Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 07:11 PM   #1
LythincaMan
FFR Player

Default Video Game Rant #1

Warning: May be explicit.

Thats right, NUMBER ONE.
I remember all the times, when games were kiddish, but they were FUN, and everyone liked them. Like diddy Kong racing, that was the best n64 game EVER. Alot of people liked it, even though it was childish, but it was FUN. Also, Super Mario 64, that was such a good game, I can play it for 20 minutes, and I just get addicted to it, immediatly! Same with Megaman 64, it was an amazing game, and Im still playing it today!

Also, Zelda Ocarina of Time, that was a truely breath taking game, I still have it for n64, and I even have a gameshark so I can access the Zelda Beta in it, and I can get into levels never released into the original game, and its just amazing, Im addicted to it! (I can access the beta in mario, and it also has levels that were never released in the original game.)

I also remember all the times, when cartridge/CD boxart was wacky, funny, and had a very old animated style to them, that would make gamers, look at the back and say "Hey This game looks pretty fun, and relaxing!"

What happened to all this? Video games are getting to serious now, and yea theyre still interesting, but I find that they are missing something... Oh yea, that's called CHILDISH FUN.

Most Videogame boxart, is too serious these days, and yea it makes me want to play the game, but it doesnt make me feel relaxed when I'm playing.

Like "OMG BANG BANG!, I JUST GOT SHOT IN THE FACE!" isnt the feeling that I want to ****ing feel when I'm in a relaxed mood.

Ya know what I mean? And its not just box art either.
Its videogames altogether. Most of them arent wacky and fun, crazy to play anymore.

Like, that's another reason I want a Dreamcast, so I can play Crazy Taxi, and Sonic and such.

I want to relive my childhood days, and that I hope to accomplish by playing old video games that, I played when I was a kid, and I feel at home.

I would rather ****ing take Crazy Taxi over Gears of War (Although GoW is a good game).

I loved my childhood days, when I could play some wacky game like Megaman 64, or Mario Party (The Older ones), and just be so happy. But now I play FPS and I swear like a Mofo.

Doesnt anyone else feel this way?
<3
Old 02-14-2007, 07:25 PM   #2
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: Video Game Rant #1

Crazy Taxi is another Gamecube port. I bought it for $10 four years ago.

All of the Sonic titles have been ported as well.

Seriously, look up all these "zomg dreamcast" games. Most have been ported.

Though I do agree with you on some aspects, it's the style of the developer. Serious games denote realistic graphics. Fun games do not, but they can choose to use them anyway.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:28 PM   #3
LythincaMan
FFR Player

Yes, I know they've been ported, but like I said, nothings as good as the original.

And yea, I'm up for a lil Boom Headshot sometimes, but I'm always willing to play a lot of Oh YEAA LOOK AT ME DRIVE!! Thats pretty sweet! Dammnnn Big air! Ooo!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:29 PM   #4
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychopete

Many awesome Dreamcast games have been ported to the Gamecube (Crazy Taxi and Skies of Arcadia, for instance).

And gaming has become too serious, but I always find that there is something ridiculous, humorous or 'kiddy' that entertains me (Katamari Damacy, Disgaea, Elite Beat Agents and Viva Piņata are good examples).
psychopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
LythincaMan
FFR Player

Yea I know what you mean. Like I want to play the original, not a port. And I want to play it using a DC controller
Old 02-15-2007, 12:28 AM   #6
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

The DC controller is the only difference.

Most ports don't change the gameplay, especially when it's ported to a NEWER console.

I've played all of the games you've mentioned and more on both consoles. There really is no change.

But hey, if you have money to burn and don't care to have to swamp A/V cables when you could just buy GC discs and use them in your Wii, go right ahead.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:19 AM   #7
LythincaMan
FFR Player

Dreamcast forever boys, dreamcast forever.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:47 AM   #8
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

The Skies of Arcadia, SA, and SA2 ports actually have a fair deal of things changed as opposed to the DC version.

Of course, it's for the better. Sega can't code worth ****, so it's probably good that they fixed them up.

Also, this rant is hilariously dumb. Relaxing boxart? What the hell?

Games are only getting better. I'm all for nostalgia, but you have to realize that the industry is moving ahead. Sure, there are more violent games now, but there's also plenty of... family-friendly games, as it were.

Eh, whatever.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:45 PM   #9
MMShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

there are still games like that i mean look at the "tales" seres

I like games where i can be aggresive and fast acting though i like them because there breath takeing and make you say...."wow how did i do that i want to do it again!" Or "wow that was a rush!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HectoGtzMX] View Post
As far as I've seen the profiles in this topic, the best around is MMShadow's xDDDDDD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
penis too big. hurts ladies.
MMShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:13 AM   #10
zidart
FFR Player

yeah i love the sonics of the dreamcast when i bought it for the gamecube it felt like it lost something to it
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote