like 100% sure?
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 06-17-2017, 07:33 PM   #783
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Turbo XV: Nickelodeon's Worst Show Ever - Game Thread

celery i can see where you're coming from but like... i don't necessarily agree with it. it's possible to be relatively inactive in thread but still be active in wolfchat. esp because that's when he's at work. idk.

i wouldn't count him out as a wolf just yet, but i would agree with the fact that blind is probably not a wolf. i don't think wv and blind are wolves together. tbh i'm leaning towards a wv/sunfan partnership right now. it feels like mad distancing between wv and sunfan because we're closing in on sunfan maybe and wv is actually active for a phase.

i think i might be reading into things too much again. i don't want to be terribly wrong about all this shit again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom
Old 06-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #784
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
some good cheap shots in here, but I think what a lot of people want from you are your actual OPINIONS about ALIGNMENTS rather than cheap shots and saying "HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"
it wouldve been nice had you answered the questions i asked instead of just posting this
Old 06-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #785
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Kitten View Post
celery i can see where you're coming from but like... i don't necessarily agree with it. it's possible to be relatively inactive in thread but still be active in wolfchat. esp because that's when he's at work. idk..
wolfchat is at night only assuming I'm reading the OP right, so there's a bit of a hole in your reasoning there. unless I misunderstand

but honestly I think the theory doesn't have a ton of credence anymore anyways

I think it's ck/sunfan or wv/sunfan; I'd be happy lynching sunfan right now I think..? CK I dont mind if blind is deadset
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 06-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #786
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
Two things from this:

1) I want to hear more on why WV+I are your mind's pair

2) I'm curious why you're so swayed by emotion this game, first with me d0 and now CK

to be honest

I think you're being a bit lazy with solving this game
I often get called a robot; but I look for emotional stuff a lot more than people realize. I was hard defending McDonalds and at the very end Microsoft last game because of their emotion. Emotion is the easiest stuff to read and the hardest stuff to fake in forum. Its the main way I've read games for the majority of my time playing this game, and its because I think I'm good at it. fwiw I am more sure of the read on CK than I am on you, but that should be obvious by now.

WV + you is POE. Its not cold kitten, its not me, it /could/ be blind, and I'm hoping to get that resolved.

Its more WV + you OR WV + blind.

Its kind of funny that you accuse me of being lazy with this game, but I'll talk more about that later, but its the crux of my read on WV right now. He's not really interacted with people (aside from you this phase), and while I do understand that he's not really been around during peak hours, when he has been its not really been trying to solve the game, more stating the conclusions that he's drawn rather than trying to reach conclusions based on interactions from other players.

This is how new players wolf most of the time. Its basically what you did when you rolled wolf in the previous turbo, and its because wolves already know everything about the game, so they make pretty solidified reads and have a hard time adjusting from that.

You its more POE, and while there was the emotion on d0, it wasn't overwhelming in the way that CK's emotion is. Maybe its an unfair read, and its certainly influenced by several factors of the current moment (all of which are basically POE), but its where I'm at right now. Its why I want to talk to blind for the most part.

If you look at my play last game, where I clearly did a lot of fuckin' work in solving the game, there weren't really any moments where I felt like I'd solved the game. Even at the end, I had doubts in my mind. Its exceedingly rare for me to ever feel complacent with a game, just because you're almost never right about everything as a player (which is another reason why I don't really like looking for pairs/relationships, at least not in the early game).

What I'm saying is, I rarely should give off that I feel confident in a game, because I rarely do.

I often get accused of "being lazy" in games, and it kind of bugs me the same way you saying that lurker is better than me bugs me; because it hurts my pride. I'm pretty goddamn prideful, its especially showcased in lTWG, and pride is really a primary motivator towards me trying to win games.

I have the most posts in this game. I think me and CK are the only people to do ISOs. I've probably reread the thread more than anyone else. So I'm pretty annoyed to hear that you, regardless of your alignment, posted that.

I'm not sure whatever or wherever you're getting that feeling, assuming it is legitimate, which I have doubts about. I think potentially you've got some wolfy confirmation bias, and it reminds me of after the Secret Hitler game we played when you (incorrectly, as there was no "mechanically correct" shot) said that Felix mechanically should have shot me when he had a gun. That, or you said that I was the best possible shot, idr.

This statement feels the same way to me. Whatever unrealistic goals you have set for my play this game, I have not met them, and you think its strange regardless of your alignment. If you're a wolf, you're taking this opportunity to push on me, and that's kind of what it feels like. When people wolf for the first time when I'm town, this is just a common way that I get pushed.

But the thing is, while I get pushed often, I don't get mislynched ever. I am town this game, and I am NOT dying here.

You have said you expect me to have solved the game, I wanted to lynch neither roundbox nor CK yesterday, I wanted to lynch WV. I have pushed who I think the best lynch is (and I was wrong on d0 on Sanz, obviously), and I think I tried to rally the voters as best I could (tried to get roundbox to move his vote, posted my case again at EOD)

This post is getting to be about 5x longer than I expected it to, so I'll wrap it up here.

If you're town, I need you to realize that whyever you think I've been lazy is wrong is the tl;dr of this post.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:38 PM   #787
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

tbh rereading the thread, i don't know how anyone figured out the freezin was the PR but in my mind greg could've figured it out somehow and that's the only person that could have figured it out.

Quote:
it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom
Old 06-17-2017, 07:39 PM   #788
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
r u sure you're not a wolf
Quote:
like 100% sure?
Old 06-17-2017, 07:40 PM   #789
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
wolfchat is at night only assuming I'm reading the OP right, so there's a bit of a hole in your reasoning there. unless I misunderstand
i thought he works during the night???

maybe i misunderstood

Quote:
Old 06-17-2017, 07:42 PM   #790
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I often get called a robot; but I look for emotional stuff a lot more than people realize. I was hard defending McDonalds and at the very end Microsoft last game because of their emotion. Emotion is the easiest stuff to read and the hardest stuff to fake in forum. Its the main way I've read games for the majority of my time playing this game, and its because I think I'm good at it. fwiw I am more sure of the read on CK than I am on you, but that should be obvious by now.

WV + you is POE. Its not cold kitten, its not me, it /could/ be blind, and I'm hoping to get that resolved.

Its more WV + you OR WV + blind.

Its kind of funny that you accuse me of being lazy with this game, but I'll talk more about that later, but its the crux of my read on WV right now. He's not really interacted with people (aside from you this phase), and while I do understand that he's not really been around during peak hours, when he has been its not really been trying to solve the game, more stating the conclusions that he's drawn rather than trying to reach conclusions based on interactions from other players.

This is how new players wolf most of the time. Its basically what you did when you rolled wolf in the previous turbo, and its because wolves already know everything about the game, so they make pretty solidified reads and have a hard time adjusting from that.

You its more POE, and while there was the emotion on d0, it wasn't overwhelming in the way that CK's emotion is. Maybe its an unfair read, and its certainly influenced by several factors of the current moment (all of which are basically POE), but its where I'm at right now. Its why I want to talk to blind for the most part.

If you look at my play last game, where I clearly did a lot of fuckin' work in solving the game, there weren't really any moments where I felt like I'd solved the game. Even at the end, I had doubts in my mind. Its exceedingly rare for me to ever feel complacent with a game, just because you're almost never right about everything as a player (which is another reason why I don't really like looking for pairs/relationships, at least not in the early game).

What I'm saying is, I rarely should give off that I feel confident in a game, because I rarely do.

I often get accused of "being lazy" in games, and it kind of bugs me the same way you saying that lurker is better than me bugs me; because it hurts my pride. I'm pretty goddamn prideful, its especially showcased in lTWG, and pride is really a primary motivator towards me trying to win games.

I have the most posts in this game. I think me and CK are the only people to do ISOs. I've probably reread the thread more than anyone else. So I'm pretty annoyed to hear that you, regardless of your alignment, posted that.

I'm not sure whatever or wherever you're getting that feeling, assuming it is legitimate, which I have doubts about. I think potentially you've got some wolfy confirmation bias, and it reminds me of after the Secret Hitler game we played when you (incorrectly, as there was no "mechanically correct" shot) said that Felix mechanically should have shot me when he had a gun. That, or you said that I was the best possible shot, idr.

This statement feels the same way to me. Whatever unrealistic goals you have set for my play this game, I have not met them, and you think its strange regardless of your alignment. If you're a wolf, you're taking this opportunity to push on me, and that's kind of what it feels like. When people wolf for the first time when I'm town, this is just a common way that I get pushed.

But the thing is, while I get pushed often, I don't get mislynched ever. I am town this game, and I am NOT dying here.

You have said you expect me to have solved the game, I wanted to lynch neither roundbox nor CK yesterday, I wanted to lynch WV. I have pushed who I think the best lynch is (and I was wrong on d0 on Sanz, obviously), and I think I tried to rally the voters as best I could (tried to get roundbox to move his vote, posted my case again at EOD)

This post is getting to be about 5x longer than I expected it to, so I'll wrap it up here.

If you're town, I need you to realize that whyever you think I've been lazy is wrong is the tl;dr of this post.
woah emotional greg post. these are rare

Quote:
Old 06-17-2017, 07:43 PM   #791
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

i'm pretty ok with a wv lynch tbh.

Quote:
Old 06-17-2017, 07:43 PM   #792
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

he's also POE for me

Quote:
Old 06-17-2017, 07:45 PM   #793
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

actually no

Quote:
Old 06-17-2017, 07:45 PM   #794
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

i don't know what i'm okay with anymore

Quote:
Old 06-17-2017, 07:45 PM   #795
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

blah

Quote:
Old 06-17-2017, 07:45 PM   #796
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

i've been meaning to ask this but never got around to it

whats poe
Old 06-17-2017, 07:46 PM   #797
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

process of elimination

Quote:
Old 06-17-2017, 07:46 PM   #798
Celirra
FFR Player

@sun fan I did read over your post

before I say anything about that though I really really need something important

Cold Kitten, have you played with Sunfan a decent amount? Do you know his meta well?

you're the only person who's familiar with him right now enough, and a lot of what he's saying relies on an appeal to authority via the basis of his own tenure, so to speak.

WV and myself can't say because other than the anon I believe this is both of our first times playing with him in forum. I think Blind is the same way moreorless, or it was a long time ago if he did ever. I know you didn't play for a while either, but I think that you'd know best either way.

I ask this kind of thinking, and this may be me tunneling, that the strategy is to eliminate anyone who would be familiar with his wolf meta (Freezin, lurker; add in the unfortunate lynch of roundbox, which sunfan can't technically be accredited to in fairness). I also see credence in how only he could deduct the whole freezin = blue issue, so I'm starting to mindmeld with you to an extent, which is the only reason I trust you enough to ask you this.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 06-17-2017, 07:47 PM   #799
Celirra
FFR Player

and for the sake of posting this because I do respect and like sunfan a lot, I hope you know I was prodding to get an emotional reply and am quite proud it actually worked to this extent, I got a ton of info to go off of thanks to that, whether or not it's incriminating to you.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 06-17-2017, 07:47 PM   #800
Celirra
FFR Player

Quote:
whether or not it's incriminating to you.
I am still deciding* I meant to say, oops
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Closed Thread