Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2023, 11:45 PM   #41
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 208: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (side-episode) [POST-GAME]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Something like "Information Share" or whatever. No pics, but otherwise sharing is on (it's important to me that it still be possible to fake the logs for the majority of players, The way I think you feel about ciphers is how I feel about letting town provide hard evidence about their PMs/Logs
I think I feel the same way as you do about making fake logs possible to be plausible, and that's just... a tremendously, tremendously high bar when you'd make something like copy/pasting legal

yeah, charu and any number more of wolves COULD have faked that jailor chat but like...
cmon

there does need to be a balance when you're asking:
one side to spend 5 seconds copy and pasting a legit document MAYBE editing some stuff out the way Charu would've edited out stuff about his role
versus
literal HOURS and HOURS of work and something as small as using a space before a question mark or not could out that the log is fake because Haku types in an extremely specific way

its just not fair

its a clear imbalance and I think there's not a great way to get it to work well within the confines of the game

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 11:32 AM   #42
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG 208: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (side-episode) [POST-GAME]

I mean if you feel that way, keep information share off. If a host feels different they can switch it on and people can either sign up knowing the risk or decline not wanting any part of it.

But yeah, if you word the base, default rule as "Host made or moderated chats" you should have the exact rule you described before written in a concise, none interpretive way.

EDIT actually the rules should probably have a mock game setup that showcases and explains what the default rules are, so that if signups fail to address it the mods know exactly what ruleset to fall back on and no one can claim there wasn't precedent.

EDIT EDIT: this isn't what we're talking about but Phantoms should be on by default

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Last edited by MixMasterLar; 08-26-2023 at 11:36 AM..
MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 01:42 PM   #43
the sun fan
FFR Player

phantoms should be off by default
they don't punish inactivity, they punish activity, in a very roundabout way

people who put a lot into the game just lose in mylo/lylo to a wolfrush sometimes immediately because someone was a bit inactive and that was insanely frustrating to people back when phantoms were on

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 01:59 PM   #44
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Ok ok
Phantoms off

I stand by the rest of the post

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 02:56 PM   #45
Sourissette
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
You're gonna be a deadly player in a few games if you keep rolling with these peeps... I'm calling it now. Keep signing up for games!
Woah, alright I will!
Sourissette is offline   Reply With Quote