Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2015, 08:56 PM   #681
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf
Default Re: The VideoGame MegaPack 4 (OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS)!

this is super sweet I'm excited
Old 12-20-2015, 11:36 PM   #682
Dj_Ossa
SMGroove
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via Skype™ to Dj_Ossa

Judging time for this guy! Judging tonight!
Old 12-21-2015, 01:27 AM   #683
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Collision Chaos (Jombo) - Yo, that was fun! I think it could definitely do with some more arrows (read Daniel's review). Otherwise, yes!

Dragon Slayer (dub) - Yay, much better! No complaints! Yes!

Ground Theme - Underground Theme (MarioNintendo) - Holy jumps, Mario! Mama mia, that's a lot of jumps! I really enjoyed it, though! Yes-a!

Mario Paint Medley (MarioNintendo) - A giant goofy smile across my fat dumb face, that's pretty much the end of that. I absolutely loved it, haha! Yeeeessssss!

Yoru no Kikusyokujyo (Jombo) - CONTRA HARD CORPS, YESSSSSSSSSSSS. Love the song (obviously) and the chart is hella fun! Hella yes!

Your Best Nightmare (CyclopsDragon) - Love the gimmicks!! Unfortunately, all the parts in between are very much the same, and it gets really repetitve, so when it drags on... it really drags on! If it weren't so long, it would be a yes! As for now, it's a no though.

Seriously though, if someone can make a really fun and not repetitive chart to Jurassic Dope from Contra: Hard Corps, you will win my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayoYasuda View Post
Are VN songs allowed tho?
Yes, as long as there aren't any boobies in it!!!!!!!
macgravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:26 AM   #684
Dj_Ossa
SMGroove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_Ossa View Post
Ok got the chance of judging some files
tonight

Agrabah Market (NeonSM) - No. This simfile is extremely unbalanced. Starts super easy then turns into triplets and quads all over the place. No consistency in the patterns. Song doesn't have much to offer either ;/

Blazing Lazers (???) - NO

Boss Battle 3! Vs Burns' Goons (_.Spitfire._) - Yes
. Super fun file dude! Only advice I would give is maybe on the second time the song repeats itself, try to follow a different set of sounds maybe? File is fun already, but less repetition would make it much, MUCH more enjoyable!

Colress Battle (Kommisar) - Hell Yeah!. Suuuuper fun file. Jacks are the death of me but it suits the song just fine. Money song too!

Dark World (porkypink) - Maybe. Not gonna lie man, this file is really fun. However, There's something about some of the notes that bothers me. I haven't played it with headphones or looked at it in the editor, but I think you have some incorrect note placements (16ths instead of 24ths). It just messes with the flow of the file. Again, take another look at it and see if you notice anything off and get back to me. Minor fixes will give it a yes from me!

Dr. Wily Stage 1 (Scylaax) - Yes. Super fun.

Frontier Brain (Scylaax) - Yes. A little too hard for me but looks good

Fullmetal Fighter (Kommisar) - Yes. Same as a above.

Get Jinxed! (XelNya) - Maybe. I'm undecided about this one. The file itself is well built, albeit a little repetitive. Liked the color note theory you tried, even though I am fairly new to this concept of stepping. On the other hand, the second part felt repetitive, you should play around with it, try to follow different sounds/patterns for the second half. Also, at the very end, you don't need to step the echoes of the last note, just the one. Take a second look and let me know if you think you can improve it, and I'll say yes for sure!

Go Forth! Great Fox (ferrari) - Yes. Fun file. Reminds me a lot of the way some of my simfiles feel and play o_O

Grannies World Tour (dub) - Yes. Fun file.

Krook's March (bmah) - No.

Madness (Little Fugue) (porkypink) - Yes. Fun file.

Magical Sound Shower (MarioNintendo) - FUCK YES. Who are you??? And please, for the love of GOD, make more files.

March of the One Legged Man (James May) - Yes. Fun file.

Masquerade of Lies (detrimentalist) - Yes

That's it for today! To be reviewed:
Okay! Continuing!

Minuit A Fond La Caisse (James May) - Yes. Fun file.

Neo Kobe Steel Factory (Jombo) - No. This file is missing something... I would like to see more to it, it's quite simple and repetitive. Consider taking another look at it.

Opaque Air (Gundam-Dude) - FUCK YES. You, Sir, know how to make an awesome file.

Professor Sycamore's Theme (Yulanik) - Yes, if you take a look at it. Dude! Song's sick, steps are OK. I'm pretty sure that some notes are off, you should REALLY try to listen and follow those sounds with the proper notes (I noticed some 32nds going to 24ths and 48ths). Maybe it's just me but, would you mind looking at this again and re sending it? I would love to have this song in the pack!

