Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #701
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Fitness Thread

do the insanity workout. assuming you have the will power to continue with it past the first week lol
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #702
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Unlimited willpower

Limited knowledge :<
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #703
Senip
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
God there are like a billion lifting routines online

they need a "aggressive routine for untrained fatasses who want to eventually look like a buff christian bale" routine
http://www.jimwendler.com/2011/09/531-for-a-beginner/

There you go.
Senip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #704
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner

**** it, imma be using this thread regularly I hope. After being unable to sleep for 3 days and having panic attacks and general anxiety and diet and mental health issues, step one is to get some goddamn excersize! My heart feels better already, worked my ass off for 2 hours.

Since i'm paranoid as hell about my heart going to shit, I think cardio is going to be my main focus. I've never done well with it, I need some more lung heaving power. I did lots of DDR, treadmill, bicycle, jumping jacks/skipping, then just non cardio stuff like pushups, weights, situps, leg lifts, etc. I am aiming to try to get a routine formulated, or I'll work off of one already made.

So yeah, i'm gunna try working out again. I did kungfu for 7 years and sat on my ass depressed and lazy for 2 years. Hopefully i can kick my butt into gear.

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #705
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Today I decided I wasn't a bitch so I upped my leg press.

By 200lbs.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #706
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

how does that even make sense...
Old 09-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #707
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

To be fair, it's leg press. Probably the easiest lift to progress on, esp. if it's incline.

I've been doing nothing but squats now since the start of august and ditched the leg press, since I was up to 6 plates on each side. I tried it again last week and 8 plates was pretty god damn light (18 reps).

In bulking news, progress is going good. Weight up to 166.5. Bench - 185x10, Squat - 265x10.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #708
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
To be fair, it's leg press. Probably the easiest lift to progress on, esp. if it's incline.

I've been doing nothing but squats now since the start of august and ditched the leg press, since I was up to 6 plates on each side. I tried it again last week and 8 plates was pretty god damn light (18 reps).

In bulking news, progress is going good. Weight up to 166.5. Bench - 185x10, Squat - 265x10.
Killin' my buzz since '07
Old 09-21-2012, 11:31 PM   #709
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWolf View Post
Killin' my buzz since '07
You know I <3 you
Old 09-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #710
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

any other good, aggressive beginner routines i can check out that include LISS and HIIT on top of weight training?
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #711
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

stand on your head until you decide on something
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:22 AM   #712
Senip
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
any other good, aggressive beginner routines i can check out that include LISS and HIIT on top of weight training?
Bro, just do the 5/3/1 or Reach's. You're overthinking this and it's going to ruin any progress you make. I suggest 5/3/1 because it develops strength and muscle, and several bodybuilders do it. A lot of power lifters do too, such as Ben Seath, who had crazy gains on it (he recently had a 2000 lb raw total with bench/deads/squats, so...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1pF...eature=g-all-u

I've been doing carb backloading, while saving money for a real bodybuilder diet that will work for times and stuff. Weights up a little bit, but I'm feeling strong as hell. Did some rest pause sets yesterday with bench: did 275 12 times, then racked it and breathed, then did another 5, then racked/breathed, and another 3! Felt crazy, I usually dont do really high rep on bench.I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with my squats (I wasnt pushing my knees out...) so the weight is rocketing back up to HS levels. Deads are the only things I'm not progressing on, but everything else is jumping up like crazy so I'm not too sad. Went from having trouble doing standing OHP with 185 to repping it out past 10, which I can usually only do on seated (I can do 245 though seated...)

The fascia stretches hurt so good though, really enjoying it. chest and biceps were pulled open and it felt like I could really feel the full pump for the first time in a while.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #713
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

My routine this morning is just going to be skipping for 10 minutes, random cardio stuff that comes to mind (burpees, jumping jacks, running on the spot hard, etcetc), playing some DDR, then skipping for another 10 minutes. Then repeat as many times as i can lol.

I'm not putting too much thought into this yet, I just want to start. After the cardio stuff i'll do chinups/pushups/situps/leglifts/weights after stretching.

Right now I am 115..... fuk. 5"6. I need some weight. Any pointers for someone uneducated with actually gaining some weight? I've never had to do it before.

EDIT: holyshit i need to work myself up slowly, i ran as far as i could today and back (idk how far it was, theres a farmers field behind my house that i ran around) and i feel dead lol. I fainted for a second about a minute after stopping and had to just fall over, my head feels like the worst headache i've ever had. It was scary lol, my anxiety shot through the roof too. Prolly just due to an increased heart rate tho. Right now its 120bpm, 15 mins after. Is that bad for a recovery rate? x_x

Last edited by Spenner; 09-22-2012 at 08:56 AM..
Old 09-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #714
ssbmchamp
Can't improve at this game.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
My routine this morning is just going to be skipping for 10 minutes, random cardio stuff that comes to mind (burpees, jumping jacks, running on the spot hard, etcetc), playing some DDR, then skipping for another 10 minutes. Then repeat as many times as i can lol.

I'm not putting too much thought into this yet, I just want to start. After the cardio stuff i'll do chinups/pushups/situps/leglifts/weights after stretching.

Right now I am 115..... fuk. 5"6. I need some weight. Any pointers for someone uneducated with actually gaining some weight? I've never had to do it before.

Damn man, you need to get some muscle mass on your bones. Ummm first thing that comes to mind is try taking a mass gainer from GNC or other fitness store. It's more or less a high calorie powder loaded with protein that is supposed to make you gain weight and help with muscle growth (I've never actually tried it because I feel like for me it would be useless but just offering a possible solution.)
ssbmchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #715
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Yeah, some kind of protein suppliment is going to be needed, I know i dont get enough of that. Also, can we post progress pics here too? I might post a post-workout one here now and then refer back to it in a month or so. Also a way to force this as a long standing habit again hehe.

That'll be on my to-do list today, buying summa that stuff.

Also, ignore my banter about the cardio burn, I just get delirious with exhaustion after a good run lol. Time for weights and DDR~

Old 09-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #716
Senip
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbmchamp View Post
Damn man, you need to get some muscle mass on your bones. Ummm first thing that comes to mind is try taking a mass gainer from GNC or other fitness store. It's more or less a high calorie powder loaded with protein that is supposed to make you gain weight and help with muscle growth (I've never actually tried it because I feel like for me it would be useless but just offering a possible solution.)
Why would you even recommend something from GNC. they're so overpriced its laughable.

bodybuilding.com has several items where you can research what you want, then you can go to allstarhealth.com or dpsnutrition.net for the actual orders.

I suggest Universal Real Gains, but thats just me.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #717
Ohaider
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
Also, ignore my banter about the cardio burn, I just get delirious with exhaustion after a good run lol. Time for weights and DDR~
I'm completely with you on that haha. Does anyone have any recommendations on pads, i'm not looking for any of the steel pads (over priced in my opinion), but I was hoping to find just a regular pad on amazon or something. Hoping to not have to spend over 40 bucks or so.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #718
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

if you're looking to get a good cardio work out from ddr(playing 9-10+ itg scale) a foam pad will get you no where. once i started playing some harder 10s my foam pad started taking a shit and not registering after a while and i just started ghosting but it isnt the same. if you plan on using ddr/itg as a regular cardio workout then i would suggest getting a metal pad for durability
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #719
Ohaider
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Alright thanks, i'll see what I can do. Glad i didn't waste my money on a foam pad though!
Old 09-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #720
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

dumb ass. of course a foam pad wouldn't hold up.

love you