Old 07-18-2008, 05:38 AM   #22
Mr.Nothing
R.I.P. Steve <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Nothing
Default Re: The Dark Knight

Best movie ever.

**SPOILERS**
Batmobile destroyed, Joker lives, Comissioner Gordon dies and comes back to life, Harvey Two-Face dies, Batman becomes a fugitive.
**END SPOILERS**
Old 07-18-2008, 05:49 AM   #23
fo3h4mm3r
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

That movie was the best
fo3h4mm3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:14 AM   #24
7yL3r
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to 7yL3r
Talking Re: The Dark Knight

i saw it midnight I won special VIP passes to watch it!!! i didn't have to wait in line! man people were pissed that we didn't have to wait in line for 7 hours lol... but i dont' care THE MOVIE WAS AWESOME.. joker was amazing ... i'll have to agree with the whole batsuit... and for some reason that whole low voice bruce wayan does when he's batman is a little silly but the joker is the best villian i've seen, (next to jack nicholson joker)
7yL3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #25
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Jack Nicholson can suck Tim Burton's dick for absolutely destroying the Joker character. Nolan and Ledger got it right. Even comparing the two is silly, as Ledger destroyed Nicholson.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:57 AM   #26
Corbin Wells
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoochan View Post
so hes a loose american ninja

wow what a *** got
fixed, you prick.

download my sims now =3:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...h=Corbin+Wells

FFR Furry, NYC
Corbin Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #27
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Just got back.

Excellent film super great would watch again.

Hopefully before much longer. Maybe mid-next week.

Incidentally, the batsuit was tasteful in almost every scene. The only scene I was alerted to the crappiness of it was when Bruce was looking at it in the case, a scene which has been in basically ever trailer ever. Not once during the actual action did I notice how much I hated what the suit looked like.

Bit of a spoiler, but not really:
the "explanation" of the new suit wasn't an explanation at all. He's just like "i wanna turn my head lol gimme new suit 8)"

Overall, it didn't really feel like a typical movie like this. It almost felt like Batman was along for the ride of the whole action going on, rather than it being Batman-driven.
Quote:
for some reason that whole low voice bruce wayan does when he's batman is a little silly
I hereby revoke your Batman Commentator Membership card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
Jack Nicholson can suck Tim Burton's dick for absolutely destroying the Joker character. Nolan and Ledger got it right. Even comparing the two is silly, as Ledger destroyed Nicholson.
There were a few points that I really liked Nicholson's Joker. Actually I think that's just the climax of the film that he really shines. The only way Ledger's Joker could have been better though would be if it had more of a Hamill's Joker feel to the voice. Personality was pretty spot-on, particularly what he said to Batman towards the end of the film. I loved his explanations for his scars rofl

Bit of a related spoiler:
I am a bit disappointed Joker didn't allude to the idea that all it takes is "one really bad day", particularly since it's so obviously relevant here.

ps I surprised myself. I thought I was going to be troubled by the fact that Joker actually wears makeup to look the way he does, but it worked very well.

pps ****ing idiots, Gotham is in the United States of America. Not in reality, but in DC continuity. It is usually placed in New York, but it has been identified as being in New Jersey before as well.

EDIT: Oh something I forgot:

Did anyone else who saw it get the feeling they struggled to get the PG13 rating? I'm really hoping they do an unrated cut when it hits DVD... A character as gruesome as this doesn't lend itself well to family fair.

EDIT: spoilers I forgot about somehow:

Bruce as the playboy was also so ****ing good. It was the funniest thing ever when he protected the truck by zooming forward with the Lamborghini. And Joker's **** was the PERFECT balance of insane-evil-funny. That's the sign of a good Joker: evil as hell and makes you laugh at really inappropriate times.

Last edited by Afrobean; 07-18-2008 at 11:56 AM..
Afrobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:51 PM   #28
speeddemon
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Just got back.

EDIT: Oh something I forgot:

Did anyone else who saw it get the feeling they struggled to get the PG13 rating? I'm really hoping they do an unrated cut when it hits DVD... A character as gruesome as this doesn't lend itself well to family fair.
Agreed. I doubt they'll have an unrated version, but it would be really cool. I was kinda surprised the movie went on as long as it did. I thought they were going to end it around the part in Gotham General.
speeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:33 PM   #29
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

Expectation for this movie were high and it sure as hell delivered. 10/10 all the way. Oh yeah, midnight crowd is always the best. Now to the real stuff.

Like Hancock, The Dark Knight was an action movie gone funny. The balance, however, was much better in The Dark Knight. While the Joker was on the screen he would almost always have something funny to say or do. But when the action kicked in, he was all business.

