Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2008, 11:22 AM   #2781
Jor-Dan_the_greatest
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Jor-Dan_the_greatest Send a message via Yahoo to Jor-Dan_the_greatest
Default Re: Dog's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder

Afro's right. I hardly ever have lag, and when I do it is with people who's connections are represented with a dark red circle.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:13 PM   #2782
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Maybe you just can't understand what i'm saying until you get on my level of gameplay. Online gameplay dramatically decreases my ability to do everything necessary to win. The lag prevents me from doing things that are effective on a consistent basis. With lucas for example, even if i'm playing my next door neighbor, his up B is so delayed, that i have to circle it around an extra time and get lucky to recover on the stage. A perfect example from our game yesterday was when you were facing my game and watch and your character had used up all its jumps and i was using my Up air. Had it not been online i would've blown you off the stage to your death like i do to everyone else i play. The lag is that bad.

Last edited by korny; 07-31-2008 at 12:20 PM..
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:34 PM   #2783
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
Maybe you just can't understand what i'm saying until you get on my level of gameplay. Online gameplay dramatically decreases my ability to do everything necessary to win. The lag prevents me from doing things that are effective on a consistent basis. With lucas for example, even if i'm playing my next door neighbor, his up B is so delayed, that i have to circle it around an extra time and get lucky to recover on the stage. A perfect example from our game yesterday was when you were facing my game and watch and your character had used up all its jumps and i was using my Up air. Had it not been online i would've blown you off the stage to your death like i do to everyone else i play. The lag is that bad.
You can't kill someone that way...

It is impossible to die by the upward boundary unless your character is HIT.

Unless you mean "blow" in a nonliteral sense. Then yeah, I was a little surprised by that I managed to not get killed in that instance, but I figured you had just made a simple mistake like we all make from time to time.

And like I said, playing against the right people can drastically change the amount of lag. There were a few periods of heavy spikes against you; it's obvious that online play of me versus you isn't going to be as good as it could be. If you still have problems with lag playing against your next door neighbor, I would say it's your Internet connection or ISP. Or maybe you just have a hard time getting used to the delays... I know myself that the kind of lag I get against manti can make it very tough to get the timing on shielding right and that has led me to getting nailed MMMMMMMMMAAAAAAANY times with his fully charged shot.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:29 PM   #2784
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
i'm not even a good lucas but even i can do that XD on-line.
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:59 PM   #2785
ducky285
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ducky285 Send a message via MSN to ducky285 Send a message via Yahoo to ducky285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
You can't kill someone that way...

It is impossible to die by the upward boundary unless your character is HIT.
Actually, GW's u-air CAN kill like that if it pushes you past the upward boundary. It's somewhat hard to do consistently on good players, though.

Also, I believe you can be KOed off the top in other instances even if you're not hit. Try using a fully charged Wario Waft near the top. Or standing on an Arwing in Corneria. Hell, even the Frigate Orpheon stage flip can throw you off the top.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:14 PM   #2786
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky285 View Post
Actually, GW's u-air CAN kill like that if it pushes you past the upward boundary. It's somewhat hard to do consistently on good players, though.

Also, I believe you can be KOed off the top in other instances even if you're not hit. Try using a fully charged Wario Waft near the top. Or standing on an Arwing in Corneria. Hell, even the Frigate Orpheon stage flip can throw you off the top.
Korny launched me up with his up aerial plenty of times but I didn't die from it a single time.

Standing on the Arwing is different. That's STANDING. The same principle applies in scrolling levels. Definitely possible to die while standing if you go above the boundary.

As far as Orpheon Frigate, I can only assume that if that is possible, it has to do with the properties of that stage itself flipping,

As for the Wario Waft, that too is an exception to the rule. See: http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Blast_line
Old 07-31-2008, 04:45 PM   #2787
abbiemonGoesRaWr
FFR Player

Move me up, dogdude. ^^
I won my match with Jordan.

My Link has been failing me lately, though. T^To
Old 07-31-2008, 05:22 PM   #2788
Suicidalfatman
Claws are better to FFR
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Suicidalfatman

Well..Im just going to use my Mushroom and challenge WolfxHunter for his spot

Highest AAA ~ Musicmaker Rx (52) 1-24-2015
Portalbob340's Round Robin Tournament (Div. 3) -> 1st
Trumpet63’s “Divisionless” Tournament -> 15th
Suicidalfatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:32 PM   #2789
OmniOstrich
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to OmniOstrich

Quote:
Maybe you just can't understand what i'm saying until you get on my level of gameplay. Online gameplay dramatically decreases my ability to do everything necessary to win. The lag prevents me from doing things that are effective on a consistent basis. The lag is that bad.
Truth, no point in arguing to those of you who haven't played offline tournaments. Most successful tourny goers say you are better off playing vs lvl 9 comps than training online. You start to think strategies are not stoppable that really can be dodged powershielded or punished in between by a quick attack that has a fraction of a second window you cant hit because of the 'negligible' button lag.
9:30-10:30 EST (Currently daylight savings) is my regular time unless otherwise scheduled
OmniOstrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:09 PM   #2790
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Had it not been online i would've easily blown you off the stage to your death. I do it all the time to my friends and they are better than you.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:01 PM   #2791
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

you know what

**** you guys

Under best circumstances the lag is not enough to make a noticeable difference in the outcome of the match (note: even with this apparently MASSIVE GAMEBREAKING LAG that Korny is complaining so much about, he was still able to handily win every matchup of G&W vs. Pika). No one is even coming close to suggesting that online play is what people should "train" on. And finally, level 9 CPU are a ****ing joke; the best I could do to korny's G&W was to lose with him on 1 or 2 stocks, yet against a level 9 CPU I was 4 stocking them most of the time. The CPU doesn't compare to playing against a real person, even if there is HEAVY lag (which, I might add, wasn't even the case against korny, there was a rather minor delay throughout but only heavy spikes occasionally that subsided quickly).

Honestly, with you people complaining about lag so much it really almost sounds like you just can't adjust to a minor delay, and rather than playing against people who live closer to you (ie appear as a color OTHER THAN red on your friend list), you'd rather sit here and complain about how offline is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. If you've got such a hardon for offline play, why don't you rip your internet out and go find people to play against offline daily.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:38 PM   #2792
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

I just don't play online anymore it's that simple. Randomly i'll get on when i'm bored only to say to myself why the hell did i even bother with this again.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:03 PM   #2793
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

You guys do know that the statment that guy quoted me saying was from like the 3rd page of this thread.

Lag sucks old news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2008, 05:06 PM   #2794
Jor-Dan_the_greatest
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Jor-Dan_the_greatest Send a message via Yahoo to Jor-Dan_the_greatest

i was wondering where that post was lawl ;D

so does that mean you DON'T think lag is that bad?
Old 08-2-2008, 08:33 PM   #2795
KyokiBPM600
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to KyokiBPM600 Send a message via MSN to KyokiBPM600 Send a message via Yahoo to KyokiBPM600

You guys still bitchin about wifi lag? o.O Lol. It's kinda like a dead grandma, whining and crying about it isn't gonna make anything better D;
Anyways, I play Megaman Starforce 2 all the time now. So if you happen to face me one day with an actual legit folder without having to revert to using WCC's then you'll be raped. If you use WCC's anyways then you will still be bent over.
KyokiBPM600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2008, 11:37 PM   #2796
Suicidalfatman
Claws are better to FFR
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Suicidalfatman

Lmao so true..just stop bitching and play the game or stfu

Highest AAA ~ Musicmaker Rx (52) 1-24-2015
Portalbob340's Round Robin Tournament (Div. 3) -> 1st
Trumpet63’s “Divisionless” Tournament -> 15th
Suicidalfatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2008, 04:44 PM   #2797
Jor-Dan_the_greatest
FFR Player

O.o'
Old 08-3-2008, 08:28 PM   #2798
OmniOstrich
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to OmniOstrich

Challenge matches vs Gray...

Omni Snake vs Gray Bowser BF
Omni Ness vs Gray Bowser Smashville
Omni MK vs Gray Bowser Delfino

I won all 3 matches.
9:30-10:30 EST (Currently daylight savings) is my regular time unless otherwise scheduled
OmniOstrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 10:29 PM   #2799
abbiemonGoesRaWr
FFR Player

*bump*

I challenge Gray. ^-^ But I heard his computer caught some virus. Oh noes. x.x
Old 08-7-2008, 11:48 PM   #2800
Gray Fox
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Gray Fox