Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > Brag Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Stamina Improvement + Shoutouts

Before I start, this is a personal accomplishment thread meant to give many shoutouts. Back in the day I never thought I'd pass DDR boss songs like The Legend of Max, and now I can already see my stamina improving at a nice rate.

Shoutouts to:
- Telperion, giving me suggestions on going no bar when necessary (my arms hurt when holding on to the bar for too long). This helped build stamina and some slight control.
- FrozenAngel91, telling me that I seemed to have decent stamina but low footspeed. He was indeed correct. He also recommended Possession hard to me, which will come later in this post.
- TC_Halogen aka debit13, for giving me tips on adjusting stuff for pad play. I also considered the "heel stepping" he mentioned when we were talking about when he played 10s back in the day as an avid DDR player.
- wildfireskunk. DDR files, while they might not be "quality", are very good in the 10-12 range for building up stamina from how much movement they have. Unfortunately the double steps piss me off, otherwise I'd love the files haha. The crossovers and candles help me build stamina much faster than straightforward stream with some turning at this level of play.
- alloyus and DarkChrysalis for helping me with ITG technical stuff like OGGpatch etc.

So yeah, going to the scores, disabling marvelous timing has allowed me to focus more on the pattern rather than looking at annoying marvelous/perfect ratings on the screen. Right now I am simply just trying to improve my stamina and footspeed, so I'm still playing cmod. My footwork might be sloppy -- I managed to get most of these scores on video, but unfortunately I don't have a firewire cable with me right now that's necessary for my video camera to upload stuff (that's at home). When these videos get uploaded I'd love to get feedback on how I could improve my footwork since it might be pretty sloppy. My current improvements are mostly a product from others giving me tips.

My current weaknesses that need major improvement:
- Trill control
- Jacks (the ending of max 300 kills me for example)
- Footspeed

I really need to work on trill control, first FC

Lots of greatrushing in the trills. I'm pretty sure my current form for trills is sloppy.

This is definitely one of the easiest 10s ever on DDR.

Nice CBs, noticeable improvement in footspeed but I'm still pretty slow

Close, if I didn't bomb the ending jacks this would've been an AA probably

Most of the misses were from the minijacks, those are terrible. Otherwise, the streams in this file are mostly short-lived and I can nail most of them.

Noticeable improvement in stamina. My previous C on this was when I tired out way too fast.

Messed up some of the crossovers, haha. A on this is pretty nice, 200 even in short bursts is fast.

I'd have to say holy shit at this one. I couldn't even pass this before, and I managed to get an A in this session. My stamina has improved quite a bit. This file is really more of the stamina aspect since it's 145 bpm 16ths.

Barely passed, shoutouts to FrozenAngel91. I was breathing hard after this song, those jumps are tiring as fuck

Failed right before the slowdown at the end, this requires footspeed that I don't have just yet (I think my footwork might also be preventing me from doing fast patterns, not sure)

Indeed Pad Pack

I'd like to go to some files in Indeed Pad Pack. Essentially they have lots of movement like DDR files but without doublestepping.

I like the cleanliness in this score, the ending still gets me though. The second half is relentless, I still breath hard after finishing this haha.

First A, I didn't get wrecked as hard by the 24th short trill stream and crossover streams this time although I'm pretty sloppy on the crossovers

Damn, talk about a major improvement in greats. I'm still unstable on the jump sections with the jacks, but the streams are coming to me better now.

And then my best pass from this pack...

HOLY FUCK I DID IT YESSSS

Basically the ending is a decently long death run at 159 bpm, it's mostly trill transitions into measure-long candle streams. Pretty simple patterns, but considering my footspeed this is insane for me because long streams like this can't be rushed.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
wildfireskunk
Purveyor of tea
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to wildfireskunk Send a message via MSN to wildfireskunk Send a message via Skype™ to wildfireskunk
Default Re: Stamina Improvement + Shoutouts

These are some very good scores, I'll comment more tomorrow when I'm not in a rush! Keep up the good work

Also, with Max300 those ending jacks are a problem for everybody. They can be made easier by using both feet on one arrow if you start on the correct foot. Look it over in SM and you'll see what I mean

wildfireskunk is offline   Reply With Quote