Default Re: Casie Marie Anthony trial FOUND NOT GUILTY

**** yeah
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 02:13 PM   #22
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

I don't know about anyone else, but I thought it was really really really obvious.
Vanilla Mnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 02:19 PM   #23
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

If the "drowning" story was real, then why the hell was there duct tape on the remains? Why was there so much browser history about drugs (things like chloroform, which was likely used to sedate the child)? What kind of mother goes for 31 days without reporting a missing child to the police, all the while partying it up? The odor in the car, according to forensics experts, was consistent with human decomposition and had traces of chloroform. Casey lied about Caylee's father, lied about her job, lied to the police, stole money, stole checks, borrowed a shovel, made up stories about "Zanny the nanny," lied about the empty apartment, was guilty of fraud, made up stories about being sexually abused by her brother/father, etc.

Who makes an accidental drowning look like murder? If it was truly an accident, she would have been too shocked to just go out and party. Why sit in jail on a death penalty charge if you know it's an accident -- why not speak up to the parents, even? At that point, you're on trial for *murder* under the gun for something you supposedly did not do. It's not believable, either, that the grandfather would cover up an accident like that and blame his own kid (especially as a former detective/cop).

We're supposed to ignore all that and say "Alright, despite all these demonstrably false claims she's made, we're going to accept a random explanation given three years later down the line as the truth -- an explanation which, in itself, we can only accept as a possibility without any proof?"

Complete crap.

In every accidental drowning case, you ****ing call 911 because you hope the paramedics can save your child. You don't wrap up the baby, duct tape it, and throw it away somewhere.

Casey walked because there wasn't enough to tie her to a murder charge. Yeah, the evidence is circumstantial. Yeah, there's no hardlinked evidence tying her to a guilty verdict. But this is another "common sense is obvious" case. Unfortunately, courts don't work that way. But Scott Peterson was convicted without any hardlinked evidence, either, so all I can say is "the courts are a crapshoot."

Last edited by Reincarnate; 07-5-2011 at 03:08 PM..
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 02:26 PM   #24
Emo_Saur_
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Emo_Saur_

First, there is only one person who knows who killed her Daughter and that's the killer. Second you can't blame this on America, it's not American Idol where you can call in and cast your vote. You can't call Jurors idiots, especially on cases as big as these. They obviously saw something that disproved her being the murderer. They would put themselves in such amounts of danger if they didn't believe their answer was the correct one. Now, they're going to get death threats by ill-informed idiots much like half of the people in this thread.
Old 07-5-2011, 02:33 PM   #25
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo_Saur_ View Post
First, there is only one person who knows who killed her Daughter and that's the killer. Second you can't blame this on America, it's not American Idol where you can call in and cast your vote. You can't call Jurors idiots, especially on cases as big as these. They obviously saw something that disproved her being the murderer. They would put themselves in such amounts of danger if they didn't believe their answer was the correct one. Now, they're going to get death threats by ill-informed idiots much like half of the people in this thread.
No, this is completely wrong.

They didn't see anything that disproved Casey. They just didn't see anything that directly proved it was her beyond a reasonable doubt. Hence, "not guilty."

The jury acted "objectively" in accordance to the system, but it's one of those situations where all the evidence in the world obviously supports one conclusion over another -- the latter of which requires mountains of improbable fitting to hold as true.

That's the sad truth of the court system though. Judgment ultimately comes down to people too dumb to get out of jury duty to begin with.

Last edited by Reincarnate; 07-5-2011 at 03:06 PM..
Old 07-5-2011, 02:49 PM   #26
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Dunno why we are discussing this trial when... somewhere in the world today, tomorrow and every day beyond there are far worse, more vile, and gruesome things going on. This is a pebble in a boulders world.

Mutilations
Decapitations
Ed Gein style murders.
Serial killers that maximum overshadow this event
Genocide

And lets not forget the people who die of unnaturally natural causes.
The thousands dying in Africa and other third world countries.

Plague
Famine
Territorial disputes ending in bloodshed
Natural disasters that we tend to forget after the media stops reporting on it
Etc etc.

Point is, this case means NOTHING absolutely NOTHING in the scheme of the inhumanity our world experiences every day. Call me a pricked but the only emotions I have toward this case is anger at the fact that people even care about this one event.

P.S. stop stating the obvious, our government/legal system is fucced we know. So stop bitchin, write up a proposal for a new legal system and get it signed into law. Damn. I'm in a bad mood today.

Phynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 02:54 PM   #27
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You're an idiot
Old 07-5-2011, 03:00 PM   #28
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

Old 07-5-2011, 03:05 PM   #29
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Casey Anthony found not guilty:

VICTORYMANIAS !_!
Old 07-5-2011, 03:06 PM   #30
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7694 View Post
Casey Anthony found not guilty:

VICTORYMANIAS !_!
She made the !_! face when when the crowd wasn't looking 8D

I didn't know about this case until Smitty told me a few days ago, so I'm basically in the same position as Bluearrow on this.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 03:09 PM   #31
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Seriously though, that was a bullshit call from them. I mean, she's been guilty to lying to a cop, but not the murder?

oh suuuuuuuuuure go easy on the white women...if it was a black guy, nigg@ be fucced
Old 07-5-2011, 03:12 PM   #32
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

"Nancy Grace is a ****tard...

oh btw I hope Dexter or some other vigilante takes this matter into his own hands so that there can be a sense of justice in this world"

You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.
jugglinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 03:12 PM   #33
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

OJ Simpson would disagree with that samurai

Then again, he had Johnnie Cochran
Old 07-5-2011, 03:12 PM   #34
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
You're an idiot
Lol, call me an idiot but give it a months time, maybe two and you'll all be talking about some guy who murdered his wife and kids only because the media is reporting heavily on it. Paying attention to these media events makes you another statistic to their ratings.

Oh wow, I sound like a non-conformist. Interesting.

Phynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 03:17 PM   #35
bballa48
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
If the "drowning" story was real, then why the hell was there duct tape on the remains? Why was there so much browser history about drugs (things like chloroform, which was likely used to sedate the child)? What kind of mother goes for 31 days without reporting a missing child to the police, all the while partying it up? The odor in the car, according to forensics experts, was consistent with human decomposition and had traces of chloroform. Casey lied about Caylee's father, lied about her job, lied to the police, stole money, stole checks, borrowed a shovel, made up stories about "Zanny the nanny," lied about the empty apartment, was guilty of fraud, made up stories about being sexually abused by her brother/father, etc.

Who makes an accidental drowning look like murder? If it was truly an accident, she would have been too shocked to just go out and party. Why sit in jail on a death penalty charge if you know it's an accident -- why not speak up to the parents, even? At that point, you're on trial for *murder* under the gun for something you supposedly did not do. It's not believable, either, that the grandfather would cover up an accident like that and blame his own kid (especially as a former detective/cop).

We're supposed to ignore all that and say "Alright, despite all these demonstrably false claims she's made, we're going to accept a random explanation given three years later down the line as the truth -- an explanation which, in itself, we can only accept as a possibility without any proof?"

Complete crap.

In every accidental drowning case, you ****ing call 911 because you hope the paramedics can save your child. You don't wrap up the baby, duct tape it, and throw it away somewhere.

Casey walked because there wasn't enough to tie her to a murder charge. Yeah, the evidence is circumstantial. Yeah, there's no hardlinked evidence tying her to a guilty verdict. But this is another "common sense is obvious" case. Unfortunately, courts don't work that way. But Scott Peterson was convicted without any hardlinked evidence, either, so all I can say is "the courts are a crapshoot."
Totally agree with you, especially the bolded part. I feel that society is slowly moving away from using intuition, which I believe is equally if not more important than cold hard facts.
Old 07-5-2011, 03:19 PM   #36
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynx View Post
Lol, call me an idiot but give it a months time, maybe two and you'll all be talking about some guy who murdered his wife and kids only because the media is reporting heavily on it. Paying attention to these media events makes you another statistic to their ratings.

Oh wow, I sound like a non-conformist. Interesting.
No, you're an idiot for making light of an atrocity by saying "This is nothing compared to everything else in the world."

There's always going to be "something worse out there." That doesn't discredit the fact that an abusive mother probably murdered her child and got away with it.

Lots of cases like these receive tons of media coverage. Rarely do deplorable acts of this magnitude (especially here in the US) go unnoticed.

There are certainly lots of grotesque, cruel things out there that go under the radar, but seriously, you're disgusting. This was a chance to at least deliver justice in the name of a completely innocent victim at the hands of a sociopath, and it completely failed.
Old 07-5-2011, 03:22 PM   #37
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Quote:
OJ Simpson would disagree with that samurai

Then again, he had Johnnie Cochran
This is Chewbacca...

Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 03:24 PM   #38
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

"That does not make sense!"
Old 07-5-2011, 03:30 PM   #39
customstuff
♥C.S. + A.M.♥
FFR Veteran

Phynx, I'm not against you but I think you were pretty much called an idiot for saying everyone else is overreacting to this when they were just discussing the event. You went somewhat off-topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
welcome to D6

start playing
customstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 03:32 PM   #40
Babyvpr
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
FFR Veteran