Arp!
The Toaster Poster
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: TWG 206: Betrayal at House on the Hill GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
OK thoughts on game stuff:

I like Arp's vibe, they seem like they are trying to get into the game

Noobies is quite focused on non-game stuff. that's to be expected for a noobie on D0 lol but it could also be a bit of trying to blend into the thread?

Freezi MIA after briefly popping in, not super weird, it's not very alignment indicative one way or another

Charu scary bird

Lar off the table (today) due to immaculate protection from Goddess Ayu

Everyone else talk more?
  • yay!
  • I think they're just trying to get to know everyone; I was kinda doing that too
  • maybe they forgot?
  • agreed
  • 👍
  • agreed
Arp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2023, 11:12 AM   #122
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

wow, I did not expect lists to look like that. oops!
Old 07-1-2023, 11:24 AM   #123
E-B-E
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
•The name in bolded red is the vote, so that's how we tell each other we're voting (you can also vote with [twgv] as the tag)

•I waited like 24 hours

•I already explained but I couldn't vote for Raeko because she's my Ayu Brother today

Some questions for you E-B-E:

Why shouldn't I vote you?

Is absence of content not a good reason to cast a vote? Wouldn't generating content in thread make it easier for town to solve?

Have you seen Princess Bride?
You shouldn't vote me because I'm a newcomer and don't want to die round one, and there are others who have given the same (and in some cases even less) content then I (notably FreezinICE and Lights).

Furthermore, regarding "Is absence of content not a good reason to cast a vote?"
...no it's not, there's literally a legal precedent of "Absence of evidence is not evidence in and of itself"

I have not seen Princess Bride due to being only 15, but I've heard of it and it is somewhat in my backlog of things to watch when I have the motivation lol.

But on the converse, why shouldn't I vote you? The aggressive early vote with no evidence included in that vote feels more like the play of a traitor who wants to try to kill the seer as early as possible, no?
E-B-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2023, 11:24 AM   #124
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arp! View Post
darn, I don't think I have access to either of those :c
Y'all ain't got Blu-ray discs where you at?

Quote:
wow, I did not expect lists to look like that. oops!
It looks like a list to me, although a little confusing at first to respond that way

Any more thoughts on the game?

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2023, 11:28 AM   #125
NoobiesAreTheBest
actual worm
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Noobies is quite focused on non-game stuff. that's to be expected for a noobie on D0 lol but it could also be a bit of trying to blend into the thread?
for a D0 conversation, and for a new player here, it's not surprising that i would talk about non-game stuff to other players, since i'm trying to get to know you guys better. as mentioned before, we do not have any information yet, (and i don't blame you suspecting me, as i talk more than i should be supposed to)

as for you, Raeko (is it ok if i call you Raeko), you seem pretty sincere in posting. also you're getting a pass from me for liking Sea of Thieves lol (for now >:D)
Old 07-1-2023, 11:36 AM   #126
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-B-E View Post
You shouldn't vote me because I'm a newcomer and don't want to die round one, and there are others who have given the same (and in some cases even less) content then I (notably FreezinICE and Lights).
Fair enough response.

Quote:
Furthermore, regarding "Is absence of content not a good reason to cast a vote?"
...no it's not, there's literally a legal precedent of "Absence of evidence is not evidence in and of itself"
I'll buck against this a little. in this game we are guaranteed to lose a town every night phase, whittling us down over time. The earlier we solve the game, the better. The way to solve is to determine motivations and sincerity of the other players, and everyone will disagree on the best way to achieve that but almost everyone will agree that you can't judge someone without any content to evaluate.

It's less to do with lack of content being evidence that you're a wolf

Quote:
I have not seen Princess Bride due to being only 15, but I've heard of it and it is somewhat in my backlog of things to watch when I have the motivation lol.
It's super good.

Quote:
But on the converse, why shouldn't I vote you? The aggressive early vote with no evidence included in that vote feels more like the play of a traitor who wants to try to kill the seer as early as possible, no?
Voting is not PR (Power Role) Hunting
Also we shouldn't really talk about PRs d0 because we don't want the real Seer to feel pressure to claim/slip up and say something that will target them in the night.

The reason I voted you over others is that you seem to had a strong first post but then didn't return. I wanted to see if you would engage with me if you had a vote, how quickly you would respond to me, if the logic of your rebuttal was sound, and if you disappear again once I move my vote or stick around.

Old 07-1-2023, 11:36 AM   #127
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

Quote:
Y'all ain't got Blu-ray discs where you at?
I don't think I own a device that can play blu-ray discs, unfortunately

Quote:
It looks like a list to me, although a little confusing at first to respond that way
my bad, I'll use quotes next time

Quote:
Any more thoughts on the game?
not really :c

I had a thought that, because you voted for E-B-E so early, both you and E-B-E could be werewolves and you could be trying to remove yourself from the discussion of who the werewolf is by being the first to vote one out, but...
- that would be a very rude thing to do to someone who has never played before, and you don't seem like that kind of person
- on second thought, that wouldn't even make sense because it would only make you more suspicious; the only person who is guaranteed to know the identity of a werewolf is the other werewolf
- AND you changed your vote anyway, so this line of thinking probably doesn't make any sense

there are too many possibilities right now to really make an informed decision, and the possibility I just described is barely a possibility at all, so I'm going to try to wait until there's a little more information to play around with
Old 07-1-2023, 11:37 AM   #128
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Mmmmmmmmmmm

