Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #21
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Default Re: 0.5 speed mod?

Just go watch replays and use "pause"

pce
Old 08-15-2009, 08:49 PM   #22
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
im pretty sure theres a way to change the percentage of the screen that sudden takes up
I make courses, and I have yet to come across this without changing offset..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnnicol View Post
Just go watch replays and use "pause"

pce
There's a difference between actually watching the pattern and actually playing the pattern. Whole point of playing it slower is to have your hands hit it at a slower pace to understand it.

P.s. Playing other songs that have similarity is a better alternative in this case, but so is SM or ~Zero~'s method of hitting stuff he can't read (randomly tap)
Oni-Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #23
Etylukah
Ultimate Gamer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia View Post
Half true.. Lowering your speed so substantially doesn't make a bigger difference..

I can read C1100, but c1000 is more suitable to read and MA while anything below c850 just makes it difficult to MA. Also, it took you a couple of months to read slower which won't help on difficult songs. lololol

P.s. Play windowed and lower the screen for more efficient screen cutting.
Oh it helps on difficult songs, it just don't help as much as being able to MA and combo at same time. It's pretty much why i FC'd nearly everything here on FFR but can't even unlock Oni. My PA sucks on harder charts. *hai x1*

Lower the screen? Making the screen smaller is pretty much the same as playing with my c-mod. If you mean re-sizing it stretch the whole game so it doesn't work.. If you mean hiding it behind something like the windows taskbar yeah that could do it..

btw High speedmod is better than low speedmod, i'm just an exception.

*0.5x and 0.75x mods could have been interesting for fun factor like 3.0x but definitely not something to stay on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
im pretty sure theres a way to change the percentage of the screen that sudden takes up
I wasted 30min of my life trying to find a way to change this and searched through a couple of forums without finding anything so yeah, if you know i'm definitely interested.

Last edited by Etylukah; 08-15-2009 at 08:56 PM..
Etylukah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #24
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etylukah View Post
Oh it helps on difficult songs, it just don't help as much as being able to MA and combo at same time. It's pretty much why i FC'd nearly everything here on FFR but can't even unlock Oni. My PA sucks on harder charts. *hai x1*

Lower the screen? Making the screen smaller is pretty much the same as playing with my c-mod. If you mean re-sizing it stretch the whole game so it doesn't work.. If you mean hiding it behind something like the windows taskbar yeah that could do it..

btw High speedmod is better than low speedmod, i'm just an exception.

*0.5x and 0.75x mods could have been interesting for fun factor like 3.0x but definitely not something to stay on.

I wasted 30min of my life trying to find a way to change this and searched through a couple of forums without finding anything so yeah, if you know i'm definitely interested.
FFR is a different matter. Anything can be FCed with a bit of mashing.

Yea, i meant window your SM and drag it to the bottom of the screen to hide whatever you don't wanna see.

Higher > lower << That is a true statement to a certain extent

I don't see anything interesting about playing with such a low speed mod.. Otherwise go play bag on DDR xD

P.s. There is no way to change the area of sudden or hidden. That crap is hidden within a .lua file I strongly believe
Old 08-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #25
Etylukah
Ultimate Gamer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I don't see anything interesting about playing with such a low speed mod.. Otherwise go play bag on DDR xD
Oh i'd play bag any time.

It's just a matter of fun.
I was like, ''oh since i probably will never be the best i'll just play with those stupid mods and low c-mod''.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #26
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etylukah View Post
I'm still looking for a way to cut a bigger part of the screen with sudden on SM to be able to read even slower c-mod for laughs.
==adding custom amounts of Sudden in SM 3.9==

So in metrics.ini (under Themes -> default) there's a set of mods called Appearance. For example the default would say Appearance=6 and then have an AppearanceDefault line and 6 lines of mods. If you want to add a new one, change it to Appearance=7 (because there are going to be 7 mods) and then, somewhere after AppearanceDefault but before the empty line, add
Code:
Appearance,7=mod,75% sudden;name,75sudden
Of course you should change the number before the % depending on what you like, or maybe even add a few if you aren't sure what you will want to use. It can go over 100%. Then go to Themes -> default -> Languages -> english.ini and below [OptionNames] find the section with hidden, sudden, etc. in it, and add (for instance)
Code:
75sudden = 75% SUDDEN
The thing on the left side is the name from before and the thing on the right side is how you want it to show up in the option screen. Now when you next start SM you should be able to use that mod. Enjoy
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #27
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
==adding custom amounts of Sudden in SM 3.9==

So in metrics.ini (under Themes -> default) there's a set of mods called Appearance. For example the default would say Appearance=6 and then have an AppearanceDefault line and 6 lines of mods. If you want to add a new one, change it to Appearance=7 (because there are going to be 7 mods) and then, somewhere after AppearanceDefault but before the empty line, add
Code:
Appearance,7=mod,75% sudden;name,75sudden
Of course you should change the number before the % depending on what you like, or maybe even add a few if you aren't sure what you will want to use. It can go over 100%. Then go to Themes -> default -> Languages -> english.ini and below [OptionNames] find the section with hidden, sudden, etc. in it, and add (for instance)
Code:
75sudden = 75% SUDDEN
The thing on the left side is the name from before and the thing on the right side is how you want it to show up in the option screen. Now when you next start SM you should be able to use that mod. Enjoy
Wrong

Sudden starts about 70% up the screen. Changing the percentage will only change how hard the sudden effect will work.

I.E. Using 75% Sudden will only make the arrows semi-invisible where ever sudden effect the screen.

There is no way to decrease/increase the line of where sudden takes effect.

P.s. The best idea would be to use XXX% Centered. 100% Centered makes the step panel appear in the middle of the screen. So 130% - 160% Centered is probably what your going for.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #28
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Really? Huh. That's an odd way of programming the effect; seems like it'd be more useful (in terms of people doing mods) for sudden to just change the position at which notes appear.

Maybe some kind of perspective mod would do the trick better.
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #29
Etylukah
Ultimate Gamer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Wrong

Sudden starts about 70% up the screen. Changing the percentage will only change how hard the sudden effect will work.

I.E. Using 75% Sudden will only make the arrows semi-invisible where ever sudden effect the screen.

There is no way to decrease/increase the line of where sudden takes effect.

P.s. The best idea would be to use XXX% Centered. 100% Centered makes the step panel appear in the middle of the screen. So 130% - 160% Centered is probably what your going for.
I confirm, hello ghost arrows.

As for the centering, i've yet to try and see..
Old 08-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #30
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

I know all there is to know about mods and how they work ;]