Ringo's Theme (Kommisar) - Yes. Fun file.

Road Warriors (Jombo) - Yes. Fun file. Only thing is that it finishes in an awkward spot... Take a look at it.

Ruins of the Giant (bmah) - Yes. Super cool file, flows in a great way. Love what you did with the 16th holds and the 4th doubles right after, very creative.

Samekichi's Resolve (James May) - Yes. Fun file.

Shovel Knight Main Theme (MarioNintendo) - Yes. Awesome file.

Silver Lining (Scylaax) - Yes. Awesome file.

Splash Down (bmah) - Yes. Fun file.

Tal Tal Heights (Reshiram) - Maybe. File's alright, I guess... But it's not fun (at least to me). Take a look at it and see if can change some things around... Lots of potential.

Tenshi (rCaliberGX) - No. This file makes no sense... I'm ok with dump files as long as they make sense. This doesn't

The Only Thing I Know For Real (Scylaax vs Kommisar) - Yes. Fun file.

The Stains of Time (Condoct) - No. Read Tenshi.

Traverse Town -remix- (porkypink) - Yes. Fun file.

Unrest ~ Their Own Brand of Justice (FoxX) - Yes. Fun file, Ditch the heavy dude, it's just a dumbed down version of the oni.

Wind-Blooming Mountain (Yesssss) - Yes. Unreal file.

X vs Zero (porkypink) - NO .SM or .DWI

Dragon Slayer (dub) - Yes. Fun file. Make sure you submit your file with your name on it. Good fallback is usually name your cdtitle with your name I.E !DjOssa.png

Gradius II NES Medley (JX) - Yes. Fun file.

Ground Theme - Underground Theme (MarioNintendo) - Yes. Fun file. What game is this from? Need to put it in the subtitle brah.

Kara no Kuoukai (Gundam-Dude) - Yes. Fun file.

Mario Paint Medley (MarioNintendo) - FUCK YES. Amazing file. Name of the game, if any, please? You're a fucking good simfile artist man... Hopefully you can make more for this pack!

Mario Theme (BT Remix) (wv) - Yes. WOW. Great job on syncing that file... It's flawless. Fun file too!

The Legend Of Zelda 25th Anniversary Medley (wv) - Maybe. The song is awesome, but I have a few complaints. First of all, At the beginning of the second piece of the medley, it goes offsync (I don't think you put down the right notes (they're 12ths, to give you a clue of where it is). Second, try not to focus on mapping everything that you hear, and try to work towards a climax more often... It just gets really boring after a while. Be creative!

Twister (porkypink) - Yes. Awesome file. Game name?

Wind Waker Unplugged (wv) - Yes. Fun file. However, it suffers from the same thing as your Zelda file. I highly recommend going over the patterns and trying to develop a sort of climax, it just feels a bit monotonous, is all. Beautifully synced, though.

Your Best Nightmare (CyclopsDragon) - Yes. Awesome file. Props on the X-MOD goodness!

Alright dudes! Until next time!

Last edited by Dj_Ossa; 12-21-2015 at 02:29 AM..
Dj_Ossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:30 AM   #685
CyclopsDragon
FFR Player

Alright so I would like some guidance from judges on how I should cut my file, since two of three agreed that it would need to be cut to be accepted. How I see it, the options are either to just cut it straight after the second round of gimmicks, or to go hardcore song-editing and cut out all the stuff between the gimmicks while leaving all of the gimmicks intact. The second option is obviously harder to do but it would preserve the gimmicks. Thoughts?

Last edited by CyclopsDragon; 12-21-2015 at 02:31 AM..
CyclopsDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:38 AM   #686
Dj_Ossa
SMGroove

I personally think your file is great. Ask MacGruveru where he thinks it drags, because I think it flows pretty well.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:54 AM   #687
Jombo1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Jombo1

Oh fuck btw the song is Yoru no Nikusyokujyo, I screwed up the title.

I'll resubmit some others.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:20 AM   #688
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Mario Paint Medley (MarioNintendo) - FUCK YES. Amazing file. Name of the game, if any, please? You're a fucking good simfile artist man... Hopefully you can make more for this pack!
I don't mean to speak out of turn, but I feel confident in saying that it's probably Mario Paint.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:01 AM   #689
SayoYasuda
Forum User

Twister is from The world end with you
SayoYasuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:10 AM   #690
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

Godammit porky

Submit to this -
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:55 AM   #691
Buta-san
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Buta-san

Mario Paint Medley is prolly a remix from super smash bros 4. The only game I have for Wii U and might submit a file from that game if I don't find any other classic

Last edited by Buta-san; 12-21-2015 at 08:56 AM..
Buta-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:49 AM   #692
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Wow guys... Thanks so much for the fantastic reviews. As for Ground Theme and Mario Paint, they both are remixes appearing in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. (Fantastic soundtrack, highly steppable!)

