Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-1-2005, 06:08 PM   #81
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorlichan
Whorli's Awesomely Cool Totally Not Ripped Off From Anyone Voting Guide:

Tps222 (3) - mead1, JurseyRider734, Kefit
evilbutterfly (1) - Matthew4444
mead1 (1) - evilbutterfly
roopert (1) - Tps222
eyespewgreekfire (1) - aperson
aperson (1) - CypherToorima
HansSky (1) - Kilgamayan
Whorlichan (1) - Afrobean
JurseyRider734 (1) - Whorlichan

So Tps has 3 votes and is leading the count because...well, let's see the reasoing:

His posts seem to lead to the conclusion that he thinks voting off a wolf would be a bad idea, (paraphrasing blatantly stolen from mead1) and that he wants to vote off inactive people. We already know inactivity =/= wolfishness, so people are getting on his case.

Jursey voted for him because she thinks he's acting dumb not very human-like. Personally, I don't think she's acting all too human, or too smart either for that matter. Part of this game is reading closely what each person says, and she glossed over my voting guide without even bothering to read it. What if I'd said something important? (Not that I think my voting guide isn't important, but there wasn't much discussion in that post.) She would have missed it. Not only that, she is creating a bandwagon situation by jumping right on what mead has said.

Kefit is suspicious of Tps and has been from the start; he quoted him on page 4 as
Quote:
stating that [Kefit] might be a "good night one lynching" under the assumption that [Kefit is] human.
And to quote Kefit himself,
Quote:
Lynching a human is never a good lynching.
This is a good reason to distrust him; however I'm not completely certain that Tps isn't just an ignorant human.

And while I was typing all this up I got voted for. Afro, haven't we decided that random votes (which you say yourself it is) are pointless? I'm not inactive enough for you to want to use this vote to call me out, and you can't say that my very presence here is wolf-like, as I had very good real-life reasons to be inactive when I was a wolf (also the other games I played in, in which I was ALSO human).

I don't want to place a revenge vote, as Afro has done nothing to seem suspicious to this point, and voting for me is not a good enough reason. Having read Jursey's posts closely (as she does not seem to have done for anyone else), I'm convinced that she is a wolf.

EDIT TO ADD: Okay, not "convinced." Bad phrasing. But I am more suspicious of her than I am of anyone else at this point.

It seems to me that aperson and whorli are trying to point out that I don't read posts, which I do. On page 5 I was looking for a voting chart in the Excel format, and I noticed I didn't see one, and I didn't have anything to post yet other than asking for one. It seems pretty ignorant and stupid for you to be suspicious of me because of a careless mistake. How else do you think I came to the conclusion of Tps acting like an idiot? By NOT reading his posts? Besides, I don't think it's fair to judge whether or not i'm acting stupidly. I've all seen you do your share as well. The only reason I wasn't on topic in the chat was because NO ONE ELSE WAS. You also say that Kefit has been suspicious of Tps since page 4? What if I was suspicous of him since page 3? At least I have something to go on, and not random voting. Since when is agreeing with people against the rules? Maybe I think you're playing stupidly, but i'm not going to come out like aperson as well as you did and say that you're acting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 02-1-2005, 06:14 PM   #82
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan

But Jursey, if all you're looking for is an Excel spreadsheet then you're NOT reading the posts, at least not enough to notice that what you're asking for is already there. You're looking for a picture and ignoring the writing that says the same thing.

I did not say you're acting stupid, but I don't think you're playing this as intelligently as you can. Nor did I say that I was the all-powerful, all-knowing uber-intelligent Goddess of TWG (that post has been taken by Tass, who's fighting for it against blah ). I know I make mistakes, and I know I'm not the best at this game--not even very good, in my own opinion, but I enjoy it. And one of the many reasons I enjoy it is because it takes thought and careful reading, and glossing over things is just not going to work.

Also, I am indeed glad that you're not placing random votes, because I think that is a terrible mistake for people to make, even on Day 1. So kudos to you for that. But hey, can we get some paragraph breaks in there? Big blocks of text = painful to read.
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
Old 02-1-2005, 06:19 PM   #83
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Ok I never said that voting off a wolf would be bad. Maybe my wording was wrong, all I meant to say was that the probabilty of the person that gets killed tonight is going to be human, so instead of random voting, like afro and a few others have done, I tried to take a logical solution to solve the whole "day one chaos". Apparently trying something new counts as suspicious. All I suggested as that since we have a high probability of getting a human, it would be a good idea to lynch one that is not helping us right now, to minimize our losses, but, if by luck chance he as a wolf, It would be a plus for us, that's all I meant by that last sentance. I'm not trying to be defensive but getting lynched for trying to solve the day one choas is stupid, and is better then random voting.

Mead said
Quote:
Tps, another problem with the "damage control" lynching is this: One of the main things you can catch a wolf on is by how they vote. If the humans voted for Kilga/Kefit, the wolves would bandwagon,
. No intelligent wolf would ever bandwagon on day one. EVER. There is never enough evidence to, so it would look too suspicous.

