Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 03:48 AM   #1
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD

When the SK survive from that action, does the person who's shooting receive a pm as if "their action was roleblocked" so we can't tell if it was a Mafia roleblock instead or we just receive nothing?

I'm trying to figure out if DAP = (SK or Mafia) or (Mafia only).
Old 02-26-2016, 04:42 AM   #2
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

[QoTE=Hakulyte;4411511]When the SK survive from that action, does the person who's shooting receive a pm as if "their action was roleblocked" so we can't tell if it was a Mafia roleblock instead or we just receive nothing?

I'm trying to figure out if DAP = (SK or Mafia) or (Mafia only).[/quote]

If you shot the SK and hit a vest I don't think you get "roleblocked" back as a result, but I'm not sure on that as I have no experience with that situation myself. Maybe someone else can shed light on this unless we're treading into angleshooting territory.

If it's legal for me to ask, did you get a pm confirming that you were roleblocked?
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Old 02-26-2016, 03:56 AM   #3
Hakulyte
the Haku

I did notice:
Quote:
If a player was saved by the renegade doctor, or the serial killer has their bulletproof vest hit, I will not announce that they were targeted but did not die.
When OP says "announce" does it means "publicly" or it includes "pms" as well?
Old 02-26-2016, 04:29 AM   #4
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

storn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post

Old 02-26-2016, 04:44 AM   #5
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by storn42 View Post
storn
Hi storn.
if I gave you a gun right now who would you shoot?

And not yourself pls
Quote:
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Old 02-26-2016, 04:50 AM   #6
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
Hi storn.
if I gave you a gun right now who would you shoot?

And not yourself pls
you know the answer is always myself. anyways... i haven't read all 2000 of the posts in this game... i dont know if i will, but im caught up on todays activities. anyways i'll answer this question after i post some stuff. so be ready for that. (oh and my other answer is you for asking that question but you know.. #shitpost)

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 02-26-2016, 04:43 AM   #7
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Although I think it's generally the consensus that the SK's vest was hit on N1 when only Xel died though.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-26-2016, 04:52 AM   #8
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

-_ -
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-26-2016, 04:56 AM   #9
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

btw, just know that the memes cant be memes today. it isn't D0 anymore MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 02-26-2016, 05:49 AM   #10
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

ok so call me a sheep here, but im actually arriving at the same conclusions as many other people are. haku tried to vigi dbp and got role blocked. question #1) did you get roleblocked or did the kill not go through? #2) are you fake claiming that you used your vigi?

If you claim vigi obviously you're going to get the mafia to use their 1 shot roleblock on you that night. so why waste the 1-shot that wont occur anyways. but if it didn't get role blocked and actually shot that would line up with dbp being the SK. with his role hunting shenanigans its making him seems scummy, but it doesn't feel like a woof dbp.

p.s. i got distracted while writing this :P

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 02-26-2016, 10:29 AM   #11
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by storn42 View Post
question #1) did you get roleblocked or did the kill not go through? #2) are you fake claiming that you used your vigi?
1.) I got roleblocked.
2.) I have no reason to fake claim here. (Unless I'm the SK. If you guys are convinced I'm the SK and doesn't come to conclusions by the end of this phase, lynch me. I'm serious. I already used all my abilities and I should have about the same value as a VT and we can afford to mislynch me to simplify information.)
Old 02-26-2016, 11:02 AM   #12
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
1.) I got roleblocked.
2.) I have no reason to fake claim here. (Unless I'm the SK. If you guys are convinced I'm the SK and doesn't come to conclusions by the end of this phase, lynch me. I'm serious. I already used all my abilities and I should have about the same value as a VT and we can afford to mislynch me to simplify information.)
except why not fake claim? assuming you are the vigi, it would be wise to not shoot the night after you claim when there is a 1 shot roleblock in game. they use the roleblock on you instead of killing you and you get to keep your vigi. I'm not saying you aren't the vigi here. its just that it might be a possibility. dont ask me why im so thorough in saying that you could fakeclaim as town, it might be comming off as scummy, but you know :P

then again.. now that i think about it... why would you fake claim the shooting? now that i've actually read up on the rules, if the roleblock was used on you and you didn't shoot wouldn't you still get notified? again, its good to tell people that the roleblock was used and you would say weather or not you used the kill. in other words im just stupid.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 02-26-2016, 11:29 AM   #13
Hakulyte
the Haku

Claiming Medic near EoD objectively speaking was a bad play. The problem is that it did happen. Ironically, the claim of "who's the Medic" could have gone into any direction and I think it was a good idea to out myself to reduce the possibilities of what could be used against us. It felt safe because I was about to use my last ability anyway and become the equivalent of a Town. My worse case scenario was me getting lynched during Day 2 phase and I did flip a coin for that. I can't predict what you all do in 5 minutes. I just assumed it wouldn't be "Haku hard claimed Medic? Everyone kill Haku".