Want me to send them again with the subtitle, or you change them yourself? Seriously though, thanks for the feedback <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 12:05 PM   #693
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jombo1 View Post
Oh fuck btw the song is Yoru no Nikusyokujyo, I screwed up the title.

I'll resubmit some others.
I'll fix the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
Want me to send them again with the subtitle, or you change them yourself? Seriously though, thanks for the feedback <3
Don't worry about it, I'll fix it.
macgravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 12:11 PM   #694
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

i just wanna know if masquerade is making it in or not lol

NeoMasterPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:49 PM   #695
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Okay! Continuing!

The Legend Of Zelda 25th Anniversary Medley (wv) - Maybe. The song is awesome, but I have a few complaints. First of all, At the beginning of the second piece of the medley, it goes offsync (I don't think you put down the right notes (they're 12ths, to give you a clue of where it is). Second, try not to focus on mapping everything that you hear, and try to work towards a climax more often... It just gets really boring after a while. Be creative!
im not sure where you're talking about exactly. can you give me a time stamp? it was hard to go for a climax because each song in the medley is stepped kind of different and has a different feel. there are some songs in the medley that give themselves more opportunity for climax while others don't

Quote:
Wind Waker Unplugged (wv) - Yes. Fun file. However, it suffers from the same thing as your Zelda file. I highly recommend going over the patterns and trying to develop a sort of climax, it just feels a bit monotonous, is all. Beautifully synced, though.
i'm not sure what you mean. climax is incorporated in the file. because the song is as slow as it is and because i didn't want to over layer it's harder to tell if you're a higher end player but the climax starts at 105 seconds. the parts before it i focused on different instruments so it wouldnt get repetitive.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:52 PM   #696
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

thanks for the review though guys!
Old 12-22-2015, 02:21 AM   #697
Dj_Ossa
SMGroove

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I don't mean to speak out of turn, but I feel confident in saying that it's probably Mario Paint.
It's Super Smash Bros, I knew it wasn't just Mario Paint, I'm not retarded.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:42 AM   #698
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Yeah I didn't really evem think of that lol, altho you could argue the case that it's still kinda sprta maybe from Mario Paint

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:00 PM   #699
CyclopsDragon
FFR Player

Resubmitting a possible cut of my first submission, plus two more songs from Undertale because I am literal Undertale trash :P

On a more serious note, let me know if this cut is a better length. (RE: macgravel and DigitalS3r4ph)

Last edited by CyclopsDragon; 12-23-2015 at 05:08 PM..
CyclopsDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 11:20 AM   #700
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

Reviews

Ground Theme - Underground Theme - Fuck yes man this file is making it into the pack. The only thing I want to see is an index or slightly easier version of the chart that is less jump heavy to make it more accessible to a wider audience. The file and song is too great to be locked off to be enjoyed only by advanced stepmania players.

Mario Paint Medley - Playing this brought the biggest smile to my face. Yes

Can you really call this a hotel, I didn't receive a mint on my pillow or anything - Simple file that is fun, and short enough to not be completely boring. Just barely meets my qualifications on what is acceptable for the pack, although there is risk of this one getting pushed out during final judgement. Yes for now.

Song That Might Play When you Fight Sans - Yes with some revisions. The chart is quite fun and the song is jamming. The chart as it stands makes for a good heavy chart- I want to see an expert version of the chart that incorporates more jacks though, and there's more that can be done with the guitar too. If you're not quite sure of what I mean then feel free to send me a PM and I'll screenshot you an example.

Your Best Nightmare - MUCH more tolerable song length. Just fyi the file continues on to nothing for a few minutes after the chart is over so just fix that bit and this will be a Yes!

Diet (Yuri Sakazaki's Theme) - The heavy file looks like the beginnings of what you would do to layer a chart, but wasn't finished to add in the beat and the percussion. A song like this that has such emphasis on the beat is going to rely heavily on landing and nailing that beat where it counts in order to be a fun KB file, otherwise this is more of an easier level pad chart. For this chart to make it in, you'll need to add in another chart (Expert) that takes everything from Heavy, and layer in the jumps, jacks, and tweak some taps here and there. No for now, but with modifications it could be a yes.

PM me if you find the secret.
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote