Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 06:07 PM   #21
makaveli121212
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to makaveli121212

the first was locked because VxD voiced his opinion on arch (which isnt allowed i guess)...arch told him to pm him...VxD did do this, but the reply was not imediate from arch...VxD's makes more threads that are eacah, in turn, locked by arch...finally VxD posts in a thread, voicing his opinion again, and gets his post edited by arch...you can see where the frustration sets in when one member is hounded and oppressed by a mod...ive pm'ed arch a few times, he cant even admit to doing a thing wrong...hes so thick headed it unbelievable...if he wasnt so damn full of himself i wouldnt mind it so much, but he cant take and objective look at anything
Old 03-18-2004, 06:19 PM   #22
hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX

I read the threads. And I can't take sides but here's what I think.

Arch did in fact have some right to lock most of VxDx's threads. Why? Because after one was locked, with a message saying "PM me to settle this" or something along those lignes, a second thread was started probably no less than 10 minutes later.

But let's face it, Arch claims to have edited VxDxs posts because they were flaming him/other members/the etc... People think that VxDx is complaining so much simply because he dislikes Arch. But has anyone noticed lately, that there is a thread on the first page of shit chat, saying something like "VxDx sucks". It's got the idea of flamewar written all over it. Lately, Arch has been the only person going around locking/patroling threads. Has he done anything to this thread? NOPE! NOTHING! NADDA! ZIP! Why? Perhaps because he equaly hates VxDx as much as VxDx hates him? I see hypocrisy in this.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:26 PM   #23
tmorph
FFR Player

ppl shoud be able to say what they want
Old 03-18-2004, 06:30 PM   #24
VxDx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to VxDx

Close maka, but that's not quite how it happened.

(1) I woke up and read about Arch being a mod, so I said that he shouldn't be. That was locked, somewhat fairly, because there was another announcement about it.
(2) I PM'd Synth saying that he should reconsider Arch's mod status
(3) I posted in his announcement a retort to what he said right before he locked the thread. This was, by design, non-offensive.
(4) I also posted in altairians thread about Arch's modding, but that was locked.
(5) I come back to find that Altairians thread is locked and my long, thought out post is completely edited out.
(6) I made the locking topics it cool thread, which was locked, with obvious reason
(7) I made the story thread, but that's a story, not about the matter at hand.

thereafter, I only posted in the story thread and the revolution announcement.

Also, I PM'd Arch after I posted in his thread as he directed me to, but got no response and got my thread edited. All the while, Arch claims that I should be PMing him with EXACTLY WHAT I WROTE IN A THREAD DEVOTED TO THE TOPIC OF HIM BEING A MOD.

Hypocrisy hardly describes this. This, ladies and gentlemen, is idiosy.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:38 PM   #25
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Geez...what a heated topic. Here's my view on things. People judge other people on past behavior, right? That's why a n00b is more likely to get flamed for posting a stupid topic then if, say, I posted a stupid topic. People know me. They know I don't postwhore incessantly or post generally stupid things. Which brings me to my next point. Everyone knows that there's no love lost between Arch and Vx, so Arch is going to be more inclined to edit a post or lock a topic made by Vx, because there's been a past history of hate between the two.

Anyway, while I totally agree with the idea of Arch being a mod, as we need more and Arch would be quite good at the job...I don't agree with his editing of posts, especially so early in his modding career. I mean it's almost as if he just sat there, refreshing the page, waiting for the time when he could edit or lock something. I just think that he didn't post anything uber offensive, just his view on the matter, which is perfectly acceptable. I mean, since when was it illegal for me to say "God, Jewpin is such an idiot!"? I havn't, but I could have if I wanted to. I'm just saying that edits should only be used in extreme circumstances, and I don't consider that an extreme, even if we are trying to raise the bar for acceptability.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:54 PM   #26
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

I am just going to get this done with and lock this thread because of how it's turned out and get this over with since maka already asked to earlier, that and FFR is going really slow to me so I can't respond to all of your internet dilemmas at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by VxDx
However, I didn't do that at all. And coincidentally, you edited out what I did say, so I can't prove that what I said wasn't offensive (I just said that you should ease up on the posting), flammatory (that's not a word), or trolling (I was stating what I thought, not looking for an arguement).
Then you need to pay more attention or something because what you posted WAS trolling, it was littered with little sarcastic flames here and there and was just asking for it.

As for the goatse thing, yeah I was wrong about that, but he didn't pay attention and that was my only way to get him to, since he is being stubborn and cannot get the idea of using PMs through his thick skull.

I don't think you people PAY ATTENTION to my posts to realize that when VxDx PMed me it was a link to a post IN THIS THREAD, not his actual point. If he had just sent me the ACTUAL POST in the PM, none of this would've happened. Yeah Synth may agree that the post should not have been edited but he also agrees that you're all being really stubborn and illiterate about this and making a big deal out of it whining like immature babys who can't do whatever they want and postwhore their postcount to high heaven and post variants of "OMG U R SO GAY U GAY *** OMG OMG OMG" 50 trillion times in the same thread. Everyone has restrictions, that's life, get over it. Maka, VxDx, Lupin, and altairian are the only people that have problems with it. Every other person, jewpin, 87x, Reach, Freak, everyone else who has talked to me about it likes the idea of me being mod. You guys are just mad because you can't be immature on here anymore.

I knew this would take some convincing to make the transition of maturity but I never thought you people would be this arrogant and illiterate about things.

Locked because several people requested it, this thread has gone to crap, and because nobody actually reads posts anymore (SKIMMING THEM DOESN'T COUNT).
Closed Thread