Genre, yet it's obtained much like a Skill Token.

The last type of token is the Support Token. To obtain it, you must download a featured artist's album and you'll be rewarded with a token related to such artist. Check the FFR Store drop down menu, under Album Download for more details. Make sure to refresh the FFR Game once obtained any token.

I hope this was somewhat helpful. Once again, welcome to FFR. Be nice, courteous, but most importantly have fun!
Daaammmnnnn

Oh yeah. Hi. =)
Old 12-22-2008, 07:34 PM   #9
MDMAngel
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigly View Post
Daaammmnnnn

Oh yeah. Hi. =)
I'm pretty sure you already know this, but...

The forum rules state you can't quote an obsessively large quote.

MDMAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:36 PM   #10
Quigly
nah
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMAngel View Post

Actually I didn't haha. In fact I never really read the forum rules at all. I should probably do that sometime...
Old 12-22-2008, 08:01 PM   #11
Tr44nc33
FFR Player

Welcome.

Last edited by Tr44nc33; 12-22-2008 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: You have no evidence :D
Tr44nc33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:04 PM   #12
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMAngel View Post

I didn't know that, either. 0.o

I ninja'd Tr44nc33 two pages ago.
Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him
EAGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote