Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2004, 10:40 PM   #1
Blox
FFR Player

Default Earning Your Settings

While the settings are nice and I love having them for free, I think it could be a better idea to place them in the shop. The shop has a couple of songs, and they are nice and everything, but in my opinion it should contain more than just new stages. This could have several advantages...

1) It would fill the shop, as stated above. The shop looks a tad bare and this would add a WALL of new things to purchase.

2) It would add replay value. Gathering more and more credits to try out different mods. Some newcomers have no concept of Stepmania or even Dance Dance Revolution so they may be bewildered and interested in effects such as "Tornado" and "Dizzy".

3) It could prevent new people from mod-whoring. It is just my personal preference, but I think a person should learn to play the game a tiny bit with default settings before playing with speed mods and other things that some would say makes the arrows easier to read and such.

4) Retaining interest. I've seen people go "Eh, why buy these songs I can never beat them". Settings are different however. You can use settings on ANY stage. Someone may want to try out Mario on 2x for example. This keeps them playing, which will build up their skill playing new songs which will ultimately make them good enough to save up for the better songs to play.

The effects would not have to cost a lot of credits. Perhaps 50-100 or so. Maybe 200 for the more interesting ones like Tornado and Dark. You could go a tad extreme and go 200-500 for the new direction settings (diagonal/reverse/etc). There are many pricing possibilities.
Blox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 09:02 AM   #2
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

Oooh, I like that idea. The store is way to empty, and it's fairly easy to buy everything in there, which makes credits almost useless... buying settings seems like it would really add to the game.

ImEric12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 01:55 PM   #3
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

for those of us that dont play the game all that often, credits are very very annoying, and if i couldnt get the speed mods and stuff for free, i would just go play stepmania. and i know other people would do this too, so reallly, putting them in the shop makes people hate FFR. well, thats how i see it anyways

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 02:12 PM   #4
qrrbrbirbel
FFR Veteran
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I think the whole buying settings thing is cool, but the u should be able to have free access to the first 2 speed settings, x0.5 and x0.7. That would give beginners a chance to get a feel for the game. I had a hard time with the whole speed thng the first time i tried. Then again, i chose CIA Rave |.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:43 PM   #5
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

Well, that or just have a few options available for free, or you could choose which options you want for free. For example: you can choose 2 free options, you might choose dark and hidden, or something.

ImEric12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:36 PM   #6
kukki
FFR Player

I dunno, I can do it at 1.5 better cause it gives more space between the arrows....I just hope that is the next thing to be finished...
kukki is offline   Reply With Quote