Heith Ledger portrayed the best Joker to date in the Batman series. The costume, the laugh, the makeup, the hair, and the all around acting were stunning on his part. They could not have had a better actor to play the Joker. If he were still alive he would most definitely deserve an Oscar. As for Batman, Christian Bale definitely pulled his weight. He acts very suave at his parties and kicks ass in the action scenes. He can definitely contort his voice to be incredibly low.

**SPOILERS** This movie, although an amazing Summer blockbuster, was well dragged out. The movie spanned over two hours and then some but never ceased to keep your attention. The role of Harvey Dent was played well but then there was Harvey Twoface. Twoface plays a small role in this movie but an important one that leads an amazing conclusion of the movie. He could easily have been the villain for a third movie. As for those of you who need to know about the ending, no the Joker did not die. Neither did Batman, he's just a 'bad guy/villain' to the police of Gotham. The ending shows Batman running away from the cops and and that shows no real indicator, by my knowledge, of a third movie. Since Twoface died, all they have is the Joker(but who could replace Mr. Ledger?), Mr Freeze, Penguin, Poison Ivy, and, unless I'm an idiot, the Riddler(possibly just a Joker spin off although died with the coin that Twoface used).**END SPOILERS**

Overall an amazing movie and a must see for any Batman, or DC Comics for that matter, fan. Stunning visuals and an amazing screenplay make this one of the best Summer movies and possibly one of this years best.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:17 PM   #30
7yL3r
FFR Player

Angry Re: The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
your silly tim burtons batman is the best, jacks' joker was and is the best,(although you'll have to admit ledgers jokers sounded a bit similar to jacks.. cough cough but i guess that's why this is america your entitled to your own opinions... even if they are wrong

who wants popcorn?
Old 07-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #31
Schrammbledeggs
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

SPOILERS

I don't think Two-Face is really dead...that would make zero sense considering he's alive and criminally active in Batman Forever...plus I'm 90% sure they're gonna make another Batman movie with Two-Face in it.

END SPOILERS

Movie Reviewer at ddrgeek.com
Schrammbledeggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:26 PM   #32
7yL3r
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrammbledeggs View Post
I don't think Two-Face is really dead...that would make zero sense considering he's alive and criminally active in Batman Forever...plus I'm 90% sure they're gonna make another Batman movie with Two-Face in it.
END SPOILERS
You'll have to remember though that batman forever and the dark night are seperate (so called) universes its' a comic thing, where you have the same characters but different scenarios ... thats' what's happening here on these batmans ... so the dark knight and batman begins are completely seperate universe from batman forever. and batman (tim burton) and batman returns... etc..etc..
Old 07-18-2008, 05:36 PM   #33
7yL3r
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post

I hereby revoke your Batman Commentator Membership card.

seriously?? SERIOUSLY?? forserious? I can't be the only person around here who thinks batman's voice is just a bit cheezy it sounds like he's gasping for air, you can hear (and see, look at his mouth) how Bale sounds like's is just lisping everytime he uses that funny low voice.. seriously?? anyone??
Old 07-18-2008, 08:07 PM   #34
scorpio1690
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to scorpio1690 Send a message via MSN to scorpio1690

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoochan View Post
gotham city is loosely based off of some city in new york adurrr

reed up on ur nerdsc0pez d00d
On a map, Gotham city is in New Jersey.
scorpio1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:47 PM   #35
Verruckter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Verruckter Send a message via MSN to Verruckter

Holy ****ing **** Heath Ledger blew me the hell away. His performance was incredible. The movie was great overall, they kept the cheesy speeches to a minimum (unlike spiderman lol) and the action was great.

A+
Old 07-18-2008, 10:15 PM   #36
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

Just saw it. Pretty good.
7 or 8/10.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:28 PM   #37
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

im not gonna lie, i was half expecting harvey turning into Robin to be his sidekick or something like that

where the hell is robin
adlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:32 PM   #38
Verruckter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Verruckter Send a message via MSN to Verruckter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlp View Post
im not gonna lie, i was half expecting harvey turning into Robin to be his sidekick or something like that

where the hell is robin
Working as a waiter in a gay bar.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:11 AM   #39
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yL3r View Post
but i guess that's why this is america your entitled to your own opinions... even if they are wrong
Explain to me how an opinion can be wrong. http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=opinion Definition two states that an opinion is, "a personal view, attitude, or appraisal."

PERSONAL is the keyword here. When something is a personal view that's just one persons thoughts on the matter. Ones views don't always have to be in congruency with anothers. Therefore, an opinion can't necessarily be wrong, it's just not identical with yours.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:54 AM   #40
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlp View Post

where the hell is robin
Bale and Nolan both think Robin is silly. Bale said he'd quit if the put Robin in the movies, Nolan said that Robin is "In a crib out there somewhere."

No Robin.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote