Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 05:52 AM   #1821
Buttoxin
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The Wii is Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2awr View Post
Wii has no games really. Wii sports got boring in the first night...zelda was fun but I beat it in like 2 days
So because you beat a game in two days that makes it not a game?
Old 10-22-2007, 11:50 AM   #1822
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Wii has no games. He's right.

These 10 white boxes in my room with discs inside of them are candy. It's all a hoax!
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:24 PM   #1823
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Wii has no games. He's right.

These 10 white boxes in my room with discs inside of them are candy. It's all a hoax!
What I meant to say was GOOD game. I never said Zelda wasnt a game. Thats just 1 game. I havent played RE yet but if thats any good then thats what? 2 games? Go wii!
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:50 PM   #1824
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
What I meant to say was GOOD game. I never said Zelda wasnt a game. Thats just 1 game. I havent played RE yet but if thats any good then thats what? 2 games? Go wii!
well i guess you really didn't wanted one in the first place.
wario ware smooth moves
super mario strikers
dragon ball tenkaichi 2
super paper mario
metroid prime 3
trauma center
elebits
sonic and the secret rings (well is the only 3D sonic worth playing in this generation)
bleach: shattered blades
harry potter and the order of the phoenix ( of course the best version)

and next week zak and wiki quest for barbaros treasure and naruto clash of ninja revolution will be released (this is without mentioning the rain of GOOD titles that are coming on november )

Last edited by zidart; 10-22-2007 at 04:02 PM..
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:42 PM   #1825
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidart View Post
wario ware smooth moves
super mario strikers
dragon ball tenkaichi 2
super paper mario
metroid prime 3
trauma center
elebits
sonic and the secret rings (well is the only 3D sonic worth playing in this generation)

and next week zak and wiki quest for barbaros treasure and naruto clash of ninja revolution will be released (this is without mentioning the rain of GOOD titles that are coming on november )

wario, gets boring like I said
super mario strikers..lol...fifa is all I have to say
dragon ball games are horible and boring
paper mario games are awsome. Im sure the wii one is too. So thats 3 good games.
Metroid prime games are good, theres 4
never heard of trauma center or elebits. Cant be that amazing
I played the new sonic. Dont like it.
Anime games are usually horrible and Im sure bleach is too
all harry potter games are bad lol

So we have 4 good games. Go wii!
Old 10-22-2007, 05:11 PM   #1826
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

So, hearing about a game validates it?

There are plenty of under the radar games that are fantastic, but they don't get acknowledged by you because thy're not blockbusters?

Elbits and Trauma Center are nothing short of amazing. So that list gets bumped to 6.

You're just a big idiot. This is a useless arguement - not all Harry Potter games are bad and not all Fifa ...lol... games are wonderful. You're just an ass.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:45 PM   #1827
SuperSonicX
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to SuperSonicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidart View Post
wario ware smooth moves
super mario strikers
dragon ball tenkaichi 2
super paper mario
metroid prime 3
trauma center
elebits

I have to agree with all that you said except Sonic and the Secret Rings because I played that and it down right just sucked. I'm a Sonic-Fan don't get me wrong, its just some games just don't need to be made.
SuperSonicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:34 PM   #1828
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonicX View Post
I have to agree with all that you said except Sonic and the Secret Rings because I played that and it down right just sucked. I'm a Sonic-Fan don't get me wrong, its just some games just don't need to be made.
it's ok sonic and the secret rings is one of those games that some like it some hate it
Old 10-22-2007, 06:37 PM   #1829
SuperSonicX
FFR Player

The only question that I have right now is when is Nintendo gonna start releasing different colored Wii's instead of the traditional white?
Old 10-22-2007, 06:44 PM   #1830
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Quote:
never heard of trauma center or elebits. Cant be that amazing
You shouldn't even be commenting on how good a game is if you haven't even played it.

You're just a idiot. Also what makes you think all Harry Potter games suck. I think for fans of the movies the games are quite good. Especially with the wiimote.

Last edited by cC@Zz; 10-22-2007 at 06:48 PM..
cC@Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #1831
SuperSonicX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by cC@Zz View Post
You shouldn't even be commenting on how good a game is if you haven't even played it.

You're just a idiot. Also what makes you think all Harry Potter games suck. I think for fans of the movies the games are quite good. Especially with the wiimote.
No sense in arguing there, he has a point. Most people have heard of those games and do find them rather entertaining to play.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:30 PM   #1832
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

For fun (and to fuel the fire more):

I consider Elebits to be the best game on the Wii so far.

