Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 02:13 AM   #1
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl
Default Laharl's first concert [i]owned the universe[/i]

I just got back from the annual Holiday Havoc concert, hosted by X-Treme Radio 107.5.

The performing artists were, in order
30 Seconds to Mars (I'll pass)

Seether (hadn't heard their stuff before but I'll definately get an album or two after their show)

Taproot (Barf)

Staind (double barf. To everyone that said I'd like their stuff, fuck you. :P)

Audioslave (I have never, ever, ever had so much fun singing along to a song as I have now)

My neck is sore from headbanging. Bulls On Parade is an awesome song.

POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET
Laharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 02:48 AM   #2
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan
Default RE: Laharl

bbcowned
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 12:20 PM   #3
FluorescentArmy
Forum User

Send a message via AIM to FluorescentArmy Send a message via Yahoo to FluorescentArmy

Yea I like Audioslave. They are in a band with Rage Against the Machine, too. I think Bulls On Parade is a RATM song though. Oh well, 2 singers, 2 great bands.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:31 PM   #4
Spazzbite
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Spazzbite Send a message via MSN to Spazzbite Send a message via Yahoo to Spazzbite

That's awesome that you liked your first concert. I saw both Showbread and Floater last month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicker
shades don't break unless you break them.
Spazzbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 12:34 PM   #5
-Fallen-
xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

1st concert awesome. I remember mine, it was a few months ago when I went to see Day of Contempt and Alexisonfire.

Funeral For A Friend concert the 29th!
Old 11-20-2005, 12:58 PM   #6
NaOTa4231
FFR Player

That's pretty cool you got to see Audioslave and Seether for your first concert. Sounds like you had fun!!! My first concert I got to see The Moody Blues.....My dad liked them, but they weren't too bad.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=40490

1 Million Posts ^^^^^^^^^^ 8 )
NaOTa4231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 01:35 PM   #7
Laharl
FFR Player

Some of the highlights:

Seether played a song (forgot the name) they dedicated to the guy from Drowning Pool and Dimebag Darrel that was pretty awesome.

Staind played So Far Away (I didn't care for the rest of their stuff, but that song is pretty good, I'll admit)

EVERYTHING AUDIOSLAVE PLAYED. THey played Spoonman (old Soundgarden Song) and it had the Soundgarden symbol flashing up on the background, then when Cornell walked off stage for a second, a big, red star on a black background came up while they did Bulls On Parade (Cornell walked back on stage afterward because they immediately went on to do Sleep Now In The Fire). Then the rest of the band went off stage for a bit and Cornell played Black Hole Sun on his acoustic guitar, then played Fell On Black Days doing the same, 'cept the singer from Seether joined him on stage and sang with him. Pretty, pretty cool.

Old 11-20-2005, 01:46 PM   #8
xiron
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xiron

My first actual show (i.e. not counting N'Sync) was As I Lay Dying, The Black Dahlia Murder, The Haunted, and It Dies Today. Great show. My two favorite bands that I've seen live are Dream Theater and Every Time I Die. Both were absolutely eargasmic.
xiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 04:04 PM   #9
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Chris Cornell is a fucking untalented piece of shit who is so nostalgic for his Soundgarden days that he's willing to sacrifice the quality of his current band to try and emulate them. Tom Morello is an incredible guitarist, but you'd never know it listening to Audioslave since Cornell dosen't let Morello do shit. Additionally, his lack of singing talent further exacerbates his shittiness. What a fucking joke.

Oh, and Audioslave is the most generic sound ever. If not for Cornell pumping out generic, flash in the pan chart toppers, Audioslave would be forgetten in ten minutes. Way to contribute nothing to music, sellout.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 08:32 PM   #10
Laharl
FFR Player

Default Re: RE: Laharl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrombie0909
Chris Cornell is a #$#ing untalented piece of (#$% who is so nostalgic for his Soundgarden days that he's willing to sacrifice the quality of his current band to try and emulate them. Tom Morello is an incredible guitarist, but you'd never know it listening to Audioslave since Cornell dosen't let Morello do (#$%. Additionally, his lack of singing talent further exacerbates his &*#$. What a #$#ing joke.