The peopel who voted for me had no credible explanation for there voting process, except for kefit. Though, the only evidence he had was my wording, and the fact that we would be in the same situation tommarrow, which is not true. There would be a wolfing to go off of, and the rest of the special roles would find something out, and hopefully hint something to us. Also, when have we ever got a wolf on day one, none in which I have played, it was all just random voting.

Sorry if this post comes out defensive, but i'm really pissed that I try a new idea out, and it automatically makes the newbs scream wolf. Though, I am still going with my inactivity vote, but just for TODAY! Then i will be back to evidence. My vote is still staying with Roopert, for he hasn't voted, and phantoms are helpfull to wolves on night one.
Old 02-1-2005, 06:23 PM   #84
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

The Jursey Defence

As much as I hate to bring this up, I think age has to be taken into account a little. As much as Jursey knows her way around ffr, I don't expect her to take the same initiative in sub-face value analysis and staying relevant in chat as some others in this forum. That being said I think a moment of bad judgement, irrelevance, low effort, or shallow thought, whatever you want to call the shortcoming, isn't a good enough reason to find Jursey's behavior of consequence.

This isn't to say I don't get wolf vibes from her too, but I've become wearily used to them, even when TWG isn't on

laundy, I'll post more in a while.

(edited for title)
Old 02-1-2005, 06:32 PM   #85
alainbryden
Seen your member

The TPS Defence

I just want to point out that the whole reason people are voting TPS is that strategy he just talked about right?

Well I don't know if anyone read my post before his with that strategy, or just didn't understand it, but that is the exact same thing I said. If you all read/understood my post, why didn't you go vote crazy on me for it?

I actually think TPS read my post, and sort of got it, but not really, and came up with his version and reposted it. I baisically said the same thing. If we have no leads by the end of the day, randomly vote a bad player, at least then if it does turn out to be a human (75% for a random vote) then it won't be any great loss to us.

This is exactly what TPS is suggesting, yet he got harassed for the idea and I'm not. Lay off TPS and lay off Jurs for a bit. I'm gonna read the thread, some comversations, put together some quotes, and make my vote. Then you can all bandwagon on me. I say this sarcastically. You shouldn't. But that's what most of you have been doing so far, whether you notice or not.
Old 02-1-2005, 06:39 PM   #86
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainbryden
Then you can all bandwagon on me. I say this sarcastically. You shouldn't. But that's what most of you have been doing so far, whether you notice or not.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 02-1-2005, 06:40 PM   #87
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps222
My vote is still staying with Roopert, for he hasn't voted, and phantoms are helpfull to wolves on night one.

So wait, are you saying you're TRYING to help the wolves? If this isn't what you mean, please restate it...because that's what it's coming across as.

During reading Tps's explaination, I was seriously considering changing my vote until I came to this statement.

Quote:
Quote:
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 02-1-2005, 06:45 PM   #88
alainbryden
Seen your member

I'll explain Jursey.

If roopert is a wolf, and he's trying to get a phantom, then that takes suspicion off him right? A wolf might just risk that.

If roopert is a human, and he gets a phantom, if he's still alive when there is one day left, the wolves can have an easy time picking him off and winning the game with his phantom, providing an odd number of people are left.

By this logic, getting rid of someone with a phantom, who is inactive is more likely beneficial than getting rid of someone without a phantom.

Either way, it will likely change, if and when roopert comes back to vote, there are many who haven't voted yet.
Old 02-1-2005, 06:49 PM   #89
alainbryden
Seen your member

The HansSky Defence

Kilga, I wouldn't vote for Hans for that at all. Even if you're joking, don't give these noobs any ideas.

Hans never like talking about his gut feelings, either because he was afraid of being wrong, or he didn't want to influence people and seem wolfy, or he thought it was wrong to base decisions on a mere feeling.

To tell the truth, he has discussed his "gut" feelings with me, but I think he's right in not posting them here. People have come to mock him for such predictions, and he doesn't feel they play a role in the game, it's just something cool for him. He certainly doesn't make any jugements based on them and he doesn't expect anyone to take them seriously.

So don't vote hans just because he's going the right thing and not answering all your proddings about his gut.
Old 02-1-2005, 06:51 PM   #90
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansSky
Some crazy clairvoyant gut feeling? Eh. I did, in fact have one thus far. But my strongest one did not say who was a wolf, but actually, who was a mason. But I have had some feelings about a wolf, but logic tells me differently. About that one person.

But there is one person that logic tells me is wolfish, and I have not been comfortable at all talking to about the game to. I have been going back and forth of who to vote for, and I've decided that my vote goes to Jurs.

I've been getting somewhat annoyed with Tps and his bad logic about voting for inactive people, and aperson has rolled dice to place his vote? People, I really don't think this is how the game should be played. But do what you gotta do, I suppose.

But with Jurs, she has been acting the way I was acting in Infiltration. Especially in the chat. I tried to avoid talking to people in the game, so I could just avoid lynches by just flying under the radar. It seems to me she is trying to do exactly the same thing.

I just hope I'm right.

