Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to xObserveRx Send a message via MSN to xObserveRx
Default jTWG: Graduation Day

"Finally, we're going to be done with place!"

Shikari fired what was possibly the last hamburger wrapper of his high school career into the nearby trash can. A second wrapper flew toward the basket, clipped the rim and fell to the floor. Looking to his right, he recognized the shooter as his best friend Syhto's boyfriend, StoicRoivaS. Hanging his head low, Stoic stood up.
"Well that's it for my basketball scholarship..."
Shikari laughed.
"The only thing you'll be dunking in college is donuts, bro!"

Stoic had put on a bit of weight over the past four years and clearly Shikari had noticed. He suddenly wondered who, if anyone else, had noticed as well; Syhto? Iggy? Surely his brother, DiscoBobbyPARANOiA would say something if he saw it. He shook the thought out of his mind and made for the cafeteria door.

As he was exiting the room, a terrified looking 00Razor00 nearly took him off his feet. The girl narrowly squeezed by and continued into the cafeteria. Razor didn't have the best rep in the school and based on her current situation, Stoic couldn't imagine enough things that the poor girl could be running from. His answer arrived only a second later when Razor opened her mouth.

"Everyone, school's done early today! Someone threatened the Valedictorian's life!"

Silence filled the room for a few seconds. After what seemed like an eternity, snickers and mumbling crept back into the sound spectrum.
Stoic was frozen to the ground.
"Syhto..."

Suddenly something expected happened. The school's most notorious douchebag, as well as "coolest" person, Omeganitros, retorted.
"The only thing that should be threatened is her virginity! Stoic, hit that shit already, bro!"
The cafeteria burst into laughter. Rage boiled inside of Stoic.

"Hey, **** you, dude!" He screamed, breaking into a run toward the howling jock. Omega's buddies, RawrInc and Gun92 blocked him before he could reach the smiling culprit.

"Mr. Evans, I heard that! Detention, my office, now!"
Stoic recognized the voice of his phys ed teacher, Mr. Wellington. Detention with him would mean push-ups; lots of push-ups. He sighed and turned around.
"But sir, Syhto's been threa-"
"Ms. Stevens is perfectly fine," the lumbering gym teacher cut in, "your pectorals on the other hand, are in for a world of pain. Follow me."

Still shaken up, Razor tried to reassure Stoic as he passed her by.
"I'll make sure Syhto's okay and I'll text you," she whispered.

It wasn't much but it was something.

As Mr. Wellington ushered Stoic out of the cafeteria, Iggy and DBP looked at each other in shock.
"Did that just happen," Iggy asked his friend who was still shaking his head.
"Yeah, I guess we should go see how Syhto is doing..."

The two guys followed Razor and their friend out of the cafeteria.

It is now Night 1.

PMs are out with roles. If you're the wolf or have been presented with the item bag, you need to send in your responses by 2:00 am EDT (12 hrs from now).

Players:

1) Shikari (raphz0rr)
2) Gun92 (james92hoffman)
3) iggymatrixcounter (iggy911mc)
4) Omeganitros (omeganoxim)
5) rzr (astickytree)
6) 00Razor00 (Razwh0r3)
7) RawrInc (Jsrf325)
8) StoicRoivaS (StoicRoivaS)
9) DiscoBobbyPARANOiA (dbptwg)
10) Syhto (Sopsmoi)

Last edited by xObserveRx; 05-22-2011 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: Time to learn how to spell sYhto's name...
xObserveRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #2
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: jTWG: Graduation Day

Alright, I've been asked to clear a few things up as well as point some things out:

1) Night talking is Off. This means that while you can still talk on AIM to anyone (minus dead people of course), you cannot post in the thread during night phases.

2) The story has nothing to do with the game's roles. It is simply there for amusement. Please read it, I write for you guys. :P

And now to answer some questions that I've already been asked:

(These are copied/pasted directly from the aim conversations where they were first asked.)

- wolf gets their items before game starts. He/she can choose to hold them indefinitely or play them both on N1. Should the wolf get the item bag, he/she can possibly get another use of camouflage, but never another use of red paint.

- the only item that will not have a PM saying something like "you got x item from the bag tonight, who do you wish to seer/kill/etc." will be the immunity charm, which must be actively played or can be held indefinitely.