It's better than Zelda, Paper Mario, and Metroid Prime 3. It's that good.

Trauma Center is a close second. Phenomenal game. Preordered the sequel shortly after it was put online. I eagerly anticipate its arrival.

You constantly yelled at me saying I had no frame of reference on my Super Smash Bros. Melee skill level without playing other people, yet you come here and claim games suck because you've never even heard of them. Wow.

PS GUYS Tomorrow is Zack and Wiki launch day!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:38 PM   #1833
SuperSonicX
FFR Player

In agreement with Squeek, never judge a game before you play it. Who knows? It might end up becoming your most favorite one. By the way, does anyone know of any updates Nintendo has planned for the Wii?
Old 10-22-2007, 08:09 PM   #1834
l2awr
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
For fun (and to fuel the fire more):

I consider Elebits to be the best game on the Wii so far.

It's better than Zelda, Paper Mario, and Metroid Prime 3. It's that good.

Trauma Center is a close second. Phenomenal game. Preordered the sequel shortly after it was put online. I eagerly anticipate its arrival.

You constantly yelled at me saying I had no frame of reference on my Super Smash Bros. Melee skill level without playing other people, yet you come here and claim games suck because you've never even heard of them. Wow.

PS GUYS Tomorrow is Zack and Wiki launch day!
Ive played video games all my life. I use to play the story games like you guys do. Im pretty damn good at judging games. I know what I would and wouldnt like for the most part. Go to my profile and go look at my collection. Anyways lets say all those games that guy listed are "good", I doubt it, but lets just say they are. 10 good games. Wow...
Old 10-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #1835
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Ive played video games all my life. I use to play the story games like you guys do. Im pretty damn good at judging games. I know what I would and wouldnt like for the most part. Go to my profile and go look at my collection. Anyways lets say all those games that guy listed are "good", I doubt it, but lets just say they are. 10 good games. Wow...
there are more however those are the only ones i own.... and not all anime games suck, at least not bleach shattered blades and naruto clash of ninja.

besides let's remember that the wii (and the ps3) are still new consoles, and still it has more than 10 games (i guess i should add dewy's adventure and the second tiger woods for wii).

oh really? if you are a "damn good" at judging games then tell me why you bashed almost all those games? usually a good judge r "reviewer" wouldn't bash or say something negative of a game without a reason, so i'll have to agree with everyone else and say tha you are an idiot. and also i have to admit that you are a damn good at game bashing
Old 10-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #1836
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Oh no. 10 solid titles in less than a year with dozens on the horizon. That's TERRIBLE.

Considering there are zero on the PS3 and maybe five on the 360 (after two years now), ten is dominating everything.

You don't have any games listed on your profile. Only like 500 horrible music artists.

And no. You can't judge a book by its cover. You could watch gameplay videos and you still wouldn't know if you'd enjoy the game or not.

A recent example for me? Odin Sphere. Every RPG fan I know said Odin Sphere was amazing. Gameplay videos were solid. I bought it and played for a few hours. I haven't played since. It's boring. It's repetitive.

I'm hoping Zack and Wiki isn't going to end up like that. I have seen gameplay videos and heard many good things from all sorts of people, so here's hoping.

The funny thing about Elebits is that nobody told me about it. I found out about it from a three-second preview at E3 2006 during the first previews of how the Wii Remote was going to work.

I've put more hours into Elebits than any other game. That includes the 120 hours I have in Disgaea, 130 in Tales of Symphonia, and 150 in Tales of the Abyss.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:47 PM   #1837
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Quote:
I've been writing for about seven years. Does that mean I can pick up a book, glance at the cover, and know if I'll like it?

Hell no. It's that old adage, that you shouldn't judge something by its something...

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #1838
zidart
FFR Player

talking about zack and wiki... the reviews are out and acording to IGN, and gamestop the game is awesome.
IGN score: 9.0
gamespot score: 8.5

the good:
Clever and unique puzzles that are challenging without being overly difficult
Plenty of different stages to play through, some with multiple solutions
Sharp graphics with excellent art style
Good use of the Wii Remote.

the bad
Story and characters aren't especially interesting
Sometimes grating voice work.

so the only bad things are that it doesn't have voice acting and that the story is not really big (wich is not the reason i'm going to buy it)
Old 10-22-2007, 09:59 PM   #1839
SuperSonicX
FFR Player

Quote:
In that case, I would nominate you to work for GameInformer.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:10 PM   #1840
zidart
FFR Player

by the way the game is only 40$ (well still is expensive but for a next-gen game is cheap)