Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 07:25 PM   #21
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default RE: TWG XIV - The Princes Of Drosstam (Night 1)

Not really that big of an announcement... most of us already knew it, and you weren't hiding it.

If they do contact you, I hope we can work together Hans, get the dual seer thing, etc, etc.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:30 PM   #22
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

If Tass is going for Tribal victory, man, that would suck. =/

Stacked teams, heh.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:40 PM   #23
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Well isn't this fun... I help get us a wolf on day 1, and I get votes... amazing.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:46 PM   #24
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Well, Tass, you may or may not understand my circumstances.

Hans understands half of them. I'll say that, too.

EDIT: Sphereoid

I am a confused guy.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:08 PM   #25
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

I can't believe that this is happening. Tass comes out and says somebody's a wolf and everyone believes him with his only justification being "Someone told me so."

Honestly, would you put it past Tass to lie about something like this? It's the very beginning of a game which none of us know how to play well, so taking advantage of this fact (and the one that the humans NEVER have any leads on Day 1) would be greatly in his favor. He's a manipulative one, so I want something a little more convincing and/or credible against Spheroid before voting him and I certainly urge y'all to do the same.

Honestly, seeing us almost on top of an instalynch the first time I check the thread is just insane. I've got no connections to Tass or Spheroid (or anyone for that matter), but this just smacks of shepherding.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:14 PM   #26
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Mind you, I don't have any reason to distrust Tass more than anyone else in this game, but I just find him ballsy enough to try and pull this off.

I mean, if he isn't actually in contact with the A-team's seer, there might be a conflict arising (which hasn't, but, then again, a seer might want to lay low). He could be the seer himself, too.

So, while Tass may very well have a legitimate story, I don't like the way y'all are running with Tass like a child after a dollar bill on a fishing line.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:48 AM   #27
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

I have discussed the matter thoroughly with several other players, and am convinced that Tass' story is true. Lucky day for the humans.

sphereiod
Old 04-17-2005, 03:51 AM   #28
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Demon of the Comet you can't vote for yourself.

Guido, yes tass is being put in a trust position, but remember that the Alderoth seer is also allied with the Alderoth guardian, and they know eachother, and the seer would tell the guardian if this was false information and that would be the downfall of tass instantly.

It's plain that this isn't a lie, because the seer and guardian know eachother, and would both know if Tass was lying; someone would come forth. Not only would he not risk this, but he would be caught before the end of the day.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:13 AM   #29
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

What the hell guys? Tass comes in saying he was notified, votes Spheroid, and you automatically follow him? I'm ashamed of all of you. I'll explain why.

Your evidence is flawed as of now, alain.

List of players that have not posted so far:

blahblah18
Gamepro17616
JenovaSephiroth
Kefit
Kilgamayan
Spheroid

Any one of these players could be the Alderoth seer. Anybody that has already posted could be the Alderoth guardian that hasn't been told who was seered, and what they came up as. Even so, the seer has to devise a way to reveal what they know without revealing themselves.

It is also possible that Talisman was that seer. That may be the whole key here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
OK Guys.... Just got some GREAT news from the Alderoth seer, who had contacted me before the night started. He decided to go unconventional and seered Spheroid, who is, as it turns out, a wolf.
If he is being truthful about this, being contacted before the night started, Tass may be a wolf that killed that seer, Talisman, and knowing nobody will come forward, tries to get somebody else, possibly a wolf from the opposite tribe, Spheroid, instalynched as soon as possible. Therefore, my vote goes to Tass until I see more clear-cut evidence, or better reasoning from other people. Plus, we need to see posts from no-show people so far.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 04-17-2005, 06:19 AM   #30
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

No.

You provided 2 ways that tass could be lying

1. The real seer hasn't been here to post yet
I entirely covered this. If the seer hasn't come forward yet, he will before the end of the day, and tass will be shut down. Either way, this is stupid, Tass wouldn't try this assuming the seer wouldn't say anything. No one is that stupid. Thiis theory is just wrong.

2. Talisman told tass before the wolf kill that he was the seer, and then Tass killed him
No. Not only is no one stupid enough to go blabbing about their special roles before they have any reason to trust anyone or even before the first wolfing has been made, but Talisman is a newb, and doesn't even know that Tass is an important player to talk to if you are a special role. He probably hasn't even read past games. Again, a terrible stretch, and not possible.