- the inventory will show you which items have been played, when they were played, and what items are currently out that night. These "items" include the wolf's camo and red paint.

- for the immunity charm, the more people remain in the game, the longer it takes to insta someone. Hence you'll have more time to play it (before day's end), whereas the longer the game drags on, an insta may be at 3 votes against you, meaning if there's 5 people in the game, you'd want/need to play it before 50% of the votes are in.

- the inventory will have breakdowns by nights. Meaning if the wolf has abilities he/she can use, the inventory receiver will known when they were used because only the wolf has those abilities. Should the wolf get an immunity charm or shotgun or something, you wouldn't necessarily know the wolf used the item, but you'd know WHEN that item was used, or if it is currently in someone's posession.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:50 AM   #3
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

It's a bit earlier than the designated time, but I'm really tired and need to sleep.

I'll have the story up in the morning, but I don't want to leave anyone hanging...

Iggymatrixcounter has been killed.

It is now day 1. Day will end at 11:59pm on Wednesday, or sooner if need be.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:24 AM   #4
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

Wow, way to ruin all the fun Mr. (or Ms.) Wolf. Sorry Iggy =/

Ok, first of all, a few things to help us find this jerk.

The blue powers of the game are entirely tied to random players and at (almost) entirely random times. Therefor, I think it's fairly safe for people who use an item to say so the following day. There's no real reason for the wolf to retaliate as that person no longer has any distinction from a normal human. Now, before anyone wonders about a wolf faking an item use, just consider that if two people come out and claim to have gotten (and used) an item in the same night, we just lynch them both and win, so that's quite unlikely/risky.

With that in mind, it pays off to realize what happens in each case when someone gets, uses, and reports their item each night:

Shotgun: Not a whole lot to be gained here. Wolves and humans will both use it in a similar way (i.e. kill someone for what they think is a "good" reason), and even with the overlap of the seer goggles, we aren't really going to gain much when someone comes out after a shotgun usage.

Camouflage: This one is significantly better. Not only can the person who used the goggles come out in 100% safety (unlike most seers) we can also trust the results fairly highly. The wolf Camouflage item is a one-time use, which means the odds of them using it the same night as chosen are quite low. The bigger problem is the red paint bucket, which will cause an easy false-positive. Regardless, the bucket is also one-time and cannot be replenished in the bag, so a single false positive out of 9 humans seems pretty acceptable. Additionally, realize that it's reasonably unlikely for the wolf to Camo himself night one, because there is really no suspicion on anyone, and that seems like a huge waste. So it's a 50/50 call that an early red vision is spot on.

Immunity Charm: This one is tricky because it can be saved up. Which means if no one uses (and reports) it, it creates a very real opening for the wolf to fake-claim they used an item. The easy solution to this is of course to announce that you got a charm, even if you don't plan on using it right away. This prevents any fake claims by the wolf fairly handily.

Inventory: This one I'm not sure about. I can see where it would be useful information to fully report, but if the wolf happens to be a skilled player, I can see paths in which having that full disclosure is very bad for us. For now I would suggest stating that you received the inventory, but *NOT* stating the actual results, simply that you got picked for an item and got the inventory. If however we end up with someone we trust reasonably well, planning around this information in private could be fairly powerful.

So, in short, unless someone has a good reason as to why not to, I think it's in our best interest for whoever got the item last night to come out and say so. We know it wasn't the shotgun because there was only one kill. If you got the goggles you can say so safely, and you can probably say who you picked and the result. If you got the inventory, it probably didn't have much information N1, but there isn't really any harm in knowing someone got it. If you got the charm, it doesn't do much, but it will still be useful to know for sure which item did or did not go out N1.

As far as the Iggy kill as information is concerned, I'm sure any experienced player here would know that Iggy would be a smart N1 kill, but is there anyone so new to TWG and FFR that they wouldn't know this? I don't want to be quick to claim someone is innocent on so little evidence, but if this is someone's first TWG ever, I don't see them likely to kill Iggy really, so, who's new here?
-Bowser
StoicRoivaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:39 AM   #5
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

And by camouflage in my list, of course I meant seer goggles. Silly edit rules.
-Bowser
StoicRoivaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

~valedictorian~

Everyone here has had at least one game, and the 2 newer players(razor and shikari) have experience playing with iggy. Playing in a manhunt as a wolf could cause anyone act more brazenly, but I can't really say

I agree about coming out when you have received the item bag. It might start getting messy if we don't keep track of who has been able to do what as the game progresses. As long as they come out after the night phase, there shouldn't be anything for the wolf to glean that would cause detriment.