Oh, and Audioslave is the most generic sound ever. If not for Cornell pumping out generic, flash in the pan chart toppers, Audioslave would be forgetten in ten minutes. Way to contribute nothing to music, sellout.
Ahahahahahahahaha.

You can go away now.

I can't think of a single time you've ever, ever said a single thing positive. Literally ever.

So I have stop taking you seriously. I imagine I can't be the only person that's done so.

Old 11-20-2005, 08:34 PM   #11
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18
Default RE: Re: RE: Laharl

Anti, I love you, you're my hero... BUUUUT
my friend got me free tickets to the Boston audioslave concert... Morello DEFINATELY showed off how incredibly amazing it was and it was an honor to watch him play. Whether or not you think Cronell contributres to music, you have to grant that he is quite a frontman, and that's worth something

blahblah18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 05:36 AM   #12
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909
Default Re: RE: Laharl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laharl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrombie0909
Chris Cornell is a #$#ing untalented piece of (#$% who is so nostalgic for his Soundgarden days that he's willing to sacrifice the quality of his current band to try and emulate them. Tom Morello is an incredible guitarist, but you'd never know it listening to Audioslave since Cornell dosen't let Morello do (#$%. Additionally, his lack of singing talent further exacerbates his &*#$. What a #$#ing joke.

Ahahahahahahahaha.

You can go away now.

I can't think of a single time you've ever, ever said a single thing positive. Literally ever.

So I have stop taking you seriously. I imagine I can't be the only person that's done so.
Just because I'm cynical doesn't mean I'm not right.

Quote:
Morello DEFINATELY showed off how incredibly amazing it was and it was an honor to watch him play.
Note where I said that Morello was an awesome guitarist and Cornell is an idiot for not utilizing his talents so he can 'sing' (and I use the term loosely) some more.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:52 PM   #13
Laharl
FFR Player

You come across as the kind of guy that's still pissed Rage Against the Machine broke up.

Cornell's got a powerful voice. If you don't like the way he sings, fine, but lots of people do (me included). I think he's got one of the best voices in rock today, able to sing and scream if he wants. The music the band plays is generic sounding in a few songs, I'll admit it, but for the most part, most their songs that "top the charts" are pretty distinctive sounding if you ask me.

You also pretend that none of the band but Cornell has any creative input. If you asked any of the guys in Audioslave if they were happy with the band arrangement, they'd say yes, and they'd also say they loved the music they were making right now. Me saying this is not pure conjecture either: they've basically said so during interviews. In their Live in Cuba DVD, they DO say so.

(Oh, and being cynical often DOES make you incorrect, because you're so bitter you fail to see things as they really are.)

edit: accidentally spelled cynical with an S in front.

Old 11-21-2005, 01:25 PM   #14
DoubleBassSetup
FFR Player

My first concert was a bunch of local bands. It wasn't a...battle of the bands type deal, just a bunch of bands playing. I went because everybody was ranting about this band from a local high school. I don't see why any of them liked it, ESPECIALLY after the took the bass guitar pause/solo type thing out of their cover of Forever by As I Lay Dying. I couldn't even recognize the cover until my sister turned to me and goes "THAT WAS THE MOST AWESOME AS I LAY DYING COVER EVER!". I kinda hate my sister pretty bad.
By the way, at the same club/lounge type thing where the concert was held;
"Wednesday 23rd MC Chris, ....(other shitty local bands)"
That's in two days zOMG.
Fuzzy_Dorito: dragons r mystical
Fuzzy_Dorito: i luv those
Fuzzy_Dorito: mystical creatures
Fuzzy_Dorito: heavenly
Fuzzy_Dorito: mystical=heavens lil hotties
Fuzzy_Dorito: *mystical creatures
Fuzzy_Dorito: ...
Fuzzy_Dorito: a cobra?
DoubleBassSetup is offline   Reply With Quote