Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2015, 04:57 AM   #21
FF_rules
FF Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Where do you focus on the gameplay screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLiTz View Post
I typically have been staring at just the bar and striking keys as they cross that plane but as I've progressed to more difficult songs
Whenever I get to thicker/denser patterns I start to stare even further away from the keys/bar (where you hit them). I tend to stare at the center 2 (up down) row at around half from the bottom (I'm up scroll). I also play on 2.55 speed atm (gone up to 2.9~3 but that's just too fast imo); I also can play staring right at the opposite side and just playing off short term memory (Which is a habit I learned to do when I was really bad at streaming back when I first played; it helped me cluster different patterns of arrows for a relatively straight forward stream tempo).

As of late I've been staring closer and closer to the bar though; It's something I needed to do to get better PA.

FF_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 07:41 AM   #22
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Dead centre but my focus shifts to the right or left depending on the patterns (mostly focus on right hand to keep time)
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:04 AM   #23
KLiTz
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

FEEDBACK!! You guys are awesome.

Looks like the general consensus is I need to stop focusing on the receptors. It seemed like I had hit a wall by doing so, especially with more difficult files like I said in the OP. My PA suffers a bit staring at the flow of arrows but once my eyes adjust to their new spot I'd imagine that will improve.

Thanks errrrrbody.

EDIT: and today I learned they're called "RECEPTORS"...... lulz @ keystrike bar

Last edited by KLiTz; 03-21-2015 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: because knowledge
KLiTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:46 AM   #24
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLiTz View Post
FEEDBACK!! You guys are awesome.

Looks like the general consensus is I need to stop focusing on the receptors. It seemed like I had hit a wall by doing so, especially with more difficult files like I said in the OP. My PA suffers a bit staring at the flow of arrows but once my eyes adjust to their new spot I'd imagine that will improve.

Thanks errrrrbody.

EDIT: and today I learned they're called "RECEPTORS"...... lulz @ keystrike bar
@Bolded, this is a natural occurrence for following the arrows as they meet your receptors. PA (and MA) drop when you do this because you aren't set on a spot and the timing window in which your eyes think they are actually is like half a second to a second off at times. I've noticed that a good counter to that is take brief looks at scrolling arrows and switch back to a set-in-stone spot, like I mainly stare at where it says "Marvellous (Amazing on FFR) and Perfect!" and that's where I get my accuracy from, and I don't miss when I scroll my eyes.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote