Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2004, 04:05 PM   #1
IAMTHEEVILBEAN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to IAMTHEEVILBEAN
Default Guns

I was wondering when the first gun was created and by whom.....was it Henry Colt?
IAMTHEEVILBEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:09 PM   #2
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

No Henry Colt made the colt rifle...hence the name. Guns were around long before him...it's hard to distinguish when the first 'gun' was even made, since the Chinese were using rockets fueled by gunpowder hundreds of years before what we think of a 'gun' came around.

Go to google, run a search...

Edit: Ah, here we go. Should answer your question, Bean.

http://riv.co.nz/rnza/hist/gun/firstgun.htm
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:13 PM   #3
heyhey11
FFR Player

Whoever it was should have maybe thought off something better to do with gunpowder

Guns kill
Case closed
heyhey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:14 PM   #4
IAMTHEEVILBEAN
FFR Player

of course they kill

thats why they are guns
Old 01-12-2004, 06:18 PM   #5
heyhey11
FFR Player

yeah but my father and my uncle both died of illegal guns and neither of the shooters was found because instead of those pussys fighting they just shot 2 innocent people
Old 01-12-2004, 06:27 PM   #6
VxDx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to VxDx

sucks for you, but it wasn't the guns fault.
VxDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:32 PM   #7
IAMTHEEVILBEAN
FFR Player

Dont blame the arrow...blame the indian
Old 01-12-2004, 07:25 PM   #8
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

And guns arent JUST for killing. There's target ranges and that one game with the discs. I think the correct statement would be "Guns are meant for shooting."
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 07:53 PM   #9
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

That one game with the disks is called 'skeet shooting'.

Anyway, even if we didn't have guns, there would always be killing and death and destruction because that's what people do. It is in our nature to destroy each other. We simply are not meant to peacefully co-exist with other members of our own species. It's harsh, but it's the truth.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 07:57 PM   #10
heyhey11
FFR Player

Sorry my opinion is very biased so just disregard my posts
Old 01-13-2004, 03:02 PM   #11
Burning_Cyclope
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Burning_Cyclope Send a message via MSN to Burning_Cyclope Send a message via Yahoo to Burning_Cyclope

heyhey11, that statement was almost retarded.

re-read what you said, keeping in mind that the defenition of opnion is "biased", understand it, and kick yourself repeatedly in the ass for saying it.

This forum was created for you to get your opinions out there and heard, and possibly refute them with evidence.

Burning_Cyclope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:18 PM   #12
chillywilly
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to chillywilly Send a message via MSN to chillywilly

Quote:
Whoever it was should have maybe thought off something better to do with gunpowder

Guns kill
Case closed
no no no. guns resolve indifferrences quicker and with less deaths. yes, less deaths.
if it wasnt for guns, imagine all the carnage on d-day, or any military action for that matter, with swords. and US is like the only country that has legal gun use. in britan, guns are highly illegal, cops dont even have them. they are considered weapons of war. i will end my rant now.
chillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 06:52 PM   #13
Master_of_PARANOiA
FFR Player

i think burning cyclops pwnd heyhey...
guns suck in real life (except during war, god that would be horrific... imagine if you will: a tank with a sword instead of a gun (O_O...), but in video games theyre fun
iamtheevilbean is correct tho, guns dont kill people, people kill people (using guns/other weapons)
Master_of_PARANOiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 07:00 PM   #14
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Guns don't kill...

People do.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 09:13 PM   #15
HNJhack
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HNJhack

Thankyou for that wonderful addition Moogy.^_^ But I shoot. Mainly target shooting, sometimes i shoot trap and skeet(sporting clays). I enjoy it, but I would never shoot anyone unless my or a friend or family member's life was in danger. Personally i feel that the world has a twisted view on guns. heyhey has a good reason to be pesmistic about them, he had a runin with them on several occassions and both turned out bas for his family. But people who base thier opinion on the news, they have a severally skewed perspective on firearms.

The media makes guns out to be killing machines, which i guess that yes, they are killing machines. That was there purpose, at least it was for the older ones, look at the M16 class of rifles.You have the M16 and the civilian version the AR15, same gun, only difference is that the M16 has semi suto/3 shot burst/and full auto. You can get an AR15 to go full auto by popping a small cable under the bolt. But back to the point. The diameter of the bullet is still .22 cal. Yes, it is the same cal as a .22 lng rifle( a rifle you may use for plinking, but the upscale models are used for indoor competitions(good one goes for about $1500+). The sole pupose of the M16 was not to kill people.

Yes you read right, the sole purpose of an M16 was not to kill, but rather to injure. The creators figured that if they could injure a peson bad enough(put a hole through him) they would take several people of the battle field at once. Because the other forces would have to have some people carry the injured person off the field for medical attention, it would act in thier favor.So infact not all guns were meant to kill. But ALL can, even pellet guns.

The guns that the gov't are banning are utterly useless. Why ban AK47s, When was the last time someone had an AK47 and used it to shoot people in the streets, ... I don't ever recall and incident like that taking place, know why, because nobody sells them in this country. Why try to ban Barett 50 cal machine guns, i can hardly carry one for more than 20 min, let alone walk anywhere, or run somewhere. Plus when you fire one it practically rips your shoulder out of the socket,(it would break your shoulder if you didn't hold it right). so how could you ever have a killing spree with one.

COm eon now, who the fuck would ban M79 grenade launchers, i haven't seen one in a store, EVER!!!! The only time i saw one was on a military base. Plus, even if you could get a hold of one, where would you buy the ammo for it, have you seen any signs for "ROCKET PROPELLED GRNADE AMMO SOLD HERE" or the likes? No!!, I live in Massechussetts, and this place is a fucking pussy state. To prove it, they have made skingshots illegal.you can be arrested for having a homemade one too. Come on now, a slingshot? What the fuck are we gonna do kill some pigeons? wow big loss there, we have 5 billion of them in boston alone.

My god this world sucks monster donkey balls. This world is being populated by pussies and yuppies. Do some real unbiased research before you try to do shit like that.^_^

(As you could probably tell, i feel strongly towards the subject at hand, and that is my rant^_^) ^_^

- 無秩序の神
HNJhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 09:15 PM   #16
teh_blinky
FFR Player

GUNS ARE LIEK COOL THEY SHOOT STUFF AND PEOPLE DIE AND IT FUNNY AAHAAHA
teh_blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 09:19 PM   #17
Burning_Cyclope
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Burning_Cyclope Send a message via MSN to Burning_Cyclope Send a message via Yahoo to Burning_Cyclope

HNJ, I really don't see why it even MATTERS to you guns that noone ever uses but the military are banned....

you said it yourself, noone ever uses them. so logically, noone will miss them.

Old 01-14-2004, 07:56 AM   #18
Anonymous
FFR Player

Quote:
GUNS ARE LIEK COOL THEY SHOOT STUFF AND PEOPLE DIE AND IT FUNNY AAHAAHA
go kill yourself with a gun goddam n00b
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 03:33 PM   #19
Burning_Cyclope
FFR Player

go sign up, goddamn n00b

Old 01-19-2004, 03:10 AM   #20
Magus073
FFR Player

A gun has never technically killed anyone, people die from massive bleeding and 'important pieces' being missing it isn't the piece of metal thats the problem... I'll probably get attacked for this (I'm half-joking), but if you think about it it's true!
Magus073 is offline   Reply With Quote