It will also pressure the wolf, if they happen to get the item bag and draw out camouflage (which is how that works, right?) they would have to come up with a different story, or just not come out at all. We can always figure more info according to who has had it and what they said about it. These items are pretty good at interacting with one another to form an interesting game. If we don't take advantage of it, the wolf will

There aren't many players in this game so let's make our votes count and do the effort
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #7
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

and by that of course I mean participate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #8
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Hi Syhto!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

I'm not entirely sure what's up with the item stuff, but everything said has been agreeable and makes a fair amount of sense. I have the immunity charm.
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #9
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Hello humans
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #10
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

Hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
00Razor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #11
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DiscoBobbyPARANOiA

I completely agree about coming out after using an item. That is a very good idea.

I did not receive an item last night.

The only useful thing I have to contribute is a conversation.

Code:
Razwh0r3 (6:28:37 PM): Hey, it's Razor from the upcoming TWG that's started on FFR. Got time to chat?
DBP TWG (6:30:17 PM): I do
Razwh0r3 (6:31:24 PM): Sounds good. How many people have you talked to so far?
DBP TWG (6:32:09 PM): I have talked to only you.
Razwh0r3 (6:34:12 PM): Ah I see. Well, you're the 4th person I talk to. Mainly since everyone's offline and whatnot.
DBP TWG (6:34:50 PM): I haven't attempted to talk to anyone yet. Night talking is disallowed so there's no information until morning. I figured I would start it up then
Razwh0r3 (6:35:13 PM): Night talking is disallowed on the forums.
DBP TWG (6:35:25 PM): Right
Razwh0r3 (6:35:26 PM): AIM convos are still allowed, lol.
DBP TWG (6:35:34 PM): I understand
Razwh0r3 (6:36:20 PM): Hmm. Any suspicions on people? 
DBP TWG (6:37:04 PM): How would I be suspicious of anyone? I've not talked to anyone, nor is there any information to go off of.
Razwh0r3 (6:37:45 PM): Maybe because most of the players are veterans. So the odds of one of them being a wolf is perhaps high?
DBP TWG (6:38:30 PM): I assume the roles were chosen randomly as they always have been. Or at least they're supposed to have been.
This was the entire conversation. (s)he just stopped responding after my last message.

To me, either razor is excited about having an item (trying to figure out who to use it on) or an excited wolf.

I would like for item holders to please state that you had them, and for razor to let us know if (s)he is a wolf or not. Thanks

Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #12
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

I'm going to be out of town for a couple days, so I won't be on aim, but I'll do my best to stay active in the thread. If you need one-on-one contact with me please PM me.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #13
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Just a reminder that day ends tonight at midnight EDT (that's wednesday night).
Old 05-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #14
Gun92
FFR Veteran

Safety on Disco
Old 05-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #15
Shikari
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shikari Send a message via Skype™ to Shikari

Hey, DiscoBobby, nice try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Shikari for resident profile artist
Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #16
Shikari
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shikari Send a message via Skype™ to Shikari

My vote is for DiscoBobbyPARANOiA too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Shikari for resident profile artist
Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #17
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

What do you mean nice try?

Old 05-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #18
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

I'm on a friend's laptop atm, so I'm using meebo (web browser version of trillian)

Formatting is a bit different as a result. I don't have time to sit on aim through this day/night cycle enough to talk to people, so I'm just going to post this here.