I assumed that even if my shot was roleblocked, the roleblock itself was enough information in the first place to justify the shot.
I assumed I wouldn't die because my play made me look incredibly bad Day 2 and opened doors to start a counter-play. I could have died tho and this game would have gone in a fairly different way.

In terms of why for my actions:

If I died (I recognize that was still a fairly likely possibility), saving my shot is completely stupid and pointless.
I had to shoot to get information.
I got my information; it's that I've been roleblocked.
If I didn't shoot, I would have known nothing and would be just looking bad right now because I hard claimed and did nothing to follow through from my own actions.
Therefore it wasn't a choice and I had to shoot.

I've chosen DAP because I wanted to test my own Day 1 call + "I have a feeling" Psychic soft-claims + I want you to realize that you've been looking too Town this entire game. Everyone would have jumped off a bridge in your name for how useful you've been. You can call this paranoia on my side and you would be fairly right, but that's how I see it. I also find it funny that you're now considering going with "zebra cakes" as if you also realized how we've been all looking way too Town.

It's both detrimental for Town and Mafia to look too much Town.

#I feel liked I learned something here.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:08 PM   #14
Hakulyte
the Haku

I feel like it's about time I explain my thought process toward the entirety of this game. I'm going to use pictures because it feels more refreshing than typing wall of texts.

My play is centered around one thing: "Gathering Information" and doing everything in my power to make that happen. (this include claiming unlikely things, acting in a certain way, etc. etc.)
I did this because I feel like I had to do it to compensate this incredibly terrorizing thing that is cardflips: OFF .
This mechanic all by itself is the reason why I'm freaking out and trying all sorts of things.

I did my usual "I'm a Productive Game Solving Town" meta and got generally soft-pocketed by everyone. At about half ot Day 1, I started to realize it was a double edged sword. It opened the door for anyone to be seen as Town as long as they helped me. I still needed information and the content in general felt interesting enough to shut up and just let the game progress as it was fulfilling my goal at the moment.

This is the turning point where I started to feel like that I no longer had the ability to continue the game normally. I was just in the dark most of this phase and decided to do something unusual which was to completely switch my meta and become "retarded" in hope it creates different situations where we can gather new information.

I also started using reverse psychology(saying the opposite of what I think, becoming unproductive/scum-looking/doing illogical calls @ YoshL is Wolf) and attempted to play the Suicide Card to keep a middle ground between making myself look bad while also trying to not die either. I wanted to become useless/irrelevant and also hopefully see interesting stuff happen from a distance.

I survived up to this point and used my 1-shot vigi on N2. This ends my entire play for this game in terms of actions and shenanigans.

From this point you guys will need to solve the game without my help because I really have nothing else left to throw into this game. I'm just hoping rzr can take over and explain the rest from here because it feels like he knows a lot of stuff that I don't know.

Honestly, if you just lied here to see what happens, I'm going to be salty. At same time, I can see it working to generate reactions but still, that was very out of character of you to call that.

Anyway, this is just like Day 1 phase, I'm going to work soon and will not come back until later on.

Charu, if you're reading this, I invite you to pressure the hell out of rzr. Something's not right here.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:40 PM   #15
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Ok
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-26-2016, 01:36 PM   #16
Hakulyte
the Haku

Okay, I need to clarify something because I massively derped and didn't realize something about roleblocking.

I thought you could roleblock a player and that the roleblock action itself would defend that player from getting targeted by an action. I confused this with the Medic save.

Also, hitting a bulletproof vest doesn't trigger a pm to inform me that I got roleblocked. (obviously <_<" )

..and since I got roleblocked by X mafia player it doesn't prove anything about DBP.

So.. suddenly I realize that a good part of what I just said doesn't make sense.

Sorry.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:07 PM   #17
Hakulyte
the Haku

I don't know if you realize it, but what I'm posting doesn't even work?
I don't see how he could make it work even if you gave him miracle reads and everyhing.
I'm convinced he's lying.

I wanted to post that long wall of text in hope the other players try to iso the game in the same way and see if it's even possible to somehow get to a conclusion. I'm personally failing to make this work even if I gave myself a perfect game and out of this world reads.

I could end up with the right names, but it wouldn't be a 100% call.

Regardless, he does need to post.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:16 PM   #18
botchi246
Keepin it Real since '05
FFR Veteran

Epitaph: I Hate You All

Old 02-26-2016, 02:22 PM   #19
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Don't get me wrong, what you posted was good and I like it. But, rzr needed to have said that.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:22 PM   #20
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

I wanted you to post that AFTER he posted his thing. Understand what I mean?

Closed Thread