Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-5-2006, 03:41 AM   #21
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird
Default RE: Re: How long does it usually take you to beat games?

It all depends on the game really. It had about 80 hours on FFVII, but that was over the span of four years. I literally started the game freshman year of high school, and beat it a few months before Advent Children was released in Japan. I took really long breaks while playing the game (the longest being a year and a half).

I usually take my time when playing through games for the first time. I make sure I dont miss anything. It took me about 6-7 hours to play through ICO for the first time, though most of the time I was just admiring the art and level design. Same with Shadow of the Colossus (16 hours). I spent 4 hours solid just wandering around the map in awe of its massive size and beauty while eating fruit and hunting for lizard tails.

Katamari Damacy took me about 3 days to play through the first time. Though last Sunday I bcompleted it within a few hours.

FFX took me about 60 hours to beat which was about two weeks time in real life.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-5-2006, 06:21 PM   #22
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

Longest single game would probably be ~75hrs on Orge Battle 64. Then the game that I have played the most,yea they are kinda the same thing, would be stepmania or any ddr simulator. Think up to a 1/2 hour a day, everyday, for the last 5 years. NO this doesn't mean i play every day, but i did play a lot, sometimes too much at one time, to get that kind of average.

Most games don't tae that long anymore. I recently replayed THUG2 on the hardest difficulty and finished every goal within a few hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-6-2006, 12:43 AM   #23
Brainmaster07
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Brainmaster07

Lately it seems that there are few games that last for over 10 hours. I got Mega Man X Collections a few weeks ago and beat all 6 in two days, under 2 hours each and I got just about everything possible. I also just beat Lost Kingdoms in 4 hours today for no apparent reason. I cleared every difficulty in DMC3 in a week or so, granted it was insanely difficult (DMD! mode makes me want to kill someone). Even ToS only took me maybe 30 hours, might have been a bit longer, it's been a while. There's really been a lack of epic games lately. Only exception I can think of right now is DQVIII. Beat it yesterday after 90 hours since christmas (Finished at level 36, I could have spent a lot longer leveling). There needs to be more games like Xenogears! I probably spent a good 100 hours on that game, only just finished it last summer.

Of course, the longest I've spent on a game has to be Everquest. Played it constantly for 5 years... I'd guess 150+ days of played time. Disgaea is probably the longest on a console game. I've played it all the way through at least 8 times and have several files with level 1000+s.
Old 02-6-2006, 12:59 AM   #24
BALLS1242
FFR Player

FFX will tell you that I've played the game for more than 400 hours. That just means that I left the game on a boss battle or something for a few days straight before picking it up again. =\
BALLS1242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-6-2006, 09:03 AM   #25
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Only RPGs nowdays have a really long playtime. Unless you choose to make a game last longer, generally most genres will not last as long as RPGs, then again if they made katamari last 80 hours, I probably would not have liked it.
Old 02-6-2006, 11:45 AM   #26
buuuh
FFR Player

I always end up losing interest or forgetting about the game somewhere down the line, it's just an inevitability for me, even though my in game times are always really low because I have a tendency to just blaze through games without really paying attention. :/

Xenosaga took me roughly 35 hours, but that was unlocking literally everything (which isn't much of a feat considering there's hardly anything to unlock aside from Erde Kaiser and the decoder doors which are pretty useless lol.)

F.E.A.R on Hard, first playthrough: 7 hours
Final Fantasy X: 25ish hours
Tales of Symphonia: 60 hours

Comedy option: Diablo 2 rush from A1 Norm to Hell complete: an hour 8)

Oh, and the game I've spent the most time on is easily Diablo 2, but aside from RPGs it would probably be...SSBM recently, but of all time I'm not sure...probably Final Fantasy 8 rofl

buuuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2006, 05:09 PM   #27
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit

Oh, as far as most time spent total playing a game over a long period of time, that award goes to SSB64. I've been playing that for several hours a week with my friends for the last six years. I probably have several thousand hours in the game at this point, if not far more.

That easily kills everything else I have ever done, including the hundreds of hours I have put into SM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seinno
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2006, 08:06 PM   #28
Benny1
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Benny1

It really depends on how much I love the game.

Also, I tend to love to screw around in rpgs, so I always take ages to do it.
For example: FFX, I have not even gotten through the monster arena fully, over 108 hours.
Other rpgs I tend to eventually rack up 100+ hours, Like ff8 I ended up quitting and restarting on the 4th disc, same with ffix. FF7 I played over and over and over again.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:36 PM   #29
purplepopcorn
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to purplepopcorn

back when I was 9 I had 70+ hours in FFIII (US).
177y b177y 1337

I'm a pretty softcore gamer, spreading stuff out over a while.
I'll start playing a game 5 hours a day then get less and less and less till it's an hour or so.

my record is currently FFTA with 125 hours on one save file. I still haven't beaten it, but Marche is fscking powerful.
FF1-GBA: 37.
gunbound: 40+
MS:85+
Runescape: 100+ (i quit 2 years ago)
oh man I've spent so much time in RPGs. looking back, I realize what happened to my social life
purplepopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:38 PM   #30
NuclearShadow
FFR Player

I don't play many video games. Except for the few speedruns here and there of super metroid, the last time I played a video game was back whenever Resident Evil 4 came out. So I don't really know how long it usually takes me to beat games.