Code:
[14:45] DBP TWG: What do you mean nice try?
[14:45] raphz0rrr: That wasn't Razor typing.
[14:46] DBP TWG: Who was it?
[14:46] DBP TWG: That's a direct copy/paste from aim
[14:46] raphz0rrr: You. Pretty much faking a convo to attract attention to another player in the first day.
[14:46] DBP TWG: Seriously?
[14:46] raphz0rrr: That's my opinion.
[14:46] DBP TWG: What makes you so sure that wasn't razor?
[14:46] raphz0rrr: Because I talk with him a lot.
[14:47] DBP TWG: What does that have to do with it? Please be specific.
[14:47] raphz0rrr: The way he types.
[14:47] raphz0rrr: It's not like that.
[14:47] raphz0rrr: Capitalized, with proper periods.
[14:47] DBP TWG: Well, I regret to inform you, that was the person I claimed it to be, barring, obviously, someone else being on their account
[14:48] DBP TWG: Just because someone talks to you one way doesn't mean it's the way they talk to everyone. Some people try to type formally when typing to people about specific things
[14:48] raphz0rrr: Good point, but I still don't think it was him, that's all.
[14:48] DBP TWG: Wait until they actually say it's not them. Don't just throw a vote on me
[14:49] DBP TWG: You're going to look silly when they post "Yeah I said that, and here's why."
[14:49] raphz0rrr: I may look silly, but that's what I think.
[14:50] raphz0rrr: Like any other people ever made a mistake on TWG.
[14:50] DBP TWG: I'm not trying to insult you, I'm trying to help you. Putting a vote on an experienced player based on what you think someone types like isn't a good way to win the game. It's a good way to make you look bad
[14:50] DBP TWG: And by bad I mean a wolf, not "bad"
[14:50] DBP TWG: Sorry
[14:51] raphz0rrr: Nah, I'm not taking it as an insult, don't worry.
[14:51] DBP TWG: That was the conversation I had. It was not altered in any way. I saved it through aim, then copy/paste from the convo load interface
[14:52] raphz0rrr: And my point of view, with the convo you posted, is that you faked it to give him attention, claiming he's a wolf, instead of you.
[14:52] raphz0rrr: I'm not experienced, but that's how I think, see?
[14:52] DBP TWG: I didn't say he was a wolf though. I didn't even vote for him, or ask other people to. I stated the possible cases, and didn't say which I thought was actually the case. I was asking for input
[14:53] raphz0rrr: "To me, either razor is excited about having an item (trying to figure out who to use it on) or an excited wolf.

I would like for item holders to please state that you had them, and for razor to let us know if (s)he is a wolf or not. "
[14:53] DBP TWG: We can't jump on every little thing and just lynch people left and right. We'll lose that way. We need to talk and decide how to approach things
[14:53] raphz0rrr: First line: You implied a little he was a wolf.
[14:53] DBP TWG: I implied it was possible
[14:53] raphz0rrr: Second line: Even if he actually was the wolf, he'd say "no"
[14:54] raphz0rrr: "No, I'm not the wolf, I have this item"
[14:54] DBP TWG: If he's the wolf, he's going to have an item that a human can't have, and it'll be obvious. If he claims to have had one of the human items, we know he's lying, and we win
[14:55] DBP TWG: It's a win/win for him (I'm assuming it's a he at this point) to come out and state what item he had, if he did. And the "Let us know if you're a wolf" was a joke, clearly.
[14:55] raphz0rrr: It's a "he". The only girl playing is Syhto, afaik.
[14:55] DBP TWG: Okay
[14:55] DBP TWG: Thanks you
[14:55] DBP TWG: -s
[14:55] raphz0rrr: Anyway, I gotta go now.
[14:55] raphz0rrr: I may be back later in this week.
[14:56] raphz0rrr: My monitor died, but I'll try to be active in the thread.
[14:56] raphz0rrr: See you later.
[14:56] DBP TWG: Okay
[14:56] raphz0rrr: By the way, I'm a human and have no items.
[14:56] DBP TWG: Noted
Take it for what you will. Appears to be human to me, and just inexperienced. I've not payed attention to recent playing at all, so I apologize if you've played 50 games and I'm just dumb.

It would still be nice for people to come forward with what they had last night, and for razor to give us some input.

Also, Gun92. There is plenty of material in the thread to look at and respond to, please do that. Starting a bandwagon that a wolf can hop on isn't a good idea.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #19
Gun92
FFR Veteran

My vote wasn't a bandwagon smarty pants. I voted a safety on you cause you were the first name that popped out and my vote was first so its staying.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #20
Gun92
FFR Veteran

Anyone could hop onto any vote any who. Also, I read what you said wrong the first time. If someone else is going to vote for you after a random safety, you have obviously given them reason to.