NoobiesAreTheBest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2023, 11:37 AM   #129
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobiesAreTheBest View Post
(and i don't blame you suspecting me, as i talk more than i should be supposed to)
No no no don't let anyone ever tell you that you post too much in a game entirely played by posting

Old 07-1-2023, 11:38 AM   #130
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
for a D0 conversation, and for a new player here, it's not surprising that i would talk about non-game stuff to other players, since i'm trying to get to know you guys better. as mentioned before, we do not have any information yet, (and i don't blame you suspecting me, as i talk more than i should be supposed to)

as for you, Raeko (is it ok if i call you Raeko), you seem pretty sincere in posting. also you're getting a pass from me for liking Sea of Thieves lol (for now >)
Yes, Raeko is fine

I'm not necessarily suspicious of you at the moment but just taking note of how you are behaving so I can form a conclusion when I have a bit more info

Sea of Thieves is great though, I'm excited to play it again hehe.

Quote:
The aggressive early vote with no evidence included in that vote feels more like the play of a traitor who wants to try to kill the seer as early as possible, no?
I get where you are coming from and why Lar's vote looks suspect to you

Generally though you don't want to give any hints that you might or might not be the seer. It's usually the best idea to not mention the seer at all... don't make any guesses on who it is, don't imply that it might be yourself, don't give them any suggestions. Just let them do their thing and hide for as long as possible.

Also, usually super early votes like that are considered "pressure" votes. They're not generally the vote that someone will stick with at the end of the phase, rather they are voting the person in order to get them to respond/light a fire under their booty
mellon_collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2023, 11:39 AM   #131
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
I don't think I own a device that can play blu-ray discs, unfortunately

my bad, I'll use quotes next time

not really :c

I had a thought that, because you voted for E-B-E so early, both you and E-B-E could be werewolves and you could be trying to remove yourself from the discussion of who the werewolf is by being the first to vote one out, but...
- that would be a very rude thing to do to someone who has never played before, and you don't seem like that kind of person
- on second thought, that wouldn't even make sense because it would only make you more suspicious; the only person who is guaranteed to know the identity of a werewolf is the other werewolf
- AND you changed your vote anyway, so this line of thinking probably doesn't make any sense

there are too many possibilities right now to really make an informed decision, and the possibility I just described is barely a possibility at all, so I'm going to try to wait until there's a little more information to play around with
Okay, you're just town forever

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 07-1-2023, 11:39 AM   #132
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
that would be a very rude thing to do to someone who has never played before, and you don't seem like that kind of person
Hehehehehehe......
Old 07-1-2023, 11:40 AM   #133
NoobiesAreTheBest
actual worm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Mmmmmmmmmmm

NoobiesAreTheBest
fair enough. i wouldn't want to mess with the mighty bird anyways.

on the subject of voting, i shall cast mine too.

FreezinIce
Old 07-1-2023, 11:42 AM   #134
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Attention new players!

Voting is scary, HOWEVER, 99% of the time it's the correct thing to do! Someone has to be flipped, and understandably no one's wants to be flipped because then their game is done.

It's bad not to vote, bad for for town anyway!

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 07-1-2023, 11:44 AM   #135
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
fair enough. i wouldn't want to mess with the mighty bird anyways.

on the subject of voting, i shall cast mine too.

FreezinIce

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 07-1-2023, 11:45 AM   #136
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
I wish Sunfan was here to read this

What you're describing is called bussing (from the phrase "threw his friend under the bus") and it's sadly something that some birdsplayers do, but this would be a very egregious time to do because losing half your team as a wold d0 sucks, and the vets don't clear people for voting a wolf with no progression shown anyway. I hope my last post puts into context why I voted E-B-E and why I switched for you

Quote:
Mmmmmmmmmmm

NoobiesAreTheBest
Spicy
Very spicy

Old 07-1-2023, 11:46 AM   #137
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Attention new players!

Voting is scary, HOWEVER, 99% of the time it's the correct thing to do! Someone has to be flipped, and understandably no one's wants to be flipped because then their game is done.

It's bad not to vote, bad for for town anyway!
And this is Flash Flash Revolution, everyone will change their votes within 2 mins of the end of phase.... be ready for that! rofl
Old 07-1-2023, 11:47 AM   #138
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

Quote:
Hehehehehehe......
o.o'

Quote:
I'm going to try to wait until there's a little more information to play around with
actually my brain just processed the fact that being able to change your vote means that casting a vote isn't like this big final decision with massive consequences like I thought it was, so...

FreezinIce
Old 07-1-2023, 11:50 AM   #139
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Okay, you're just town forever
Honestly I sort of agree. Even setting aside that it's a lot of good reasoning for a new player, I don't think a new wolf player fakes that. We either got a town or a deduction game genius on our hands

Quote:
Hehehehehehe......
🤫

Old 07-1-2023, 11:50 AM   #140
NoobiesAreTheBest
actual worm

Quote:
And this is Flash Flash Revolution, everyone will change their votes within 2 mins of the end of phase.... be ready for that! rofl
dirty, very dirty... unfortunately that's off the table for me, like i said before, MST hits when i'll still be snoring. damn european timezones!