I decided i'd come back to this, since I have decided to change my vote from Tps after alain's explaination(thank you<3)

Let's see...since when did you know if I was avoiding talking to people? When I was in the chat, I RARELY, very rarely, saw you say a WORD. Is this a repeat of Infiltration? Because I recall talking a lot to the people in there. If I was a wolf, yes, I would do what you did. But i'm not doing what you did...you're making it look like I was using your strategy. For all these people know, they could agree with you. Probably the fact that we talk all the time could be an alibi for knowing I don't talk to people. In actuality, I do. Why are you trying to make up something about me not talking? Also:

Hans: It's always my first one that's right.
Hans: My first one wasn't/isn't with you.

Then why did you change it to me, Hans?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-1-2005, 06:53 PM   #91
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

"All my proddings"? I brought it up once.

And would you rather I throw a dart at a dartboard? Because with you debunking theories for everyone it seems like that's your goal.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 02-1-2005, 06:55 PM   #92
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Yes, thank you alain, Jurs, you have been misinterpreting my posts all day, I don't know if I am typing vaguely, but I guess Alain could understand me. What I meant to say was that if Roopert by chance is a wolf, then getting a phantom is favorable for him. Sorry for my lack of clarity people.
Old 02-1-2005, 07:04 PM   #93
eyespewgreekfire
FFR Player

Im gonna have to vote for kefit. His severe inactivity is bad enough to not just be the result of work.

but he might be a good night one lynching, so we can minimize our losses.(if he is human of course)

I don't really have much to say as of yet. Analyzing the night one kill isn't going to get us any

and

I'm going to be leaving for work in a few minutes, and I won't be back until after voting is over. I still don't have anything more to go on than my suspicion of Tps, so he gets my vote.

is all he has posted so far. He has offered no ideas of his own and seems to be hiding in the shadows. In the past, kefit has been hardcore early on and more passive later in the game, so this seems to be a bit out of charecter for him.

Old 02-1-2005, 07:07 PM   #94
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Except that up until three minutes ago, he had more posts in this topic than you.

Real great basis for your vote.

And Kefit has NEVER been "hardcore in the beginning" so I don't know what you're talking about with that.
Old 02-1-2005, 07:11 PM   #95
alainbryden
Seen your member

Eyespew and Kefit Defence?

Eyespew, unlike Kefit, has been very active on aim and chat, if not having anything new to say on the boards, so don't think it's that odd.

Even then, he should not think Kefit is not valuable. He is very valuable. Though quiet, he is one of our most critical thinkers. If anyone else votes Kefit I'm going after them for being a wolf. ie: don't vote Kefit!
Old 02-1-2005, 07:12 PM   #96
eyespewgreekfire
FFR Player

Kilga, for one, I have written more than he has, just more condensed, and two, my post is ideas, not filler. He presents nothing. What I am basing this off of is how bummed out he was both time he got wolfed first, and saying how much he wanted to play. Another game (VII i think it was, not sure) I IMed him a good deal, and he cared less and less over time. Thats not to say that this is conclusive evidence. I just want to get the ideas out. It is quite likely that I will change my vote, and I have IMed him to see if he would like to defend himself. Also, sarcastic, snide commentary has no place in TWG Kilga. I am trying my best to get the ideas out there and you come back with an insult. I apologise if I angered you with my post, but really, it is not like my reasoning is any worse than anyone else's here. (zero equals zero :P)

Old 02-1-2005, 07:15 PM   #97
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyespewgreekfire
Also, sarcastic, snide commentary has no place in TWG Kilga.
Tasselfoot?
Old 02-1-2005, 07:31 PM   #98
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

Well, my Tps vote stands, and I am off to bed. The decision is out of my hands.
Old 02-1-2005, 07:32 PM   #99
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Okay, now that the alarm is over...

You made an observation. So did I. That simple. I may convey my observations differently, but by no means do I try to out-and-out insult someone. Don't take it that way.

This is how I ALWAYS play this game. This is how I always will.
Old 02-1-2005, 07:40 PM   #100
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Jurs has been saying stuff that's wrong, and nobody has called her out on it. Other than the simple non-understanding of people's posts, there is some blatent misinformation:

Quote:
The only reason I wasn't on topic in the chat was because NO ONE ELSE WAS.
Actually, aperson whipped us all into shape at one point and we were VERY on topic. This held up for quite some time. Then Jurs came into the chat and everything went awry. We were on topic, then she came back and distracted people again. It can't be blamed entirely on her, but she DID NOT help. When serious discussion was going on, she was absent, which brings me to my next point:

Quote:
When I was in the chat, I RARELY, very rarely, saw you say a WORD.
He (Hans) was talking as I wrote this post. He talked before, and he'll talk again. He was quite active in the chat, actually. You sat in the chat and didn't type in there. Actually, most (if not all) of what you DID say was directed at Hans and/or Alain. I don't see how you can lie so blatently Jurs. I remember clearly YOU TALKING TO HIM IN THE CHAT. And when you stopped talking, he continued to do so.

Seriously Jurs, stop pulling stuff out of your ass. At least humans have decent logic.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Closed Thread