Longest Time spent on a game:
World of Warcraft 1000+ hours easily
Kingdom Hearts 60 hours I believe. I have everything in the game

Sadly enough to say Resident Evil 4 took me 19 hours to get through my first time. Then again it was my first RE game and I didn't really buy my good weapons when I should've. For example I didn't buy the automatic sniper rifle until the boss right before the island.

Cheers,

Synthlight

NuclearShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 04:08 PM   #31
Killrodx
FFR Player

Just like everyone else has stated. it all depends on the type of game and how much effort you're willing to put into it.

I remember during my times in high school, I spent a long time on xenogears. Around 70 ingame hours or so since it was my first time. But in real life, well over a year. I still dabble into it now and then.
Wild arms took maybe no less than 24-30 ingame hours for me. I did a speed run of about 9hrs and 45mins on that one.
As for the newer games, they don't seem to feel long or anything. I still think Star Ocean has alot of replayability((look at number two, there was a ton of replayability.)). I know I ranked well over 130+ hours on that one.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:02 PM   #32
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Default Re: How long does it usually take you to beat games?

I mostly play RPG's, so it depends on whether or not I want to own the game or not. If, in my opinion, the game is only "complete" when I've collected everything/got all top levels/done something else, then it could take a while. But if it's just A - B then not very long.

Oh and longest times on games:

FFVII - about 500 hours over about 6-7 years.
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Easily 1000+ hours since 2002.
TheRapingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:14 PM   #33
Jim_Hawkin
FFR Player

I don't really play RPG games that much anymore, or was I willing to finish any of them. I just stick to my FPS's and maybe the occasional MMO. Most FPS singleplayer games I average around 2-5 hours, sometimes longer if its a good one, like Half-Life 2.

I remember doing a Half-Life speed run around 47 minutes. I used to have it on video.

Recently on most PS2 games i've been playing, i've finished them in 4-7 hours. There never seems to be a nice game that lasts long.
Jim_Hawkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:06 PM   #34
JONES
FFR Lifetime Member
FFR Veteran

Longest time on a game, omm, overall FFR is the one game iv'e played the most, ever.
I'll just say alot of time.

But one time I played The Legond of Zelda on the orignal nintendo system, for like 16hours stright, beat it eventualy, several times over.

I remember when a quarter use to cost a nickel.
JONES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:48 PM   #35
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I beat most non-RPGs in 4 hours, some of them are boringly simple and easy.

RPGs can take anywhere from 15 to 100 hours, depending on the RPG, if I want to get EVERYTHING without using guides, etc. A perfect example of this is Tales of Symphonia. I still don't use guides, and am working on unlocking everything. Actually beating the game took much less time, though.
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:57 PM   #36
locomotion
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to locomotion Send a message via MSN to locomotion Send a message via Yahoo to locomotion

RPGs are the longest that take me to beat like(final fantsy series) etc..I usually will try to get everything and do every side quest if needed. The easiest games for me to beat are fighting like Soul Calibur 2 getting all the weapons and clearing each event it approximately take me 6 hours to complete the whole game.

--Lo--

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltro300111
^_^ I forgot to tell you, I have herpes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _A2P
Alright, nevermind the last post. I was just really freaked out that there was a female pedophile after me, so I tend to lose it. I just put a buddylist block on my screen name, so I should be safe. However, I hate buddylist block.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mead1
ROTFBMALFO

rolling on the floor because my artificial limbs fell off
locomotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:14 PM   #37
Marouku
FFR Player

I don't generally play games that you can beat but I can typically beat most games in a maximum of 20 hours (including RPGs).

Most time spent in a game: Toss-up between IIDX and DDR, with ITG and PIU a tad bit less.

As for most time played at once, Morrowind takes the cake. I recall playing for about 24 hours straight once. Either that or Final Fantasy 7.

Edit: And holy****whathappen I haven't updated my VJArmy account in quite some time. D:
Old 02-27-2006, 08:38 AM   #38
Neonatrias
MAЯISA
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Neonatrias Send a message via Yahoo to Neonatrias Send a message via Skype™ to Neonatrias

I don't really finish many games anymore. Which is unfortunate, I think. The biggest problem is that it's a whole lot of the same crap over and over lately.

The most recent game I finished was Sonic Adventure DX. It took me...Maybe an hour, hour and a half, played it straight through. Sonic Heroes took about 2~3 hours to finish with three teams; again, that was straight through with two of my friends making out behind me. I was determined to finish that game, as bad as it was. >>; It took me two years to "beat" DDR (AA ES; AA OMES) and two and a half to finish ITG2 (Clearing VerTex^2). RPGs tend to take me between 20 hours (Kingdom Hearts) and 40 hours (Final Fantasy VII) to finish.

I've poured most of my time into DDR/ITG, obviously. But aside from that, I think Sonic 3 & Knuckles has got to be the game I've played most. At least 100 hours have gone into it, just playing over and over. God, I love that game.