That is all. My reasoning and Tass' defence stands.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:36 AM   #31
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainbryden
No.

You provided 2 ways that tass could be lying

1. The real seer hasn't been here to post yet
I entirely covered this. If the seer hasn't come forward yet, he will before the end of the day, and tass will be shut down. Either way, this is stupid, Tass wouldn't try this assuming the seer wouldn't say anything. No one is that stupid. Thiis theory is just wrong.
Remember that the seer has to come up with a way to bust Tass without revealing themselves, or they'll get wolfed the next night. Tass may be taking a risk and expecting someone to back him like you are so we don't keep it in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainbryden
2. Talisman told tass before the wolf kill that he was the seer, and then Tass killed him
No. Not only is no one stupid enough to go blabbing about their special roles before they have any reason to trust anyone or even before the first wolfing has been made, but Talisman is a newb, and doesn't even know that Tass is an important player to talk to if you are a special role. He probably hasn't even read past games. Again, a terrible stretch, and not possible.
Talisman has played here before, he knows all about Tass's importance. Tass openly said he was contacted before the night began, so obviously the seer was confident enough in Tass to contact him so early. Talisman is somewhat new, so I don't doubt he could've been the seer contacting Tass. A mistake, perhaps?

Can I get some input from other people on this?

Quote:
Old 04-17-2005, 06:40 AM   #32
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

I agree with alain on both of those points. No one is stupid enough to go "HAY TASS I R SEER" before the first kill. No one. If you were the seer, why wouldn't you just seer Tass night one to be sure of his humanity before trusting him?

And to your other theory, as Alain said, the seer would see Tass' gambit by the end of the day. We all know Tass isn't that stupid.

So if we know Tass isn't lying, we know spheroid is a wolf. Since the point of this game is to lynch wolves, let's lynch spheroid.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:05 AM   #33
flux_
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flux_ Send a message via MSN to flux_
Default Re: RE: TWG XIV - The Princes Of Drosstam (Night 1)

Quote:
Well isn't this fun... I help get us a wolf on day 1, and I get votes... amazing.
Lets not forget that there are still 3 wolves out there who are going to try and muck things up since we've almost certainly got one of thier own. They could easily take advantage of the fact that you were told and try to sway it to thier favor to make everyone distrust you.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:25 AM   #34
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default RE: Re: RE: TWG XIV - The Princes Of Drosstam (Night 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mead1
I agree with alain on both of those points. No one is stupid enough to go "HAY TASS I R SEER" before the first kill. No one. If you were the seer, why wouldn't you just seer Tass night one to be sure of his humanity before trusting him?
See, mead, that's exactly what the problem is. If you trust Tass, you have to trust his evidence as well.

Quote:
OK Guys.... Just got some GREAT news from the Alderoth seer, who had contacted me before the night started. He decided to go unconventional and seered Spheroid, who is, as it turns out, a wolf.
He was contacted BEFORE the night started. So, Tass was contacted before he could've been cleared. Obviously, someone was stupid enough to do that. Unless, of course, he is lying.

Quote:
Old 04-17-2005, 08:18 AM   #35
User6773

Default RE: Re: RE: TWG XIV - The Princes Of Drosstam (Night 1)

My own screw up ruined this game.

When I rerandomized the roles the 3rd time, I used the same roles from the 2nd set of rerandomization (does anyone besides me realize how absurd this sentence sounds?) The basic idea was that if the wolves kept their mouths shut about their old roles (which they didn't), nobody would be the wiser.

But that didn't work out. Apparently Spheroid talked, or didn't know what was going on, or something. But this game is over, because I am being deluged with IMs asking me about it. That's not right for the game, to have people wonder whether they're getting the straight story about the wolves or anything. The whole thing was kind of ridiculous, and I take full responsibility for it.

These past few days have been really crazy for me regarding this game and everything about it. Maybe I've been away from the community for too long, but I'm sorry everything's had to go on like this, which one screw-up after another. I think this can finally work though, if we just give it another shot.

I'm creating a poll to determine what you guys want to do. I'm going to sign back on sometime during the evening, and act accordingly.

Closed Thread